Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Level 21 Grinders support thread!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Well I just hit 20 yesterday. I'm now at 637/17670. Argh. So the grind begins.
    IGN - LyrrLynn. Guild Master of Xplicit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1.2k/ 17k...
    The adventure begins...
    Also... just a random thought but I think it's actually possible to grind with 3D missions. Considering that the energy drops are rather high you can play for about an hour or so before you actually run out. Got about 700xp doing that for 2 hours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

just hit 21. thanks for the support!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Havent used 1 platinum yet but am 17

Jugernuget:Guess: 576

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noobified View Post
    just hit 21. thanks for the support!
    Pleasure!
    Shinrokuro - 16 Twink Warrior..........Takezaki - 26 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Confirming the question about first to hit 21, it was Elyseon he hit 3 days after it came out.
    Elysony 66 Mage.
    Elysony 19 Vampire

DOWN WITH THE REP!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Also, Visit Lee's Flat at Red Light District is 10 minutes, 6 energy, and grants 40 XP. Since it is 6 energy and 10 minutes, your energy would re-fill 2 points while it is doing the mission so basically it costs 4 energy. That means if you have a full energy bar you could do this mission 6 times for 24 energy which would be 240 XP and only 60 minutes. Hope I helped .
    Elysony 66 Mage.
    Elysony 19 Vampire

DOWN WITH THE REP!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

What I'm doing atm is making sure the long bake missions are on in the last two maps, red light district and marshwood. Then when my energy bar is full I will do two 9 energy instant missions for 55xp and grind the rest in 3d missions for pinks if I have the time, otherwise I wait 5 minutes for another energy and do an 8 energy mission.

9.5k / 17k

I told myself I wouldn't buy anymore plat until they adress my topic in the suggestion/feedback forums. I'm frustrated haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

If you want to know the best "experience per energy" or best "experience per hour" options, I've got a spreadsheet with all of the cutscene missions through Gallows verified and some of the rest w/numbers provided to me (and will be updating as I advance.)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...e-Data-A-Guide

Spreadsheet also has a tab for gold per energy and gold per hour options although 3d might be better for those.

Both tabs include the averages you can expect for bonus energy/experience/gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just hit level 20 today. Joining the grind to get to level 21

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elysony View Post
    Confirming the question about first to hit 21, it was Elyseon he hit 3 days after it came out.
    How much plat did that cost you?

-----
    Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

5.5k so far! I'm determined :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The max will still be 21 when iOS is released rite
    SL IGN: Justinjspark (LV 40 Operative)
    Guild: Sparkling Pwnies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

11k/17k..

Gettin' there!

I'd buy more plat but spacetime studios aren't adressing my enquiries about a specific in-game issue so I'm not putting any more money into this game just now.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Websterfatu View Post
    At least through Downtown Suburbs (as far as I've gotten so far) that mission can earn you the most xp/hour.

According to my spreadsheet it's worth 5.6 experience per point of energy, but you can run it often enough in an hour to earn up to 168 experience in an hour. The next best (to this point in teh campaigns) is 154 experience per hour. If you average in the extra energy drops and experience that you can get as bonuses, that's about 6.36 experience per point of energy and 182.32 experience per hour on average.
    You aren't calculating the meter when it is running from when it is zero'd out. Your xp/hour numbers are not correct. They are based on burning down a meter from 25/25. After that initial burn you need to calculate in accordance to energy replenishment which 0.2 points per minute (1 point every 5 minutes), a 8 energy mission cannot be played at 4.63 times an hour -- it can only be played once every 40 minutes (8 energy will take 40 minutes to replenish from a zero'd out meter 1 point takes 5 minutes. 5*8=40) -- that's only 1 time per hour.

Also, once you get into the redlight district Visit Lee's Flat and Sniff out Werewolves become the fastest xp gains, and all the marshwood instants would yield a faster xp gain than observer from above from any given time cycle. However, The fastest xp gain would be to play Visit Lee's Flat and Sniff out Werewolves every time it came up which would yield 2000xp if you play consistently from a zero'd state every 30 minutes. However, if you just need to burn energy the marshwood instants are good as well.

If time isn't a factor than higher xp/eng long bake missions are great as well.
    Last edited by Blaquehaaart; 04-29-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

The long bakes from as far back as Downtown Suburbs are more efficient than Visit Lee's Flat and Sniff Out Werewolves.

I can't check them because I have all the missions on complete for when the cap is increased, but there are some that only cost 4 energy for as much as 30 exp. That's 33% less energy used for 25% less exp. given by Visit and Sniff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquehaaart View Post
    You aren't calculating the meter when it is running from when it is zero'd out. Your xp/hour numbers are not correct. They are based on burning down a meter from 25/25.
    Well, it isn't incorrect, just not what you'd expected to see...which is a good point and not one that I thought of. That basically showed the "most" you'd make in an hour. I've added a couple columns for starting at 0 energy and renamed the columns to make it clear which are which. Thanks for the idea.

The spreadsheet isn't necessarily to say "these are the best" since depending on how much time you have it might be different. But, it lets you know the numbers so you can figure out your own strategy (go for more experience per point of energy, or go for more experience per hour because the mission timer is lower/non-existant, or some sort of mix?)

As for missions past the red light district, I'm updating it as I reach each new cutscene. Right now I'm waiting until this evening to open up the last few missions in the red light district and sometime tomorrow should be able to get to the Marshwood missions. I got ahead a little bit by somebody posting their own findings for each of the cutscenes, but there were a few mistakes so I've been verifying as I caught up to where he was (and have now passed that point) and given how close to the end I am I'll probably just update as I go from here. I'll add the Marshwood missions as I get there. Once I've finished them all, then I'll probably break them down for each section in the summary.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zel View Post
    The long bakes from as far back as Downtown Suburbs are more efficient than Visit Lee's Flat and Sniff Out Werewolves.

I can't check them because I have all the missions on complete for when the cap is increased, but there are some that only cost 4 energy for as much as 30 exp. That's 33% less energy used for 25% less exp. given by Visit and Sniff.
    Not when it comes down gaining the fastest energy gain. Visit Lee's Flat and Sniff out Werewolves if played consistently from a zero'd meter you would be able to play it 48 times in a 25 hour period would yield 2000 xp.

Here's the break down of the long bake mission over 8 hours from downtown suburbs and up:

Trick the CPD, [Downtown Suburbs - lvl 15] -- energy cost: (4) -- xp gained: (35) -- replay time: (25 hours). The mission can be played 1 time(s) in 25 hours, and it's total earning would be 35 xp .
    Investigate Werewolf Situation, [Red Light District - lvl 14] -- energy cost: (4) -- xp gained: (50) -- replay time: (24 hours). The mission can be played 1 time(s) in 25 hours, and it's total earning would be 50 xp .
    Scout Ghoul Hangout, [Red Light District - lvl 11] -- energy cost: (5) -- xp gained: (45) -- replay time: (12 hours). The mission can be played 2 time(s) in 25 hours, and it's total earning would be 90 xp .
    Read Ancient Diary, [Marshwood - lvl 9] -- energy cost: (6) -- xp gained: (65) -- replay time: (12 hours). The mission can be played 2 time(s) in 25 hours, and it's total earning would be 130 xp .
    Find the Traitor CPD, [Downtown Suburbs - lvl 8] -- energy cost: (4) -- xp gained: (30) -- replay time: (9 hours). The mission can be played 2 time(s) in 25 hours, and it's total earning would be 60 xp .
    Slalk the Werewolves, [Downtown Suburbs - lvl 12] -- energy cost: (4) -- xp gained: (30) -- replay time: (9 hours). The mission can be played 2 time(s) in 25 hours, and it's total earning would be 60 xp .
    Ambush Thugs, [Gallows Alley Slum - lvl 5] -- energy cost: (4) -- xp gained: (35) -- replay time: (9 hours). The mission can be played 2 time(s) in 25 hours, and it's total earning would be 70 xp .
    Rescue Vampire, [Gallows Alley Slum - lvl 13] -- energy cost: (4) -- xp gained: (35) -- replay time: (9 hours). The mission can be played 2 time(s) in 25 hours, and it's total earning would be 70 xp .
    Breach the Lord's Mansion, [Red Light District - lvl 6] -- energy cost: (5) -- xp gained: (42) -- replay time: (8 hours). The mission can be played 3 time(s) in 25 hours, and it's total earning would be 126 xp .
    Feed on the Victims, [Marshwood - lvl 4] -- energy cost: (6) -- xp gained: (58) -- replay time: (8 hours). The mission can be played 3 time(s) in 25 hours, and it's total earning would be 174 xp .

Total of the long bakes in a 25 hours = 865 xp.

Visit Lee's Flat and Sniff out Werewolves are the fastest xp gains, of the non 3D missions in the game. If you are willing to play them once every 30 minutes for 25 hours. They will yield more than double the xp of the long bakes.
    Last edited by Blaquehaaart; 04-29-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Websterfatu View Post
    Well, it isn't incorrect, just not what you'd expected to see...which is a good point and not one that I thought of. That basically showed the "most" you'd make in an hour. I've added a couple columns for starting at 0 energy and renamed the columns to make it clear which are which. Thanks for the idea.

The spreadsheet isn't necessarily to say "these are the best" since depending on how much time you have it might be different. But, it lets you know the numbers so you can figure out your own strategy (go for more experience per point of energy, or go for more experience per hour because the mission timer is lower/non-existant, or some sort of mix?)

As for missions past the red light district, I'm updating it as I reach each new cutscene. Right now I'm waiting until this evening to open up the last few missions in the red light district and sometime tomorrow should be able to get to the Marshwood missions. I got ahead a little bit by somebody posting their own findings for each of the cutscenes, but there were a few mistakes so I've been verifying as I caught up to where he was (and have now passed that point) and given how close to the end I am I'll probably just update as I go from here. I'll add the Marshwood missions as I get there. Once I've finished them all, then I'll probably break them down for each section in the summary.
    It's not entirely accurate either...it's actually only accurate for the first hour. This would be reliable if you played once every 125 minutes (which is the time it takes to go from 0-25 energy). Although, in the case someone did want to play for 25 hour strait The max xp yield would come from Visit Lee's Flat and Sniff out Werewolves. Of course not many would play for 25 hours strait (I'm sure some have and will though). I'm just playing to hard numbers.

Long bakes will give you the best xp per point of energy spent. Which is great when you don't want to log in all the time.

The instant quests are the best for burning down energy fast.

Visit Lee's Flat and Sniff out Werewolves are the best for maximizing xp, and considering there are two it's the best you are going to get for the cost of energy, cool down time, and replenisment rate of energy. You can actually stack them and play both of them once every hour (it takes one hour to replenish 12 energy) at 80 xp an hour.
    Last edited by Blaquehaaart; 04-29-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm lvl 20 with 5k experience twoards lvl 21. No plat. Best way is to make sure all the missions in the game that take 8 hours or more are constantly going on the timer, when one finishes it, redo it. easy experience.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk