Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luck Dilemma!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Default Luck Dilemma!!

Since eggzavier and easter events are coming i have been having some serious doubts about the luck system ingame. As far as i know these are the only possible ways to attain luck in the game.
    1) 25% luck elixir(ad)
    2) 30% luck elixir(store/runner chest )
    3) pet passive (5%)
    4) pet hb (10%-30%)
    5) pet aa (15%-25%)
    6) amulet(15%-25%)
    7) ring(10%)
    8) %luck awakes in gear
    9) artifact (10%-20%)
    So it would be really appreciated if any dev could shed some light into which of these are stackable and which is not
    @Cinco

Sent from my Redmi 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Last edited by worshipped; 02-26-2021 at 09:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

you forgot artifacts lootable during meade march event that grants luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

All Luck sources stack, like XP. These aren't multipliers.

If you're being skeptical about your drops or re-rolls, then that doubt can probably be rooted to how the luck system works, which is more complex than you might think:

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 02-26-2021 at 09:09 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Does luck reroll even work on eggs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

it doesnt really matter though you can only reroll up to mythic (you will still get arcanes and heroics if thats your initial roll)

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Yeue For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I am very confused, forgive my young mind. I just want some clarification, what is the difference of luck from re-roll? and which one is better? please understand my lack of understanding the game mechanics

Sent from my SM-J710GN using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cabss View Post
    I am very confused, forgive my young mind. I just want some clarification, what is the difference of luck from re-roll? and which one is better? please understand my lack of understanding the game mechanics

Luck causes reroll. In short if u have 100% luck u will reroll every drop(if better loot is available). Reroll basically gives you an item which is of higher rarity( common - rare , rare-epic , epic-legendary , legendary - mythic etc also heroic and arcane drops are not affected by reroll)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by worshipped View Post
    Luck causes reroll. In short if u have 100% luck u will reroll every drop(if better loot is available). Reroll basically gives you an item which is of higher rarity( common - rare , rare-epic , epic-legendary , legendary - mythic etc also heroic and arcane drops are not affected by reroll)

so luck elixirs are not responsible for looting arcane eggs in eggzavier? it's literally just dumb luck?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

so luck elixirs are not responsible for looting arcane eggs in eggzavier? it's literally just dumb luck?

Yep luck doesnt help with heroic or arcane but helps with mythic eggs

11. The Following User Says Thank You to worshipped For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Thank you very much for the enlightenment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

Theoretically luck can help with those two rarities if within the same loot table. So unless you know the loot tables its all guesses and such.

Found this from a month ago doing a quick search.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...=Reroll+arcane
    Last edited by Switchback; 02-27-2021 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Added link.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Switchback For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    Theoretically luck can help with those two rarities if within the same loot table. So unless you know the loot tables its all guesses and such.

Found this from a month ago doing a quick search.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...=Reroll+arcane
    Yes this is correct.

If a re-roll occurs with your initial roll being a Legendary/Mythic/Vanity/Spirit/Set, as long as the Arcane or Heroic items are in the same lootable, then yes, luck will help.

On the side note, the ongoing event features Yinshe and Bao as loots from the boss;

If you use luck aiming for these eggs, then I'm sorry to anyone for breaking this to you;

But based from how the luck system works, luck doesn't help looting these eggs from Kil'joy.

Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 02-27-2021 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Typo

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Yes this is correct.

If a re-roll occurs with your initial roll being a Legendary/Mythic/Vanity/Spirit/Set, as long as the Arcane or Heroic items are in the same lootable, then yes, luck will help.

On the side note, the ongoing event features Yinshe and Bao as loots from the boss;

If you use luck aiming for these eggs, then I'm sorry to anyone for breaking this to you;

But based from how the luck system works, luck doesn't help looting these eggs from Kil'joy.

how can you say that an item is in the loot table or not? (pertaining to yinshe and bao)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Tired of reading so many religious people here about how bad and useless luck is.

Can u guys actually experiment and research them more before you even speak your "truths"?

Allow some clarification here:

1. If Heroic and arcane loot is your 1st drop, having 100% luck does nothing to this 1st drop. That means luck will always protect your best drop so it will never harm your loot/degrade your loot into something worse as your final drop, in any circumstances.

That said, if your 1st drop is lower than Heroic and arcane, and given that the lootable of the particular event contains common rarity all the way up to arcane rarity, having 100% luck/reroll items will reroll your 1st drop, possibly to something better (although unlikely) which includes arcane and Heroic.
    An anecdotal proof:
    In last year eggsavier have personally looted 3 arcane eggs on reroll while also directly looting 4 arcanes and 1 Heroic without any reroll, totally up to 7 arcanes and 1 Heroic.

Reroll is unlikely to give you a better loot because the drop rate remains the same, so even though you get a second chance to roll the lootable, the probablity of common- epic items still remain the highest, so it is more likely for your second drop to be worst than your 1st drop. However the good thing about luck/reroll items is that you can think of reroll as looting a second item/running the map second time, given enough number of times, having luck items equipped, you will eventually meet the required minimum runs that's guaranteed for you to loot an arcane/heroic faster than people who don't use luck at all. (For example, let's say arcane/heroic drop rate is 0.001% = 1/1000 runs, equipping a 100% luck can cut the minimum number of runs to loot an arcane/heroic from 1000 runs to 500 runs, making the probability to be 0.02% or 1/500 runs instead.)

2. However how useful luck is will depend on the lootable of the particular event.

There are TWO main scenarios here.

Scenario One - If the lootable of the event contains all rarity from common to arcane, then luck is extremely useful because as dev mentioned above, so long as your 1st drop falls between legendary to vanity, it can be rerolled into Heroic/Arcane in this case.

Scenario Two - Unfortunately, know who's playing the cards here! If dev decide to separate the loot into say 3 different lootable:
    Lootable 1: Common to mythic
    Lootable 2. Vanity
    Lootable 3. Heroic/Arcane
    Then having luck becomes less helpful/irrelevant in this case because your luck only reroll your item within the particular lootable it can't reroll into a better lootable. For example if you encounter lootable 1, luck can't reroll it into arcane when the lootable itself doesn't contain arcane. But if you encounter lootable 3, luck won't reroll and you either get Heroic or arcane. In other words, luck is not at a significant play in scenario 2 but rather the type of lootable you encounter in event map.

EDITED POST for accuracy: credit to ilovepoopoo for catching some mistakes
    Last edited by Analytical; 02-27-2021 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Corrections

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Analytical For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

how can you say that an item is in the loot table or not? (pertaining to yinshe and bao)

Only the developers will know. Enemies may contain several lootables.

One scenario is Hugthulu/Prime, a developer had clarified back then that Tainted/Endless pieces are from a seperate lootable, therefore nullifies the point of re-rolling if your initial roll was from a different lootable. Another case are potential Vial of Ectoplasm drops.

In regards to Yinshe and Bao, Kil'joy only contains rare or epic stuff (fireworks and envelopes).

So in this scenario, based from the luck system, if a re-roll occurs with your initial roll being either the rare or epic stuff, then at best your rare is upgraded to an epic.

And If re-roll occurs with an initial loot of Epic, then it will retain since there is no legendary in the lootable to upgrade from.

Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 02-28-2021 at 12:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    Tired of reading so many religious people here about how bad and useless luck is.

Can u guys actually experiment and research them more before you even speak your "truths"?

Allow some clarification here.

If Heroic and arcane loot is your 1st drop, having 100% luck does nothing to this 1st drop. That means luck will always protect your best drop. However, if your 1st drop is lower than Heroic and arcane, and given that the lootable of the particular event contains common rarity all the way up to arcane rarity, having 100% luck/reroll items will reroll your 1st drop to something better, which includes arcane and Heroic.

An anecdotal proof:
    In last year eggsavier have personally looted 3 arcane eggs on reroll while also directly looting 4 arcanes and 1 Heroic without any reroll, totally up to 7 arcanes and 1 Heroic.

However how useful luck is will depend on the lootable of the particular event.

There are 2 main scenarios here.

One - If the lootable of the event contains all rarity from common to arcane, then luck is extremely useful because anything can be rerolled into Heroic/Arcane in this case.
    Two - If the dev decide to separate the loot into say 3 different lootable:
    Lootable 1: Common to mythic
    Lootable 2. Vanity
    Lootable 3. Heroic/Arcane
    Then having luck becomes less helpful in this case because your luck only reroll your item within the particular lootable it can't reroll into a better lootable. For example if you encounter lootable 1, luck can't reroll it into arcane when the lootable itself doesn't contain arcane. But if you encounter lootable 3, luck won't reroll and you either get Heroic or arcane.
    This is the most accurate description of luck mechanism ingame

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

However, if your 1st drop is lower than Heroic and arcane, and given that the lootable of the particular event contains common rarity all the way up to arcane rarity, having 100% luck/reroll items will reroll your 1st drop to something better, which includes arcane and Heroic.
    Having 100% luck doesn't necessarily guarantee a "better" drop, because luck is the probability of a re-roll to occur, not a guage of looting something better. Also because the way re-roll rules work does not make your statement in anyway factual
    One - If the lootable of the event contains all rarity from common to arcane, then luck is extremely useful because anything can be rerolled into Heroic/Arcane in this case.
    You may only re-roll upto Arcanes and Heroics only if your Initial loot is from Legendary to Set (assuming they are together in a lootable).

If you'll bring up someones intelligence about a matter, just make sure everything you say afterwards is in line with the actual truth, otherwise, it only makes you a hypocrite and nullifies your credibility. Take care.

Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 02-27-2021 at 03:30 AM. Reason: sentencing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

You may only re-roll upto Arcanes (as well as Heroics) only if your Initial loot is from Legendary to Set (assuming they are together in a lootable).

And even then, having 100% luck doesn't necessarily guarantee a "better" drop, because luck is the probability of a re-roll to occur, not a guage of looting something better.

If you'll bring up someones intelligence about a matter, just make sure everything you say afterwards is in line with the actual truth, otherwise, it only makes you a hypocrite. Take care.

1. You are free to correct me although I have not heard or seen from any dev statement that reroll only happen by going 1 rarity up but more with a second chance to roll again within the same lootable. That means it can reroll into anything so long as the lootable has it, but it will reroll according to the drop rate. Higher drop rate for common rarity - legendary rarity means the second roll is usually although not always likely worst than the 1st roll because of its high probability of getting it. So even of reroll happens, it doesn't necessarily mean we get better loot than our 1st drop but it does protect our best loot.

2. Yes I didn't say reroll happens 100%, I was saying ONLY IF you have 100% luck equipped then it will 100% reroll when it is available to reroll (I.e. there are other loot in the lootable we are speaking of to be rerolled from).

My mistake in choice of words, it is not "it will reroll your 1st drop into something better", but it has a chance for better loot if it ever rerolls as I mentioned in point one in this reply.

3. I didn't know misuse of words upgrade me to a hypocrite unless that's something personal you have towards me.

To sum up and For simplicity sake:

We can safely Imagine the lootable as a roundtable being cut proportionately according to drop rate, let's use scenario 1 where the lootable contains all rarity:
    1. Arcane/Heroic 0.01%
    2. Vanities/Furniture 3%
    3. Mythic 30%
    4. Legendary 50%
    5. Epic 70%
    6. Rare 80%
    7. Common 90%
    So if reroll happens, it will roll according to the hypothetical drop rate above. While reroll always protect your best drop, it doesn't guarantee a better drop. You can see clearly that even if you reroll a second time, you are equally likely to get a common drop. All it does is it gives you one more chance to roll the table again.

So think of it this way, let's assume you reroll 100% that means for every run and every drop you get, you reroll, that could be treated the same way as though you did a second run with a second drop. Meaning for people without reroll, they only run the map/loot once, but you loot more than one time in a run/run the map twice.

Now what does this mean? How's it good then?

The drop rate of say 0.01% for arcane/Heroic drop means in 1000 runs you are guaranteed to loot an arcane/heroic. So if reroll counts as one of the 1000 runs, it will speed up your way to getting an arcane/Heroic.

Feel free to correct me and my occasional misuse of words but the above sums up my best attempt at clarifying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

1. You are free to correct me although I have not heard or seen from any dev statement that reroll only happen by going 1 rarity up but more with a second chance to roll again within the same lootable. That means it can reroll into anything so long as the lootable has it, but it will reroll according to the drop rate. Higher drop rate for common rarity - legendary rarity means the second roll is usually although not always likely worst than the 1st roll because of its high probability of getting it. So even of reroll happens, it doesn't necessarily mean we get better loot than our 1st drop but it does protect our best loot.

2. Yes I didn't say reroll happens 100%, I was saying ONLY IF you have 100% luck equipped then it will 100% reroll when it is available to reroll (I.e. there are other loot in the lootable we are speaking of to be rerolled from).

My mistake in choice of words, it is not "it will reroll your 1st drop into something better", but it has a chance for better loot if it ever rerolls as I mentioned in point one in this reply.

3. I didn't know misuse of words upgrade me to a hypocrite unless that's something personal you have towards me.

To sum up and For simplicity sake:

We can safely Imagine the lootable as a roundtable being cut proportionately according to drop rate, let's use scenario 1 where the lootable contains all rarity:
    1. Arcane/Heroic 0.01%
    2. Vanities/Furniture 3%
    3. Mythic 30%
    4. Legendary 50%
    5. Epic 70%
    6. Rare 80%
    7. Common 90%
    So if reroll happens, it will roll according to the hypothetical drop rate above. While reroll always protect your best drop, it doesn't guarantee a better drop. You can see clearly that even if you reroll a second time, you are equally likely to get a common drop. All it does is it gives you one more chance to roll the table again.

So think of it this way, let's assume you reroll 100% that means for every run and every drop you get, you reroll, that could be treated the same way as though you did a second run with a second drop. Meaning for people without reroll, they only run the map/loot once, but you loot more than one time in a run/run the map twice.

Now what does this mean? How's it good then?

The drop rate of say 0.01% for arcane/Heroic drop means in 1000 runs you are guaranteed to loot an arcane/heroic. So if reroll counts as one of the 1000 runs, it will speed up your way to getting an arcane/Heroic.

Feel free to correct me and my occasional misuse of words but the above sums up my best attempt at clarifying.
    Hypocrite in the context of you not knowing that developers had clarified this, meanwhile you were criticizing someones intelligence to do more "research", nothing personal though.

Here you go:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Hypocrite in the context of you not knowing that developers had clarified this, meanwhile you were criticizing someones intelligence to do more "research", nothing personal though.

Here you go:

Can you be more specific where it was wrong?

As far as I can see, the sentence by dev is "roll again on all items in the lootable"?