Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luck Dilemma!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Hypocrite in the context of you not knowing that developers had clarified this, meanwhile you were criticizing someones intelligence to do more "research", nothing personal though.

Here you go:

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    This dev post is referring to the scenario 2 I mentioned above or at least similar in terms of mechanism where the loot is broken down into 3 different lootables.

As dev has mentioned, different events will have different lootables. The picture above is just one example of a separated lootable.

To clarify, in the 1st scenario when I mentioned it can reroll anything into arcane/Heroic, I was clearly referring to when all loot is in the same one and only lootable which isn't at all relevant to the picture above.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    To clarify, scenario when I mentioned it can reroll anything into arcane/Heroic, I was clearly referring to when all loot is in the same one and only lootable which isn't at all relevant to the picture above.

Your exact words were:
    One - If the lootable of the event contains all rarity from common to arcane, then luck is extremely useful because anything can be rerolled into Heroic/Arcane in this case.
    You mentioned a lootable containing all rarities, also in the same sentence contains anything can be re-rolled into a Heroic/Arcane.

Which is exactly why it is wrong. Because only an initial roll from Legendary - Set can only re-roll upto Arcane/Heroic, not all like you've said.

It was very explicit as well, I doubt you misused words again this time around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Your exact words were:
    You mentioned a lootable containing all rarities, also in the same sentence contains anything can be re-rolled into a Heroic/Arcane.

Which is exactly why it is wrong. Because only an initial roll from Legendary - Set can only re-roll upto Arcane/Heroic, not all like you've said.

It was very explicit as well, I doubt you misused words again this time around.

Nice catch, and thanks for clarifying (:

Hope this luck thing is now clear to whoever is reading 😊

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Tired of reading so many religious people here about how bad and useless luck is.

Can u guys actually experiment and research them more before you even speak your "truths"?

Allow some clarification here:

1. If Heroic and arcane loot is your 1st drop, having 100% luck does nothing to this 1st drop. That means luck will always protect your best drop so it will never harm your loot/degrade your loot into something worse as your final drop, in any circumstances.

That said, if your 1st drop is lower than Heroic and arcane, and given that the lootable of the particular event contains common rarity all the way up to arcane rarity, having 100% luck/reroll items will reroll your 1st drop, possibly to something better (although unlikely) which includes arcane and Heroic.
    An anecdotal proof:
    In last year eggsavier have personally looted 3 arcane eggs on reroll while also directly looting 4 arcanes and 1 Heroic without any reroll, totally up to 7 arcanes and 1 Heroic.

Reroll is unlikely to give you a better loot because the drop rate remains the same, so even though you get a second chance to roll the lootable, the probablity of common- epic items still remain the highest, so it is more likely for your second drop to be worst than your 1st drop. However the good thing about luck/reroll items is that you can think of reroll as looting a second item/running the map second time, given enough number of times, having luck items equipped, you will eventually meet the required minimum runs that's guaranteed for you to loot an arcane/heroic faster than people who don't use luck at all. (For example, let's say arcane/heroic drop rate is 0.001% = 1/1000 runs, equipping a 100% luck can cut the minimum number of runs to loot an arcane/heroic from 1000 runs to 500 runs, making the probability to be 0.02% or 1/500 runs instead.)

2. However how useful luck is will depend on the lootable of the particular event.

There are TWO main scenarios here.

Scenario One - If the lootable of the event contains all rarity from common to arcane, then luck is extremely useful because as dev mentioned above, so long as your 1st drop falls between legendary to vanity, it can be rerolled into Heroic/Arcane in this case.

Scenario Two - Unfortunately, know who's playing the cards here! If dev decide to separate the loot into say 3 different lootable:
    Lootable 1: Common to mythic
    Lootable 2. Vanity
    Lootable 3. Heroic/Arcane
    Then having luck becomes less helpful/irrelevant in this case because your luck only reroll your item within the particular lootable it can't reroll into a better lootable. For example if you encounter lootable 1, luck can't reroll it into arcane when the lootable itself doesn't contain arcane. But if you encounter lootable 3, luck won't reroll and you either get Heroic or arcane. In other words, luck is not at a significant play in scenario 2 but rather the type of lootable you encounter in event map.

EDITED POST for accuracy: credit to ilovepoopoo for catching some mistakes
    Edited post here to correct the mistakes (: this is only true as of now, dev may decide to switch up their cards anytime.

If you spot any mistakes feel free to point it out.

Hope this helps even in the tiniest way to stop religious arlorians who "believe" luck is bad without really researching it and worse spreading their beliefs all over arlor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

After everyone repeating the same story, bla bla bla id like to ask the same thing OP asked.
    Which stack? As i dont believe they all stack similiar to how alot of Damage boosts dont stack with eachother
    (Obviously to maintain game balance)
    Dont understand why the whole thread turned into an circlejerking echochamber

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    After everyone repeating the same story, bla bla bla id like to ask the same thing OP asked.
    Which stack? As i dont believe they all stack similiar to how alot of Damage boosts dont stack with eachother
    Or they could give us a more comprehensive stats page... Like alot of people have been asking for. So we don't have these types of debates without word from devs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Lmao after 3years break from game, people still dont know how luck works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    Yes, if any dev could give a reasonable explanation to which stack and which do not, that would be really great. I think the pet hb does not count when used with 2 luck elixirs(30&25) or the lower gets replaced when feng is used(30%), but i maybe wrong!!

Sent from my Redmi 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Last edited by worshipped; 03-01-2021 at 08:26 PM.