Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Advertisement.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Default Advertisement.

Hi,

I think Arcane Legends is one the best MMO in mobile market, but I don't see devs spending any efforts at all to promote and bring in new players.

Why is that? It's been over 7 years since I started playing but haven't seen a single YouTube ad when I frequently search about AL on youtube and Google.

We need more players for a healthy economy and game. I am seeing so many poorly designed games spending so much effort on advertisement, but developers of a game this good do nothing?

Sincerely,
    Chaleze

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    Hi,

I think Arcane Legends is one the best MMO in mobile market, but I don't see devs spending any efforts at all to promote and bring in new players.

Why is that? It's been over 7 years since I started playing but haven't seen a single YouTube ad when I frequently search about AL on youtube and Google.

We need more players for a healthy economy and game. I am seeing so many poorly designed games spending so much effort on advertisement, but developers of a game this good do nothing?

Sincerely,
    Chaleze

I think if a company puts ads on youtube isn't about their effort but their budget. It is more like an investment. You have to pay money so they show your ads on their platform. I'm sure they considered providing ads in the past and had a reason why not to. Maybe it costs too much, maybe the result will be small. I think you can only judge those things correctly if you run the company.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    I think if a company puts ads on youtube isn't about their effort but their budget. It is more like an investment. You have to pay money so they show your ads on their platform. I'm sure they considered providing ads in the past and had a reason why not to. Maybe it costs too much, maybe the result will be small. I think you can only judge those things correctly if you run the company.
    I guess so, but there are companies with much lower budget, and so much worse game. If you watch the ads for free lix, you would know how horribly designed those games are.

If games like those can advertise, I don't see any reason why a game as good as AL cant do it.

I am not one to judge or say this, there's chance that STS is keeping the extra profit instead of investing it in ads which isn't very healthy for the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    I guess so, but there are companies with much lower budget, and so much worse game. If you watch the ads for free lix, you would know how horribly designed those games are.

If games like those can advertise, I don't see any reason why a game as good as AL cant do it.

I am not one to judge or say this, there's chance that STS is keeping the extra profit instead of investing it in ads which isn't very healthy for the game.

Sure, thats possible but doesnt make much sense imo. Sts can reinvest and make more profit theself if ads increase the playerbase. But thats not given, maybe those ads are just a waste and not profitable for the game. Im sure they follow the same goal as the community. To keep and make the game active for maximum success.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    Sure, thats possible but doesnt make much sense imo. Sts can reinvest and make more profit theself if ads increase the playerbase. But thats not given, maybe those ads are just a waste and not profitable for the game. Im sure they follow the same goal as the community. To keep and make the game active for maximum success.
    Maybe, but we won't know unless they try. Haven't seen a single ad campaign yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

+1..................

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

We spent a fortune on ads back in the day - and stopped because it's never proven to be worth the effort or the expense. There are tons of reasons for this that I won't go into here but the basics are: hardcore players respond to ads differently than casual players, and hardcore game makers operate in financial strata that often involve budgets of tens of millions of dollars per day (effectively silencing smaller developers).

With all that being said, the world of advertising changes every year and we continue to re-evaluate our options in all areas of the modern advertising space. It is quite possible that if mobile advertising dynamics continue to change for the better, you'll see brand new commercials, in-feed demos, or other campaigns that will effectively bring attention to Arcane Legends.

Thanks for supporting us!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    We spent a fortune on ads back in the day - and stopped because it's never proven to be worth the effort or the expense. There are tons of reasons for this that I won't go into here but the basics are: hardcore players respond to ads differently than casual players, and hardcore game makers operate in financial strata that often involve budgets of tens of millions of dollars per day (effectively silencing smaller developers).

With all that being said, the world of advertising changes every year and we continue to re-evaluate our options in all areas of the modern advertising space. It is quite possible that if mobile advertising dynamics continue to change for the better, you'll see brand new commercials, in-feed demos, or other campaigns that will effectively bring attention to Arcane Legends.

Thanks for supporting us!
    I wish STS all the best and always be success. I love Arcane Legends and hope this game can be trending someday so people will know and play it. LONG LIVE FOR ARCANE LEGENDS AND WE LOVE YOU STS ^-^