Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Sad news : A warning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Default Sad News : A Warning

As an active member of the DL community, it's my duty to bring forward a sad news to all of you.
    There used to be a Large Guild of almost close to 5000 members known as "Eternal Sanctum" created by ign : Frostxshade in this game but due to the choice of a wrongly trusted Officer, almost 3200 people have been kicked out (removed) from the guild and it's a major loss to that guild with now around 1800 members presently.

I personally feel, it has become a really serious issue because anybody can gain trust of the guild members with time (may it be months or year) and they get responsibility of Officer on doing it well but, it's really heart-breaking when we lose such a big number due to a wrong decision.

That's why I had to create a thread regarding the solution of this. It has simply got one solution and that's ---- " An Officer or a Higher role of Sub-Master needs to be created which must be able to kick Another Officer , it must not solely depend on the Master of the guild or else it can be disastrous as you can see in the example above. "

When people were getting kicked by the Officers, the other Officers can only watch it because The Master of Guild is offline due to some reason. If Officers are the second controllers of a Guild, they must have the power to stop something wrong by other Officer but they can't unless the Master comes to witness it.

I am attaching a few proofs (screeshots) that have been sent to me via social media and the culprit of the act is ign : Redcrystals who has been reported by several people till now to be banned along with the items transferred account.
    Name:  Screenshot_2021-03-01-20-36-20-86.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  287.2 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_2021-03-01-20-40-52-15.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  399.3 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_2021-03-01-20-59-26-33.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  358.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_20210302_005017.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  99.3 KB

It's not only a problem for this guild but also there have been instances before where many upcoming big guilds have been killed by These Guild Killers and also a threat to the future guilds to be formed ahead.

I hope the Developers take a view over the situation and act accordingly. Spread love in the community guys and do keep your views upon this. ��❤️

Also, along with the screenshots, I am attaching a youtube video link which has been posted on the guild "Eternal Sanctum" named YouTube channel today in these sad circumstances. If there's any difficulty in viewing full video, tilt the device.

Lots of love, take care and please maintain peace ☮️
    Last edited by Mr.Sai; 03-02-2021 at 06:43 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Sai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Bad idea. The officer would start kicking all officers as first then... that means more people can get kicked. And what if 2 officers dont like each other?... the thing is that one morning there will just be the guild master in guild because everyone else can get kicket by officers.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninjahere View Post
    Bad idea. The officer would start kicking all officers as first then... that means more people can get kicked. And what if 2 officers dont like each other?... the thing is that one morning there will just be the guild master in guild because everyone else can get kicket by officers.

You are absolutely correct upto a certain extent so I am modifying the idea of a new role which will be called as Sub-Master.
    He/she can kick Officers and Recruiters.
    They will be like around one maximum in every guild and act as moderators over and above the Officer's role but below the Master's role.

A wrong decision can always hamper but atleast some control is needed. Actually what we are talking about is control over each other in a hierarchical manner.

Now another question might be raised as to What If the Sub-Master kicks whole of the Guild, then that's again something undefined because why will we make someone Sub-Master without having blind trust upon them.
    For example - It might be someone whom you know and meet in real like a friend or someone close who can control it in Master's absence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

How about the idea pf a ex-leader? That means if the original leader is offline. The ex-leader can act as the leader. There should be option that officer have to vote for kicking someone, and only if 5 people agree then... or he can kick only 3 people in a h

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Lightbulb

How about the idea pf a ex-leader? That means if the original leader is offline. The ex-leader can act as the leader. There should be option that officer have to vote for kicking someone, and only if 5 people agree then... or he can kick only 3 people in a h

Yes, the first point of Ex-Leader is similar to my point about Sub-Master.
    Regarding your second point, I think votekick is not useful because of the difference in online hours of people from different parts of the world. It's better, The Ex-Leader, being online almost whole of the day can handle, promote or demote Officers and take decisions in Master's absence, and Officers handle the addition and removal of Recruiters, Recruiters handle the task of recruiting members. And, Master has already control over all of the members at the end.
    Last edited by Mr.Sai; 03-02-2021 at 06:48 AM.
    ❤️ MR. SAI ❤️

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Officer should be to able to kick 1-3 people in a h too... becaise otherwise they are the same like recruiters...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Officer should be to able to kick 1-3 people in a h too... becaise otherwise they are the same like recruiters...

Yes correct point 💯. Officers should be able to kick 1-3 people in a span of 1 Hour definitely.
    Recruiters only add members to a guild.

Junior Member Netherworld_Dragonfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

as much as it sucks idk what else you can do other than have extremely careful vetting for who you make officer. because no matter how many layers of extra roles you make you will never 100% eliminate these incidents because there will always be that one person you think you can trust but will turn around and cause a mess in your guild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Netherworld_Dragonfly View Post
    as much as it sucks idk what else you can do other than have extremely careful vetting for who you make officer. because no matter how many layers of extra roles you make you will never 100% eliminate these incidents because there will always be that one person you think you can trust but will turn around and cause a mess in your guild.
    Yes, what you are saying is correct and I agree because we can see it in the example of Eternal Sanctum. But, for that reason only I have suggested a role as close as Master who keeps the eyes on Officers when Master stays off. And that too, that role must be most trustworthy, definitely you will give that one role to someone whom you know very closely or a relative or friend who plays it or else none will deserve to get that role if there's none worthy enough for the role or if Master himself/herself stays online most of the times.

Sir Cinco, what's your opinion about it ?
    ❤️ MR. SAI ❤️

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,159 Posts

Ah! Sorry - just saw this post.

First comment: it's against the rules to call players out on the forums. Contact our Customer Service department if you have an issue with another player. Our CS team can investigate and take appropriate action. Going to the forums, in most cases, just triggers drama and name-calling with endless unsupported allegations, old beefs, and so forth. It's a mess.

Secondly: the Guild disband function does what it is supposed to do. The political nature of certain Guilds can make the disband process more painful than it should be - but we wouldn't want to add more hoops for Masters to go through if they needed this function for legitimate purposes. We cannot discern whether or not the disbanding event in question was done in good faith here on the forms; only the Customer Service team can discover this. So I would encourage you to submit a ticket with all relevant details.

Over the years we have discussed various features that would provide continuance for Guilds where the Master has been permanently banned, etc. but have yet to discover any method that doesn't add unnecessary complexity - and when most Guilds don't require such safeguards, Guild continuance does not seem to be an urgent battery of features.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com