Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want Arcane Legends to be popular?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

As previously said, people leave when they get to around level 50-60.
    One of the main reasons is because of how slow and repetitive it is to level. Doing the dailies, not being able to participate in most of the events doesn't help either.
    Let's face it, how many of us could really survive these days without a speed set? Something some players can't afford well into level 70s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

AL needs to go back to the old days where quests gave no exp, you just ran maps 100+ times to level once and it took weeks.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

thats actually a great idea

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

Everything has been suggested in other threads. I have explained to new members about using videos for xp lix, given them Morgana or Abaddon to use when turning in quest plus given xp lixes too, given vanities and gear. I've run the difficult maps with them and tbh I'm usually disappointed to see that it was all in vain. They just stop logging in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    Everything has been suggested in other threads. I have explained to new members about using videos for xp lix, given them Morgana or Abaddon to use when turning in quest plus given xp lixes too, given vanities and gear. I've run the difficult maps with them and tbh I'm usually disappointed to see that it was all in vain. They just stop logging in.
    I agree with Susanne here did same and i see many friends leave on quick notice my irl friends stuck on lvl 61 63 etc stopped playing with all this help we give them ... Let's face it back in days that kt4 grind for 41 etc that was pain so big and we tried we died we did all that together but nowadays ppl just quit mean on newcomers... I get they want to be endgame but they cant even who tries ask help they get or trashtalked or just benched

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tricksterity View Post
    I agree with Susanne here did same and i see many friends leave on quick notice my irl friends stuck on lvl 61 63 etc stopped playing with all this help we give them ... Let's face it back in days that kt4 grind for 41 etc that was pain so big and we tried we died we did all that together but nowadays ppl just quit mean on newcomers... I get they want to be endgame but they cant even who tries ask help they get or trashtalked or just benched
    Hi. We all did it together in the "old" days. New players don't have that and I don't know why, other than the fast levelling these days at the beginning may have something to do with it.
    We remember the excitement of when Nordr and Shuyal first came about. The difficulties we faced together with each new expansion.
    I've said this before, the gears are there at the start for new players, better than the gear we had but I don't see any new players getting together and trying something difficult.
    Maybe there's not enough motivation? We had planar pendant and nekro to craft as well as other stuff to do together.
    If anyone can suggest anything to keep new players staying the course please do.
    Last edited by Susanne; 03-11-2021 at 09:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Hi. We did all did together in the "old" days. New players don't have that and I don't know why, other than the fast levelling these days at the beginning may have something to do with it.
    We remember the excitement of when Nordr and Shuyal first came about. The difficulties we faced together with each new expansion.
    I've said this before, the gears are there at the start for new players, better than the gear we had but I don't see any new players getting together and trying something difficult.
    Maybe there's not enough motivation? We had planar pendant and nekro to craft as well as other stuff to do together.
    If anyone can suggest anything to keep new players staying the course please do.
    We also had different ways to make gold. Not millions like today, but that was the fun part. I loved to farm lockeds on Kraken Mines. We used to have different maps which gave good drops, such as the elite maps that could drop legendary eggs. Today, the only way to make gold is by having a gold loot set or merching, which are kind of hard for new players as they have no gold loot set or money to start merching.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Jaffo View Post
    We also had different ways to make gold. Not millions like today, but that was the fun part. I loved to farm lockeds on Kraken Mines. We used to have different maps which gave good drops, such as the elite maps that could drop legendary eggs. Today, the only way to make gold is by having a gold loot set or merching, which are kind of hard for new players as they have no gold loot set or money to start merching.
    Yes, I remember it well and I bet you felt the elation of looting a locked or an egg back then. Locks are ten a penny now and not worth getting excited about.
    Next best thing for new players are elite gold pirate chests from Kraken or warchests from Nordr but the thrill isn't the same.
    There must be something that can be done, something that high levels cannot exploit.
    We need to move on but how?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Yes, I remember it well and I bet you felt the elation of looting a locked or an egg back then. Locks are ten a penny now and not worth getting excited about.
    Next best thing for new players are elite gold pirate chests from Kraken or warchests from Nordr but the thrill isn't the same.
    There must be something that can be done, something that high levels cannot exploit.
    We need to move on but how?
    Elite chests aren't the same as lockeds were easier to drop. I've been thinking for days on a way to improve AL and I got some ideas, but they need to be polished, such as introducing the reference codes for new players, and other ways in which we can promote the game.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I think AL needs updating and fixing in shortages. after that just promote

Sent from my Axioo AX5 using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

This Lack of Player on Low Level Maps Can Easily have a Sulotion which is a Weekly Aps LB,
    Imagine People Do Aps Once Every Week the LB rewards
    Will be a Badge which last for 2weeks and a Permanent Title Handy With Sky Blue Color.

Sent from my CPH1909 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bahbayaga View Post
    This Lack of Player on Low Level Maps Can Easily have a Sulotion which is a Weekly Aps LB,
    Imagine People Do Aps Once Every Week the LB rewards
    Will be a Badge which last for 2weeks and a Permanent Title Handy With Sky Blue Color.

Sent from my CPH1909 using Tapatalk
    Only old players will compete for a it, just like seasonal.

We need newer players to come into the game.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I think it’s worth a try! Like what if let’s say you find a YouTuber that you want to comment, you can let all of us know to go and reply to your comment and like your comment so that it can get more attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

You can try, but let me know how it goes? Idk if any big YouTube channel will be interested playing AL. This game died years ago. (IMO) this game died after lvl 46 cap. When PvP was fun. And we didn’t have some event every week like how it is now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I think that the game will be popular if they will balance the benefits of F2P, C2P and P2W players also,
    1. Graphics will be upgraded to 3D but still have 2D 2.5D option for players with low graphics devices.
    2. Balance the Luck farming areas and Gold farming areas so low level players will have other places to farm.
    3. Increase the xp gain for daily quests for low level players or make the mobs in lower maps easy to kill so that players will still grind maps for leveling.
    Rogue 76

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leohate123 View Post
    I think that the game will be popular if they will balance the benefits of F2P, C2P and P2W players also,
    1. Graphics will be upgraded to 3D but still have 2D 2.5D option for players with low graphics devices.
    2. Balance the Luck farming areas and Gold farming areas so low level players will have other places to farm.
    3. Increase the xp gain for daily quests for low level players or make the mobs in lower maps easy to kill so that players will still grind maps for leveling.
    Sorry but nope. They won’t. Now it’s a cash grab for the devs now cos they know this game is dying. I still log on from time to time to see if anything new happen to the game. But nope. They still trying to milk us every week with some event. The only thing they’re trying to balance is their bank statements. Please believe that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

I wish STS did like Google ADs etc, even if its not for a huge number of clicks, we would have a ton of new peeps coming in ,

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/marsu4u

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marsu4u View Post
    I wish STS did like Google ADs etc, even if its not for a huge number of clicks, we would have a ton of new peeps coming in ,

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Agree on that.

Enviado desde mi motorola one vision mediante Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

I know this is an older post but...
    The best way I see to making the game more popular is to Make the new players that come to the game feel welcome. To many times ive seen older players avoid a new player or like they are called "Nabs" like they have a plague or something. Now I know that some of them beg so thats a given ignore or a warning would probably be better. If they listen and learn their lesson then fine.

Anyways... I try to help new players out by running maps with them, maybe give them a gift if they dont beg for one, answer questions they have, etc... They will be more apt to stay that way. The game 7 or 8 years ago was a lot easier to grasp but now days it is overwhelming to get the hang of for someone new.

These new players most likely know another gamer or several and will obviously tell them to try it out if they feel at home here. Word of mouth has always been the best advertisement. Ask anyone in business and I think they would agree.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to chiiwawa For This Useful Post: