Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Hide option for auras/effects

  1. #1
    Senior Member Kumsaati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Arcane Legends
    Posts
    638
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    24
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    56
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

    Default Hide option for auras/effects

    If there was a option such as hide auras/effects(especially for pets).
    Would not it be better?

    I think they are kinda eye straining for some also makes lag?
    Last edited by Kumsaati; 03-05-2021 at 04:40 PM.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kumsaati For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    261
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    26
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    27
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

    Default

    No because then no one would buy auras anymore

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    193
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    43
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    49
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by looiaqop View Post
    No because then no one would buy auras anymore
    Why? Only the people who feel a screen full of auras make them lag would use this feature?

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    784
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    49
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    208
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

    Default

    This setting is a need at this point. And to those who oppose, I really don't see the thought process...

    The thing is, supposedly, these shiny things should not affect game-play. But with how much there is to stack, it becomes a nuisance to everyone.

    I repeat, not everyone has the best devices, nor do they have X-ray vision to see through the cluttered mess.

    To adress the idea that players wouldn't buy vanities because of it, is not true.

    When titles or badges were implemented, the developers shortly gave us the option to toggle off these for the sake of convenience and performance, or for whatever reason. But, that did not stop anyone from running the leaderboards or events.

    Furthermore, If Sts are really at risk of financial losses because of it, then they wouldn't have had added these already existing options above. This is a non-issue.



    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 03-05-2021 at 03:38 PM.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    254
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    16
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    19
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

    Default

    It doesnít bother me at all and I donít get lag at all.
    I personally donít need this quote and quote enhancement.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #6
    Star Guard octavos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Playing AL more then SL atm.
    Posts
    3,840
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    870
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,018
    Thanked in
    517 Posts

    Default

    turning it off on all....... except people on your favorites list
    I definitely would like the option to hide them from other people...as I play it can be troublesome to find my drops in levels with everyone having all the effects showing.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

  9. #7
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perpendicular to everything
    Posts
    739
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,717
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    552
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

    Default

    I merely want the option to turn off others auras on my screen only, the same as I can for titles badges & names (it’s no different!)

    Not everyone will do this so the argument that it would hurt sales is not true. The person w the aura has no idea if I have it turned off.
    We can turn off badges, and no one stopped running for them because of that, gimme a break

    if you don’t want this feature, that is no reason I shouldn’t want it, and it’s no reason it should not exist

    I do have extra lag and one device that can’t play this game anymore
    \m/,_______( >. < Ď )_________,\m/
    Al igns - Suentous, Oxo, Fnord, Baronsue. Pl ign - Suentouspo, whatthefox

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stephencobear For This Useful Post:


  11. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    261
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    26
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    27
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

    Default

    The aura to badge comparison is just so stupid. Thats all im gonna say about that

  12. #9
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perpendicular to everything
    Posts
    739
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,717
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    552
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by looiaqop View Post
    The aura to badge comparison is just so stupid. Thats all im gonna say about that
    Prove your point
    \m/,_______( >. < Ď )_________,\m/
    Al igns - Suentous, Oxo, Fnord, Baronsue. Pl ign - Suentouspo, whatthefox

  13. #10
    Senior Member Saint Jaffo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    R'lyeh
    Posts
    731
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    127
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    112
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

    Default

    +1
    We really need this. I have an acceptable phone and when I go to Paradise Pier and it's full of players with auras, my game runs slower. I use auras because I like them, not to show them to other people. I like watching my character with his own circle around it. I honestly don't care what auras are other players using, so an option to hide other player's auras would be a great addition.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Saint Jaffo For This Useful Post:


  15. #11
    Senior Member Encryptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Many places.
    Posts
    3,272
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    84
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,127
    Thanked in
    586 Posts

    Default

    Cost only like 200$ for a good phone. But maybe option to disable them in pve maps? And some in towns that actually cause lag.
    Badges can be disabled but not auras..
    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:


  17. #12
    Senior Member Stephencobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perpendicular to everything
    Posts
    739
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,717
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    552
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Cost only like 200$ for a good phone.
    Well, I wouldn’t judge what someone should be able to afford for a free game. The same device that can’t play al can play pl.

    Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    But maybe option to disable them in pve maps? And some in towns that actually cause lag.
    Badges can be disabled but not auras
    Yup
    \m/,_______( >. < Ď )_________,\m/
    Al igns - Suentous, Oxo, Fnord, Baronsue. Pl ign - Suentouspo, whatthefox

  18. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    784
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    49
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    208
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by looiaqop View Post
    The aura to badge comparison is just so stupid. Thats all im gonna say about that
    If you'll call something stupid, just make sure you can back up why that is. In the contrary, that doesn't seem like the case .

    Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:


  20. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    87
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

    Default

    Yes this is big problem at deep marsh, where u cant even see the gobby mother boss because everyone auras and pets hide it.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to gobbels For This Useful Post:


  22. #15
    Senior Member Oakmaiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Oakwood Forest
    Posts
    1,764
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,751
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    600
    Thanked in
    375 Posts

    Default

    In towns doesn’t bother me, but maps are becoming harder to deal with. Take Festerfang, someone use Magma aa and you can’t see the fire pools coming at ya. The bosses red zone is obliterated, ect. So yes an option to turn them off is needed. I too turned off badges cuz I don’t care about others achievements/rank/titles ect. Turned off loot broadcasting and marriage as well.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Oakmaiden For This Useful Post:


  24. #16
    Forum Adept Viyi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    400
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Default

    +1
    It should be

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Viyi For This Useful Post:


  26. #17
    Member Djon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    173
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

    Default

    +++
    I have a powerful phone and, in terms of performance, the aura does not bother me.
    but lately there are too many effects on the screen that the eyes begin to strain and this creates discomfort.
    I am for hiding the aura

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Djon For This Useful Post:


  28. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    231
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    6
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Default

    What really lags me is when someone sets off a huge number of firecrackers-,-

    Sent from my Axioo AX5 using Tapatalk

  29. #19
    Member Stormydragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    144
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    30
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    67
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

    Default

    +111111111
    Yeah we really need this!
    I don't have problems with lags or seeing something. I want to disable effects, mostly of my equip sets or elix, because they dont suit with vanity outfits. For example you worked hard to get a nice black vanity+ auras outfit, but your red endless effect makes the whole thing purple instead. Same for green elix aura. I want to controll which effects i want to show.
    Dragons are overall

Similar Threads

  1. Add old items with auras or effects craft-able to jewels or vanity.
    By leohate123 in forum AL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2020, 11:04 PM
  2. Option to Hide Effects or Remove Effects From Auction/Menu etc
    By GucciBang in forum AL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-02-2020, 07:35 PM
  3. Can STS make a option to hide all these effects ?
    By Hercules in forum AL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-05-2015, 05:19 PM
  4. Hide Option!
    By ArtofWar in forum SL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-26-2012, 08:35 AM
  5. Hide effects not working
    By superglut2 in forum PL Technical Issues and Bugs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-17-2010, 05:33 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •