Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Cotis should be nerfed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Default Why Cotis should be nerfed

It's basicly a permanent crit debuff. Because of how buffs/debuffs work in this game, 1 debuff completely overrides any buff. A core part of rogues pvp is aimed shot and the crit buff provided by "deadly focus" upgrade. This pet completely invalidates that upgrade in any pvp setting. It's going to be extremely common across many different pvp brackets and it's honestly just unhealthy for the game. Damage is already too low for some twink levels and this pet just makes it worse.

For comparison, here's an example of a good debuff pet: Blinky. Blinky is one of the best legendary pets of all time. It was really good, but it wasn't broken. It wasn't meta-defining. It was a very common twink pet because its passive could debuff armor, crit, and apply a long-lasting slow. But the debuffs didn't apply EVERY SINGLE HIT.

I don't want to live in a world where pets apply debuffs 100% of the time. It needs to be changed to a chance to apply debuffs. I'm not just saying this because I'm a rogue player. I'm saying this because it makes the game more boring, which is worse imo. I Just bought a tank set as well so I could easily take advantage of Cotis. But this shows the other side of the problem. I would feel compelled to use it against rogues because it's passive is strictly better than anything else. But this pet would also be invalidating my gameplay as a tank. Tanks have multiple options for feeble(which prevents an enemy from being able to crit). A good tank can seperate themselves from others by effectively harrassing enemy rogues so they can't crit. Now I can just stand there and let Cotis play the game for me. I don't want to use Cotis, I want to use something more interesting, more unique. But Cotis is broken, and I'd be putting my teammates at a disadvantage if I didn't use it.

tldr: 100% uptime on a debuff should not be in the game

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

I don't know much about pvp, but this pet is not expensive. Why not use one too when opponent is using the same pet?

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dualray View Post
    I don't know much about pvp, but this pet is not expensive. Why not use one too when opponent is using the same pet?

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
    did you even read the post? I addressed that question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

Now u guys should go to endgame now xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Why do you make scenes about the smallest of things lately? Were talking about 10% here
    This pet is balanced, for endgame pvp, StS has been pushing endgame more and more lately.
    Seems to me like youre gonna have to level up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    Why do you make scenes about the smallest of things lately? Were talking about 10% here
    This pet is balanced, for endgame pvp, StS has been pushing endgame more and more lately.
    Seems to me like youre gonna have to level up.
    it's not the 10% crit. Pet's have had a 10% crit debuff before. I already addressed that. Its the precedent of having a pet with a 100% application chance debuff that removes abilities from the game in pvp. Anybody going to actually read the post and react to the thoughts other than saying lvl up or just use cotis yourself?

And saying I'm making scenes, the other thread I made was tongue and cheek. Clear sarcasm. Sorry that went over your head.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    it's not the 10% crit. Pet's have had a 10% crit debuff before. I already addressed that. Its the precedent of having a pet with a 100% application chance debuff that removes abilities from the game in pvp. Anybody going to actually read the post and react to the thoughts other than saying lvl up or just use cotis yourself?

And saying I'm making scenes, the other thread I made was tongue and cheek. Clear sarcasm. Sorry that went over your head.
    Nono i read it dont worry, still dont see how this is gamebreaking.
    Wether the 10% crit debuff is applied 100% of the time or not, i remain to stand by my previous post.
    Just because someone disagrees doesnt instantly mean he hasnt read your rant.

Its a bit hard to tell something is sarcastic when you repeatedly say its not, are we supposed to read your mind? Or are you above human level of comprehension

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    Nono i read it dont worry, still dont see how this is gamebreaking.
    Wether the 10% crit debuff is applied 100% of the time or not, i remain to stand by my previous post.
    Just because someone disagrees doesnt instantly mean he hasnt read your rant.

Its a bit hard to tell something is sarcastic when you repeatedly say its not, are we supposed to read your mind? Or are you above human level of comprehension
    Then it would be okay for sts to release a pet whose passive prevents all juggernaut healing. By your logic, that wouldn't be gamebreaking at all.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Then it would be okay for sts to release a pet whose passive prevents all juggernaut healing. By your logic, that wouldn't be gamebreaking at all.
    Reduces 10% critical upon an enemy, right? That seems fine, Rogues have generally over 50%crit at 76, also this only affects pvp not pve so it’s not “groundbreaking”. I think it’s fine, remember. New items/pets/modes/etc... are meant for endgame they don’t really care much to what happens to twink. Just something to think about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alghost View Post
    Reduces 10% critical upon an enemy, right? That seems fine, Rogues have generally over 50%crit at 76, also this only affects pvp not pve so it’s not “groundbreaking”. I think it’s fine, remember. New items/pets/modes/etc... are meant for endgame they don’t really care much to what happens to twink. Just something to think about.
    once again, completely missing the point. It has nothing to do with the 10% crit debuff. A CHANCE to apply a debuff is fine. 100% application is bogus, and is setting a new precedent for pet passives. It has everything to do with the fact that cotis' passive removes a skill upgrade from pvp. That is not a precedent that should be set. Otherwise it would be fine for a pet's passive to remove jugg healing. Or it would be fine for a pets passive to remove the stun immunity from mage shield. If you guys think thats okay, you probably don't pvp.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

once again, completely missing the point. It has nothing to do with the 10% crit debuff. A CHANCE to apply a debuff is fine. 100% application is bogus, and is setting a new precedent for pet passives. It has everything to do with the fact that cotis' passive removes a skill upgrade from pvp. That is not a precedent that should be set. Otherwise it would be fine for a pet's passive to remove jugg healing. Or it would be fine for a pets passive to remove the stun immunity from mage shield. If you guys think thats okay, you probably don't pvp.
    Unless the passive removes 100% armor or stuns 100% of the time. It’s fine. 10%crit for level 76s is nothing... you’re over exaggerating. You made this entire thread because your twink rogue probably has less than 15%crit and are now complaining about a level no one pvps in. Also in honor pvp, this pet doesn’t affect anyone. So... you’re fine. Oh and if you’re worried about pets entirely, I heard festerfang pvp has 0 pets involved. Like I said, you’ll be fine.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

+1 agreed it should be nerfed.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dynastygaming For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Unless the passive removes 100% armor or stuns 100% of the time. It’s fine. 10%crit for level 76s is nothing... you’re over exaggerating. You made this entire thread because your twink rogue probably has less than 15%crit and are now complaining about a level no one pvps in. Also in honor pvp, this pet doesn’t affect anyone. So... you’re fine. Oh and if you’re worried about pets entirely, I heard festerfang pvp has 0 pets involved. Like I said, you’ll be fine.
    lol somebody didn't read any of the post. I also talked about how this pet makes pvp worse for me when I play my tank, so you're completely wrong about my motives

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

lol somebody didn't read any of the post. I also talked about how this pet makes pvp worse for me when I play my tank, so you're completely wrong about my motives
    I understood your thread... you are freighted by pet future overpowered passives. In your head I assume “Yeah, it may be 10%crit reduction 100% of the time now, but in the future it could be 65% armor reduction upon every pet attack”(100% of the time)-You

That is why, if they do make this a reality we can speak out and ask devs to change this... that is why I’m not worried. And you shouldn’t be either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I understood your thread... you are freighted by pet future overpowered passives. In your head I assume “Yeah, it may be 10%crit reduction 100% of the time now, but in the future it could be 65% armor reduction upon every pet attack”(100% of the time)-You

That is why, if they do make this a reality we can speak out and ask devs to change this... that is why I’m not worried. And you shouldn’t be either.
    Future passives is the secondary concern. The primary concern is that a pet's passive literally removes a skill upgrade from pvp, and removes gameplay decisions. On my rogue, the "Deadly Focus" upgrade becomes a wasted skill point. On my tank, it doesn't matter as much anymore if I use my abilities optimally. We only have four abilities, Pvp shouldn't be dumbed down even more because of a legendary pet's passive.

They already made it a reality. They just set the precedent with Cotis. That's why I'm speaking out now, so it can be changed now instead of waiting for something worse in the future

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

wait..your complaining about a pet that does a 10% crit debuff 100% of the time??

there has been a pet that does that and more out there for 5 years ..Grimm ...."Reaping : cleaves nearby enemies . Chance to stun, 5% chance to kill and ALWAYS reduces armor and crit 10% ."

so i dont see everyone running around pvp with Grimm??

am i missing something?

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by konafez View Post
    wait..your complaining about a pet that does a 10% crit debuff 100% of the time??

there has been a pet that does that and more out there for 5 years ..Grimm ...."Reaping : cleaves nearby enemies . Chance to stun, 5% chance to kill and ALWAYS reduces armor and crit 10% ."

so i dont see everyone running around pvp with Grimm??

am i missing something?
    That's on it's arcane ability. We're talking about the passive ability. So yes you missed something lol

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Future passives is the secondary concern. The primary concern is that a pet's passive literally removes a skill upgrade from pvp, and removes gameplay decisions. On my rogue, the "Deadly Focus" upgrade becomes a wasted skill point. On my tank, it doesn't matter as much anymore if I use my abilities optimally. We only have four abilities, Pvp shouldn't be dumbed down even more because of a legendary pet's passive.

They already made it a reality. They just set the precedent with Cotis. That's why I'm speaking out now, so it can be changed now instead of waiting for something worse in the future
    “You’ll be okay”-Justg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

You'll be fine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

10%Crit doesn't make a huge difference.

Timur has been running around always reducing huge chunk of armor from multiple people. No big deal.

Again, I also play MOBA, and 10% Crit isn't very impactful in either genre.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk