Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Mechanics with Future Updates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Game Mechanics with Future Updates

Last edited by Cylon1337; 04-22-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon1337 View Post
    Do you guys think the "energy" will be removed with the upcoming release of DL to iOS users? I really seems to cripple my mission runs for gold if you don't want to continually buy energy. Not to mention I believe we would see more people online, playing the game, rather then standing around, although I'am aware this is what they intended to do, to myself it does not seem very entertaining.
    It will not be removed. With the increased energy drop rate and alternate things to do like socialize and PvP, I no longer have any issues with the energy mechanic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Default Game Mechanics with Future Updates

IMO....it needs to be removed. All of it. Or the wait time bumped down to 2min and instead of 25 energy, 50 energy. I literally use 25 energy in less than a min
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Actually I really like the pacing. I've already got a grinding game (PL). I really do not need another one.

Um, how do you use 25 energy in less than a minute? It takes me like an hour of the 3D dungeons to use like 9 energy, since drops usually make me do a bunch more than I want to.

Oh, maybe if you had just unlocked a map section? Don't spend all your energy on the non-dungeon missions all at once. If I want to do the dungeons, I always keep at least 9 energy to do those. I can always do the non-dungeon missions when I have full energy when I first log on.

When my energy meter is full and I first log on, I make a decision about how long I want to play. If I was going to do all dungeons for that whole session, I would probably only spend energy on 1 non-dungeon mission (so in-dungeon energy drops can be added to my energy meter) and then spend the rest of the time in-dungeon.

I never go into a 3D dungeon with a full energy meter since energy can drop in the dungeon. If you have 25/25, go into a dungeon thus entering at 22/25 energy, and you drop 5 energy (totally possible with 2 green energy and 1 white energy drop), then you will "lose" 2 energy. Make sure your meter has room for added energy.

If I am spending all my energy in dungeon, I will go in at about 18/25 energy. If I am spending about 1 hour in dungeon, I will go in at about 9/25 energy, since so far with energy drops, that's about an hour in dungeon.

You will have to determine your own energy management technique.

I try to log in to spend energy if/when I spend some time away from the game sleeping, eating or other real life stuff, so I have most of the non-dungeon missions already complete. When I do go in-dungeon, I collect a few of those completed non-dungeon missions for buffs.

Once you have enough campaigns unlocked, you should definitely trigger some missions when you have full energy. Always trigger the longer timed missions first since they give you a better chance at buffs and a better chance at longer buffs (15min vs 5min).

IF/WHEN you run out of energy, you can go hang out in the club, merchant, pvp, or play on an alt (alts are free with their own email address). I think I have heard that for people who want to grind constantly, about 3 toons will ensure you can grind at all times without spending plat. Multiple toons is also a good way to farm since which items drop can change when your toon levels.

I think only the super grinders who live in game 24/7 really need this last part (the alt toons). I have alt toons for farming but have a hard time keeping all their energy drained since I don't feel like playing in dungeons all the time, not to mention I don't want to level all the time either.

Guess this game has slightly different mechanics and players are gonna have to learn them.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 04-22-2012 at 03:40 PM.

Star light, star bright...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I like this system. I can power lvl without actually playing the game...lawlz.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

All I want is an energy bar that increases when you level up. The waiting time and energy drops are fine.

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beanmachine View Post
    All I want is an energy bar that increases when you level up. The waiting time and energy drops are fine.
    I agree I like the waiting time and power drops but do think power bar should be increased with lvling. Maybe 1 point per lvl or every other lvl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Default Game Mechanics with Future Updates

Another thing is they need a join board so we can join players it's really bugging me almost all the time when I make a game know one joins and when I try to solo I die SOOO easily I go threw 10 blood packs by soloing... Really go to far with that...
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

If you burn through 25 energy in a min then I suggest killing things instead of watching cutscenes.
    Log in when you only have a min and do the cuts. When you have more time log in and run the maps. If you run out of energy then u are just unlucky.

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsberry:627451
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanmachine View Post
    I agree I like the waiting time and power drops but do think power bar should be increased with lvling. Maybe 1 point per lvl or every other lvl.

Im with this band wagon. Maybe 2 or 3 energy bi-levels or tri-levels after level 20. For example, @lvl22 we'd have 27 energy or @lvl23 we'll have 28 energy. Would be nice considering we get a power point every other level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

No thank you.

The energy system is perfect at thr moment. It puts everyone at an equal level (sometimes having to wait for energy). Its frustrating for you impatient ones, but thats all part of the fun. Having no energy would mean the plat users would rush to cap and munch all the content. This happened in PL and because of energy, will not happen in DL.

Noone liked the Miners Luck or Shamrock Elixir, but its still in the store today. What does this show? People need to let some things just happen, instead of being antagonistic to fulfill their own pleasures.
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaduck View Post
    No thank you.

The energy system is perfect at thr moment. It puts everyone at an equal level (sometimes having to wait for energy). Its frustrating for you impatient ones, but thats all part of the fun. Having no energy would mean the plat users would rush to cap and munch all the content. This happened in PL and because of energy, will not happen in DL.

Noone liked the Miners Luck or Shamrock Elixir, but its still in the store today. What does this show? People need to let some things just happen, instead of being antagonistic to fulfill their own pleasures.
    Is experience still buyable ? Did they lower plat costs for refilling energy bar ? Let's be honest, plat users are not equal to non-plat users (not that they should be, else sts wouldn't make much money from plat sales), but now you can simply buy your way through levels. It's opening the door to noobs players who don't know how to play but will still own poorer players who actually spend time playing, which will hence ruin games.
    This assuming xp is still buyable, but it would surprise me sts dropped that.

An almost perfect solution would be what people like Lady_pebble or Mrsberry support : increasing energy bar when you level to match increasing mission costs.
    Last edited by Malerian; 04-22-2012 at 07:23 AM.
    Arcananovae lvl41 engineer - Arcanastellae lvl40 commando - Malerian lvl40 operative
    AL : Arsarcanorum
    Guess : 275

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Bah, increasing the energy bar will only result in increases in the energy cost of missions. So, yeah, you got 50 energy, but it now costs 6 energy to run an instance. Net profit? 0%. Not to mention you'll be standing around twice as long waiting for that energy to fill up. I say no on increases and yes on learning proper energy management.

-----
    Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I decided at sometimes wehen I'm feeling lazy and all I want to do is sit around, then the energy gets annoying. Although, I'm normally busy with day to day sports... so the energy system is a great way to "power level" without actually being there. As someone said above, Pocket Legends is already my grinding game. I tried playing Pocket Legends with Star Legends and it just took to much time to keep track of both. I guess this system suits me.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Yeah, just learn proper energy management. The point of it is to moderate grinding and power leveling...and frankly I hate grinding so I love the energy system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Its psychological, it makes the game insanely addicting if you make a system with which you must return to the game every 2 hours, STS said that the game is based around energy and they will not remove it, I kinda like it, good time killer on bus stops, lunches, breaks, toilets etc... I know myself I can go over the logical limit when grinding and this keeps me in control lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dextwinnk View Post
    Another thing is they need a join board so we can join players it's really bugging me almost all the time when I make a game know one joins and when I try to solo I die SOOO easily I go threw 10 blood packs by soloing... Really go to far with that...
    Um, this should not be happening. Every dungeon level, at least through Gallows Alley Slum, can be solo'd with very little blood pack usage. Feed timing is very important, as is figuring out your skills and how many mobs you can take on at once. I only have to use blood packs if I mistime my kills or forget to leave 1 ghoul/zombie/human alive. And actually I love the human/enemy swarms, since usually after my combo I can feed. Soooooo nice.

Star light, star bright...

Lady_Pebbles

I manage my energy very well and am half way to level 21 without buying any packs either. However, I still believe the energy bar should be raised. Would make it more interesting. Especially since with new level caps in the future, we will need more energy to get to caps within a decent time. 17670exp for level 21 is fine now but imagine what the next content updates will bring between level 21 and up. More energy would help a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

i agree on the more energy part. but i like the energy system.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

I manage my energy very well and am half way to level 21 without buying any packs either. However, I still believe the energy bar should be raised. Would make it more interesting. Especially since with new level caps in the future, we will need more energy to get to caps within a decent time. 17670exp for level 21 is fine now but imagine what the next content updates will bring between level 21 and up. More energy would help a lot.

It may, but if it comes with a corresponding increase in mission cost then it serves no point, other than to drive plat sales. I doubt that sts will increase energy capacity without increasing the energy costs.

-----
    Sent from my HTC Evo 3D