Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 58

Thread: In response to: Unluckiest player alive or ridiculous drop rate for Flamebrand?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    414
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

    Default In response to: Unluckiest player alive or ridiculous drop rate for Flamebrand?

    The last post from the dev said "Thanks for the feedback and sorry to hear about your run of bad luck

    Please drop our support team a line at support@spacetimestudios.com with the details.

    Thread closed."

    Does this mean we can get refunded if we drop a ton of plat and not get legendaries?

    I definitely don't think there should be randomization for items when there is real money involved. Frankly, it's a form of gambling, and plays in to that same impulses.

    In any case, if you are refunding people for loses then I would like a refund too.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Piosidon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    1,937
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    47
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    93
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

    Default

    You could always private message them

    <(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    414
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

    Default

    Well, I think this should be discussed in a public forum. If one person get reimbursed for losses than everyone should that's only fair. I spent more money than I wanted to, and I stopped playing the grab boxes realizing that I was starting to impulse spend.

    I also don't understand why that thread was closed. I think that's something that needs to be discussed openly if sts has a reimbursement policy for losses on games of chance...considering people are using real money.
    Last edited by Blaquehaaart; 04-22-2012 at 11:59 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Carth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Posts
    599
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    45
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

    Default

    This even applies to PL and SL. I don't think kids at the age of 13 should be gambling real money to obtain 'said item. It just doesn't seem right. I have to say that it is the users fault for going crazy with their money, but STS has to take partial blame for supporting gambling. Now for DL, it is an adult game and while I don't like gambling for digital items with real cash, DL makes an exception due to the aimed audience. Gambling in PL and SL is unacceptable in my eyes.

    This is just my opinion. I don't hate or have anger towards these options, I just simply don't approve of them.

    Also, I saw the main thread before it was locked. Sam did what he was suppose to do. Send the player to support and let the staff there handle it. I don't think the support staff is going to refund the player though. He knew that there was a *chance* of receiving a legendary item.
    Last edited by Carth; 04-23-2012 at 12:34 AM.
    Current Sig by
    SL Elite Death Squad

  5. #5
    Member xfrzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    71
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    18
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Default

    The thread title is correct but your argument sucks, asking for a refund could get you banned, but plat vs igc (in game cash) should have nice weapons too. I already recorded not to give 1 penny to sts but these gambling mechanics justify my logic

    Next time argue correctly, and the mod closing the other thread was a shhhhhh tactic its a huge issue and needs to be addresses even with a lvl 21 rare drop that glows like the plat craps....
    this space reserved for Flowman

  6. #6
    Senior Member Carth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Posts
    599
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    45
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xfrzen:628213
    The thread title is correct but your argument sucks, asking for a refund could get you banned, but plat vs igc (in game cash) should have nice weapons too. I already recorded not to give 1 penny to sts but these gambling mechanics justify my logic

    Next time argue correctly, and the mod closing the other thread was a shhhhhh tactic its a huge issue and needs to be addresses even with a lvl 21 rare drop that glows like the plat craps....
    Bud, the attitude isn't necessary. You've been extremely negative since your arrival. If you don't like the game, don't play it. If you don't like the company, why bother staying on the forums? I don't understand what your goal is. We try to discuss things in a respectful manner here. This is a discussion that I personally think is important.

    I don't want to start an argument and make an enemy. Let's move past this.
    Last edited by Carth; 04-23-2012 at 12:51 AM.
    Current Sig by
    SL Elite Death Squad

  7. #7
    Banned Otukura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,022
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    549
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    530
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xfrzen View Post
    asking for a refund could get you banned
    how so?

    ============

    wrt to the main topic, I think its more likely they'd just reward them with the item. we've seen refunds before, for purchases made by "mistake", but not for things like this.

  8. #8
    Member xkoolwillx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    231
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    This even applies to PL and SL. I don't think kids at the age of 13 should be gambling real money to obtain 'said item. It just doesn't seem right.
    Off topic but why do people assume player crying over something about one of StS games is 13 years old ? O.o
    I have played PL since i was 12 and i wasnt ranting about anything... So dont assume someon is 13 or below by the way they act its kind of offensive sometimes .... Not trying to troll here just saying the truth..

  9. #9
    Senior Member Carth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Posts
    599
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    45
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xkoolwillx:628236
    Off topic but why do people assume player crying over something about one of StS games is 13 years old ? O.o
    I have played PL sincr i was 12 and i wasnt ranting about anything... So dont assume someon is 13 or below by the way they act its kind of offensive sotes .... Not trying to troll here just daying the truth..
    I was giving an age that meets the minimum requirements to play any Legend game. Anyone playing below the age of 13 is breaking the ToS. A person below 21 and older than 13 shouldn't be allowed to gamble.
    Current Sig by
    SL Elite Death Squad

  10. #10
    Member xkoolwillx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    231
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xkoolwillx:628236
    Off topic but why do people assume player crying over something about one of StS games is 13 years old ? O.o
    I have played PL sincr i was 12 and i wasnt ranting about anything... So dont assume someon is 13 or below by the way they act its kind of offensive sotes .... Not trying to troll here just daying the truth..
    I was giving an age that meets the minimum requirements to play any Legend game. Anyone playing below the age of 13 is breaking the ToS. A person below 21 and older than 13 shouldn't be allowed to gamble.
    Umm did i said i was 12 when i first started playing and i asure u i know ur not suppose gamble if ur below 21 18 in my case but this is not gambling its a mmorpg not real life!!!!!! So yeah i did break ToS back when i wa 12 now 14 btw and yes i know age requirement!!!!!

  11. #11
    Member xfrzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    71
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    18
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    Bud, the attitude isn't necessary. You've been extremely negative since your arrival. If you don't like the game, don't play it. If you don't like the company, why bother staying on the forums? I don't understand what your goal is. We try to discuss things in a respectful manner here. This is a discussion that I personally think is important.

    I don't want to start an argument and make an enemy. Let's move past this.
    well tbh I only complain about the negative, and I expressed my concern in as little words as possible, touch screen typing sucks, but I'm not here to argue or make enemies, I complain to make the game better, my posts get noticed and sometimes being sandpaper gets you heard. I only come to the forums with what I don't like, in fact that's the way old school forums were. Now its look at me threads and less game discussion.... 75% of what happens in general discussion belongs in off topic... and I was a littler ticked the mod closed the other thread... but open seems to be trolling I've seen has other thread that was already being discussed here, go figure huh
    this space reserved for Flowman

  12. #12
    Senior Member Carth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Posts
    599
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    45
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xkoolwillx:628244
    Umm did i said i was 12 when i first started playing and i asure u i know ur not suppose gamble if ur below 21 18 in my case but this is not gambling its a mmorpg not real life!!!!!! So yeah i did break ToS back when i wa 12 now 14 btw and yes i know age requirement!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaquehaaart:628199
    Ok just checked the android market policies:

    Gambling: We don’t allow content or services that facilitate online gambling, including but not limited to, online casinos, sports betting and lotteries.
    Not sure about state laws. I couldn't find anything definitive.
    Using real money to obtain an item you might not get is a risk and considered gambling.

    Gambling (Better definition): To take a risk in the hope of gaining an advantage or a benefit.
    Current Sig by
    SL Elite Death Squad

  13. #13
    Member xfrzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    71
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    18
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    how so?

    ============

    wrt to the main topic, I think its more likely they'd just reward them with the item. we've seen refunds before, for purchases made by "mistake", but not for things like this.
    depends on how you go about getting a refund, I could write a book about playing with customer service and getting paid to do it, EA hates me but they can't argue with me, I win and it costs them $ 20 each time

    His issue could get him banned depending on how he argues it...
    there was no mistake he spent money and gambled it all away, but asking for a refund afterwards is pure ignorance
    this space reserved for Flowman

  14. #14
    Member xfrzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    71
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    18
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xkoolwillx View Post
    Umm did i said i was 12 when i first started playing and i asure u i know ur not suppose gamble if ur below 21 18 in my case but this is not gambling its a mmorpg not real life!!!!!! So yeah i did break ToS back when i wa 12 now 14 btw and yes i know age requirement!!!!!
    I gotta learn to multi quote sorry 3x post,but

    You spend real money to get xx item, that's gambling... gambling is spending money on a game of chance, don't be playing word games here
    this space reserved for Flowman

  15. #15
    Member xkoolwillx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    231
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xkoolwillx:628244
    Umm did i said i was 12 when i first started playing and i asure u i know ur not suppose gamble if ur below 21 18 in my case but this is not gambling its a mmorpg not real life!!!!!! So yeah i did break ToS back when i wa 12 now 14 btw and yes i know age requirement!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaquehaaart:628199
    Ok just checked the android market policies:

    Gambling: We don’t allow content or services that facilitate online gambling, including but not limited to, online casinos, sports betting and lotteries.
    Not sure about state laws. I couldn't find anything definitive.
    Using real money to obtain an item you might not get is a risk and considered gambling.

    Gambling (Better definition): To take a risk in the hope of gaining an advantage or a benefit.
    Im not android lol and i know my vocabulary lol ... So y do u use the phrase 13 ? Thats all i asked not a lesson from someone that might be younger or less experienced than me-.- lol

  16. #16
    Banned Otukura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,022
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    549
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    530
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xfrzen View Post
    depends on how you go about getting a refund, I could write a book about playing with customer service and getting paid to do it, EA hates me but they can't argue with me, I win and it costs them $ 20 each time

    His issue could get him banned depending on how he argues it...
    there was no mistake he spent money and gambled it all away, but asking for a refund afterwards is pure ignorance
    not trying to sound all high and mighty, but knowing sts for what will be approaching 2 years, I cant believe this company would do that. most different(in a good way) customer support ive ever seen. ea uses their cs like a shield, sts just invites you in.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Otukura For This Useful Post:


  18. #17
    Member xkoolwillx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    231
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xfrzen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xkoolwillx View Post
    Umm did i said i was 12 when i first started playing and i asure u i know ur not suppose gamble if ur below 21 18 in my case but this is not gambling its a mmorpg not real life!!!!!! So yeah i did break ToS back when i wa 12 now 14 btw and yes i know age requirement!!!!!
    I gotta learn to multi quote sorry 3x post,but

    You spend real money to get xx item, that's gambling... gambling is spending money on a game of chance, don't be playing word games here
    Is it ? Then y do PL let people under 21 gamble money if it is against the law ? Im guessinf cus its not gambling o.O because in real life u gamble for a certain something money jewelery etc etc.... In this game is for game items.nothin like that. So let me ask u this is gambling based in luck ? Yes . Is it set already ? No. This game has coding wich sets drop rates so if u buy enhancer/elixer to get a better chance u will get a better chance!!! This is not gambling its called luck ...

  19. #18
    Senior Member Carth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Posts
    599
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    12
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    45
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xkoolwillx:628261
    Im not android lol and i know my vocabulary lol ... So y do u use the phrase 13 ? Thats all i asked not a lesson from someone that might be younger or less experienced than me-.- lol
    I just explained my reasoning. I used the minimum age requirement that meets the terms to play and is still considered 'a child.' Gambling as a child and young adult, 13 though 20, is wrong. I'm not pointing fingers at 13 year old kids. I'm not pointing fingers at people who complain at all. I'm just saying that 13-20 shouldn't have such a service at their disposal.

    @xfrzen I agree with everything you just said, but being respectful and not-so harsh is required since children check these forums too (Including myself, age 16). I'm glad we didn't get into an argument and that we understand each other.
    Last edited by Carth; 04-23-2012 at 01:47 AM.
    Current Sig by
    SL Elite Death Squad

  20. #19
    Member xfrzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    71
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    18
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    not trying to sound all high and mighty, but knowing sts for what will be approaching 2 years, I cant believe this company would do that. most different(in a good way) customer support ive ever seen. ea uses their cs like a shield, sts just invites you in.
    yea ea uses there cs as a meat shield its sad but funny tootoo
    this space reserved for Flowman

  21. #20
    Member xfrzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    71
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    18
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    9
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xkoolwillx View Post
    Is it ? Then y do PL let people under 21 gamble money if it is against the law ? Im guessinf cus its not gambling o.O because in real life u gamble for a certain something money jewelery etc etc.... In this game is for game items.nothin like that. So let me ask u this is gambling based in luck ? Yes . Is it set already ? No. This game has coding wich sets drop rates so if u buy enhancer/elixer to get a better chance u will get a better chance!!! This is not gambling its called luck ...
    I'll use your own logic against you...
    Luck implies there is a chance to win or lose, guess what? That's gambling
    this space reserved for Flowman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Unluckiest player alive or ridiculous drop rate for Flamebrand?
    By Lamchild in forum DL General Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-22-2012, 03:13 PM
  2. Is it me or pink drop rate for glyph drop
    By Zaratoe in forum PL General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-30-2011, 05:21 PM
  3. Drop rate.
    By Vyvin in forum PL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2010, 09:52 PM
  4. Fix the drop rate
    By Elfche in forum PL Technical Issues and Bugs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 03:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •