Thread: How to fix Class Balance

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Default How to fix Class Balance

Hello, I’m just stopping by here and giving STS some thoughts on how to fix class balance-made simple.

When or before the level 81 expansion hits. STS should remove and or EXTREMELY NERF item procs of all items UNDER level 81 which consist of the following.
    -Helmet
    -Armor
    -Belt
    -Ring
    -Amulet
    -Artifact
    Instead of giving these items procs, they should give them passives. For instance;

:Arcane items can have 2 passives.
    :Mythic items can have 1 passive.
    *Example*
    -Level 81 Arcane Helmet: Passive(1.5%hp regen every 2-5 seconds, +1str/int/dex per kill)
    -Level 81 Arcane Armor(5% Armor Bonus 1% mana regen every 3-6 seconds)

They should also nerf all weapons that are NOT level 81. So that the new arcane items will become relevant and players would stop stacking old weapons. So that slowly classes start Balancing out.

“Mage is mage”
    “Rogue is rogue”
    “War is war”

Then... maybe... just maybe STS can and should start adding Class Based Procs. What are class based procs? I’ll give you some examples. BOTH PVE AND PVP

Warrior- Hp regen procs, Armor Buff/damage reduction/taunt/pull procs in combination with an STR bonus.

•Examples below•
    “The Aegis”:
    (PVE) Chance to proc “Elvins healing touch” Healing 4 allies hp by 10% every 3 seconds for 18 seconds, increasing Str by 10% for 18 seconds.
    (PVP) Chance to proc “Elvins Healing Touch” Healing 2 allies by 8% hp every 4 seconds for 12 seconds, increasing STR by 5% for 9 seconds.

Rogue- Damage proc and or crit proc/ Heavy bleeding/ Dodge proc in combination with a small mana regen bonus.

“The Butter Knife”
    (PVE) Chance to proc “assassins cut” Increasing Damage by 60% for 14 seconds and 12% mana regen every 4 seconds for 12 seconds.
    (PVP) Chance to proc “assassins cut” increasing Damage by 30% for 7 seconds and 6% mana regen every 3 seconds for 9 seconds.

Mage- slowing/Grab/push/Stun/Freeze/Burn procs in combination of a Haste bonus.

“The Wooden Stick”
    (PVE) Chance to proc “hell fire” spawning a 20 meter radius pool of fire, damaging 8% of enemies hp every 2 seconds for 20 seconds. All enemies touching the pool burn for 8 seconds increasing haste ability by 25% for 16 seconds.
    (PVP) Chance to proc “Hell fire” spawning a 10 meter radius pool of fire, damaging 4% of enemies hp every 3 seconds for 9 seconds. All enemies in touching the pool burn for 4 seconds increasing haste ability by 25% for 8 seconds.

Also, so ALL classes are needed for the level 81 expansion cap. Turn regular mobs into elite level mobs and Elite level mobs into ultra elite level(Make them stronger). So rogues(offense) will be needed to damage(kill) the mobs, the warriors(defense) would be needed to tank(taunt,pull) the mobs, while the mages (support) are there to (stun,burn,freeze,grab,slow) mobs down to make the warrior and rogues role easier.

It really isn’t hard to fix the game...

If you disagree with me, I assume you either like how the game is now “proc legends” where one class is either weaker or stronger than the rest. If you got a better idea, state it below. So far this is as best as I can come up with to try and fix the classes to where one doesn’t top the other too much.

On a side note: I have another idea on how all characters can get stronger too. I call it “Item Enhancement Forge” there are 3 levels to this. The enhancements only work for ARCANE and MYTHIC tier ONLY. Enhancements only work for level items level 81+

Unlock each level using platinum.

Level 1 550 plat

Level 2 1200 plat

Level 3 1750 plat

Arcane items- 3 levels of enhancements.
    Mythic items- 1 level of enhancement.

How it works? Easy

Level 1 + level 1= level 2
    Level 2 + level 2= level 3

Note: If you have all awakes unlocked on a level 1 armor, if you upgrade it to level 2, you will lose them.

Example (mage)

Arcane helmet:
    -Basic stats: 70 int, 10% damage, +100hp+ 350 mana + 30str/dex
    -Level 1: 80 int, 12% damage, +150hp,+450 mana + 35str/dex
    -Level 2: 95 int, 15% damage, +225hp, + 600 mana + 42str/dex (Pve bonus 2% all stat increase)
    -Level 3: 115 int, 20% damage, + 400 hp, + 900 mana, +55 str/dex (Pve bonus +5% all stat increase)

All stat increase means (str/int/dex/hp/armor/damage/crit/mana)

Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

Creating mobs that challenge whats overpowered would be another option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

-1, there's no need to nerf or remove procs on items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

-1 it is very good the way it is

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

-1, the reason of why latest weapon gives proc is depend of latest dungeon gameplay (evg,dm)

Sent from my RMX1821 using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

-1 to all of these, sorry but i think these will not make fix the game, instead it will broke the game. Especially the enchantments system that need plat to open and nerf on weapon proc.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Keep it coming guys!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

I like the sound of it. Sounds a little too complex, but so is every system related to the game. Have to admit that this is an interesting suggestion.

As for the procs, let's face it. Tanks are broken af. There is no balance between the classes since tanks are literally all 3 classes combined into 1. That being said, Tanks have been pretty useless all these years, so I really don't have anything against the insane role monopoly that they've been given recently. The way I see it, the whole "tanks and procs" argument can go either way. You are either a mage/rogue complaining about them or a tank defending the same.

Instead of making the narrative about nerfing tanks, STS could work on buffing the other classes (solely for PVE). That will only make the maps much more easier to run and nobody should a problem with that.
    Tanks have had durability but lacked damage, which was granted with the new meta (proc stack and rage ultimate). I suggest making rogues and mages more durable now, since the damage has always been there.

Also, a serious +1 for class-specific procs. It's always been that way as you can see from the older mythics and arcanes. Somewhere along the way, this ideology was lost and every class recieved the same gear procs.
    Last edited by Roycedamagnet; 03-17-2021 at 08:52 PM.
    We've been sittin' here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas.

Windmoore city waiting for honor ranked queue
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alghost View Post
    Hello, I’m just stopping by here and giving STS some thoughts on how to fix class balance-made simple.

When or before the level 81 expansion hits. STS should remove and or EXTREMELY NERF item procs of all items UNDER level 81 which consist of the following.
    -Helmet
    -Armor
    -Belt
    -Ring
    -Amulet
    -Artifact
    Instead of giving these items procs, they should give them passives. For instance;

:Arcane items can have 2 passives.
    :Mythic items can have 1 passive.
    *Example*
    -Level 81 Arcane Helmet: Passive(1.5%hp regen every 2-5 seconds, +1str/int/dex per kill)
    -Level 81 Arcane Armor(5% Armor Bonus 1% mana regen every 3-6 seconds)

They should also nerf all weapons that are NOT level 81. So that the new arcane items will become relevant and players would stop stacking old weapons. So that slowly classes start Balancing out.

“Mage is mage”
    “Rogue is rogue”
    “War is war”

Then... maybe... just maybe STS can and should start adding Class Based Procs. What are class based procs? I’ll give you some examples. BOTH PVE AND PVP

Warrior- Hp regen procs, Armor Buff/damage reduction/taunt/pull procs in combination with an STR bonus.

•Examples below•
    “The Aegis”:
    (PVE) Chance to proc “Elvins healing touch” Healing 4 allies hp by 10% every 3 seconds for 18 seconds, increasing Str by 10% for 18 seconds.
    (PVP) Chance to proc “Elvins Healing Touch” Healing 2 allies by 8% hp every 4 seconds for 12 seconds, increasing STR by 5% for 9 seconds.

Rogue- Damage proc and or crit proc/ Heavy bleeding/ Dodge proc in combination with a small mana regen bonus.

“The Butter Knife”
    (PVE) Chance to proc “assassins cut” Increasing Damage by 60% for 14 seconds and 12% mana regen every 4 seconds for 12 seconds.
    (PVP) Chance to proc “assassins cut” increasing Damage by 30% for 7 seconds and 6% mana regen every 3 seconds for 9 seconds.

Mage- slowing/Grab/push/Stun/Freeze/Burn procs in combination of a Haste bonus.

“The Wooden Stick”
    (PVE) Chance to proc “hell fire” spawning a 20 meter radius pool of fire, damaging 8% of enemies hp every 2 seconds for 20 seconds. All enemies touching the pool burn for 8 seconds increasing haste ability by 25% for 16 seconds.
    (PVP) Chance to proc “Hell fire” spawning a 10 meter radius pool of fire, damaging 4% of enemies hp every 3 seconds for 9 seconds. All enemies in touching the pool burn for 4 seconds increasing haste ability by 25% for 8 seconds.

Also, so ALL classes are needed for the level 81 expansion cap. Turn regular mobs into elite level mobs and Elite level mobs into ultra elite level(Make them stronger). So rogues(offense) will be needed to damage(kill) the mobs, the warriors(defense) would be needed to tank(taunt,pull) the mobs, while the mages (support) are there to (stun,burn,freeze,grab,slow) mobs down to make the warrior and rogues role easier.

It really isn’t hard to fix the game...

If you disagree with me, I assume you either like how the game is now “proc legends” where one class is either weaker or stronger than the rest. If you got a better idea, state it below. So far this is as best as I can come up with to try and fix the classes to where one doesn’t top the other too much.

On a side note: I have another idea on how all characters can get stronger too. I call it “Item Enhancement Forge” there are 3 levels to this. The enhancements only work for ARCANE and MYTHIC tier ONLY. Enhancements only work for level items level 81+

Unlock each level using platinum.

Level 1 550 plat

Level 2 1200 plat

Level 3 1750 plat

Arcane items- 3 levels of enhancements.
    Mythic items- 1 level of enhancement.

How it works? Easy

Level 1 + level 1= level 2
    Level 2 + level 2= level 3

Note: If you have all awakes unlocked on a level 1 armor, if you upgrade it to level 2, you will lose them.

Example (mage)

Arcane helmet:
    -Basic stats: 70 int, 10% damage, +100hp+ 350 mana + 30str/dex
    -Level 1: 80 int, 12% damage, +150hp,+450 mana + 35str/dex
    -Level 2: 95 int, 15% damage, +225hp, + 600 mana + 42str/dex (Pve bonus 2% all stat increase)
    -Level 3: 115 int, 20% damage, + 400 hp, + 900 mana, +55 str/dex (Pve bonus +5% all stat increase)

All stat increase means (str/int/dex/hp/armor/damage/crit/mana)

Thanks.
    I like the sound of butter knife but make the chance to boost damage by 60% available in pvp. Also give rogues more armor and hp. Basically the only class should be rogue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Sts pls make an age limit to starting posts in general discussions.
    Dumb'ness is reaching very high pearks it has never reached.....
    Anyways... Think a little.. Bfor making posts... That's what ppl who are little mature does...

Senior Member firebelt & crystalkiller's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Pls close this thread @cinco.. It'll. Be another 200 reply useless drama thread

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Almost there.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Sent from my Axioo AX5 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hmmmm why you dont thought about it when rogues were the only one class that do damage, mages were only good in lower lvl maps to farm energy for event for example and warrior only the the fat boy to beat with lot of hp? -1, nosense change, items will be worth much much less, market will ... up
    100% vodka guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Jaffo View Post
    -1, there's no need to nerf or remove procs on items.
    I guess you didn't even think for one second before posting, ill try to explain.

What will happen when new gear comes around? They need to make this gear desirable and better than what we have, but how can you beat these latest stacking dmg procs tendency without nerfing what we currently have? Obvious answer is with same proc mechanics but higher increase on buffs...
    But if that's the way to do it, what situation will players find in maps? - They can release new content with very high difficulty level, so even having better procs, players will still find something challenging to run. But if this is the choice, it will make a enormous gap between players who have new gear, and the majority of ppl who doesn't, making content unplayable for them.
    And if we get better gear, also means that current maps like deep marsh and EvG will be farmed even faster, increasing inflation and unless they release something similar (in terms of gold/time rate) in new maps, nobody will farm new content. People is used to easy maps and im sure most of them wont give a f about new content if they can make more profit in Dm or EvG.

I could keep going and going but i guess you are starting to have an idea now. Maybe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Oh ye of little faith... Bless your

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly. - Morticia Adams

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehazee View Post
    I guess you didn't even think for one second before posting, ill try to explain.

What will happen when new gear comes around? They need to make this gear desirable and better than what we have, but how can you beat these latest stacking dmg procs tendency without nerfing what we currently have? Obvious answer is with same proc mechanics but higher increase on buffs...
    But if that's the way to do it, what situation will players find in maps? - They can release new content with very high difficulty level, so even having better procs, players will still find something challenging to run. But if this is the choice, it will make a enormous gap between players who have new gear, and the majority of ppl who doesn't, making content unplayable for them.
    And if we get better gear, also means that current maps like deep marsh and EvG will be farmed even faster, increasing inflation and unless they release something similar (in terms of gold/time rate) in new maps, nobody will farm new content. People is used to easy maps and im sure most of them wont give a f about new content if they can make more profit in Dm or EvG.

I could keep going and going but i guess you are starting to have an idea now. Maybe
    expansion hasn't been released yet but you've already commented on it, good job

Sent from my Axioo AX5 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Who cares about balance against ai

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Probs worst suggestion i ever read. -2147