Thread: This may open eyes. Cinco

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

Default This may open eyes. Cinco

Adding exp to quests made the game fun but ruined the multiplayer aspect to it while starting as a new player in the game.
    A new player can reach lv 70 in a day easily. Thats 6 levels off the current cap, you shouldn't be able to level that fast.
    The reason it breaks the multiplayer aspect is that many players rush level so therefore not many will be running the same map at the same time as you because they have completed it all in like 1 hour. They are now focused on the next maps. This is a multiplayer coop game for new players - not a solo. Meaning anytime you join a map at the correct level you should atleast have some people there with you in random. Not empty map for hours.
    For level 81 cap I ask that no exp will be given upon quest completion from level 76 to 81. You can still have the 81 badge for the first 10 and the main 81 banner- instead of some random colored banner with 2 chevrons it could be the lv 81 main banner [what I mean is we had a drill banner for players who hit 76 in a week.] Disable buying exp for expansion with plat.
    This will actually benefit many players since you will conatantly have a massive amount of players running maps at all times instead of "Oh I just did my dailies ok Im done for the day." We shouldn't rely on level 41 46 36 cap quests for exp to level at levels 71+.
    I ask you make expansion with lv 76-81 no exp from quests. If it plays good and keeps maps active a lot then I ask if possible you make it where if you are a new player then no quests give exp. Like the old days.
    If you have say a character lv 56 and decide to make an alt character then it allows all quests up to lv 56 to get exp on that alt and so on. At level 86 cap you can make 76-81 gain exp from quests again if you would like.

Onto the counter points.
    1 may say "New players won't be able to level from 76-81 without quests."
    Wrong. Actually since no one gains exp from quests they will all be running maps like crazy so any time a new player joins a map they got a full pt there running with them.
    1 might say "Leveling takes a long time."
    Duh its supposed to.
    I have high hopes that if no exp from quests was granted for 76-81 in expan that every end game map will be flooded with players.

Keep future events level met. Normal lv 76 event can be ranged 76-81. So if someone is 76 the map is 76. Lv 79 map 79.
    You guys worked very hard and long on this expansion. Make it worth its while, as in no one should be lv 81 in a week after expansion.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 03-20-2021 at 04:49 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Absolutely agree.

I was playing this game AQ3D and it took me like a month and a half to get to max lvl and when i finally did it i was so happy and proud of myself. Exactly like you said, every time i went to a map to farm xp there were People there and it was never boring. There quests give xp too but not that much, most xp i recieved was from mobs and bosses and it was so fun grinding.

Poslano sa mog VOG-L29 koristeći Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kolpertis_333 View Post
    Absolutely agree.

I was playing this game AQ3D and it took me like a month and a half to get to max lvl and when i finally did it i was so happy and proud of myself. Exactly like you said, every time i went to a map to farm xp there were People there and it was never boring. There quests give xp too but not that much, most xp i recieved was from mobs and bosses and it was so fun grinding.

took me 4 days. to max 31, also It involves daily quest exp, that can boost half of the bar.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Galthon View Post
    took me 4 days. to max 31, also It involves daily quest exp, that can boost half of the bar.
    When max lvl was 27 or 28 i dont remmeber which one it was story line of all maps would get you to like 25, before there were none of these eazy asf dailies like "kill 1 mob thats your lvl" that give 5k xp +, after 25 you had to grind xp in dages arena, also before each story line had like 1-2 dailies only and max they gave was like 1-2k xp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    502 Posts

On one hand I understand the point the op makes, I still disagree.

You might underestimate the amount of new players who would "flood the maps", only the devs can see if the influx of new players would justify this idea.

The inverse would be that your idea makes leveling hard and discourages new players from sticking around. It might be that devs see the ability to fast track ppl to end game is the way towards sustainability.

As I play PL (lv cap 110) I wonder if what I see there is just a vision of the future of AL. They don't have experience dailies there, and there's significantly less games to be found, especially on low levels (<76ish).

This is not a new game.
    Making things hard is something that appeals to some of us in dif ways (hc mode ex), but it might not be good for the games future.

What if it was just a mode (old school or somethings) that you could choose?
    Take the quest and you can't benefit from those dailies.
    As compensation and a reward give it a title, dif colored name, or vanity.
    Last edited by Stephencobear; 03-20-2021 at 06:55 PM.
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

Atleast just no exp from quests in lv 76 to 81. Over 1000 people are level 76, maps will be flooded for months. Lv 86 cap go back to allowing exp for quests lv 76-81.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Atleast just no exp from quests in lv 76 to 81. Over 1000 people are level 76, maps will be flooded for months. Lv 86 cap go back to allowing exp for quests lv 76-81.
    You may have illustrated a separate problem, that because maps generally have no wanted drops, the only reason to run them is to level up then wait for event.

What if maps had desirable drops so they stayed active even after when ppl are at cap!
    Suentous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    You may have illustrated a separate problem, that because maps generally have no wanted drops, the only reason to run them is to level up then wait for event.

What if maps had desirable drops so they stayed active even after when ppl are at cap!
    People ran maps in the past thousands of times only to level. Had no good drops back then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    502 Posts

People ran maps in the past thousands of times only to level. Had no good drops back then.

There were eggs we ran maps constantly for, not just to level.
    Crate farming was a thing back then, but now only elite dragon/puzzle.
    Also we had quests like rendtail,planar, glintstone, nekro, stampy, lightbearer, now just some house trophies.

If not for gold loot, the grinding I did in the past was more than now. Now it's events
    Last edited by Stephencobear; 03-20-2021 at 07:50 PM.
    Suentous

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

your idea if applied

new players with 100% move speed vs a vet with 300 to 600% move speed.

the game needs accessible solo content
    a new player or vet shouldnt have to rely on you or anyone to play "their game"
    only if its welcomed. having the choice is better then not having it.

i was going to write a lot of stuff but...yeah i rather not.
    and stephen made some great points.

what im about to post will probably get me in trouble but i hope i get a pass
    im not taking shots at no one. i appreciate the devs and what they do.

encryption your not a dev and neither am i.
    i do not know whats best for this game and neither do you.

ive made concept videos to share my ideas. what i base my concepts around are very over the top.
    i make the videos to make people think. only a few get it. theyre a lot deeper then whats on the surface.

now the thing that is probably going to get me in trouble. but my friend showed me this and i thought i should share

Last edited by Potofgreed; 07-18-2021 at 06:03 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Potofgreed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

Video won't get you introuble unless it has nudity etc.
    The no exp from quests for lv 76-81 would keep end game maps extremely flooded with people. People with low ms can keep up because you have to stop and kill mobs every 2 seconds. Its just boring having to rely on quests only to level up each day and any map you join being empty. I have 450ms and when running maps with people with 100ms they are able to keep up with me because I have to stop and kill enemies.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I fully agree with encrypt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Man finally someone’s spoke out my idea, I agree with encryption , how there’s that limit of getting XP each day doing the same old thing with the maps being so dead, if this carries on, yes the xp maps will be full for the first few weeks after expansion release, but after that time, it will be like any other map ( of course excluding (dm, evg ad other gold farming maps), plus it’s very predictable for us how the expansion is gonna work and what we need to do to obtain the new items which isn’t really as exciting as doing something new.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Video won't get you introuble unless it has nudity etc.
    The no exp from quests for lv 76-81 would keep end game maps extremely flooded with people. People with low ms can keep up because you have to stop and kill mobs every 2 seconds. Its just boring having to rely on quests only to level up each day and any map you join being empty. I have 450ms and when running maps with people with 100ms they are able to keep up with me because I have to stop and kill enemies.
    youre basically saying a new solo player with 0 knowledge of the game can get to level 70 in 1 day.
    can i ask where did you get your data from?

ill use this as a Example.
    if a new player leveled to 76 in a day would they quit the game? some would .
    but why?
    people play games for different reasons. some play for the story. some play to reach cap.
    some play to meet people .some play for game mechanics and depth .some play for finance.
    some look to compete .there is so many different type players .everyone looks for something different in a game.

you want to fix the flow in which people level so that more level with each other through out the game?
    what you want implemented is like huge stop sign that will basically cram everyone together at one point in the game.
    this would force them to level killing mobs at end game together.but what will happen to full xp gear set prices,xp pet prices,xp kits?
    what happens when a event becomes active?
    what happens when evg becomes active?what happens when dm becomes active?
    what will happen if geared players from lvl 76 dont join randoms?
    what will happen if geared players join randoms and leave until they find better geared players?
    what happens if players just level in hauntlet?

also if there isnt a huge gain at the end how many people will have the stomach for a slow grind?
    spirit gear is a great example of a slow grind without a significant gain.
    lets look at forgotten ruins the grind here is super slow. is the artifact actually worth the time invested?who actually does this quest?

example
    if 4 players in a team leveled to 76 or even 81 without opening pet eggs,locks,hotbars,inventory slots, craft slots,and etc.
    they wont be able to complete end game content. if these 4 players attempted to run maus,dm, and evg together it will be a terrible experience
    even if they had pets and 1 set of decent gear each.

they would still have a terrible experience and ill give you my assumption as to why.
    i genuinely believe the game is balanced around 5 things which is multiplayer, hard carrying ,pets,gear and gear swap.
    you can not complete content without the gear needed.

think about evg why do rogue and mage sit behind the wall? theyre basically being carried into higher waves no?
    the question you should be asking yourself is was it designed like this intentionally?
    the solo we have now is balanced around those 5 things.
    its not balanced around pure solo. sure people can get lb in solo evg but can they farm it consistently and make profit? with in a reasonable time?
    the reason why solo needs to be the main and not secondary is because no one should have to rely on others to play the game.
    it should be a choice.

level 76 cap is 684,520 xp
    imagine 81 cap being 100billion xp?
    you dont need to disable quest to apply something painful like that.
    " btw im exaggerating if you didnt notice"
    what your saying and what i just said isnt going to solve the issue.

quest xp is fine i dont believe it should be disabled because theyre boring.
    remember all these dead maps were once expansions. you and new players should appreciate going back and running those quest.
    a lot of work went into those towns and maps. if anything more should be added to those towns,maps and vendors.

if im wrong its fine ill accept it but i wont be replying lol i wrote enough.

with all that being said im looking forward to the next expansion

take care im out

P.O.G

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    502 Posts

I’ll just add the next cry thread that will be made if op idea is made:

It’s so unfair that older players were allowed to use the daily quests and we are not!
    They have the benefit of xp pets, hoarded xp kits, xp awakening gear, bla bla bla

Ps when is the next event or gate that I can use instead of grinding ...
    Suentous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

I disagree. You said that quests giving xp made the game fun, so why take away something that makes the game fun? Leveling up fast is designed that way because new players don't want to sit through obsolete content for hours while everyone else gets to enjoy the cool endgame stuff because that is not what makes the game fun. Taking away xp from quests will be especially detrimental to existing players that want to bring in new players to play with them so that they can also enjoy the endgame. It will also have the complete opposite effect and make older maps even more empty because nobody is farming those maps to complete quests that give them xp. Taking away xp from all quests will also render basically all of them useless. If matchmaking is an issue with older maps, then the way that it works in older maps needs to be broadened. If it is an issue with endgame maps, then the loot needs to be improved to give players a reason to farm those maps.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts

Won't make end game maps empty. You can't gain exp anywhere else except for end game maps when you are end game level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

I like how everyone says “oh a new player can reach level 70 in a day” but in reality, that’s an experienced player on a new character. An actual NEW player has NO knowledge*, NO plat for xp elixir, and NO one to help them. Now you want to make leveling even harder? Now onto the point of the thread, xp quests were literally made to help someone level. It’s a privilege that everyone has. And since those xp quests only give you so much xp in one day, the maps will still be full, just for a shorter amount of time just like mogera and fester, where people were constantly leveling in those maps
    Last edited by Kystone; 06-24-2021 at 01:38 AM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kystone For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kystone View Post
    I like how everyone says “oh a new player can reach level 70 in a day” but in reality, that’s an experienced player on a new character. An actual NEW player has NO access to ads, NO plat for xp elixir, and NO one to help them. Now you want to make leveling even harder? Now onto the point of the thread, xp quests were literally made to help someone level. It’s a privilege that everyone has. And since those xp quests only give you so much xp in one day, the maps will still be full, just for a shorter amount of time just like mogera and fester, where people were constantly leveling in those maps
    ok one last post.
    no one is reading my wall of text

i dont believe a new player with 0 knowledge of the game can get to lvl70-76 in a day i think thats is a lie.so i made a huge example of "what if they could"

even if they could theyll find a lot issues along the way.

thats why i said what happens when maps become active ?

i looked at this from a point of good and bad.

ky your right and i dont disagree with you
    Last edited by Potofgreed; 03-23-2021 at 08:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Default This may open eyes. Cinco

Arcane legends not getting milions new players each day ,so hard to keep all maps full . And u cant change that Even if mostly lvling would be on farm mobs . In my experience i get first cap 36 in more then month , after break i reach from 36 to 71 in same 2months ... now i reached 1-75lvl on hc in 16hours , what i want to say experience is benefit . And to reach 1-76 atm for newbie is not hard but takes time (where they can step into huge world of Arlor) . Daily is a simple tasks whitch giving huge exp for new player and no need be more then new fresh player . In my opinion this exp is balanced . I would make life easier for new players by giving 3x dmg on pve in first week or before reached 76lvl after create account bcs weapons from 71cap making so long doing daily fester mogera without boost , experience

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nexior; 03-24-2021 at 10:22 AM.
    ign: NEXPL