Quote Originally Posted by Ripper McGee View Post
2) Switching teams - one should not be able to switch teams. I did it earlier today, because I was the first player on my team and 4 others joined me against the sole player on the other team. Due to the faulty counting, it ended up being a 5 vs. 1 match, so I switched teams to help out. I shouldn't have to do that and I shouldn't be able to switch teams mid-match anyway! Furthermore, this leads to the possibility of being able to actually have a single-player match, which would be exploitable for raising CTF captures!
I disagree. One should most certainly be allowed to switch teams. That's about the only way to balance uneven teams for crying out loud.
If you want to restrict it then restrict it so that only jumps to teams with fewer players be allowed. Your point about you not needing to do it in the first place is a faulty premise, because in online games people come people go, no matter the incentives. After that you got two options start over or even the teams. In most circumstances the latter is the path of least resistance. And this currently is indeed a problem in many fights. In many cases I would be more than happy to even the teams, but I am unable to do so, because leaving and joining through the sanctuary seems to fail more often than succeed.

(perhaps it gets easier when most active CTF players get friended and rejoining their fights is thus possible, which is essentially a switch)

But I do agree with the parallel point you made about not letting people join teams with extra players already in said teams.