Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Team stacking and switching teams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    i nerd rage @ anything hypocritical :3
    There's a difference between being a hypocrite and recognizing a behavior of yours is incorrect and changing it.
    Guild Master of Blood, Bath and Beyond.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

One really major problem in forcing sides based on numbers is that it discourages organized team play.

There would be no real way to queue a team match to play along side your friends.

This would force pug play, which would never allow pvp to progress into anything advanced.

I definitely think a handicaping solution based on disporportioned team would be a better method for getting around this problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Pug play?
    Guild Master of Blood, Bath and Beyond.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

It's an MMO abbreviation for pick-up-group. Basically you are just teaming with who ever is playing for that given game.

Serious pvp is all about pre made groups, and coordinated teams. A good group of coordinated player will dominate a pug, even if that pug has good players...unless of course those guys are all good at team play...but if that's the case they probably played at a high level of coordinated team play any way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I really like the idea of handicapping the team with more players as an alternative and/or addition to penalizing players that drop out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nassar View Post
    There's a difference between being a hypocrite and recognizing a behavior of yours is incorrect and changing it.
    You're right, this was my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper McGee View Post
    I really like the idea of handicapping the team with more players as an alternative and/or addition to penalizing players that drop out.
    WRT penalizing players that drop out -- I feel it would only encourage players to afk inside a match. Maybe make them get auto booted after being afk for 2(?) minutes, or have respawn forced after 15(?) seconds. The death-they'll-get penalty could be a discouraging factor too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I dunno I go in for a bit of fun but tell ya what it pisses me off to no end to be the last one on the team and it's 5v1. What is even more annoying seeing ppl leave the team I'm on then comeback and join the other team b/c they are winning.....

WTF is the point to playing that sorta bull......

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aylilth View Post
    I dunno I go in for a bit of fun but tell ya what it pisses me off to no end to be the last one on the team and it's 5v1. What is even more annoying seeing ppl leave the team I'm on then comeback and join the other team b/c they are winning.....

WTF is the point to playing that sorta bull......
    That's why there should be a cool down for pre-maturely dropping a match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquehaaart View Post
    That's why there should be a cool down for pre-maturely dropping a match.
    Sounds good but till then I'm not about to ruin my stats b/c of idiots lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Today I played against someone who kept switching to the team with more players. He left the blue team then joined my team, saw more people on blue left and rejoined them. When we grouped up and killed him he had the nerve to call us noobs because we couldn't 1v1 him.

Word to the wise: Stay on your team kids.

Thanks Aaroniero Arruruerie for the awesome signature!
    Star Legends: Shaocalur, Vanished, Desolated
    Dark Legends: Vanished

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquehaaart:634087
    It's an MMO abbreviation for pick-up-group. Basically you are just teaming with who ever is playing for that given game.

Serious pvp is all about pre made groups, and coordinated teams. A good group of coordinated player will dominate a pug, even if that pug has good players...unless of course those guys are all good at team play...but if that's the case they probably played at a high level of coordinated team play any way.

I agree with you & this is exactly why I believe they should allow us to have the option of creating our own rooms to have a chance to play with the people we really want to play with. Or perhaps have the first player on each side be a "team captain" & have the options to invite whoever they want on their side only.... Hell maybe even have both! I'd also love these to be options with Guold vs Guild PvP if they ever implement it. (hint hint devs lol made a thread on that xD)

Point is, most players don't want to get stuck in a really bad PUG or be on a team against our friends (let alone guild mates) so we switch sides the first chance we get. I especially drop games or switch sides when I see players farming others for kills in CtF. Ignoring the flag captures entirely. Which is why I hope they limit the amount of kills a player can get per match in CtF & if no one has made any goals, then the game automatically resets. With DM out, there is no need for this to go on in CtF.