Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Money Making Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Post Money Making Guide

Introduction:

This is a Money Making guide, nothing special really, you just farm missions for pinks to sell on AH, but I found it to be extremely effective.

I got my Sentinel of Hades title (500K gold) and decided to share the main method I used to get the gold with others. I know people will argue that Flipping items and buying cheap, then selling high is better, but this is a more reliable method.

Also the further we are in the expansion - the cheaper all items get, because supply is raising and demand is falling. But as soon as new Expansion becomes available and the level cap is raised, the newly added items will begin to work in the same way and this guide can be used to get a lot of money quick.

The Guide:

Step 1: Get level 20. Don't waste money on epic gems when green gems are fine, I go 50/50 Att/Def. If you can afford, get the 50 Plat bundle, it's amazing! You don't have to respec as long as you have the Shadow Dance and Unholy Force, these abilities make it extremely easy to solo any mission even without Blood Packs, of course you still have a risk of dying but I consider dying a normal thing and slowly collect deaths to get the 500 deaths achievement. These are my stats by the way:

Name:  Stats.png
Views: 20559
Size:  141.6 KB

You can also Farm Missions if you are below level 20, there are even level 15-19 gems which are more expensive than their level 20 versions, just because no one ever farms them, you can use that to your advantage. However you will lose some fraction of gold from monster and chest drops, because those drops scale with level.

Step 2: Get Full Energy, and reserve an hour of your time to grind away in Dark Legends. With the energy system the most effecient way to grind money is to do 20 missions at a time, which takes about 60 minutes if you kill all mobs and get all chests. Lets do the math: 25 Starting Energy + 12 Energy in 60 Min + 20 from drops = 57 energy, almost 60, but sometimes you're slow and sometimes you're lucky.

I suspect that missions with higher number of monsters and chests drop more energy per run, so if you're purely after energy, try doing those missions instead. You can check the number of monsters and chests in the table below. I also think that monsters and chests both have the same chance of dropping energy, please let me know if you can confirm or disprove this.

Step 3: Hit the Auction House and look for the most expensive gem, or the gem that is missing, for example:

Here you can see that there are currently no Shadowgems of Assault on the Auction House(AH) So that means that the perfect mission for us is the 3rd mission of the 2nd campaign. At different times it's a different gem, seldom you would want to farm a weapon, but sometimes it's viable.

Step 4: Get some friends to come along, the drops are separate for all of you so you don't lose any money, and it's a lot more fun to grind together, you die less, you socialize, and also if you don't get a pink drop and your friend does - you are still satisfied. If you can't get anyone, or if you're a lone wolf - then go alone, it works perfectly fine.

Step 5: The Grind! Start the Solo Mission and Invite all your friends. When they enter, just go nuts! Kill the ranged first, save the 7th mob for Blood Frenzy(Thirst), try to break all the benches, lamps, chimneys, antennas - they spawn ghosts, ghosts drop pinks. Clear the treasure room first. When you got your Blood Frenzy, but you feel that you won't be able to get another before the boss, just rush to the boss and activate your Unholy Blessing on the way, Use Charged Shadow Dance on the boss followed by Charged Unholy Force, that will place a bleed effect and he will drop dead in seconds, kill off the remaining mobs and open the rest of the chests and start over. That should take 3 minutes, even when soloing.

Do the same mission 19 more times, if you were running with friends, chances are high that after 20 missions at least one of you got a pink gem. But even without a pink gem you still gonna get 13k pure gold each after selling all your trash.

Step 6: Sell the Gem on AH! This can be tricky, first of all you need to set a duration, I usually go for 11 hours. I know that I will log in at least twice a day to check on it, so 11 hours is the best time for me. If you're the only one selling the gem, make it something high but not too high, like 50K, if there's another guy selling, undercut him by 5%, so if he has his gem for 50K make your gem 48K, or 47999 is what I like to put. If he undercuts you, you undercut him and so on. If he sold his first, cancel the auction and make it 50K again. Remember that cancelling doesn't return your deposit, so do it wisely. And most of you guys have only 1 auction slot, so selling the gem is very important, otherwise you'll be sitting on 10 pinks trying to sell 1 at a time.

Basically using this method you will be making 15-40k per hour, and each of your friends will be doing the same, if they are with you, make sure to always wait for them, they don't get any drops if they're away, and will run out of energy faster than you if they won't get energy drops.

P.S. I Can't seem to disable this image showing for the 2nd time below (vvv). Does anyone know how to make it disappear?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Irony; 04-25-2012 at 10:16 AM.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Irony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I've also compiled a table that shows amount of Monsters(M), Chests(C) and Breakables(B) in each mission, and calculates the Gold Per Run(GPR) and Gold Per Hour(GPH) for a specific mission, taking into account the AH Price of the pink drop, monster bounty, completion bonus, chests, trash loot, breakable items and ghosts. Only the first 4 campaigns are done, but I'll keep updating it.

Name:  BestPrice.png
Views: 16428
Size:  52.3 KB
    M, C, B values are only accurate until 4-4, I haven't counted them beyond that point, and I don't know the drops for the last few missions cause I don't have those missions myself yet.

Here is the link to the web version, you can change the current AH Price, and you can also correct some numbers if they are wrong, but try not to change too much, if the table you opened appears to be messy and it doesn't work, try viewing another version of the same table below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...jAyQnMwRzNLVGc

LEGEND:
    1-1 - First Campaign, First 3D Mission
    M - Amount of Monsters in a mission - 4.3 Gold per monster (trash drops included)
    C - Amount of Chests in a mission - 31 Gold per chest (trash drops included) 0.0005 chance of dropping pink
    B - Breakables - 0.0005 chance to drop pink
    115 g added as raw bonus for killing boss and completing mission (trash included)

W - Weapon // R - Red Gem // P - Purple Gem // B - Blue Gem // O - Orange
    ATT - Assault // DEF - Protection // HP - Vitality

Price - AH Price of the cheapest Item on AH
    GPR - Average Gold per run
    GPH - simply GPR multiplied by 20

In the screenshot I've selected the Shadowgem of Assault mission to show that if you count in all the factors the mission will give you 40k in an hour on average. A very good mission to start farming. Also if you're not after money, but rather after experience, maybe you should grind a mission with most chests and monsters to have the best energy drop chance, or maybe you just want any weapon of assault, then maybe you should farm the mission with the most breakables to have the best chance for a ghost.
    Last edited by Irony; 04-25-2012 at 09:32 AM.

4. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Irony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Name:  BestPrice.png
Views: 16428
Size:  52.3 KB

1-1 - First Campaign, First 3D Mission
    M - Amount of Monsters in a mission - 4.3 Gold per monster (trash drops included)
    C - Amount of Chests in a mission - 31 Gold per chest (trash drops included) 0.0005 chance of dropping pink
    B - Breakables - 0.0005 chance to drop pink
    115 g added as raw bonus for killing boss and completing mission (trash included)

W - Weapon
    R - Red Gem
    P - Purple Gem
    B - Blue Gem
    O - Orange

ATT - Assault
    DEF - Protection
    HP - Vitality

Price - AH Price of the cheapest Item on AH
    GPR - Averege Gold per run
    GPH - simply GPR multiplied by 20
    wat
    Shinrokuro - 16 Twink Warrior..........Takezaki - 26 Warrior

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Great job. I assume your gold per run includes the auction value times the chance of getting the item. It would be nice to include numbers without this so it will be more future-proof since that will of course fluctuate (in fact, just by posting this will influence the prices)

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Finally, a real guide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No leap or vermin swarm ? O.o are the first two powers really that effective :0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warpath:630023
    No leap or vermin swarm ? O.o are the first two powers really that effective :0
    I dont like leap cuz of low range

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Doesnt unholy force have the same range ? I don't really pay attention. just kinda hack and slash everything lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    Finally, a real guide.
    I thought that to. I clicked on it at first thinkin oh god heres another bad thread and I was suprised. Good job! This made me want DL even more
    INDUBITABLY:banana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

It's reminiscent of a physiological guide, which is hard because he'd break down every single detail to a science, but this guy's doing it right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Nice guide. I might actually try farming. : O
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

*Shrug* I've been soloing efficiently since the start and although I haven't saved up 500k yet I have made far more than that in total. I've made enough to buy some of the more expensive outfits as well as all pink protection gems and wep. Solo farming for me is incredibly simple. Just get your defense up to about 200, gather a bunch of mobs, charge and release Leap, feed, rinse and repeat throughout the dungeon. On the last dungeon "A Fallen Angel" I average 500-700 gold per run in addition to whatever loot drops. I get 2-3 pink drops every 4 hours or so and I put them up on the auction to sell quickly. Since I pretty much have bought everything I want I'll be working on the 500k achievement now. It should only take a couple days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

im actually just doing random runs on a map if it has a 2.3% of pink drop rate then sell the pink at auction, but now w/ the use of ur table i believe i cn do the most for my energy.
    tyvm and good thread my friend
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Play as if it's your last.
    Because in the End, You will face Judgement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Nice job! I like this a lot.

I still haven't gotten a pink drop yet and i'm at 5k kills, probably because a few people get a lot of drops. Lol!

Thanks for sharing, well done!

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I gotta say one thing about your prices. I've been watching the auction house since the game launched and level 20 legendary gems don't sell for anywhere near what you have them at. In fact the protection and assault gems sit unclaimed all day at 35k-40k, and the prices are going way down. I've seen them up for as little as 15k just yesterday. All in all a good guide though for at least showing where the different gems drop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Yeah I do include the chance in the formula, I also add 0.0005% for each chest and each breakable, cause they all spawn ghosts with a 2.3% chance (according to my data) and I just assume that they have the same loot table as the boss giving a total of 0.0005% chance per chest or about 1% additional drop chance per mission, bringing the finla chance of getting a pink from a mission to be 3-3.5%

In terms of prices, they will get lower and lower no doubth, and the potential gold per hour will get less and less as more people begin doing that same thing. But when we get new level 30 items with new missions and the new demand for those items, this starts to be a very effective money making method.

As for the best skills, best spec, best strat and best stats, they really don't matter that much, it's really not that hard to complete any mission in 3 minutes, especially with your friends, if you complete it faster then you just gonna have to wait in the end for your energy to regen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wasn't asking for the best build lol I was curious if those 2 spells are that effective to be using in the higher levels. I tried using them on my 15 and died almost instantly. ;/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

They must be charged and be used one after another, then you can just run behind a wall or something, the boss will die from bleed. If it doesn't bleed you're doing something wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Nice guide , But usually i just make 16k per hour randomly doing missions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

15k-40k per hour? Jeeze time to start farming!