Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Post Mission Experience Data - A Guide

This guide is obsolete.
    Check out this guide instead: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...akdown-A-Guide
    -----------------------------------

Basically, I wanted to know how much experience I could expect per point of energy. I've made a spreadsheet with the results of every mission, but you can see the top performers in this list:

12.5 - Red Light District - Investigate Werewolf Situation (*43.75 gold per energy)
    11.67- Marshwood - Locate the Source (*50 gold per energy)
    10.83- Marshwood - Read Ancient Diary (*50 gold per energy)
    9.67 - Marshwood - Feed on the Victims (*50 gold per energy, 116.0/174.0 exp/hour)
    9.00 - Red Light District - Scout Ghoul Hangout
    8.75 - Gallows Alley Slum - Find Shelter From The Sun (*43.75 gold per energy)
    8.75 - Gallows Alley Slum - Rescue Vampire (*41.25 gold per energy)
    8.75 - Gallows Alley Slum - Ambush Thugs (*41.25 gold per energy)
    8.75 - Downtown Suburbs - Trick the CPD (*43.75 gold per energy)
    8.75 - The Outskirts - Search McCandless' Remains
    8.40 - Red Light District - Breach the Lord's Mansion
    8.36 - Dark Hollow - Crack the Mansion Safe
    8.36 - Gallows Alley Slum - Feed on Lookouts
    7.50 - Downtown Suburbs - Find the Traitor CPD (*41.25 gold per energy)
    7.50 - Downtown Suburbs - Stalk the Werewolves (*41.25 gold per energy)
    7.36 - Dark Hollow - Breach Hunter Hideout
    7.34 - Red Light District - Visit Lee's Flat (*84.77/254.32 exp/hour)
    7.34 - Red Light District - Sniff Out Werewolves (*84.77/254.32 exp/hour)
    7.00 - Market Subway - Track the Horde
    6.69 - The Outskirts - Research Marcella Dupree
    6.47 - Red Light District - Visit the Vampire Lord (*74.77/230.44 exp/hour)
    6.47 - Red Light District - Find the Vampire Lord (*74.77/230.44 exp/hour)
    6.38 - Marshwood - Scout the Grounds
    6.38 - Marshwood - Enter Surgery Facility
    6.38 - Marshwood - Examine Warlock
    6.38 - Marshwood - Search the Asylum
    6.36 - Downtown Suburbs - Observe From Above
    6.09 - Marshwood - Enter the Asylum
    6.09 - Marshwood - Track the Wailing
    6.09 - Marshwood - Glamour the Preacher
    6.00 - The Outskirts - Breach Cult Checkpoint
    6.00 - Market Subway - Breach Magic Barrier

2 Dark Hollow
    3 The Outskirts
    2 Market Subway
    4 Downtown Suburbs
    4 Gallows Alley Slum
    7 Red Light District
    10 Marshwood

Those numbers are the average you would net given the percentage chance you'll get bonus energy or bonus experience in the mission (if it's available.)

Obviously, I will update this with new missions as I reach them, but that's the list for the ones I can reach. (Update: using Shakespeare's numbers, I've added ones I haven't reached and will verify as I get to them.)

If you'd like to see the full data, here's the link:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nljVjRSZDdzdlE

The third sheet is just my calculations to make it easy to use the first sheet. If you are interested in how I'm coming up with the number feel free to take a look at that, but here's the explanation of what you see on the first sheet which is labeled "experience details":

Mission - This is pretty straightforward. This is the mission name including which campaign it appears in. I did not bother with the 3D missions, only the cutscene missions, since those ones are their own thing and pretty similar one to another and require more active play.

Requirements for Mission - This is also pretty straightforward. How much energy does the mission cost, how much experience are you guaranteed to get, and how long will it take (in hours:minutes:seconds).

Experience Per Energy - The amount of experience you get for each point of energy by default is what you are guaranteed to receive if you have no bonuses. The average takes into account how likely you are to get some of your energy back or earn extra experience. Buffs and gold are ignored. If the number is red, then you get more than 7 experience per point of energy. If it's blue, then you get more than 5 experience per point of energy.

Max Runs Per Hour - How many times could you run this (without platinum) in one hour? Limiters are how long the mission takes, and how much energy it costs, assuming you start with a full energy bar and don't do any other missions and run the mission as soon as possible once you complete it or get enough energy to run it again. Not very realistic situation, but that's what it shows.

Experience Per Hour - Given the criteria above, it tells you how much experience you can make from this mission by concentrating on it for an hour. For those that take more than an hour then obviously you are limited to what fraction of it finishes in that hour. For those that you can run more than once per hour, you're limited by the energy and time required. The default is how much you'd get with no bonuses, the average is how much you'd earn with bonus energy/experience taken into account.

Experience Per 100 Energy - In this case, for every 100 energy you spend, you can see how long it would take you to blow through 100 energy on that mission and how much you could expect to earn in experience. The default again is how much you'd get w/no bonuses, and the the average takes into account bonus and experience drops.

Obviously, in all cases where I use averages, those aren't guaranteed, but in a large sample should be pretty representative.

The second sheet I have added thanks to Shakespeare's data and that lists the same fields as above except that it deals with gold per energy rather than experience, if that's what you are interested in.

If there is an orange background on a field, it means that I haven't personally reached that area yet so I don't know if the numbers are accurate or not yet, just going on what I was told. As of right now, it also means that there's no average return since I don't know about what bonuses are available. I'll fill those in and add those to the top of this list up above as I reach each mission personally.

Hope that's helpful to you all.
    Last edited by Websterfatu; 07-02-2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Adding Last Marshwood Missions

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Websterfatu For This Useful Post: