Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mission Experience Data - A Guide

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

The 6en/40xp missions produce the fastest xp gain in ay given time cycle, with the exception of the MW instants played in the first hour with a minimum of a 24/25 bar.

Although, a better xp gain to play the first 25 points in the 12 and 8 hour long bakes, and play the 6en/40xp missions on a 12 hour cycle, once every hour. In any case, you have 2 hours and 5 minutes before your meter coasts at 25 eng, from a zero state. So you don't have play every hour, and the beauty is that you can play them in tandem. Which gives more flexibility, and it only comes down to not letting the meter coast at 25.
    Last edited by Blaquehaaart; 05-01-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

If you want to log in every 45 minutes to repeat one task, go right ahead.

You've missed my point. I am designing a way to both farm AND PLAY. My system works for my style of play. I'm not going to log in that much for just one action. I am going to log in, do several actions, and run some 3D zones. Otherwise, I'd stop playing altogether.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Both are valid methods, and I'm providing the numbers here so that people can figure out what they want to do w/o having to go through every mission and figure out the numbers themselves. So...please keep updating your strategies, bear in mind that not everybody has reached Marshwood yet, and let me know if I've got any more errors in my own numbers to make sure that the spreadsheet is at least accurate.

By the way, I'm now up to the last long bake before I reach the end of Marshwood, so I'll have every mission as of tomorrow morning after I wake up. Waiting on a 12 hour now (Read Ancient Diary)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Websterfatu View Post
    Both are valid methods, and I'm providing the numbers here so that people can figure out what they want to do w/o having to go through every mission and figure out the numbers themselves. So...please keep updating your strategies, bear in mind that not everybody has reached Marshwood yet, and let me know if I've got any more errors in my own numbers to make sure that the spreadsheet is at least accurate.

By the way, I'm now up to the last long bake before I reach the end of Marshwood, so I'll have every mission as of tomorrow morning after I wake up. Waiting on a 12 hour now (Read Ancient Diary)
    If people want to couple playble missions with fast energy gains the 6en/40xp missions will still be the best suplement for the fastest energy gain. Also, it will give you extrs plays because you can play it more in any give time cycle than the 9en instants.

If someone just wants to play for fun, then maximizing xp doesn't matter. However, the point of number crunching this in a leveling context is to maximize xp. If maximizing gold is the priority after turning 21, then observe from above is still the best gold accumulator. Although, it won't match the gold acquired through the playable missions.

Never the less, maximizing xp gain is not difficult. If you want to make xp fast, play the 6en/40xp every hour. You don't have juggle long bakes and fit in instant missions. Just don't let your energy bar coast at 25/25 and zero out your meter with the 6en/40xp missions, it really is that simple.

You can play the 6en/40xp missions more often as well, which will improve you chances of getting bonus xp, gold, and energy.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    If you want to log in every 45 minutes to repeat one task, go right ahead.

You've missed my point. I am designing a way to both farm AND PLAY. My system works for my style of play. I'm not going to log in that much for just one action. I am going to log in, do several actions, and run some 3D zones. Otherwise, I'd stop playing altogether.
    The 6en/40xp have a 10 minute cool down, you can do playable missions between the cool downs. Also, there are two of them, so you have flexibility in how you play them.

If you want to play how you want that's fine, however, just keep in mind that you won't be maximizing xp gain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I can see how it's working for you to do just one action and make some runs. But my way you get a better chance to make your runs on buffs.

Your way is probably great for your style of play, Blaque. Do you actually do it that way? One or two actions baking while running in zones? It seems like it would take an hour to refresh that energy.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I can see how it's working for you to do just one action and make some runs. But my way you get a better chance to make your runs on buffs.

Your way is probably great for your style of play, Blaque. Do you actually do it that way? One or two actions baking while running in zones? It seems like it would take an hour to refresh that energy.
    I'm a pvper. I just drop my points in the 6en missions between matches.

When I leveled, I just dumped points toward progression, but yes, I did observe and beyond when I got stuck at the long bakes, then did the 6en when I got them. My first priority was progression through the storyline, though.

Now I just play the 5 mid bakes, that I number crunched to maximize the gain from the initial 25/25, to clear my meter in the morning. Then I play a 12 hour cycle according to those bakes, and check in between every 1-2 hours. Although, I get a lot of bonus xp and energy, so I'll play that off as well. For the most part I play both the 6en games at once...not always though.

I let my meter coast form time to time, and I'm not that hard core about...I think I let it coast all weekend. Never the less, even with minimal play I can yield about 2k xp with bonuses and energy gain, on a 12 hour cycle, with not much in-game time at all.

Griding out 21 is tedious, so I want to do it as quickly and easily as possible, which is why I just number crunched the most efficient solution to that, which luckly is simply spaming the 6en missions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I've finished entering data for all of the campaigns. Let me know if I missed anything or have any typos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Thanks for all your work!! I started compiling all this data and got to the 4th campaign and found this!

I noticed that after todays update some of the bake times have changed drastically.

In Gallows Alley Slum for example: feed on lookouts is now only 15:00. Ambush Thugs is only 30:00.
    YYZBird-115, YYZBear-115, YYZMage-115

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YYZ???? View Post
    Thanks for all your work!! I started compiling all this data and got to the 4th campaign and found this!

I noticed that after todays update some of the bake times have changed drastically.

In Gallows Alley Slum for example: feed on lookouts is now only 15:00. Ambush Thugs is only 30:00.
    I'll have new data in about an hour. The energy, xp, gp values haven't changed much, so the difference almost entirely time. It does affect my rotations. All of the 9 hour tasks are now 30 minutes, and since they had awesome ratios, the simple fact is that they take over n

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

woow all so confusing but i still love it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

NEW DATA Sorted by experience divided by energy

Conclusion: also copied over my earlier conclusions...

Marshwood 7 - Read Ancient Diary 6/65/300 1:00
    Marshwood 3 - Feed on Victims 6/58/300 0:20
    Redlight 9 - Scout Ghoul Hangout 5/45/170 1:00
    Gallows 4 - Ambush Thugs 4/35/165 0:30
    (Gallows 10 - Rescue Vampires 4/35/165 0:30) or 1 run... 10/25/variable

238 XP/1100 GP -or- 213 XP/935 GP and drops

Last edited by Snakespeare; 05-03-2012 at 11:39 AM.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Very awesome snake!

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Ooh, cool! Hadn't noticed the time changes yet, only logged in once quickly after the update. Will go through and make updates to the spreadsheet tomorrow morning.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Blaque, again, that's not true. Your 6 energy mission is simply not the most efficient method.

You get more XP and GP by this method of farming. 80 xp per hour, you say? I'm talking 230-ish XP per two hours. It's all about patience. After 6 hours (three cycles), I've made 700 XP and you've made 480 (six cycles).

However, each person has to make his own best method and there is probably a reason why this works for you. But I work all day. I need to exhaust my energy and let it refresh over the full cycle to reduce the number of times I go on DL.
    Show me mathematically how this is done. Please list the missions and the method. I don't believe it can be done starting from a zeroed out meter. I don't even believe it can be done with a meter starting at 25/25.

The playable missions 3en/10xp from 25/25 can be done 8 times in the initial burn down, which is 80xp, then if you were to play from a zeroed out meter the recharge time would be 15 minutes, in which a 6 hour period you can play the missions 24 times, giving you 240xp. 80xp from the initial 25/25 meter added to the 240xp made from the 6 hours of grinding is 320xp total...which equals 53xp per hour. You'd have to generate 480xp over a 6 hour period to make 80xp per hour, which is an additional 160xp, which means you would have to generate another 48 bonus energy from the missions to make that possible, and you'd have to play the out the additional 16 mission in that 6 hour time frame...that's 40 runs in 6 hours.

Never the less, there are better gaining 6en non-playable missions now. The best xp gain, with no bonus factored in, after the update is Read Ancient Diary and Feed on Victims played in tandem, which will give 738xp if played every hour for 6 hours. They are 6en/65xp/60min and 68en/58xp/20min. 12 points of energy is charged in 1 hour which means each can be played together once every hour. Read Ancient Diary the 6en/65xp/60min mission will make 390xp (65xp*6 hours) and Feed on Victims the 68en/58xp/20min will make 348xp (58xp*6 hours) which equals 738 xp total, which is 123xp per hour.

This is the new max gaining missions. They have a synergistic relationship and must be played together to exploit this gain.

Also, keep in mind both these missions have the chance to produce bonus xp and bonus energy...which and increase the earning significantly.

Keep in mind, the time it takes to log in on a phone and play these missions are less than a minute each...but lets just say a minute for arguments sake. I play each mission once an hour for 6 hours, that is a total of 6 minutes...that is 123xp per minute of play ( also this is played from a meter start from zero. Compared to grinding 320xp for 6 straight hours with the first hour accomplished with a meter starting from 25 energy. That would be 0.89xp per minute of play.

I can certainly say that playing two 6en missions in tandam for a few minutes spread over the span of a few hours is far more efficient and simple than grinding. However, you are correct to say that it will make more gold...but I never argued that.
    Last edited by Blaquehaaart; 05-04-2012 at 04:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I have updated the spreadsheet to use all of the new numbers - not only were timers updated, but in a few cases so were experience and gold. Energy didn't change for any of them however.

My list on the front page is now up to date w/the new numbers for anything worth 6 experience per energy and above. A few did move around but not a lot of them.

The spreadsheet itself should be accurate - let me know if you notice anything that's off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquehaaart View Post
    I don't believe it can be done starting from a zeroed out meter.
    Clearly you aren't understanding me. I never said anything about zeroed meter. We are actually saying the same thing only you start each time by telling us we're wrong. And all that means is that you don't understand my posts.

Every two hours and ten minutes, you get 25 energy to spend. Every two hours and ten minutes, spend the energy on these missions.

Marshwood 7 - Read Ancient Diary 6/65/300 1:00
    Marshwood 3 - Feed on Victims 6/58/300 0:20
    Redlight 9 - Scout Ghoul Hangout 5/45/170 1:00
    Gallows 4 - Ambush Thugs 4/35/165 0:30
    Gallows 10 - Rescue Vampires 4/35/165 0:30

This gets you 238 xp every two hours and ten minutes. Do it five times, you get over 1K xp.
    And then you should wait two hours and ten minutes, then do it again.

Am I still being unclear? I don't know how I can be more clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaquehaaart View Post
    The best xp gain, with no bonus factored in, after the update is Read Ancient Diary and Feed on Victims played in tandem, which will give 738xp if played every hour for 6 hours. They are 6en/65xp/60min and 68en/58xp/20min. 12 points of energy is charged in 1 hour which means each can be played together once every hour. Read Ancient Diary the 6en/65xp/60min mission will make 390xp (65xp*6 hours) and *Feed on Victims the 68en/58xp/20min will make 348xp (58xp*6 hours) which equals 738 xp total, which is 123xp per hour.
    Also, I posted about Read Ancient Diaries and Feed on Victims before you said you didn't understand me, so obviously you didn't.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 05-11-2012 at 08:10 AM.