Thread: Mage's Gun

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default Mage's Gun

Do anyone know what is the benefit of a gun? I am curious about gun since my mage always use a staff, and i started to use a gun then i found that gun has lower damage and dps from a staff. Does it has something good?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Achates View Post
    Do anyone know what is the benefit of a gun? I am curious about gun since my mage always use a staff, and i started to use a gun then i found that gun has lower damage and dps from a staff. Does it has something good?
    All I can think of is it's obviously a single target, though gun is very good for single target which means it can deal a higher amount of DoT or DMG to bosses.

And staff can deal a AoE damage to large amount of mobs.

In short Gun for bosses, to deal higher dmg to a single target, and Staff is the other way around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Use both +hot bars , first step proc staff on boss then quick change for gun to make ridiculous dmg , or another way find dot skratch gun proc then quick swap for staff

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
    ign: NEXPL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Achates View Post
    Gun on it's on is useless at higher levels. To really maximise the effectiveness, you'll need skratch staff, ebon armor, abyssal armor, warlock artifact, interred set 10-15% stat and 100%+ boss damage. That's the bare minimum, anything outside of that makes the skratch gun a paperweight at end game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

All of the above items aren't 100% necessary, it helps. However i would recommend ebon armor to start and mire guard items with boss damage/int awakes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evilmorty View Post
    Gun on it's on is useless at higher levels. To really maximise the effectiveness, you'll need skratch staff, ebon armor, abyssal armor, warlock artifact, interred set 10-15% stat and 100%+ boss damage. That's the bare minimum, anything outside of that makes the skratch gun a paperweight at end game.
    Boss damage is overestimated on mage/warrior. You can have 200% boss dmg, doesn't matter if you dont trigger procs quick.

Personally i wouldn't recommend guns as main weapon from a pve perspective, its secondary (in combination with staffs or alone, depending on situation).

I forgot exact date but guns were buffed around cap46 (bad memory) and it deals x2 dmg on auto attack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evilmorty View Post
    Its trash talk , awakens didnt do as much like fast triggering and luck proc using both weapons ... more possible proc gears i just making more dmg , awakens is only for flex/lb orrick/hydra

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk
    ign: NEXPL

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Okay, thanks. I will buy a staff back