Thread: General Dark Legends FAQ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Default General Dark Legends FAQ

For help and more FAQ's and Answers, visit the Spacetime Studios Support Portal at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

What is Dark Legends: The Vampire Nation Rises?

Dark Legends is a ground-breaking and unique Mobile Vampire themed MMORPG, 'massively-multiplayer online role-playing game' where you can join thousands of players from around the world. Play with friends and make new friends online. Go to the "Sanctuary"- a club - in Carvina. Surrounded by zombies, werewolves, criminals, police, demons, and controled by opportunists... its the sort of place where a dark hero - like YOU - can find a lot of action and earn a LOT of gold.

What is an MMORPG?

MMORPG stands for "massively-multiplayer online role-playing game." In an MMORPG, thousands of players exist in the same game world at the same time. This creates an incredibly rich and active environment in which interesting things are constantly taking place.

Is there a monthly fee to play the game?

No, there is no subscription required to play Dark Legends. There are small micro-transactions to access optional later game content and optain accessories and items for your characters.

Why are there micro-transactions for optional Dark Legends content?

Micro-transactions are used to support the costs accociated with high-quality levels of service, support, and ongoing content creation that go into Dark Legends.

Are there versions of Dark Legends for Mac and PC?

Yes, there are clients for Mac/PC- http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...chrome-browser

Can I use my Dark Legends account across multiple devices

Yes, you can play Dark Legends on the same account with all of your friends on iPod/iPad/iPhone and many Android devices. Register your account and use the same e-mail and password to log into your account on whatever device you are playing on.

I'm experencing lag when playing Dark Legends, what should I do?

A high ping is indictive of an unstable internet connection. First, try just playing on a 3G connection. If you don't have a problem, and you do with wifi, try another internet connection (friends house, coffee shop, ect.) to isolate the problem.

We compared devices, ran a few tests, and determined that any one of the following could interrupt your network connection to Dark Legends thereby affecting game play:
    • Email push enabled
    • Push notification enabled
    • Other applications that require network access (eg. internet music streaming)
    • Other applications running simultaneusly
    • Poor network connection
    • Incorrectly configured router if playing over wifi

With 1-4 disabled, there were no lag spikes when playing on devices that had them previously, 3G or wifi.

I need to change my Emails Address, what can I do?

You can change your email address in game by going to My Account | Modify Account on the first screen you see after launching the application.

I lost my password! Help!

You can recover your password with Forgot Password button right of the log in screen.

Why can't I purchase Platinum?

Android Users-some mobile browers do not work correctly when attempting to purchase Platinum. If this is the case for you we recommed trying from a PC.
    • Navigate to http://store.spacetimestudios.com/WebStore/Store.jsp
    • Enter your Dark Legends email address and password when starting. Then your Google Checkout, PayPal, or Amazon username/password when purchasing.

I'm getting some weird Sandbox Error, What can I do?

The following thread covers this issue- http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...re-is-solution

Some guy just swindled me in trade. Will you punish him and give me my stuff back?

We don't arbitrate trade disputes. The confirm button is there to make sure you agree to what you are receiving in secure trade.

I'm not getting my verification email and I want to play? Can you help?

Some email providers block the verification email. Send an email from the email address you use to log in the game with to support@spacetimestudios.com
    See this link for more info: coming asap

I'm having trouble installing or updating Dark Legends on my Android device. What's wrong?

First try restarting your device. A clean restart can sometimes be all you need.

Second, make sure you have enough free space on your device to download and uodate the app.

If the above doesn't work or isn't an issue, then there maybe a problem with your Market app or installation on your SD card. Try the following:
    • Uninstall Dark Legends
    • Unmount SD card
    • Clear your Marketplace cache and data in your Applications Manager
    • Install Dark Legends
    • Remount the SD card
    • Then move Dark Legends back to the SD card (if you want)

Some devices fail to install large apps directly to the SD card.

Alternatly

Find the .android_secure directory on the SD card and remove the 'smdl2tmpl.asec' file. You can either do this by mounting the SD card on a computer, or with a file manager app.

Dark Legends crashes on my Android device?

First restart your device. If that doesn't help, try clearing your Dark Legends data in your Applications Manager. If that doesn't help you should reinstall.
    • Uninstall Dark Legends
    • Clearing your Marketplace cache and data in your Applications Manager
    • Download and install Dark Legends app

When I try to log in I get a message telling me my password is wrong, but I checked and its right. What should I do?

We have found, in most cases, this is due to Android Users not hitting enter/done after entering their information. Instead they use close keyboard button by mistake.

How do I add another player to my friends?

When you add a friend they have to accept the request from the Requests tab on the Friend Menu. This request can take a few moments to show up in some cases.
    Last edited by Commanderkeen; 04-30-2012 at 02:06 AM. Reason: added links

AL: Generalzod

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Commanderkeen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Update: added links.

AL: Generalzod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in