Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guild Recruitment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    Yeah acceptable perhaps putting a request button on lb itself is going to far with it.

In the 7+ years I've had my guide I've never had/held any sort of recruitment contents or recruitment drives (besides other guilds holding them and messaging my members or even myself to join which is something I'm not a fan of personally aways) but I can accept this is how others choose to do things and that's fine.

Just because I might not be a fan of the idea or dislike it, I won't close my eyes to its benefits. Being someone whos online a lot I literally will get a pm daily from someone asking to join to which myself or my limited number of officers/recruiters aren't always able to respond

Why having such a feature available is such a good idea and I'm sure to be welcomed also by others and making it an option to have on or off (a bit like the battleground requests) would be an overall improvement to the general "quality of life".

Could also not have the friends request feature or list, could say it would encourage people to be more active in towns instead of just seeing if friends are online and only messaging them... but again its a "quality of life" feature that's there and free for us to choose to use it or not.

Just because you might personally not see any use from it, it's not to say others won't

As I mentioned above, if its a feature that is implemented so the guild master can choose to have it on or off (like battleground requests) then you won't need to worry about any additional work for your officers.

Plus if its done so a recruiter can also be the one to accept the requests made, it will give the recruiter rank a bit more depth and meaning which would be an added bonus as the current guild ranking system is a bit outdated and "meh" which could do with improvements (but that topic is another matter of discussion all together)

1 <3
    I never said i would not like or that it would be useless, ofc it would be a "quality of life" upgrade, as i said in post before i would personaly like the idea, BUT i think it would kind of damage the dynamic of this social part of the game for all the reason i said in previous post.

And of course i might be wrong but i think the long term effect must be think of thoroughly before being add.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

What social part of the game? “Hey can i join your guild?” “Sure” *invites*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    I never said i would not like or that it would be useless, ofc it would be a "quality of life" upgrade, as i said in post before i would personaly like the idea, BUT i think it would kind of damage the dynamic of this social part of the game for all the reason i said in previous post.

And of course i might be wrong but i think the long term effect must be think of thoroughly before being add.
    Fair enough sorry I implied you didn't like the idea, as you did post you did like the idea.

Yeah cannot see this damaging the social aspect even in the long run, it simply would enhance it for reasons already mentioned

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

-1 this is not a manga, anime or anything like that

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Torally right pat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I'm against this cause if we automate this process it will remove the social aspect of it, the way it is now force everyone to go in town, engage convo and/or run with people before asking them to join guild etc..

If we automate this, everyone will automatically apply for top guild and will left smallest guild with even less new recruit,
    and also it will completely remove the purpose of the recruiter.

Sometimes faster and easier is not a good thing ;D
    If people want to join top guilds, they will. You can't force them to stay.

Anyone who meets the requirements always chooses to apply for the top guilds, small guilds only have those players who are new.

If these new players get good stats and start meeting req for top guilds, then only it's upto their opinion of the guild, if they like, they'll stay. Otherwise they'll move on.

Peace.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Yes it is true in many case but then the recruiter would be obsolete, no more recruiting event, and ppl would only apply in guild that are on lb?
    or there would be a list of all the guild in the game?

both way i can see a problem here
    Because it is already obsolete lmao, Guild nowadays only invite a user if they meet the certain requirements. We cannot control the user's end regardless you invite him or not. If he wants to join your guild he will.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AlfineMahesa View Post
    -1 this is not a manga, anime or anything like that

Wait what? XD

Many other games with guild/clan system already have this. They are bigger games too

They must have seen an incentive in it, no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    If people want to join top guilds, they will. You can't force them to stay.

Anyone who meets the requirements always chooses to apply for the top guilds, small guilds only have those players who are new.

If these new players get good stats and start meeting req for top guilds, then only it's upto their opinion of the guild, if they like, they'll stay. Otherwise they'll move on.

Peace.

We are not talking about forcing player to stay in guild here, we talking about the mechanism to join guild,
    my point in fact is that if we automate too much stuff it remove a bit of the magic/old fashion style of this game

Quote Originally Posted by xtian02 View Post
    Because it is already obsolete lmao, Guild nowadays only invite a user if they meet the certain requirements. We cannot control the user's end regardless you invite him or not. If he wants to join your guild he will.
    You are right, many guild prefer quantity to quality, but there is still some guild who prefer to be less but spend more time on social part to make guildies feel more at home, hence the need to talk a bit with newcomers whenever its possible
    Last edited by PatD; 04-09-2021 at 07:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    521 Posts

Some guilds cheat anyway. I was asked to join a guild on my alt.
    I don't do pvp, so they said, "that's ok, we have dummies for that, just ask an officer and it will be arranged".
    Ahem, no thanks...I prefer to be loyal to the guild I'm in. It's friendly and helpful and we all know each other and above all it's not run like a military academy.
    Each to their own but at least be honest about how you go about getting your own.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I must say, I agree with Baron on this. Guilds could use several updates. For those of you in the AL Discord you already know that guilds will be seeing some changes soon, this feature would make an excellent edition to those upcoming updates. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, as Baron said this could be a optional feature for guilds who want it. In essence, it would be similar to the Home Show, listing the guilds, though with the option to request to join instead of just joining. Guilds who want to may opt to enable this feature, and private guilds can opt out. I don’t personally see any negative effect this would have on a guild that’s properly set up with trusted recruiters.

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    Fair point

however It's not to say making the process automatic, If someone posts a request to join a guild then either gm/officer/recruiter could have access and then be the one to decide to choose to accept it or not.

A bit like when sending someone a friend request doesn't mean the other person will always just accept it.

The benefit, comes from quite a few of the top guilds won't usually have as many recruiters and that comes from either being quite strict with requirements to join or used to give members a higher position in a guild that isn't quite an officer just yet.

What would make this idea even more appealing is having the joining request sent a bit like a house mail. so the person who sends a request to join a guild could also leave a small message about themselves.

From there can decide to click accept or click reject(along with a small reason) being inputted as a response to the request to join.

The idea itself its a great "quality of life" suggestion, just needs tweaking/perfecting however the benefits would greatly out weigh any shortcomings

1 <3
    +1 thank you op, and thank you Baron (and everyone else) for the additional ideas and opinions.

Just a thought, I do believe the option to add real requirements to join would be hugely beneficial to guilds and this feature.
    Last edited by Snowdager; 04-13-2021 at 06:55 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    Wait what? XD

Many other games with guild/clan system already have this. They are bigger games too

They must have seen an incentive in it, no?

Sorry I didn't understand your words before, it's a good idea to add a guild search feature and if possible we can select guild searches by country as well to make communication easier.