Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guild Recruitment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Default Guild Recruitment

Hi,

I was wondering, like other games which uses guild/clan system, why doesn't AL let players apply for any of the guild they want to join?

A player applies, the officers online at the time could accept to let them in.

The player's stats including APs, PvE kills, PvP kills will be visible on the guild join request.

The recruiters can still recruit members just like how they are currently doing.

Some guilds will be getting a lot of wanted requests, but each guild can also put up a requirement so only those who meet it can apply. There should also be a ban list, whoever is listed in it can't join the guild with any of their alts either.

Sincerely,
    Avta

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to umarrahim For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

+1 for me

Sent from my RMX2001 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

+1 very good suggestion

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Undershooting For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

+1 it will be very helpful to have that option
    Jukiem/Ossare

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

good idea +1
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Maybe they can add this to the leaderboard wall poster thing, a section to inspect guilds and being to send requests to join would be nice, and being able to search guilds with a member or level filter as well ect ect

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

+1

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Normal: Champist
    Hardcore: Caption

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Good suggestion dude..its time for a huge update for the guild! it will be more interesting for all player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    417 Posts

I'm against this cause if we automate this process it will remove the social aspect of it, the way it is now force everyone to go in town, engage convo and/or run with people before asking them to join guild etc..

If we automate this, everyone will automatically apply for top guild and will left smallest guild with even less new recruit,
    and also it will completely remove the purpose of the recruiter.

Sometimes faster and easier is not a good thing ;D

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PatD For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post

I'm against this cause if we automate this process it will remove the social aspect of it, the way it is now force everyone to go in town, engage convo and/or run with people before asking them to join guild etc..

If we automate this, everyone will automatically apply for top guild and will left smallest guild with even less new recruit,
    and also it will completely remove the purpose of the recruiter.

Sometimes faster and easier is not a good thing ;D

Fair point

however It's not to say making the process automatic, If someone posts a request to join a guild then either gm/officer/recruiter could have access and then be the one to decide to choose to accept it or not.

A bit like when sending someone a friend request doesn't mean the other person will always just accept it.

The benefit, comes from quite a few of the top guilds won't usually have as many recruiters and that comes from either being quite strict with requirements to join or used to give members a higher position in a guild that isn't quite an officer just yet.

What would make this idea even more appealing is having the joining request sent a bit like a house mail. so the person who sends a request to join a guild could also leave a small message about themselves.

From there can decide to click accept or click reject(along with a small reason) being inputted as a response to the request to join.

The idea itself its a great "quality of life" suggestion, just needs tweaking/perfecting however the benefits would greatly out weigh any shortcomings

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    417 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    Fair point

however It's not to say making the process automatic, If someone posts a request to join a guild then either gm/officer/recruiter could have access and then be the one to decide to choose to accept it or not.

A bit like when sending someone a friend request doesn't mean the other person will always just accept it.

The benefit, comes from quite a few of the top guilds won't usually have as many recruiters and that comes from either being quite strict with requirements to join or used to give members a higher position in a guild that isn't quite an officer just yet.

What would make this idea even more appealing is having the joining request sent a bit like a house mail. so the person who sends a request to join a guild could also leave a small message about themselves.

From there can decide to click accept or click reject(along with a small reason) being inputted as a response to the request to join.

The idea itself its a great "quality of life" suggestion, just needs tweaking/perfecting however the benefits would greatly out weigh any shortcomings

1 <3
    I understand your point, but what i'm saying is that i think it would completely remove the good old way of recruiting new people, by this i mean to talk and run with them before deciding if it would be a good idea to invite them to our guild (and this is helping alot to make town and map more active).

Hence removing the social aspect of recruiting and also removing the purpose of having recruiter, i still think that this way would be too easy and would have bad consequence on the long run.

I would personally like this idea, but i think it would be a bad idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I understand your point, but what i'm saying is that i think it would completely remove the good old way of recruiting new people, by this i mean to talk and run with them before deciding if it would be a good idea to invite them to our guild (and this is helping alot to make town and map more active).

Hence removing the social aspect of recruiting and also removing the purpose of having recruiter, i still think that this way would be too easy and would have bad consequence on the long run.

I would personally like this idea, but i think it would be a bad idea.
    I don’t think any guild even does that where they run with someone before they let them join. It’s kinda strange, it’s mostly if you meet the requirements, come and join

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    417 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Undershooting View Post
    I don’t think any guild even does that where they run with someone before they let them join. It’s kinda strange, it’s mostly if you meet the requirements, come and join
    Yes it is true in many case but then the recruiter would be obsolete, no more recruiting event, and ppl would only apply in guild that are on lb?
    or there would be a list of all the guild in the game?

both way i can see a problem here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Yes it is true in many cases but then the recruiter would be obsolete, no more recruiting event, and ppl would only apply in guild that are on lb?
    or there would be a list of all the guild in the game?

both way i can see a problem here
    Guilds could have the option to turn it on or off,

Also, it supplements recruiters as if they have access to be allowed to accept the requests it can show on log the person who accepted the request invited them.

recruitment events consist of people going around spreading the word about your guild and inviting people who are interested. If someone at the time decides they don't want to check it out now, with this sort of option they can later if they don't see the recruiter again so it doesn't take away from that either.

Also can be done so you type in the name, a bit like when sending a battleground request. could make a request to join button on the guild lb list for the top 50 which would make wanting to get your guild onto leaderboard more enticing too besides the visual recognition
    Godfather of Arlor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    417 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    Guilds could have the option to turn it on or off,

Also, it supplements recruiters as if they have access to be allowed to accept the requests it can show on log the person who accepted the request invited them.

recruitment events consist of people going around spreading the word about your guild and inviting people who are interested. If someone at the time decides they don't want to check it out now, with this sort of option they can later if they don't see the recruiter again so it doesn't take away from that either.

Also can be done so you type in the name, a bit like when sending a battleground request. could make a request to join button on the guild lb list for the top 50 which would make wanting to get your guild onto leaderboard more enticing too besides the visual recognition
    This is exactly what we need to avoid, it would not help at all small guild who are trying to get on LB, new people would just send request to all guild on lb until they get accept, hence create a huge disadvantage to the guild who are not on it yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Undershooting View Post
    My guild used to run with every player b4 they joined . But atm with the hardest maps being on a timer it makes it most difficult time wise to do this.

I disagree with idea of OP. Leave it as is. As it will put more unnecessary work on offis who already (in my guild) have their hands full.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

No more recruiting event? sad

Sent from my Flare_J2_Max using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

This is exactly what we need to avoid, it would not help at all small guild who are trying to get on LB, new people would just send request to all guild on lb until they get accept, hence create a huge disadvantage to the guild who are not on it yet.
    Yeah acceptable perhaps putting a request button on lb itself is going to far with it.

In the 7+ years I've had my guide I've never had/held any sort of recruitment contents or recruitment drives (besides other guilds holding them and messaging my members or even myself to join which is something I'm not a fan of personally aways) but I can accept this is how others choose to do things and that's fine.

Just because I might not be a fan of the idea or dislike it, I won't close my eyes to its benefits. Being someone whos online a lot I literally will get a pm daily from someone asking to join to which myself or my limited number of officers/recruiters aren't always able to respond

Why having such a feature available is such a good idea and I'm sure to be welcomed also by others and making it an option to have on or off (a bit like the battleground requests) would be an overall improvement to the general "quality of life".

Could also not have the friends request feature or list, could say it would encourage people to be more active in towns instead of just seeing if friends are online and only messaging them... but again its a "quality of life" feature that's there and free for us to choose to use it or not.

Just because you might personally not see any use from it, it's not to say others won't

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post

I disagree with idea of OP. Leave it as is. As it will put more unnecessary work on offis who already (in my guild) have their hands full.

As I mentioned above, if its a feature that is implemented so the guild master can choose to have it on or off (like battleground requests) then you won't need to worry about any additional work for your officers.

Plus if its done so a recruiter can also be the one to accept the requests made, it will give the recruiter rank a bit more depth and meaning which would be an added bonus as the current guild ranking system is a bit outdated and "meh" which could do with improvements (but that topic is another matter of discussion all together)

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

+1

Enviado desde mi ANE-LX3 mediante Tapatalk