Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default About the action house....

I have concerns with the auction house,

1. it is NOT an auction house
    2. In simple terms, it's a market/convience store
    3. Gamers having to regret their life desicions because items that they are selling was being Too expensive compared to the average price being sold and making it expire and listing fee go byebye or,
    4. Price shifted, your selling it too cheap or expensive, and making sad gamer noises about it.

Selling it cheap may not be a bad thing for some sellers because it was their intention, because they need instant money, but thats not always the case. And loses from listing price all adds up.
    Plus merchants exist, we don't want to lessen their profits by posting stuffs at the auction for a month and not knowing they have no profit because of listing price

Especially if your selling something like 50million worth of stuff and not being to sell that at all. And posting it in the market. The losts all adds up and can overall lose you profit.(ex. I've been posting a Arc. Loveling for 70mil and reposting it in the market for 3times because of maybe #3 or 4 abovementioned. Im losing like 10million or something and maybe more, just reposting that 70mil egg.)

- others probaly say something like "thats why AL traders market exist lmao" or "thats why public chat exists lol" but here's the problem(which is 60%real)

-to be blunt, its basically not for everyone.
    Why? Because not all players are going to be using AL traders market and more less, always active with it. You, seeing many players betting on your item, and that many players betting on your item is a very small 5 players, Compare that to the players playing the game.
    -and not all players are gonna see your public chat, you may go and change maps, you go using the public chat but only maybe a max of 30 players can see that per map.There exists other lobbies on the same map you are in(like you shouting in Paradise Pier but there exists other Paradise piers that where you don't exist)

More problems could be exisiting but, I don't know all and don't want to be too optimistic about it.

Going back to the main topic, an ACUTAL auction house could be a new way of selling stuff:

-Post expensive things
    -Millionai- I mean more players seeing these Expensive stuff you's selling
    -They'll bet on it and highest bidder in the end of the day would get the item
    -Yay. seller making money, and buyer making happy noises.

And in that auction house:
    -Only expensive stuff is allowed maybe, so that the "market" wont be useless (like minimun of 5,000,000 is allowed )
    -related to abovementioned, seller can post a minimum bid ( like 10million maybe)
    And buyers bidding that minimun number would start the auction
    -you can set the auction time(like how long betting session would) to maybe between 30min-7days
    -maybe it can have drawbacks too(like the market having a listing price). Maybe like after the auction ends, there would be a 5% auction fee (what this mean is if I sold the item for 10,000,000g the game would take 50,000 because thats 5% of 10mil)

I think this would be a good concept.

Of couse, The concept is not 100% but the Idea here is solid, right?

♫♪♫♪♪♫
    ✿✿✿

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

It wouldnt be as great as you think.

Your gold would have to be reserved(you cannot access it) every time you place a bid. It just wouldnt work well and for the people that it would help the most, is the uber rich.

I suppose you could try to limit it to 1 Auction at a time, but people tend to always want more.

First come First serve is a superior way, and actually allows the players who are most active to have a buying advantage..as it should be imo.

Its actually properly named ' Consignment ' House, as the game is providing the venue to sell. Also, 5% of 10 Million isn't 50k.