Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Do's and Dont's: Capture the Flag

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Exclamation Do's and Dont's: Capture the Flag

DO:
    1) Guard flag carry.
    2) Form a perimeter around carry to draw aggro from zombies and target attacks.
    3) Maintain distance from carry to ward off attacks, defend carry.
    4) Clear zombies from carry! A quick Leap attack will destroy zombies instantly at level 20.
    5) Secure base when necessary.
    6) If you're flag carry and you're going to die, try to position the flag behind scenery where it will be difficult for other team to detect from their point of view. Use skills to speed up death. NOTE: By default, the other team's perspective will be rotated relative to yours, remember that!
    7) Maintain contact when possible, always make sure there is at least ONE designated base guard.
    8) If you're the guard, secure the base when mobbed so more cannot enter/leave.
    9) Sometimes hiding in a corner of the base to catch intruders off guard is a good idea.
    10) Look at your team mate's health, try not to steal hearts they could use.
    11) In most situations, you want your carry to grab the heart unless they're very weak, you're under attack and you'd have a better chance than them at killing attacker and protecting the goal.
    12) Use light switches when appropriate.
    13) It's probably a better idea to let level 20s and/or your stronger teammates to grab the speed boost. They'll probably do better with it than you will.

DON'T:
    1) Leave carry unattended.
    2) Ditch carry to go off alone - UNLESS you know where the attack will come from.
    3) Steal the heart from the carry.
    4) Run in front of the carry, secure base and - OOPS! - lock them out.
    5) Unless it absolutely cannot be helped - try not to hit light switches indiscriminately and kill your teammates.
    6) You and a teammate both have your sights on a heart? Nine times out of ten, it's best if the level 20/stronger teammate has health than you.
    7) Are you the weakest one at attacking? Flag. Don't have the build for flagging? Defend base.
    8) If you join a match and see one side is like 3v1, don't join that side and make it 4v1. Keep things fair, it's more fun that way!
    9) Be considerate. It's a team match. Do the little things that will help your team even if you sacrifice stats for it.

LITTLE THINGS I'VE NOTICED THAT GET ME KILLS/KILLED
    - try to turn corners as tight as possible to save on time, but be careful where you're aiming when you turn a corner so you don't get caught off guard.
    - keep an attack charged at all times, sometimes I'm guilty of trying to wait for my preferred skill to become active and have nothing prepped - bad idea!
    - I've noticed sometimes if a skill is held charged for a while, it will eventually "time out." Seems to be about a minute time limit, try to keep in mind so you don't time out at the wrong time or recharge at an inopportune moment!
    - during a root or stun, I'll keep an attack charged to unleash it or after I've used all my skills, I'll hold on to my attack button to charge up an attack. But sometimes I notice my finger will be on it but the command won't be recognized. Missing even a few small attacks or one charged one can be the difference between a kill and a death. Try to be aware.
    Last edited by Nassar; 04-28-2012 at 09:40 PM.
    Guild Master of Blood, Bath and Beyond.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nassar For This Useful Post: