Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tie shouldn't exist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    Will u ask ur friend to answer wrong in exams so u can tie for the first place with him?

No, you encourage your friend to try their best, and you try ur best.

People are forced to tie now even if they don't want to. They don't want to anger every player out there, and risk losing trading and running opportunities.

It's unethical to tie on purpose, if it's accidental, the no problem, but on purpose it's bad.

Imagine 2 football teams keep tying on finals, how would u feel as a viewer lol.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Bro you just started comparing real life with an MMORPG. Its a bit ridiculous how you compare it, but I understood your point. It is a difficult problem. When they remove tie and 2 players work really hard and both get same points in goblin event f.e. one get rewarded better than the other that's unfair bc of shorter name or whatever the condition is. Saying tying is at your own risk is the easiest way to escape an answer. Giving random points will be based on luck and we all know some are way luckier than others. I think a possibility is when everyday u stay in lb of an event and your points are not changing you get removed 5-10 points. Yes that's randomly and based on luck but player will be forced to play till the last day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oawaoebi View Post
    Bro you just started comparing real life with an MMORPG. Its a bit ridiculous how you compare it, but I understood your point. It is a difficult problem. When they remove tie and 2 players work really hard and both get same points in goblin event f.e. one get rewarded better than the other that's unfair bc of shorter name or whatever the condition is. Saying tying is at your own risk is the easiest way to escape an answer. Giving random points will be based on luck and we all know some are way luckier than others. I think a possibility is when everyday u stay in lb of an event and your points are not changing you get removed 5-10 points. Yes that's randomly and based on luck but player will be forced to play till the last day.
    Not really, random points won't make a big difference.

Like if some has 2m points, and other has 1.999, opening the next green egg will either give them 1 or 2 points, if it's 1 point then tie, if 2 points then no tie.

Ppl will still be opening a lot of eggs, some may open less, yes. But atleast it will be more competitive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Default Tie shouldn't exist

Not really, random points won't make a big difference.

Like if some has 2m points, and other has 1.999, opening the next green egg will either give them 1 or 2 points, if it's 1 point then tie, if 2 points then no tie.

Ppl will still be opening a lot of eggs, some may open less, yes. But atleast it will be more competitive.

It makes no sense. You are only pointing on the arlorian egg hunt. But what about on the future events?

For sure you will say, do the same on every boss, different points on a single boss. What if a certain players does always have luck on getting the highest possible points on a single boss? Do you think it is fair for those who is not always lucky enough to get the highest points? It doesn’t really makes sense at all....

This is the example of what you are saying.

Player 1 (killed the event boss, and got 2 points by killing it)

Player 2 (killed the event boss, and only got 1 point on killing it)

Event if it’s just only a 1 point difference, its still gonna make a huge difference if you are going to make a 3k+ runs on the event.

[mention]Remiem [/mention] just close the thread please. We all know that’s not gonna happen...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Drae12; 04-09-2021 at 06:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

@ the person who post the thread. Do you own 3-5 different top 10 sets, items or titles? If not, you have 0 say in this conversation.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Statsonly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drae12 View Post
    It makes no sense. You are only pointing on the arlorian egg hunt. But what about on the future events?

For sure you will say, do the same on every boss, different points on a single boss. What if a certain players does always have luck on getting the highest possible points on a single boss? Do you think it is fair for those who is not always lucky enough to get the highest points? It doesn’t really makes sense at all....

This is the example of what you are saying.

Player 1 (killed the event boss, and got 2 points by killing it)

Player 2 (killed the event boss, and only got 1 point on killing it)

Event if it’s just only a 1 point difference, its still gonna make a huge difference if you are going to make a 3k+ runs on the event.

[mention]Remiem [/mention] just close the thread please. We all know that’s not gonna happen...

Decimal points...

This is how timed lb works already, such that the counting parameters is upto the thousandths place precision. And guess what, tieing only happens once in a blue moon.

For instance, boss would either credit 50.001 - 50.005 points when killed.

That way regardless whether you were "luckier" than others or not, it wouldn't matter since the accumulated randomized points is too miniscule.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 04-09-2021 at 06:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Statsonly View Post
    @ the person who post the thread. Do you own 3-5 different top 10 sets, items or titles? If not, you have 0 say in this conversation.
    I want to say this, but I’m not sure if he was been playing the lb events and getting the gold rewards..... he is so affected on what happened in the warrior leaderboard lol. Or maybe he got a friend who was affected.

I got friends too who was on that tie, what I did is, i cheered them up. I told them not to do ties anymore, because it is too risky. I feel sad too for my friends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

In general, it is up to the developers to decide the competitiveness aspect for every leader board.

Leaderboards such as - Swamp Temple, Honor Pvp, Timed and EvG are examples of either utilizing the randomized points or time based system, and leads to more competition for independent runners. Rewards for these aforementioned leader boards are also more exclusive then others and holds more merit.

But for the major and popular events, developers allow ties. My theory is it is much more profitable, since several more players will now be running for the biggest rewards.

But, that is where the flaw is to me - It doesn't make sense how 20 players settling low at the 10th place, doing the bare minimum, and still rewarded equally at the end.

You lose it all when the tie is unsuccessful. But when it does become successful, it's like a big punch in the face to the rest of the top10 players who ran an uncomparable amount more then those who tied.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I want to say this, but I’m not sure if he was been playing the lb events and getting the gold rewards..... he is so affected on what happened in the warrior leaderboard lol. Or maybe he got a friend who was affected.

I got friends too who was on that tie, what I did is, i cheered them up. I told them not to do ties anymore, because it is too risky. I feel sad too for my friends.

Same happened to my friend, he is ready to quit the game.

I don't run lb, I would have if I didn't lose access to my old account due to email and stuff.

I like watching lb just like how people like watching sports.

Now how would u feel if 2 badminton player insist on tying, and never score a point? Not only that, it was planned, blatantly obvious.

Will this unethical behaviour cause them to get banned from ever playing in pro-scene, or would it be encouraged by everyone? You tell me.

In no competitive environment ever tying exist, none. DOTA, CSGO, Valorant, LoL. It doesn't exist in any of the top competitive game.

I play LoL, and the amounts of point you lose or gain are always random between a range, for example between 15-20.

And you know what would happen if people actually tried to tie? The whole community would screw them over, I don't get why some ppl are encouraging it in here.

LOL has top 200 player that are rewarded generously, and ties only rarely happen. And if they happen, they happen by chance, not planned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    In general, it is up to the developers to decide the competitiveness aspect for every leader board.

Leaderboards such as - Swamp Temple, Honor Pvp, Timed and EvG are examples of either utilizing the randomized points or time based system, and leads to more competition for independent runners. Rewards for these aforementioned leader boards are also more exclusive then others and holds more merit.

But for the major and popular events, developers allow ties. My theory is it is much more profitable, since several more players will now be running for the biggest rewards.

But, that is where the flaw is to me - It doesn't make sense how 20 players settling low at the 10th place, doing the bare minimum, and still rewarded equally at the end.

You lose it all when the tie is unsuccessful. But when it does become successful, it's like a big punch in the face to the rest of the top10 players who ran an uncomparable amount more then those who tied.

"Settling low" "bare minimum" youve lost the plot.
    If its so easy why doesnt half the playerbase tie at top10?
    Every top tie in history is based on countless of hours grinding every day regardless, settling down the second week is to keep it healthy.
    How many leaderboards have you gotten yourself?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Spooked For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post

It would be more profitable if they didn't allow tie, it would be more competitive, rewards would be more exclusive, people would be paying a lot more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Same happened to my friend, he is ready to quit the game.

I don't run lb, I would have if I didn't lose access to my old account due to email and stuff.

I like watching lb just like how people like watching sports.

Now how would u feel if 2 badminton player insist on tying, and never score a point? Not only that, it was planned, blatantly obvious.

Will this unethical behaviour cause them to get banned from ever playing in pro-scene, or would it be encouraged by everyone? You tell me.

In no competitive environment ever tying exist, none. DOTA, CSGO, Valorant, LoL. It doesn't exist in any of the top competitive game.

I play LoL, and the amounts of point you lose or gain are always random between a range, for example between 15-20.

And you know what would happen if people actually tried to tie? The whole community would screw them over, I don't get why some ppl are encouraging it in here.

LOL has top 200 player that are rewarded generously, and ties only rarely happen. And if they happen, they happen by chance, not planned.

You keep comparing Arcane Legends on different games, sports etc..

Arcane Legends is MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game).
    Dota and LoL is MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena).

CSGO and VALORANT is an FPS (First-person shooter).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    474 Posts

My feelings are mixed regarding this topic.

Rather create another tier above platinum which takes considerable time to farm than having a leaderboard where people are getting taken off cause other players are getting greedy.

There are cases where people farm 12-16hours per day for 2 weeks. I don't know how healthy it is for everyone to run lb this much and not go for a walk or spend time with their family cause they have to maintain their leaderboard position.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

You keep comparing Arcane Legends on different games, sports etc..

Arcane Legends is MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game).
    Dota and LoL is MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena).

CSGO and VALORANT is an FPS (First-person shooter).

What the have in common is competition, and tieing doesn't exist in healthy competition.

Peace.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    "Settling low" "bare minimum" youve lost the plot.
    If its so easy why doesnt half the playerbase tie at top10?
    Every top tie in history is based on countless of hours grinding every day regardless, settling down the second week is to keep it healthy.
    How many leaderboards have you gotten yourself?
    Relative to the rest of the Top10, yes settling low doing the bare minimum.

I don't have to be in the leaderboard to observe the marginal gap of the ties at Top10 compared to the rest from #9 to #1, I could quickly glance at the lb and figure this out at ease,

Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 04-09-2021 at 07:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

The real problem on the warrior leaderboard last event is that they asked/accepted more players to tie up with them.

Imma give a little history last halloween event, where we only chose the trustworthy players. What we did is, we came up on the idea which is we will move our points everyday (but we are already tied) so the players behind us (we know they can catch up, thats why we kept on moving our points) won’t catch us up or ask us to tie with him/her because we cant trust those players behind us. We are not selfish, its just that we’re playing safe for our spot in gold rewards...

My point is, there will be no problem on ties unless you only choose the trustworthy players you want to include on your tie...

These players on this screenshot, they can be trusted when it comes to tie...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Drae12 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

My question here, y always warriors? We. Have no issue with rogues and mages during meade march event, i personally set the mage tie with two friends for others to get prices and we had little communication until day 14 and it all worked out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

The real problem on the warrior leaderboard last event is that they asked/accepted more players to tie up with them.

Imma give a little history last halloween event, where we only chose the trustworthy players. What we did is, we came up on the idea which is we will move our points everyday (but we are already tied) so the players behind us (we know they can catch up, thats why we kept on moving our points) won’t catch us up or ask us to tie with him/her because we cant trust those players behind us. We are not selfish, its just that we’re playing safe for our spot in gold rewards...

My point is, there will be no problem on ties unless you only choose the trustworthy players you want to include on your tie...

These players on this screenshot, they can be trusted when it comes to tie...

What's the need for tie?

People should be ranked based on their effort, simple.

Everyone try their best, and those who tried the hardest get rewards.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to umarrahim For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

What's the need for tie?

Not the ones who try harder gets the top10, during the race winter event, there were a lot of party users while most of lbs were running in random like me, could even bet I’m in top3 fastest players but couldn’t get for those party users, at least 4 of the 10 spots were “cheaters” and didn’t deserve that spot, do you know how frustrating is know that you’re better and you get out because #FairPlay? Other reason to tie... the top10 player was asking me for 200M to tie btw...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Most ridiculous and funny thing is the leader board says top ten, yet there can be over twenty, thirty of people on so called 'top ten', lmao.

Simple solution will be just add a time to the leader board, whoever get to the point first take the spot, anyone later get to the same point put to the next spot, etc.

Want to move spot higher just simply do another run and get more points.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dualray; 04-09-2021 at 08:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

What's the need for tie?

Is this for real?? Bruh. Common sense -_-

I’ll tell you another scenario. Let’s say you’re on top 5... and 3 of your good friends who had helped you with other things is on top 6,7, and 8 and the point difference is not really that far from your points. What will you do? You’re not gonna help them to get the gold rewards? What will you feel? If your friends who exerted so much efforts trying hard to get the gold rewards is only getting the silver rewards, while you getting the gold rewards.