Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tie shouldn't exist

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alghost View Post
    Ties shouldn’t be allowed in a competitive event. Top 10 is top 10, not top 40-30. Just because STS allows it doesn’t make it right. Lol if top 10 rewards go to 30-40 players, then what is the point of top 25-50 rewards??? If this is the case STS should just remove too 25-50 rewards, they’re useless if everyone just ties.
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    Yeah and if you got X amount of points to get to 25th...

Next day when you go to sleep and some else wakes up and gets exactly the same amount of points to be 25th...

You can either choose to run so you over take them so you finish 25th an they finish 26th, or you stop running or come to a agreement and you might both finish 25th or he/she will over take you and youll be 26th instead.

Plain and simple isnt it ?

Attachment 231271

*sips tea*
    *Slaps face* pay attention.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    It's not about trust or no trust or points.

There's no need for ties, top 50 spots should only be for top 50 players. No ties

Its not that hard to implement either.

They just need to add hidden random decimal places to the points.

For example:

Green Eggs give points between 1.0005-1.0009 randomly.

The decimal places aren't shown to players, but they make an impact of rankings.

This way players can't tie.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    You’re not even running for top 10

I haven’t seen a war who had been affected of the broken tie last event complaining about removing the tie on the future events

If players doesnt wanna accept ties, or to be on tie, then they can just keep on doing the event to keep up their points. It’s simple as that. There’s really no need to remove the tie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Drae12 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Funny that most of the time people who make these similar threads are not LB runners.

I don't see your point on why you people keep on insisting things like this even though you will not be affected in the first place.
    This is so dumb. If this is your friend's problem why carry it on yours, it doesn't benefit you in any way you are just putting shame on yourself.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greazemk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

People fail to understand the substance of this thread. The reason ties must be removed is to suppress the act of deliberate ties.

For every event you would see several players join hands at 10th place. That also means duplicated rewards.

We are held at mercy from those who tie to decide the exclusiveness of the supposedly advertised "Top10 rewards".

Likewise, it persuades most of the Top9-1 to stop as well, why? Because it nullifies the point of running any further once you acknowledge several players at 10th place will stop running all together. Essentially lessens competition.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 04-10-2021 at 01:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greazemk View Post
    Funny that most of the time people who make these similar threads are not LB runners.

I don't see your point on why you people keep on insisting things like this even though you will not be affected in the first place.
    This is so dumb. If this is your friend's problem why carry it on yours, it doesn't benefit you in any way you are just putting shame on yourself.
    I have ran multiple leaderboards and don't think devaluing players lb rewards because a bunch of people wanna walk the line of exploiting the system is the way to handle this. Why should i run top ten if it isnt even accurate? Rarity drives the lb, and its getting spit on. I don't run anymore, its pointless when 2x the people are getting what's suppose to be exclusive.

It became "how many people can tie" over " who puts the most work in".

Tldr: dont run leaderboard if you want to have something special, because the rewards are losing their meaning and have been for a long time.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Switchback For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    How exactly could you tell.

That is as absurd as deliberately tieing with someone in timed lb or in swamp temple, except harder since the precision is upto the ten thousandths place, hidden from the players and every egg/boss provides randomized points.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    How could i tell? I take a peek on the leaderboard after every open until i tied.
    Leaderboard shows the spots people are in, dont think this is any new news for you?

Wether we have hidden values or not, the leaderboard will still show who has more points than the other and wether someone is tied. Hidden values or not

This is not rocket science people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    I have ran multiple leaderboards and don't think devaluing players lb rewards because a bunch of people wanna walk the line of exploiting the system is the way to handle this. Why should i run top ten if it isnt even accurate? Rarity drives the lb, and its getting spit on. I don't run anymore, its pointless when 2x the people are getting what's suppose to be exclusive.

It became "how many people can tie" over " who puts the most work in".

Tldr: dont run leaderboard if you want to have something special, because the rewards are losing their meaning and have been for a long time.
    Kind of funny how you state leaderboard rewards are losing their meaning and specialty as time goes on, even as though they become rarer overtime.

Either way, 25 people with a top10 vanity is still 25 people with a vanity thousands of others playing the same class dont have and will never get.
    That still qualifies as “special and exclusive” to me.

To add to that, implying its not special and exclusive is a bit selfish.
    Even if a lb vanity i have has 200 other owners, its still special to ME
    I myself dont run and tie on lb because i want other people to drool over my “special and exclusive” vanity, i run and tie because i like the vanity myself.
    If you only run lb so you can show off how special and exclusive you are, kinda sad.
    Last edited by Spooked; 04-10-2021 at 02:08 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Spooked For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

If you only run lb so you can show off how special and exclusive you are, kinda sad.

Lol^^^

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    Kind of funny how you state leaderboard rewards are losing their meaning and specialty as time goes on, even as though they become rarer overtime.

Either way, 25 people with a top10 vanity is still 25 people with a vanity thousands of others playing the same class dont have and will never get.
    That still qualifies as “special and exclusive” to me.

To add to that, implying its not special and exclusive is a bit selfish.
    Even if a lb vanity i have has 200 other owners, its still special to ME
    I myself dont run and tie on lb because i want other people to drool over my “special and exclusive” vanity, i run and tie because i like the vanity myself.
    please explain how something gets rarer when more are added to the game. To the children calling it kinda sad that people want exclusive and rare items, you do understand that's the only reason this game is still available. If Lb spots were more heavily exploited, ties wouldn't be a thing. Regardless, i think the main goal right now is keeping the lights on so none of this matters anyays.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Just so you guys know, ties were eliminated for a brief period about two years ago.

Complaints of the removal probably brought them back.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    please explain how something gets rarer when more are added to the game. To the children calling it kinda sad that people want exclusive and rare items, you do understand that's the only reason this game is still available. If Lb spots were more heavily exploited, ties wouldn't be a thing. Regardless, i think the main goal right now is keeping the lights on so none of this matters anyays.
    Dont think ive said that?
    The vanity pieces become rarer overtime, as owners stop playing or disappear for other reasons.
    I said this to imply saying lb rewards are becoming more meaningless as time goes on is quite a far stretch.

Again, not saying its sad to want exclusive items, but if youre only running leaderboard so you can show it off to others how exclusive you are, yes thats kinda sad you rely on attention in a game so much.
    And i stand by that point not only for leaderboard rewards, but in general aswell, dont feel like i have to go on a rant explaining why i think of it this way.

Honestly doubting if youve read what i said at all

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Spooked For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Instead of everyone blindly swinging around their pitch forks and lighting themselves on fire with their own torches for something that shouldn’t even matter... since ties have been a thing since the beginning of this game...

STS should put all their effort and time and go full throttle on expansion since this expansion (1 year and half+ in the making) will decide what path STS takes for their game. Since this expansion is said to be the best one yet and leave any previous expansion in the dust. We should all stop fighting EACHOTHER and join forces to fight the real enemy! The one underwater enemy that is .... .....! And defeat said enemy with the power of not just teamwork but that of friendship!

In simpler terms... Let STS focus expansion, agree to disagree on ties and prepare for level 81 expansion.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to THE GOLDEN KING For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

so many people passionate about tie. 90% of these people doesnt event run top 10 lbs

Keep the tie. At your own risk. If u dont like it and u dont run top 10s then i would suggest you try it once first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Guys who complain about the tie are so freakin dumb blame the person who broke the tie not the freaking game stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    Dont think ive said that?
    The vanity pieces become rarer overtime, as owners stop playing or disappear for other reasons.
    I said this to imply saying lb rewards are becoming more meaningless as time goes on is quite a far stretch.

Again, not saying its sad to want exclusive items, but if youre only running leaderboard so you can show it off to others how exclusive you are, yes thats kinda sad you rely on attention in a game so much.
    And i stand by that point not only for leaderboard rewards, but in general aswell, dont feel like i have to go on a rant explaining why i think of it this way.

Honestly doubting if youve read what i said at all
    Plus the extra 5-10 lb vanities isnt that much to become “none rare”.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redjellydonut View Post
    so many people passionate about tie. 90% of these people doesnt event run top 10 lbs

Keep the tie. At your own risk. If u dont like it and u dont run top 10s then i would suggest you try it once first.

Hahahaha true they got so much complains than the lb runners wth

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by towd View Post
    Guys who complain about the tie are so freakin dumb blame the person who broke the tie not the freaking game stupid

It's not about breaking ties, it's about ties not existing.

Top 25 rewards for 25 players, not 50 players.

Whoever tries the hardest gets em, simple.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to umarrahim For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Lol

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    Yeah and if you got X amount of points to get to 25th...

Next day when you go to sleep and some else wakes up and gets exactly the same amount of points to be 25th...

You can either choose to run so you over take them so you finish 25th an they finish 26th, or you stop running or come to a agreement and you might both finish 25th or he/she will over take you and youll be 26th instead.

Plain and simple isnt it ?

Attachment 231271

*sips tea*
    Well, whoever ends up higher spent more time playing. Meaning he deserved the reward more.

Cheers.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This is the thing that I wanna suggest. Tieing is okay with the fixed leader boards competitions like: top players, runners, top pvp. In terms of Ocassional Leader board Events, I suggest not to tie at all even if they have same exact points at all so that they will still compete to each other as whom deserved top positions. Example,
    Top 1 and 2 got the same points (exactly the same) but one is randomly put as the top 1 and top 2. What they will do after? Compete until who's deserving for the 1st. Therefore, competitions will be more intense than ever and also have a limited lb rewards than manipulating it with others. Yes! Trust no one but you did know they can do it! They can do manipulation as you witnessed it in other events. They tend to do tieing to duplicate lb rewards with their friends or guildies aren't they? Have fun with the game also be one of the people who choose which is better. Peace guys!

Sent from my MRD-LX2 using Tapatalk