Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tie shouldn't exist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redjellydonut View Post
    so many people passionate about tie. 90% of these people doesnt event run top 10 lbs

Keep the tie. At your own risk. If u dont like it and u dont run top 10s then i would suggest you try it once first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    An actual decent top 10 reward, for 10 players, not 20 and I would go for event lb aswell. But its just not attractive anymore if you see lbs lately.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Ive run many top 10 lbs, including this years easter. I can honestly say right now that going into every event there will be a tie. There was ties in the 2014 and 2016 events as well, im sorry but this thread is useless so many of these threads have been made but sts wont remove ties, it just wont happen. If it bothers you so much then dont run lb its that simple this is rhe way the game works and has worked for a while it wont change anytime soon or at all. Like many have said most of the players here dont even run lb, as other lb runners like myself have mentioned in this chat they dont care about ties they run for themselves because they desire the rewards. It doesnt honestly bother me that 20 or 25 players will get a top 10 reward and im pretty sure it doesnt bother many lb players here because i can guarantee that if it was only 10 players and no tie was allowed then majority of the players wouldnt even be on the lb. A tie is a personal choice.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RedeZy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    An actual decent top 10 reward, for 10 players, not 20 and I would go for event lb aswell. But its just not attractive anymore if you see lbs lately.

Not sure how to interpret this.
    If you mean ties make lbs unattractive, its the complete opposite, and if you mean lbs are more unattractive lately because the rewards havent really been up there with the greats, i do agree with that even though its still all personal preference

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

It is a fair point to make about having the leaderboard prizes more "enticing"

As great of personal achievement, it is getting on to a leaderboard, it is also important to have the ability to "flaunt" your achievement along with or recoup some of the losses made from running.

End of the that that's what entices us to want to spend and run...
    And that's what also helps put the gold in sts coffers which pays the bills to keep the game running...
    Its own little ecosystem so to speak.

Cant be removing "ties" as its more of a morals/ethics/opinion judgement and not really a system flaw

Cant be removing prizes as defeats the whole purpose of wanting to run in the first place

Seems what the real issue is then that the leaderboard is lacking some "appeal" itself, sure there are people that will run as for some it isn't so much about the prizes but finishing top that counts but wanting to warrant investing the time into from making a fortune or after a vanity that is ever so more exclusive is also valid as those same people also help contribute to "Pay the bills".

It seems at the moment the leaderboards for events are separated by

top 5
    top 25
    top 50

that's also for each class...

Maybe would be better then to have it as

Top 3
    Top 10
    Top 25
    Top 50

With there being an extra bracket then the prizes could also be filtered down more so if there is exclusive vanity for the top 3 it becomes a lot more exclusive along with harder to obtain, can still have the odd ties but think an idea like this seems a more logical approach then the old pitch forks and torches method that's been witnessed so far

1 <3

Edit :

I'm not actually all that familiar with event leaderboards but the quickest one I found was the Halloween 2020 event and use that as the example above
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    Not sure how to interpret this.
    If you mean ties make lbs unattractive, its the complete opposite, and if you mean lbs are more unattractive lately because the rewards havent really been up there with the greats, i do agree with that even though its still all personal preference
    I just mentioned that some people like myself dont run because there are no good-looking and exclusive rewards in lb. If there was a good set for 10 or less people Id run for it. While I understand that some prefer ties to spend less time and gold for the same prizes, I dont. I run lb for the competition, thats the fun part to me. I want to get my top 10 set for making it to top 10. And that means if I end up 11th I didnt try hard enough. Thats part of the reason why I stopped doing event lbs in 2016. I accept if you disagree. Would be weird if all agreed on this topic yet some tie and some dont.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Sooo many passionate people here lmao, NON LB RUNNERS. Should be a minimum of 3 top 10 sets, banners and titles to enter this thread. The thread would've never gotten pass 35 comments (i can show mine)...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedeZy View Post
    Ive run many top 10 lbs, including this years easter. I can honestly say right now that going into every event there will be a tie. There was ties in the 2014 and 2016 events as well, im sorry but this thread is useless so many of these threads have been made but sts wont remove ties, it just wont happen. If it bothers you so much then dont run lb its that simple this is rhe way the game works and has worked for a while it wont change anytime soon or at all. Like many have said most of the players here dont even run lb, as other lb runners like myself have mentioned in this chat they dont care about ties they run for themselves because they desire the rewards. It doesnt honestly bother me that 20 or 25 players will get a top 10 reward and im pretty sure it doesnt bother many lb players here because i can guarantee that if it was only 10 players and no tie was allowed then majority of the players wouldnt even be on the lb. A tie is a personal choice.
    They were removed once before. I cant remember the thread when they came back.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Verbie View Post
    They were removed once before. I cant remember the thread when they came back.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    This was around 2019. I remember cause i ran goblin lb and a few others that year. It didn't last very long. I assume sts lost a lot of activity, knowing the main top 10-20 on lb are plat buyers or hardcore farmers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

ill just leave these here....

Name:  263C4160-2A49-40A2-B51B-4090BC3FFAD1.jpeg
Views: 249
Size:  124.1 KB

Name:  2A3EB46D-8826-46B2-BE18-A1D3E62FE8F2.jpeg
Views: 252
Size:  444.7 KB
    Up and down, over and through, back around, the jokes on you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

This is gonna be my last post on this topic - as far as i plan to-
    I just want to ask, since we have established the majority of the people with the torches and pitchforks are non-lb runners or have gotten some obscure leaderboard somewhere down the line and proclaim themselfs as experts and representatives of the community.

How and in what way are ties hurting you?

Gonna leave that question here for everyone who is concerned to think about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    This is gonna be my last post on this topic - as far as i plan to-
    I just want to ask, since we have established the majority of the people with the torches and pitchforks are non-lb runners or have gotten some obscure leaderboard somewhere down the line and proclaim themselfs as experts and representatives of the community.

How and in what way are ties hurting you?

Gonna leave that question here for everyone who is concerned to think about.
    Maybe those ppl enjoy watching at the leaderboard every once in a while XD so for their enjoyment, tie shouldn’t exist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

It's all about the competition, if you don't want to tie, just simply don't.. It's obvious you're gonna do it with people you trust. Ties were always there and it's not the first time they get broken by a certain person. Suggesting that sts should somehow remove it.. seems so ridiculous to me. -1

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Illegaly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Pts were to low to tie to begin with

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zeferoth For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Illegaly View Post
    It's all about the competition, if you don't want to tie, just simply don't.. It's obvious you're gonna do it with people you trust. Ties were always there and it's not the first time they get broken by a certain person. Suggesting that sts should somehow remove it.. seems so ridiculous to me. -1
    How is it a competition if a group of people just tie?

Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XxretepxX View Post
    How is it a competition if a group of people just tie?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tie_(draw):
    “A draw or tie occurs in a competitive sport when the results are identical or inconclusive. Ties or draws are possible in SOME, but not all, sports and GAMES.”
    Last edited by IExposedYou; 04-12-2021 at 02:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

yeyeyeye
    yeye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IExposedYou View Post
    “A draw or tie occurs in a competitive sport when the results are identical or inconclusive. Ties or draws are possible in SOME, but not all, sports and GAMES.”
    Tries are okay if they happen by chance, not planned. That's immoral

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by umarrahim; 04-12-2021 at 10:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Leaderboard is a leaderboard for a season, and tieing will always exist. If you set a minimum requirement for top 10, the leaderboard will just die out. You have to acknowledge people will betray at the very last second. Welcome to leaderboard.

Sent from my SM-A705MN using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IExposedYou View Post
    Oh yeah in competitive sports people plan out to tie and score the same ammount of points what a nice comparison u made there

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Technically speaking, if no one run for the leaderboard or everyone only ran once getting same point, we are gonna be all top 1, right? Lmao

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk