Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tie shouldn't exist

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Then there shouldn’t be ties at top players also....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Drae12 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drae12 View Post

Can't do anything about top players, I can't think of anything atm to stop ties.

And besides, it's not that the top players are actually trying to tie, they have done all the APs. That's all.

They can brink PvE kills into the equation, but that would just create more drama and discourage newer players to compete.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by umarrahim View Post
    Can't do anything about top players, I can't think of anything atm to stop ties.

And besides, it's not that the top players are actually trying to tie, they have done all the APs. That's all.

They can brink PvE kills into the equation, but that would just create more drama and discourage newer players to compete.

Its up to players if they are going to tie with other players during the leaderboard events lol. They got the option not to tie and to tie.. its just the matter of how competitive you are...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Its up to players if they are going to tie with other players during the leaderboard events lol. They got the option not to tie and to tie.. its just the matter of how competitive you are...

Will u ask ur friend to answer wrong in exams so u can tie for the first place with him?

No, you encourage your friend to try their best, and you try ur best.

People are forced to tie now even if they don't want to. They don't want to anger every player out there, and risk losing trading and running opportunities.

It's unethical to tie on purpose, if it's accidental, the no problem, but on purpose it's bad.

Imagine 2 football teams keep tying on finals, how would u feel as a viewer lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Will u ask ur friend to answer wrong in exams so u can tie for the first place with him?

People are forced to tie now even if they don't want to. They don't want to anger every player out there, and risk losing trading and running opportunities.

It's unethical to tie on purpose, if it's accidental, the no problem, but on purpose it's bad.

Imagine 2 football teams keep tying on finals, how would u feel as a viewer lol.

We’re talking about competitions on Arcane Legends. It’s far different in sports or exams.

My point is, it’s either you risk trying to tie, or do your best to keep up your points. Ties happens because some lb players doesn’t have golds anymore to keep up their points, or they just dont want to spend more golds because they already spent a lot of it.

If you dont trust the players on the tie, then dont tie up with them, go ahead of them. That’s simple as that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Bro you just started comparing real life with an MMORPG. Its a bit ridiculous how you compare it, but I understood your point. It is a difficult problem. When they remove tie and 2 players work really hard and both get same points in goblin event f.e. one get rewarded better than the other that's unfair bc of shorter name or whatever the condition is. Saying tying is at your own risk is the easiest way to escape an answer. Giving random points will be based on luck and we all know some are way luckier than others. I think a possibility is when everyday u stay in lb of an event and your points are not changing you get removed 5-10 points. Yes that's randomly and based on luck but player will be forced to play till the last day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oawaoebi View Post
    Bro you just started comparing real life with an MMORPG. Its a bit ridiculous how you compare it, but I understood your point. It is a difficult problem. When they remove tie and 2 players work really hard and both get same points in goblin event f.e. one get rewarded better than the other that's unfair bc of shorter name or whatever the condition is. Saying tying is at your own risk is the easiest way to escape an answer. Giving random points will be based on luck and we all know some are way luckier than others. I think a possibility is when everyday u stay in lb of an event and your points are not changing you get removed 5-10 points. Yes that's randomly and based on luck but player will be forced to play till the last day.
    Not really, random points won't make a big difference.

Like if some has 2m points, and other has 1.999, opening the next green egg will either give them 1 or 2 points, if it's 1 point then tie, if 2 points then no tie.

Ppl will still be opening a lot of eggs, some may open less, yes. But atleast it will be more competitive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Default Tie shouldn't exist

Not really, random points won't make a big difference.

Like if some has 2m points, and other has 1.999, opening the next green egg will either give them 1 or 2 points, if it's 1 point then tie, if 2 points then no tie.

Ppl will still be opening a lot of eggs, some may open less, yes. But atleast it will be more competitive.

It makes no sense. You are only pointing on the arlorian egg hunt. But what about on the future events?

For sure you will say, do the same on every boss, different points on a single boss. What if a certain players does always have luck on getting the highest possible points on a single boss? Do you think it is fair for those who is not always lucky enough to get the highest points? It doesn’t really makes sense at all....

This is the example of what you are saying.

Player 1 (killed the event boss, and got 2 points by killing it)

Player 2 (killed the event boss, and only got 1 point on killing it)

Event if it’s just only a 1 point difference, its still gonna make a huge difference if you are going to make a 3k+ runs on the event.

[mention]Remiem [/mention] just close the thread please. We all know that’s not gonna happen...

Last edited by Drae12; 04-09-2021 at 06:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

You are right we should remove the app tie at 39.980

KAPPA