Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: STR Submission Thread - Design Humanian Legendary Weapons Contest - STRENGTH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

character ickymuck

strength

native tongue

used bye native leaders to execute all criminals on the islands

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Poseidon's Serpentine Trident

Character Name: Windwolve
    Category: STR
    Item's name: Poseidon's Serpentine Trident
    Image:
    Description below ^^

Poseidon’s Serpentine Trident
    Once, in an ancient, dark era, the god of the crushing oceans and roaring storms fought a fierce battle with a terrible demon. This beast, a twin-headed snake, glared ferociously at the mighty appearance of the divine being. Poseidon aimed with his spear, carefully approaching the snapping jaws…he prepared to launch it from his hand…but just as he was about to throw it at one of the monstrous fangs, the evil entity shattered the spear with its foul breath, leaving behind only shards of the now futile weapon. Suddenly, Poseidon was stricken with fear; for how could he ever manage to defeat the darkness with his legendary spear gone? A celestial tear ran down his cheek, falling onto the remaining fragments of his weapon. Amused, the twin-headed terror lurched at the desperate and helpless opponent to devour him alive. But then, a light brighter than the sun itself emerged from the essence of the shards, and the snake retreated anxiously, blinded by the immense glow of the mysterious object that formed in the palm of the god’s hand. Poseidon held the trident above his head, provoking his enemy, whose black soul had driven the purity from its own eyes. Enraged by the sudden shift in its prey’s attitude, the demonic beast rushed violently towards Poseidon, now even more powerful than ever before. As the monster felt the sharp trident penetrate its flesh, it realized, too late, its ultimate, lethal mistake. The lifeless body slammed into the ocean. The god looked at his fallen opponent with disdain, and just before ascending to the heavenly realm, he placed the weapon of legends inside the serpent, so that no one could ever claim the mightiest of all tridents. Unfortunately, it was this one purpose that failed.
    Today, thousands of years later, the currents of the oceans have brought Poseidon’s Serpentine Trident close to the shores of the distant continent of Alterra. It is rumored that the inner essence of the demon has been transferred to the trident: its toxic abilities would weaken those struck by this weapon every couple of seconds, rendering them screaming, helpless, as once Poseidon himself used to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Character Name: Windwaiker
    Category: Polearm (possibly 2h? Eh, 1h is ok too)
    Your Items Name: Naginata of the Four Winds
    Description: The compass is there so you'll never get lost!

Story: Nando Fortes was an avid explorer. All his life, he was traveling constantly. Even his parents were on the move when he was born. Discovering new places was Nando's passion, and his goal was to be the first to chart a complete map of all of Alterra. There was always one sweet spot that he always went back to, however. It was the beach at Forest Haven, the most southwest tip of the continent. The oceans were vast and majestic, and Nando always contemplated adventurous sailing after completing his map.
    He was very renowned for being the first to tread into uncharted territory (anyone else living there weren't considered "there" in the first place). Nando has been through the treacherous, crocodile infested swamps, the bitter temperatures and snow in the northern mountains, the scorching heat of deserts taken over by aliens, and the gloomy doom of a Transylvanian castle. Through all his travels, Nando wanted to return to the sunny beaches back at Forest Haven, but still wanted to go somewhere never-seen-before. He rolled out his map and took a glance.
    "The southeast is still blank," Nando murmured to himself. Picking out a shiny, golden compass, the arrow pointed north. He turned his body around until the arrow was around southeast, and started walking forward.

After several days of traveling, the climate started to feel warmer. The vegetation was lusher and the air more humid, but not even close to a beach. Nando constantly recorded what he saw in his journal, and plotted his coordinates on his map accordingly using constellations and other tools.
    Finally, after three week's worth of hiking, Nando saw a palm tree. He was excited and decided to sketch a picture of it to celebrate his success. He sat down for 30 minutes until rustling was heard nearby. Nando jerked his head side to side with perked ears, then settled back to his sketch. Minuted passed by, with nothing but the scratch of a pencil on paper. Just as Nando was about to wipe the sweat off his furry forehead, something struck his skull from behind and rendered him unconscious.

The explorer woke up and groggily lifted himself from the ground. Nando struggled to remember what happened, then he noticed his backpack splayed open a few meters away. He crawled toward it and checked to see if he was missing anything.
    "Map? Check. Water canteen? Good. Clothes? Still he---No, my sword!" Nando whirled around him and examined every angle for his weapon. After moments of searching, nothing turned up except for his journal and pencil. "Stupid, stupid, stupid me!" he said. "I should of realized there were monsters out here."
    Nando put his hand into his pocket to pull out his compass, but it wasn't there. He groaned. "Now I'm screwed," he thought. Not yet willing to give up, however, Nando wandered until he found a clearing of trees and stuck a stick into the ground. He placed a rock on the shadow of the stick and waited a half hour. Then he placed another rock on the stick's shadow, which was in a different spot from the last rock.
    "The first rock is west and the second one is east..." he thought. Nando walked southeast with a glimmer of hope.

After hours of walking, Nando stumbled upon a crude workshop within a circle of palm trees. The ground had more sand on it, so Nando thought he was getting closer. Curiously, he peeked at the workshop behind a large rock. There was a wooden table with rocky axes. He saw a red blade that looked quite familiar...the sword! Nando said, "Huh, why is there a stick attached to the blade?" He leaned closer, "Not to mention, my compass is there too!" He decided to dash for his supplies before someone returned, but then there was a great cry:
    "NOOO!!"
    A bear of a sandy color was staring at Nando holding the blade-attached-stick, with an expression of horror and despair. "You weren't supposed to find this place!" he exclaimed. Nando grunted at him and held his weapon like a spear. He started to approach his offender and the other bear held his hands up.
    "Wait! Please forgive me!"
    "And why should I?"
    "I know I didn't do the best thing, but I'll make it up to you!" The sandy bear was trembling at the knees.
    "How? This sword was expensive and has great sentimental value to me, and you disassembled it!"
    "I'll make a better weapon, that will be unique and will put in my best effort! Please, don't kill me! I have a family and---"
    "Ok ok, but you better show me what you can do." Nando continued to hold his blade-stick.
    The other bear started walking away and said, "Follow me."

The two bears traversed out of the workshop into a hut. There was a vast array of weapons handing on the wall, colorful and curved. "Here," the sandy bear pointed, "this is what I've done so far."
    "Huh, this is...better than I expected," Nando replied. He walked over to a sword and eyeballed the simple design. What caught his attention were the colors. Every weapon had the same colors, albeit different shades: red, orange, black and blue. Nando inquired about this.
    "Uuuuh," the bear began, "I use these colors as my trademark. So people know they're made by me." He paused. "The colors have a symbolic meaning, too."
    "Oh?"
    "Weapons are tools of battle, so I chose these colors for specific reasons.
    "Orange is the hot sand, the ground where we've waged war,
    "Red is the burning sun in our hearts and in the heat of battle,
    "Black is the evil blood that we expose of our enemies,
    "Blue is the water that heals our broken bodies."

Nando accepted the sandy bear's offer to make him a new weapon, and sternly told him, "You will do the best job on this project."
    The sandy bear simply said shyly, "For you are a foreigner, I will add one more color to your pole arm:
    "White is a new beginning, the blank page of a second chance,
    and something of your possession:
    "The compass will lead to new beginnings. It's direction points accurately, your blade will strike true."

Weapon Proc?: Because this polearm was made from mercy, it has a small chance to heal one's wounds.

Possible Effects: The compass needle would spin every so often, and the blade glows yellow.

Name:  naginataofthefourwinds.jpg
Views: 1500
Size:  42.1 KB

Wow, this is a long story.. lol...
    Last edited by Windwaiker; 05-15-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Character Name: xxfizzxx
    Category: str, sword and shield
    Item Name: Riptied sword of the depths, riptide shield of the depths

http://us.mg5.mail.yahoo.com/ya/down...Inbox&inline=1

Description: one of the three legendary weapons ever made by warlocks, deep in the ocean. this sword is said to have a mysterious power, that only the ones with the ability to wield it. it can slice anything it touches, just like the ultimate war machine. i also made a shield to go with it ( if the staff in spacetime studios doesnt accept the shield, its ok i understand ). so the shield is the strongest metal in Alterra. it can deflect anything that hits it. this sword and shield is the ultimate weapon for the one who possess its power.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Here's my entry: Islander's Bone Pololu

Ign: Conradin

Proc: Break armor duh! And bleed.

Effects: black smoke swirls off the bones and red off the spear.

Here's two pics showing the two types of spearheads that could be used

The story:

Years ago, so long ago the beards of humania's oldest inhabitants great great great great great great great grandparents were turning grey with age, the First War started. It was a massive civil war. All of the islands clans were strong and prosperous, and had all built great armies. The fight broke out after the assassination of the great coconut clan chiefs Boogaloo-Oogga-Coco-Nutlord and Roundskull-hardhead-Ooga-Master from the Coral clans leader Mako. All the clans got wrapped up in the fight because of silly treaties they had made to each other. This massive war lasted 200 years. Now humania is an Island, so nothing leaves or arrives for the most part, and late into the 199th year of the war, they began to run out of wood. The warriors of both the Cocnuts and Coral clan's armies ran out of Pololus (spears) and were forced to fight with rocks and fists. They were at a stalemate. A young warrior from the Coconuts named Conradin had a brilliant idea, Why not make spears out of the bones of the countless dead? He was appointed war chief and had the armies make spears out of bones and the numerous sharp shells from the sea. He attacked Mako and with his far better armed warriors and easily defeated them, ending the war after 200 years. The Islamders bone Pololu is still a viscous weapon and great warriors us Conradins great spear to this day.
    Last edited by Conradin; 05-14-2012 at 11:25 PM.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default "Nereus' Rapier"

PL IGN: Javinrye

Category: Strength / One-Hand Sword

Item's Name: "Nereus' Rapier"

Description: If you don't want to be a part of the sea, dodge the attack... Can you?

Name:  Nereus' Rapier.jpg
Views: 3826
Size:  58.3 KB

Story:
    Nereus, the infamous “Old Man of The Sea” who is also the father of all the Sea Nymphs, residing on the deepest part of the ocean under the Islands of Humania.

Nereus is also believed as the legendary Humanian who aided the Gods against the Evil on the first Great War. The Gods won the war but Nereus was almost bleeding to death and lost his right arm which is carrying his sword. As a reward to Nereus, King Neptune healed him, bring his arm back and also given a Divine Sword but in return he will be a demi-god living on the sea and a protector of Humania and its ocean at all cost

The blade was made of black coral with yellow orbs at the base, the cross guard and handle is made of salt water flowing and also covering half of the blade. Different bright shining orbs were also embedded from guard up to its tussle.

One strike of the sword can cut seas, creating waves and tsunami. Anyone who receives a strike from the sword will gradually turn into liquid.

Nereus married a Sea Nymph. She asked him to live with her on the Kingdom on the deepest part of the ocean under the Island.
    Last edited by Protege; 05-14-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Character Name: icemando
    Your Items Name: Golden Mace of Lion, Hae-Tae

Name:  lion sketch 700 web.jpg
Views: 2193
Size:  164.2 KBName:  lion coloring 750.jpg
Views: 1441
Size:  597.3 KB

About the story

The heroes who (had) defeated the bosses of Mount Fang once again embark on a journey to Humania in search of ancient relics.

The ancient relics lying deep in the heart of the Humania can grant the heroes legendary powers.

"Golden Mace of Lion, Hae-Tae", the legendary mace representing the justice.

when the heroes get the golden legendary weapon, they can conquer Humania , and make there to be peaceful...

Concept

It was not easy to come up with a concept with only a few pictures of Humania released, but I made the story based on the big frames of 'mega·lith', 'Shamanism', and also 'Humania island' on which the concept was drawn upon.

To be consistent with the main theme of "the relics of an ancient island", the weapon was made with gold.

The weapon representing the justice, with some senses of shamanism added as well.

cf> I used oriental legendary creature to the symbol. Because It makes people to feel more mysterious !

About the weapon

Hae-Tae is oriental mythical unicorn lion. According to legends, Hae-Tae symbolizes justice. So I utilized this sacred animal to symbolise justice of Alterra. Certainly, The stern demeanour of Hae-Tae on the top of a mace will make villains to be scared!

The effect
    White smoke is coiling up from mouth of the golden lion.
    I hope that the golden part glitter like gold.

Description of the weapon (in the game)
    "For the justice!"

PS: If the name of item is too long, change to,
    ex)
    Golden Mace of Lion
    Golden Mace of Hae-Tae
    Mace of Lion, Hae-Tae

I don't care

Finally,
    I can't use English well. However, I did my best. so I request for favorable arrangements.
    Last edited by icemando; 05-15-2012 at 03:24 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to icemando For This Useful Post:

The Netherlands, posted 8 hours later than forum time.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Character name: SebastiaaNL
    Str weapon.
    Name of weapon: Totum's Hammer of SebastiaaNL
    Image:

Description: A mega hammer for the strongest people, because of the huge totum! (could be something else too)

Its not the most beautiful design, but perhaps the idea is good
    SebastiaaNL 67 mage, IlikePvP 66 bird, DutchTwinkk 56 bear, NoobzGtfo 44 bird, BoomFear 35 mage, moneymakerrr 11 merchant
    Proud member of Influence!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Character namefiues
    Item name: meteor of doom
    Category:strength
    Description: legend says it was carved from the meteor that created the seas

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 1269
Size:  256.8 KB

Name:  image (1).jpeg
Views: 1183
Size:  269.3 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry characters name is ofiues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Character Name: xxfizzxx
    Category: Str, one handed sword, shield
    Item name: Riptide sword of the depths, riptide shield of the depths

Name:  download.jpeg
Views: 2915
Size:  285.1 KB

Description: one of the legendary weapons of humania. this sword was made by elfqueen's warlocks deep in the ocean. it has the power and strength that can slice anything it touches. once the wielder has a hold of the sword and shield, it will have maximum power and strength.

( sorry about the color in my drawing. the sword should be red and gray, same as the shield. and the effects is that it has red, black, blue sparks glowing to the sword and shield. )
    Last edited by fizzxx; 05-15-2012 at 03:21 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Default Tiki Crusher Of Emotion

Character Name- Deuvevax
    Item Category- STR
    Item Name- Tribal Tiki Crusher Of Emotion

Description-
    This beautifully designed club was made by a horrified Humanian boy. At we the Alterrians slaughter our foes and drive them back out of all animal civilization... We don't realize who we are pushing it too. The Humanians!!!!
    Once in a peaceful village a young boy sat on his fathers lap and studied his ways of woodwork. He examined the muscles tense and flex as his father drove his sharp tool into with soft wood with care...
    Years later, the now young teen sat at his own bench, carving, at small scraps of palm wood or driftwood without a care in the world. After wiping his sweaty brow with his worn fingers he heard a faint call coming from his mother. He was needed to help his elderly pa in his carving.
    Months later, the young man, who is now a joyful professinal carver, was picking up the family trade and enjoying life. As he careful smoothed a broad piced of wood into the final lookings of a small tiki pole... An alarm rang in his mind. It was also as if the room siddenly got darker, on a cloudless sky... As he shot out of his shop at an alarming speed he noticed dark clouds brewing in the distant oceans he was "frightened." he strolled back in his makeshift hut and put the final touches on his tiki pole. He grasped it "lovingly." he then sprinted out side aroused by the screams of his beloved family and friends! He was "angry." he looked out over the crisp blue waves... Wait... Not blue... Black... Reflecting the pure evil that was devouring everything in its path...
    This young man was no longer the innocent wood carver but the experienced warrior. He tighted his grip on his tiki pole, which now was another limb to him... A powerful weapon. He charged the oncoming dark creatures now chunking spear and flaming arrows... The sorcerers now throwing their dark orbs of brilliance... His pole now changing to the emotion that was now inside of him. The tiki faces twisting with pain then contorted with sadness. He crushed his enemies with one blow now pouring out his inner fury! He flamed with anger and hus pole... Not a pole a club.. Grew.. And grew... Till worn out, he spotted a giant orb of evil darkness seep out of the dark clouds and zoom toward his innocent family. He leaped and right before he made contact he glimpsed his great wreckedge made by this weapon in his hand... "how..." he thought... Then blacked out.

"What's this?" said a humble bear. He then picked up a beautiful tiki club and suddenly the faces changed.. Exactly to match his calm manner. In awe, the bear shoved it in his belt and strolled on to catch up with his troop.

---------------------------------------------------
    Procs- possibly stun.

Effects- the tiki faces changing emotion. Example- when swung they could change to angry. When not on auto or Is just lying around can be in a normal mood.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Xionskull; 05-16-2012 at 07:37 AM.

"...And may the odds be ever in your favor." ~Effie Trinket

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Xionskull For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know that there is only 1 entry allowed per category, but for a couple of them, I couldn't quite decide on which one to submit, so I'm including both for each one, and the judges can choose which ones they want to accept.

One idea I had was to make each weapon (or item) part of a larger group, so when combined (with 1 of each class at least in a group wielding the weapons or items), the weapons create an even more powerful effect (sort of like with Captain Planet and the 5 rings). I know this isn't the point of the contest, and that it might be a bit difficult to implement, but it was a neat idea that I thought could possibly be implemented later on if decided. This is the original idea I had for this:

Like the eye of Horus, these 3 weapons, when combined, create the most magical power of the islands in the fierce land of Humania!

They where discovered by accident and now are a force to be reckoned with!
    With this GREAT trifecta, the wrath is MIGHTY and the battles are won!
    For they are made up as the Eye, with its 6 components:

Touch, Taste, Hearing, Thought, Sight, Smell.

To achieve this mega force, you must win a GREAT battle and find these elusive and highly sought-after weapons!
    Mage
    The Wand (or Staff) of Touch
    The Bracer of Thought

Bear
    The Trident of Taste
    The Shield of Smell

Bird
    The Bow of Hearing
    The Arrow of Sight

Again, not really relevant to the contest, but a neat idea nonetheless.

Anyway, I digress; here are my official contest entries:

Character Name: Abefek

Item Name: Trident of Tides
    Description: Found deep in the oceans of Humania, this trident ebbs with magical power when wielded.

Item Name: Tiki Shield
    Description: Buried in the sands of Humania, this shield glows with magical power.

Last edited by Bunz2u; 05-17-2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Wrong item names

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A quick note on my previous post: I intended to use the item names included in the drawing, but accidentally used the ones from my idea description above it. I would have edited it, but I can't since the post isn't visible yet. Once it is, I'll edit it accordingly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Character Name: sandbxx
    Category: Strength
    Your Item’s Name: Saber of the Seas
    Description: An old myth of Humania is said that at the bottom of the ocean there lies a sword hand crafted by an expert blacksmith who died in a tragic tsunami many centuries ago and very few have seen the sword itself, but those that have seen the sword disappeared in the unkown waters of Humania.

http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/...516_233450.jpg
    Name:  20120516_233450.jpg
Views: 801
Size:  280.5 KB
    Last edited by sandboxx; 05-16-2012 at 10:34 PM.