Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting rid of strength disadvantages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Default Getting rid of strength disadvantages

This problem has been brought up a few times in other threads.

Nobody that I know that plays pocket legends has a full str build. This is because full str has major disadvantages.For instance, the biggest disadvantage- 67% "raw" hit (no gear). Full dex birds work and full int mages work. Other cross-attribute builds work fairly well, too. Full str doesn't work well. Sometimes you may see the occasional int/str build, but the vast majority of bears that use str gear are str/dex. The disadvantages of full str are too significant.

Here's an example- Level 35 copperhead bears. 35 bears use copperhead for the hit%. They want the high armor given by copperhead, but they can't go full str because they have to maintain a decent hit%. Most other str sets at this level don't even get above 100% hit no matter what. Almost all copperhead bears have the minimum stat requirement for copperhead (75 str). The rest is in dex to boost their hit%. Nobody is full str- instead, they all focus on boosting hit%.

My recommendation is to simply rid of full str disadvantages. Str should add hit%, as opposed to the current +0 hit%. Thanks
    Last edited by Dynastu; 05-03-2012 at 08:01 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dynastu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

DYNAH!
    good plan
    The only level pure str is an option is at 50 with rift set

Luvaria

Is this why i don't see bears in Pvp much? Cause they seem to be for tanking Pve... .-.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luvaria View Post
    Is this why i don't see bears in Pvp much? Cause they seem to be for tanking Pve... .-.
    Actually, bears are beasts in PvP at 65/66, 61, 56, 51 (as far as I have experienced), it's just that not many people can use them efficiently. They need skill, but can be great at 1-1s and even better for FFA, Ctf. I don't see a reason why bears should get further boosts.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

imho pure STR bear dont have do deal much damage in pve combat. The main idea of STR bear is to distract the attention of all enemies to himself. Than full dex bird and full int mage can do their job...

The full str bear, is a tank with huge dodge and plenty of health.

Moreover, for pvp fights the full str bear is also very good, provided that the battle is not one on one but the team on the team. For example in the battle - capture the flag. If you have good full party team than the victory is assured.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Capitapy:637399
    imho pure STR bear dont have do deal much damage in pve combat. The main idea of STR bear is to distract the attention of all enemies to himself. Than full dex bird and full int mage can do their job...

The full str bear, is a tank with huge dodge and plenty of health.

Moreover, for pvp fights the full str bear is also very good, provided that the battle is not one on one but the team on the team. For example in the battle - capture the flag. If you have good full party team than the victory is assured.
    Have fun tanking when ur beckon misses 1/3 of the time o_O
    And for ffa yes they are good for the team not on their own, they take all the dmg and the birds and mages get all the kills

I tried pure str for awhile, it was highly inneffective, it became much easier when i went hybrid w/ dex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    And for ffa yes they are good for the team not on their own, they take all the dmg and the birds and mages get all the kills

I tried pure str for awhile, it was highly inneffective, it became much easier when i went hybrid w/ dex
    Bears wouldn't get more kills in FFA from going full str (with added hit) anyways. And the whole purpose of a FFA is to play beneficial for the team. I'm a Dexbird and I find it ridiculous when tanks tell me I'm "kill-stealin/leeching", that's my job!

The change would just be a further increase in survivability (armor, dodge, hp), and those bears are already quite hard to take down.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Hmm this is for sure a good point. I feel that each build needs to focus on their one particular attribute and the bears simply lack that. Strength should have more benefits... at least for bears other than item requirements.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I'd say the advantage now of being full str would be being the flag runner. As long as you have your posse around you (since you cannot do much damage yourself) you would be pretty invincible with all that health. However, 1v1 wouldn't be very exciting for you. miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss. See my point?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab:637643

Bears wouldn't get more kills in FFA from going full str (with added hit) anyways.
    Yeh, but at least let us be able to tank(pure str) and our beckon hit most often 90%+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

then u be overpowered and other classes will want more too then we will all have stats like justg

Luvaria

Quote Originally Posted by Livemau View Post
    then u be overpowered and other classes will want more too then we will all have stats like justg
    Lmao, it will be a pvp nightmare like the flowers Who knew flowers could be so deadly!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Well, it may be overpowered at levels 50+. But honestly, although people will disagree with this, something else should be adjusted accordingly to keep things evened out.

Like ghost said, each class should be able to focus on their one particular attribute, and bears lack that.

I mean, go to 35 pvp and tell me bears are already insanely powerful p:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Full str is there for a reason, just like full dex or full int is.

Full dex: Boost hit%, Crit, damage

Full int: Alittle hit%, a little mana/r ,and "MAJOR" skI'll damage

Full str: Loads of armor, Mega dodge, and some crit, More health/r

As you can see here, Bears main attribute is str, str is provided for tanking and dodging, oh and debuffong

Mages main attribute is int, which lets them never (maybe) run out of mana (unless ms) and constant healing and reviving.even nuking the bosses

Archers main attribute is dex, Which helps the archers deal "MASS" amounts of damage at one time.

A team with all these 3 characters (Pure of attribute) can dominate the CTF arena.

Here's how it will go, Bears will be able to charge into the crowd, tanking and debuffing the enemys, while the archer is dealing massive amounts of damage, while all that happens the Mage will be constantly healing and reviving her/his comrad.

*The option to add hit% to str will OP bears and warbird ( maybe even pallys)
    Last edited by Elitephonix; 05-21-2012 at 08:29 PM.
    One is too be what once couldn't of been before time let thy be what they could've been, therefore we praise Haxur.
    -Haxur bes 61 mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elitephonix View Post
    Full str is there for a reason, just like full dex or full int is.

As you can see here, Bears main attribute is str, str is provided for tanking and dodging, oh and debuffong

Mages main attribute is int, which lets them never (maybe) run out of mana (unless ms) and constant healing and reviving.even nuking the bosses

Archers main attribute is dex, Which helps the archers deal "MASS" amounts of damage at one time.

A team with all these 3 characters (Pure of attribute) can dominate the CTF arena.

Here's how it will go, Bears will be able to charge into the crowd, tanking and debuffing the enemys, while the archer is dealing massive amounts of damage, while all that happens the Mage will be constantly healing and reviving her/his comrad.

*The option to add hit% to str will OP bears and warbird ( maybe even pallys)
    I disagree
    The god of all warbirds (nameless) runs in and kill the bird and the mage in 4 shots if they are next to each other. Then fights the bear who cant deal damage very well when his friends come out of cover. Just saying kill the mage and bird then the bear. Your idea would work if you were forced to aim for the bear but everyone runs past them to get to the less strong players then takes them out while they are lonely

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Livemau View Post
    I disagree
    The god of all warbirds (nameless) runs in and kill the bird and the mage in 4 shots if they are next to each other. Then fights the bear who cant deal damage very well when his friends come out of cover. Just saying kill the mage and bird then the bear. Your idea would work if you were forced to aim for the bear but everyone runs past them to get to the less strong players then takes them out while they are lonely
    Completely true. Since beckon usually mmisses

If Strength gives more hit this would OP warbirds and Pallys
    if warbird can hit almost every single hit they would win
    pallys still hae the strongest skill damage out of all Strength based toons. They would easily kill anything. And since they can heal easily and take off roots and stuns super fast they would definitely benefit.
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dynastu View Post
    I mean, go to 35 pvp and tell me bears are already insanely powerful p:
    Bears most OP class ever.

GG bruh. 10-0.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elitephonix:653427

Well actually with my orlok set from 150str/restdex to pure str i think i gained 7 armour and around 3 dodge maybe
    And lost 29 hit -.-
    And if a tank is supposed to just stand around and take dmg, idk if anyone really finds that fun, if u have 2 birds on u, u could easily have ur hit knocked to below 10%
    So the bear just gets the honor of running around with the words 'miss' and 'dodge' floating above his head

And for 1v1
    Idk why pure int beats other specs for mages
    Pure dex works nicely on birds
    But pure str is probably worst spec for bears (possibly better than an int str combo(idk does anyone use that?))

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Elyseon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    Bears most OP class ever.

GG bruh. 10-0.
    Lmao ofc, otu

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

(possibly better than an int str combo(idk does anyone use that?))
    nazgul most likely does that.
    When there is too much

Don't forget