Thread: Merching

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Merching

Hi guys, any can give me some tips for merching? I have 10m gold... How can i start?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Senior Member firebelt & crystalkiller's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    Hi guys, any can give me some tips for merching? I have 10m gold... How can i start?

Don't.. For merch that should be profitable u shud have 100-200m spare gold..
    So gring events/gold until u are there..
    U basically can merch with 10m but u would just make very marginal prof or probly loss unless u know prices very well.
    So don't even think about it.
    Try to get to know prices of highly demanded/demand potential items.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Stop listening to whoever tells you to merch, it is so bad and slow gold income and often you lose gold.

What can you merch with 10m?
    Just like what Firebelt said, Let's say you can do some merching with that amount, the profit you will get is 100k-400k.
    Look at those people farming events and making 10m more or less in a single event.
    Ign: Quintinn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greazemk View Post
    Stop listening to whoever tells you to merch, it is so bad and slow gold income and often you lose gold.

Just like what Firebelt said, Let's say you can do some merching with that amount, the profit you will get is 100k-400k.
    Look at those people farming events and making 10m more or less in a single event.
    Its a good supplement, say you have 10m lying around, you can merch plat eggs, crate keys and awake gems. Albeit a low profit, with 15k profits per plat egg merched, 100k per 50 crate keys merched, and around 4-5k profit per awake gem merched. Its a good income while waiting for energy to craft.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PoorCharlatan For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greazemk View Post

Profit with 10m is 100-400k? Lolz if u have no clue its best to dont say anything at all. With 10m u can easely make 1-3m profit on each trade, even more if you know wich items to buy. I even dare to say I can turn a 10m into 100m in a month. But merching requires a lot information. You need to know market inside out and even then it's hard to predict. My advise try to aim for some items and try to follow them in auction/chat.
    See wich ones sell and for what price. And the timeframe the items sell. It can say a lot about the demand of the item. If you really want to get in merching u need to make a lot observation hours before actually go into it. Know the market and use it into your advantage. If you want u can send me a pm and i can give you some tips on wich items to merch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swoutttt View Post
    Profit with 10m is 100-400k? Lolz if u have no clue its best to dont say anything at all. With 10m u can easely make 1-3m profit on each trade, even more if you know wich items to buy. I even dare to say I can turn a 10m into 100m in a month. But merching requires a lot information. You need to know market inside out and even then it's hard to predict. My advise try to aim for some items and try to follow them in auction/chat.
    See wich ones sell and for what price. And the timeframe the items sell. It can say a lot about the demand of the item. If you really want to get in merching u need to make a lot observation hours before actually go into it. Know the market and use it into your advantage. If you want u can send me a pm and i can give you some tips on wich items to merch.
    Profit with 10m is 100-400k?

Yes, in his case his information on prices of certain items isn't that well like yours so.. he should stay away from merching first, learn the game and know how the market works now.

Merching knowing that you are a bit new to the game is very hard.

Edit: not all merchants is as good as you.
    Ign: Quintinn

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Greazemk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Farm events. You should have made over 10m from this last event without too much effort, and have new items stored up for later.

Star light, star bright...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Limited + Good/High in Demand = good profits

The very basic merch formula

Ex: Egg zavier event

Limited + Demand(almost used for Seasonal lb or aps in general) = they inflated and some doubled the price

Sent from my vivo 1820 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dreezzle; 04-30-2021 at 07:52 PM.
    ✿✿✿

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dreezzle View Post
    Limited + Good/High in Demand = good profits

The very basic merch formula

Ex: Egg zavier event

Limited(twice per year i believe) + Demand(almost used for Seasonal lb or aps in general) = they inflated and some doubled the price

Eggzavier twice a uear ??? Quit forums and forat study how many times an event is conducted ... u need to learn before advising

FA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

imagine if anybody from good merchants will really give you worthy advice ;D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trade View Post
    imagine if anybody from good merchants will really give you worthy advice ;D
    Actually 10m is like 100k and merching doesnt work as all players now are merchers and will try to rob you will they wont get robbed typival attitude ....

-FA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Simple merch
    Buy those 30% dmg elixir and 25% dmg reduction elix for 18k and 14k before gates open, sell those for 23k and 18k when gates open, even higher. Try to blow 5m as trial first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lookupnabs View Post
    Actually 10m is like 100k and merching doesnt work as all players now are merchers and will try to rob you will they wont get robbed typival attitude ....

-FA
    Omg quit forums 10m is not like 100k quit forums go back learning math

✿✿✿

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

My main problem when i started merchng was that i didnt know the prices of most items. So i noted down the prices of clean gears/ jewels/elixirs/chest/eggs/vanities etc. I noted their prices like ,3-4 times in order to avoid fake prices . Then when i felt like someone was rushing/ selling something for cheap, i would just check my list of prices and buy it. Also you can also ask guildies/frnds for prices of awakened gears if ur not sure. Also know when prices are going to fall or climb up. For example when evg opens jewel elixirs are gonna fall and damge elixs gonna rise a bit. Also energy prices/jewel elixirs rise a bit when energy based events start. Also there are times when items fall in price. Example dont buy energies at the ending period of a energy based event. And definitely dont buy elite gems at end days of awakening event. Imo awakened gears are really one of the most profitable items. But you really need to know the prices. Hope this helps

Sent from my Redmi 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by worshipped View Post
    My main problem when i started merchng was that i didnt know the prices of most items. So i noted down the prices of clean gears/ jewels/elixirs/chest/eggs/vanities etc. I noted their prices like ,3-4 times in order to avoid fake prices . Then when i felt like someone was rushing/ selling something for cheap, i would just check my list of prices and buy it. Also you can also ask guildies/frnds for prices of awakened gears if ur not sure. Also know when prices are going to fall or climb up. For example when evg opens jewel elixirs are gonna fall and damge elixs gonna rise a bit. Also energy prices/jewel elixirs rise a bit when energy based events start. Also there are times when items fall in price. Example dont buy energies at the ending period of a energy based event. And definitely dont buy elite gems at end days of awakening event. Imo awakened gears are really one of the most profitable items. But you really need to know the prices. Hope this helps

Sent from my Redmi 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Fyi this is what kills merching .. merching is all about buying less and selling high u gain someone loses simple....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lookupnabs View Post
    Fyi this is what kills merching .. merching is all about buying less and selling high u gain someone loses simple....
    Nope, this concept is flawed in AL because of gold loot.

When someone loses it means they end up less than what they started with it.

But let's say someone started their day with 42m, and spent 3 hours farming to earn 3m gold, and bought Dugg Daggs for 45m, this person didn't lose anything.

Sure the other person may have bought for 42m for example, and sold for 45m, and gained 3m. The other person didn't actually lose anything.

Unlike real world, AL has a constant source of income, a way which keeps adding gold into the game. You can think of it as an infinite gold mine.

If a person mines from that gold mine, and buys a Lamborghini, did he lose anything?

The only thing that's being lost is time, and time is being spent by both parties.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

My merch map on what I do. Heres a hint. Find a Need / major use for the item that will cause it to rise on a specific time frame.
    In winter event I hoard elixirs because everyone opens the hell out of locks. Elixirs are dirt cheap in winter (60% exp was 30k each) I bought 2000x. They are now 50k+ each.
    1500-2000x of each elixir. Strictly the 2 best will be Luck and 60% exp. Luck for eggzavior and Easter will rise to over 40k each a kit when in winter they cost like 18k in winter.
    In expansion, I have no clue on what they will be, 76 expansion they lost their value due to p2w exp for plat...
    In Jan if awake event comes I hoard about 40,000 blue gems for 30k each. Months later can use the current time as a reference, one gem is now 40k+. I spend 30mil on 999x kits I can resell for 40mil now. In the Lunar event I hoard the new heroic Bao egg. I paid 6mil each they are now worth 10mil each.
    In Feb I spend time gathering gold from events and or selling stuff I don't need or want.
    In March Easter comes and I hoard red eggs. Red eggs hold 10 story tokens, 5,000 maus points, and shuyal shards. People mainly open them for story tokens and or 5,000 maus point kit over the year so they rise due to usage. Also in Easter I hoard Orc fangs, Standard Finesse jewels and Standard Fury jewels.
    Plat eggs on the other hand cost too much to be used often so their value doesn't change too much.
    April I gather gold once again and hoard speed sets since goblin event makes them cheap from many opening locks.

Find a use for items that will cause them to rise.
    Damage elix: Planar arena lb, Elite gates, Swamp temple, people who rush events.
    Damage reduction elix: Elite gates, Swamp temple.
    Blue awake gems: Constantly being consumed and used on gear 24/7. Buy 30k each. Sell 40k+ each.
    Luck elixirs: Easter, Eggzavior, Levelar. Buy 18k each. Sell 40k each.
    Red eggs: 5,000 order points, 10 story tokens. Buy 600g each. Sell 3k each.
    60% elixirs: Expansion, 2x exp days, seasonal lb reset. Buy 30k each. Sell 60k+ each.
    Standard Finesse / Fury: It takes 81 standard to make a noble. 81 times 8000 is 648,000 add like 50k for craft cost of 1 jewel and that's 700k for 1 noble finesse which can be sold for 1mil each. Fury is half the price, 4k each.
    Orc fangs: On seasonal lb reset they are used to craft the glint set so price rises from people buying. (I was told putting mythic glint set from your main onto your alt does not give the aps as you must craft it. Buy 1k each. Sell 5k+ each.
    Haste sets: They rise in price on events like Eggzavior, Easter, Levelar, and some others.
    Ok there's my long post.

Last edited by Encryptions; 05-01-2021 at 10:26 AM.