Thread: Healing tree please!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Default Healing tree please!

I would love to have a healing tree. I usually play healers in mmos.

That way you can make the levels much harder...and pvp would be way cooler.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blaquehaaart For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Hmmm. Maybe a revive also? That'll help a lot.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

I won't see healer good idea in dark legends because everyone have their own heal "skill". But revive would be useful sometimes.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Lady_Pebbles

I'd rather they let us feed off of other players in DM for a certain time. Same with zombies in CtF

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Healing is impossible in this game because what would you be healing? Use blood to heal blood? Unless it costs X blood and heals X + Y blood (In case your math is bad, heals more than it costs) it's not worth using. Maybe they'd make a skill that heals only others? Kinda like give your blood to others, but I would just prefer to spend blood to heal more blood than I spent. Doubt they'd do this since nobody would use packs.

Basically since we only have one resource in this game a healer tree would be hard to introduce. Although a buff others with more damage or buff everybody with quicker blood regeneration skill is not out of the question.

We do need a revive though. Maybe put it near the start so you don't need to spend much to get it.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Yeah...you could use your blood to heal, and put life leeching skills in the same tree, which would work in tandem.

Something like:

Leech: cost 16 blood - does 35-65 damage. Heals self for 100-150. Charged version is an aoe. 10 second cool down

Blood transfusion: cost 16 blood - heals up to 2 allies in a 12 meter range for 150-200 blood. Charged version heals 4 allies and increase their armor by +2. 3 second cool down.

Ancient blood: cost 30 blood - regenerates 50 blood per second, increases armor +25, and grants immunity from immobilizing effects for 15 seconds. Charge version last for 25. Ancient blood also increases the damage of other spell in the healing tree by +5. 60 second cold down.

Bloodletter: cost 30 blood - aoe damage over time spell that does 40 damage per second for 5 seconds, and heals party members within 12 meters of victims for 80 health per second for 5 seconds. Charged version increases armor by +15 and effect to 7 seconds. cool down 10 seconds.

Basically, the healing tree would be a low damage, healing, and pvp tanking tree (because all healers in pvp pretty much tank). The person can heal their party members, or tank with leech spells...but not at the same time. Also, it isn't a dps tree, more like a survivability tree with healing utility, which would take forever to kill things, so it isn't crazy op. All the spells could be based on attack and damage, but just applied to healing and damage.

Healer synergy is one of the best aspects to playing an mmo, over a one player game. I definitely hope that STS considering one. I think it would be a great thing.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blaquehaaart View Post
    Yeah...you could use your blood to heal, and put life leeching skills in the same tree, which would work in tandem.

Something like:

Leech: cost 16 blood - does 35-65 damage. Heals self for 100-150. Charged version is an aoe. 10 second cool down

Blood transfusion: cost 16 blood - heals up to 2 allies in a 12 meter range for 150-200 blood. Charged version heals 4 allies and increase their armor by +2. 3 second cool down.

Ancient blood: cost 30 blood - regenerates 50 blood per second, increases armor +25, and grants immunity from immobilizing effects for 15 seconds. Charge version last for 25. Ancient blood also increases the damage of other spell in the healing tree by +5. 60 second cold down.

Bloodletter: cost 30 blood - aoe damage over time spell that does 40 damage per second for 5 seconds, and heals party members within 12 meters of victims for 80 health per second for 5 seconds. Charged version increases armor by +15 and effect to 7 seconds. cool down 10 seconds.

Basically, the healing tree would be a low damage, healing, and pvp tanking tree (because all healers in pvp pretty much tank). The person can heal their party members, or tank with leech spells...but not at the same time. Also, it isn't a dps tree, more like a survivability tree with healing utility, which would take forever to kill things, so it isn't crazy op. All the spells could be based on attack and damage, but just applied to healing and damage.

Healer synergy is one of the best aspects to playing an mmo, over a one player game. I definitely hope that STS considering one. I think it would be a great thing.
    That could work, considering the trade off of high damage, low cooldown skills for little damage high cooldown helper skills. The limit of four skills means investing space would offset the advantage.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Yeah, and the lower tier skills could still be used in other trees, and they would add some survivibility but at the sacrifice of the damage and other utility skills.

Choosing skills can come down to a balance between survivabilty, damage, and utility.

Currently this game is unbalanced. All the survivability, damage, and utility lays in the vs/stomp build. There really isn't balance between the builds right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I like your ideas Blaq. Very much inspired by SL. I was seriously expecting a version of Transference in DL, but no.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange