Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temple Event flaws and solutions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Default Temple Event flaws and solutions

Since another one will be held soon, I might as well have a discussion about its flaws and possible solutions - in the hopes for developers to consider, while early.

Starting it off with the group lb. Yes, 4 tank teams shouldn't happen again, ever.

So, similar to how Honor Pvp works, the fitting solution is to have Temple be a 3 man team with a class restriction of 1 class each instead, to balance and distribute classes evenly and fairly.

Next are the bombs. It doesn't make sense for a consumable item influence the battlefield to such extents. At high waves, bombs deplete 50% hp of all mobs surrounding it.

It is rather boring to have running times be further extended because of this, as suppose to just exerting all the effort by actually playing.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 05-05-2021 at 11:50 AM.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

yesyesyes +1000

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Make the waves considerably harder. I don't want to spend hours on one run. Keep putting bosses in every 5 or 10 waves. Unless your running lb there is no point in going past wave 20 or 21 whatever the last boss is. +1 to teams of 3, one of each class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

+1 also maybe make it so hardcore characters death don't count in temple zone so that we get a chance to loot gear, crates, and maybe even try for lb

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Normal: Champist
    Hardcore: Caption

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Champist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Careful, warrs gonna write a 10 page essay saying why nothing should be changed

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kystone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

+1

I have never ran this event but this definitely seems like legit feedback. Full tank teams!? the bombs i heard were op af too but idk man...i wanna know what STS solution to those are because the item has been in the game forever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Nerf glint aegis in temple event. Even if bombs are removed warrior teams will still rule as long as glint aegis remains exploitable (Lv46 Mythic weapon lol)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Since another one will be held soon, I might as well have a discussion about its flaws and possible solutions - in the hopes for developers to consider, while early.

Starting it off with the group lb. Yes, 4 tank teams shouldn't happen again, ever.

So, similar to how Honor Pvp works, the fitting solution is to have Temple be a 3 man team with a class restriction of 1 class each instead, to balance and distribute classes evenly and fairly.

Next are the bombs. It doesn't make sense for a consumable item influence the battlefield to such extents. At high waves, bombs deplete 50% hp of all mobs surrounding it.

It is rather boring to have running times be further extended because of this, as suppose to just exerting all the effort by actually playing.

Agreed.... really liking that 3man idea u got going

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

+10000 to class restriction. However, for the sake of convenience, that should only be a thing if u want your score in group lb. Players who farm the event should be able to join a random map and not worry/wait for a specific class. I don’t know how big of an issue this is bc i don’t farm the event, but something to consider.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

As far as I remember top 50 ln temple was full of mixed teams, only few of the highest were 3/4 warriors per team but not even all the highest. I remember 2 wars 1 mage 1 rog or 2 wars 2 mages as teams on the top. Also, if you dont wanna compete against other classes, there is still solo leaderbord, with awesome rewards aswell.

About bombs, I like that players adds different strategies that involves, skills, pets, items there are unusual and unused in most of endgame maps, it makes things different and avoid the leading of always the same group of players into all leaderbords (like all the boss damage leaderbords).

So im not a warrior, but I think dragkin/swamp temple challange are fine as they are.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 8 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default Temple Event flaws and solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Willl View Post
    As far as I remember top 50 ln temple was full of mixed teams, only few of the highest were 3/4 warriors per team but not even all the highest. I remember 2 wars 1 mage 1 rog or 2 wars 2 mages as teams on the top. Also, if you dont wanna compete against other classes, there is still solo leaderbord, with awesome rewards aswell.

About bombs, I like that players adds different strategies that involves, skills, pets, items there are unusual and unused in most of endgame maps, it makes things different and avoid the leading of always the same group of players into all leaderbords (like all the boss damage leaderbords).

So im not a warrior, but I think dragkin/swamp temple challange are fine as they are.

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 8 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk
    Only a few rogues and mages got top 10 group last year and it was only bc of tanks such as Kystones and Thunderwars that took in mages and rogues. 4 war teams were ridiculously overpowered, mages and rogue could barely contribute in group, they just hid most of the time. At least mages had haste ultimate but rogues’ ultimates were almost useless.

And about bombs, they really don’t add variety to leaderboard; the people who had them were already well off in terms of gear and gold. The reason is that for bombs to do impactful dmg, you also have to have high dmg. Bombs do not bring opportunity and allow for other players to compete, they do the opposite and raise the bar of competition so that only the richest or people with op gears can benefit from them.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Deathlyreaper For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by capeo View Post
    Make the waves considerably harder. I don't want to spend hours on one run. Keep putting bosses in every 5 or 10 waves. Unless your running lb there is no point in going past wave 20 or 21 whatever the last boss is. +1 to teams of 3, one of each class.
    +10,000

I made a suggestion like this some time ago about this here: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...re-Wave-events
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    +10,000

I made a suggestion like this some time ago about this here: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...re-Wave-events
    Yes many good ideas brought up before, I just hope they implement some of them.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to capeo For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post

So much crying because cant afford dark bombs and haven't been carried to top10 group lb at last temple event lols

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -Rogue- View Post
    So much crying because cant afford dark bombs and haven't been carried to top10 group lb at last temple event lols
    You miss the point. Bombs are the cheap part compared to a top pve set. It makes no sense to keep them so op. Do you really think the problem is to pay a few millions for those bombs?
    I wasnt carried either. I want to be on a lb bc I deserve the place and not because I got carried or even paid for a carry from warriors.
    Last edited by QuaseT; 05-06-2021 at 03:37 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    You miss the point. Bombs are the cheap part compared to a top pve set. It makes no sense to keep them so op. Do you really think the problem is to pay a few millions for those bombs?
    I wasnt carried either. I want be on a lb bc I deserve the place and not because I got carried or even paid for a carry from warriors.
    You miss the point. He wouldn't start this thread if he had been in both LBs at last temple event facts
    He told by himself he is going switch to light side because dark bombs too expensive. About pve set, it can be taken from friends (every temple event I see 2-3 rogues in top10 with borrowed sets and one of them even with shared acc)
    Also how bombs giving any advantage to warriors compared to other classes. Warriors can do that lb without bombs. I dont care if bombs going be removed from event, but if its event about having good tactic skills (call it how you want) + gears, then elixirs shouldn't work in event zone too,right? Nobody mentioned about removing elixirs tho
    Also why there's no thread about evg group Lb and that it should require all classes and that bombs shouldn't work there? Ah yes because he got carried there, no need cry about evg lb anymore

Ok let's imagine bombs wont work and getting into group lb will require all classes, you said you deserve place on LB for some reason, have you imagined how your run will be? Nobody asked to nerf warrior's damage or defence here, nobody asked to add bosses with very high armor every 5-10 waves (which could be killed easier by procs of bow/gun like in evg), and anyway you will be carried into that lb (if you are on mage/rogue) because warriors are who killing and surviving at that event, trying deal some damage by rogue and mage - you will get randomly 1hitted at high waves at some moment if you dont hide. Only use of rogue/mage in group lb is ultimates and bombs.
    Last edited by -Rogue-; 05-06-2021 at 03:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

You miss the point. He wouldn't start this thread if he had been in both LBs at last temple event facts
    He told by himself he is going switch to light side because dark bombs too expensive. About pve set, it can be taken from friends (every temple event I see 2-3 rogues in top10 with borrowed sets and one of them even with shared acc)
    Also how bombs giving any advantage to warriors compared to other classes. Warriors can do that lb without bombs. I dont care if bombs going be removed from event, but if its event about having good tactic skills (call it how you want) + gears, then elixirs shouldn't work in event zone too,right? Nobody mentioned about removing elixirs tho
    Also why there's no thread about evg group Lb and that it should require all classes and that bombs shouldn't work there? Ah yes because he got carried there, no need cry about evg lb anymore

Ok let's imagine bombs wont work and getting into group lb will require all classes, you said you deserve place on LB for some reason, have you imagined how your run will be? Nobody asked to nerf warrior's damage or defence here, nobody asked to add bosses with very high armor every 5-10 waves (which could be killed easier by procs of bow/gun like in evg), and anyway you will be carried into that lb (if you are on mage/rogue) because warriors are who killing and surviving at that event, trying deal some damage by rogue and mage - you will get randomly 1hitted at high waves at some moment if you dont hide. Only use of rogue/mage in group lb is ultimates and bombs.
    Just because it hasnt been mentioned doesnt mean that the op or any other player is strictly against removing lix or limiting evg too. Nobody takes their time to write about it bc noone cares about evg or about using a lix more or less. The point is, the event just wasnt fair and needs adjustments before rereleasing. You can be a top1 rogue or mage with twice the gear of warriors and 4 times the skill but still wont make it. There is just no other way besides walking along and then you see comments like urs "sad bc wasnt carried" and "cant afford bombs". Whatever.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    Just because it hasnt been mentioned doesnt mean that the op or any other player is strictly against removing lix or limiting evg too. Nobody takes their time to write about it bc noone cares about evg or about using a lix more or less. The point is, the event just wasnt fair and needs adjustments before rereleasing. You can be a top1 rogue or mage with twice the gear of warriors and 4 times the skill but still wont make it. There is just no other way besides walking along and then you see comments like urs "sad bc wasnt carried" and "cant afford bombs". Whatever.
    How this adjustment (about all classes in party and removing bombs) going make this event more fair? There were some mages and rogues in top10 group at every temple event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

How this adjustment (about all classes in party and removing bombs) going make this event more fair? There were some mages and rogues in top10 group at every temple event.
    To stop 4 warr pts, stop trying to make an excuse for something lol

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Kystone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by capeo View Post
    yeye +1 on this, but not necessary boss, just improve mobs damage, 100+ waves taking too much time

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk