Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Bosses Event Points-Urshot 2021

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I like this new system last time some one were threatens me if i not tie with them

This will make players feel free to runs

And this will creat real challenge

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teoekeri For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

+1 coz it has come to a point where the ones who want tie are literally forcing the ones who had been running to stop running literally 4 or 5 days before event ends so that the rest of 30 or 40 could catch up to tie ...if disagreed they start calling us stuff ... top 10 is not for weepers from now on it will be for ppl who truly can take up this challenge

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Ties still exist. The mechanism for rewarding LB ranks has not changed, and (like all previous LB events) if multiple players end up with the exact same scores they will tie.

Rewarding a range of points instead of a fixed number of points affects the degree to which ties can be manufactured. Players can still stop advancing to allow others to surpass them... but they now risk losing a rank position if the other players score a greater number of points.
    This is what tie truely should mean in first place...good job cinco

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Players can still stop advancing to allow others to surpass them...
    This is gold!
    Top TEN should be for most passionate LB runners, so if you want something, go for it in fair way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Every tie up to 3 people should be np with the small range of points this event. Everything above can take pretty long or people need to be "lucky" to end up with the same points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

In-short, ties still exist but it's a lot harder.

This is great!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

nice... but they will find a way.
    Last edited by Nasarapan; 05-07-2021 at 01:40 AM. Reason: .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

I have mixed feelings about this because a 12 point difference as reported by the OP is a pretty huge difference to me in the course of 5 runs. Over time it would be a big difference in scores. If the range is small enough to just make it difficult to tie then it is fine. Otherwise it would be like if RNG is on your side you could end up with a greater score in less amount of runs and vice versa.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bundlos View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this because a 12 point difference as reported by the OP is a pretty huge difference to me in the course of 5 runs. Over time it would be a big difference in scores. If the range is small enough to just make it difficult to tie then it is fine. Otherwise it would be like if RNG is on your side you could end up with a greater score in less amount of runs and vice versa.
    Once lb points strive towards larger numbers the rng system will have a very small difference in .% . I presuppose sts doesnt have chars iteself have higher or lower odds of boss points. Therefore, on a long run it wont make any difference if you are a lucky player or not. Doing thousands of runs and always hitting the lower marks of points seems unrealistic to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    Once lb points strive towards larger numbers the rng system will have a very small difference in .% . I presuppose sts doesnt have chars iteself have higher or lower odds of boss points. Therefore, on a long run it wont make any difference if you are a lucky player or not. Doing thousands of runs and always hitting the lower marks of points seems unrealistic to me.
    That's true, the RNG will probably even out once you hit like 100,000+ points. However, I noticed that Herond gave me from 8 to 12 points, not sure if the difference in points gets even bigger at later bosses, but I think +/-1 point difference would be enough to make it hard to tie? Or even a decimal number like 0.5 or 0.3.
    Retired

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post
    That's true, the RNG will probably even out once you hit like 100,000+ points. However, I noticed that Herond gave me from 8 to 12 points, not sure if the difference in points gets even bigger at later bosses, but I think +/-1 point difference would be enough to make it hard to tie? Or even a decimal number like 0.5 or 0.3.
    Me and my freind did a ursoth run.. he got 48 points i got 58 points 😂😂

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Ties still exist. The mechanism for rewarding LB ranks has not changed, and (like all previous LB events) if multiple players end up with the exact same scores they will tie.

Rewarding a range of points instead of a fixed number of points affects the degree to which ties can be manufactured. Players can still stop advancing to allow others to surpass them... but they now risk losing a rank position if the other players score a greater number of points.
    It would have been more logical for them to remove the ties, the first to reach the top 10 would be the winner, although those below tie them, less problems. Now for this they punish 90% of the non-lb players, with random points, they will have to run more if they only want to reach the plat tier. Ty anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    It would have been more logical for them to remove the ties, the first to reach the top 10 would be the winner, although those below tie them, less problems. Now for this they punish 90% of the non-lb players, with random points, they will have to run more if they only want to reach the plat tier. Ty anyway.
    How do they have to run more? They still get the same amount of points on average but there is a small range within that number to make it random. Did I understand anything wrong here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonyxstark View Post
    Me and my freind did a ursoth run.. he got 48 points i got 58 points ����
    Another problem that, all at random in the same number of runs, another player can pass you through many points, I think this was unbalanced. As I said before, they don't want ties, remove them and that's it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

How do they have to run more? They still get the same amount of points on average but there is a small range within that number to make it random. Did I understand anything wrong here?
    What part do you not understand? Did you read the post? I'll tell you: in 5 runs in a 4 pt, one received 65 points, another 77 points. do you notice the difference? it is obvious that with more runs the gap is going to be bigger. with "luck" you will have to run less than anyone else to reach the same goal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

What part do you not understand? Did you read the post? I'll tell you: in 5 runs in a 4 pt, one received 65 points, another 77 points. do you notice the difference? it is obvious that with more runs the gap is going to be bigger. with "luck" you will have to run less than anyone else to reach the same goal.
    You might take a look at the law of large numbers in probabilty calculation and see why me, and I guess every other mathematician, will tell you this doesnt make sense.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

You might take a look at the law of large numbers in probabilty calculation and see why me, and I guess every other mathematician, will tell you this doesnt make sense.
    yes sure "I understood you". there you have the proofs, 5 runs, 4 different results in the same pt. How many runs do you want me to do? I look for 3 more, we do 100 runs and I tell you what happens, do you want?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

yes sure "I understood you". there you have the proofs, 5 runs, 4 different results in the same pt. How many runs do you want me to do? I look for 3 more, we do 100 runs and I tell you what happens, do you want?
    Lb players do thousands of runs. Top10 usually goes into 5 digit numbers already. If you want to proof anything you have to write a formal calculation according to a gaussian distribution. If you do that with, lets say 1k, 10k, 100k runs, you will recognize quickly that the % of deviation will strive towards 0 in this case.
    I can put it into other words. While you might be lucky or not in those few runs you did, lb players do so many runs that it is not realistic to say one will have a significantly higher average in the end than another player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Lb players do thousands of runs. Top10 usually goes into 5 digit numbers already. If you want to proof anything you have to write a formal calculation according to a gaussian distribution. If you do that with, lets say 1k, 10k, 100k runs, you will recognize quickly that the % of deviation will strive towards 0 in this case.
    I can put it into other words. While you might be lucky or not in those few runs you did, lb players do so many runs that it is not realistic to say one will have a significantly higher average in the end than another player.
    at first I was talking about non-lb players. But it will be the same 100 or 1k, 1 player vs another player, in the same number of runs, they will end up with different points, isn't that their idea? and from what I saw the difference in points is more with ursoth and helena. Let's see if you use more logic instead of so many phrases, that surely not even you understand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

at first I was talking about non-lb players. But it will be the same 100 or 1k, 1 player vs another player, in the same number of runs, they will end up with different points, isn't that their idea? and from what I saw the difference in points is more with ursoth and helena. Let's see if you use more logic instead of so many phrases, that surely not even you understand.
    I can only refer to what this is about. I explained it briefly and tell you it is not unfair in any way. If you take fairness to its peak, it might be a run more or less, yes. Do you consider it unfair, if you were "unlucky" and have to do 601 runs for plat tier instead of 600? Thats the whole point of rng as you said and I dont see any realistic disadvantage in that.
    The point I wanted to make is, that nobody will have significant disadvantages or advantages for lb or in parties on a long run. Maths is the absolute most logical explanation you can get.