Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Bosses Event Points-Urshot 2021

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Bosses Event Points-Urshot 2021

is it intentional for bosses to now give ramdon points or is it a bug?

I explain:

I have spent 5 energ with my friends in event, and we have obtained scores of 65, 68,70 and 77.

all different scores but the same bosses killing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    309 Posts

Could this be the intentional change to top 10 ties? :/

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

If it is to stop the ties.. which means there are only 30x top 10 rewards.. sts should atleast make the lb vanities tradable please...

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tonyxstark For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

This will indeed prevent intentional ties. Though the range is too much. Amplified to thousands of runs is where you'll see the significant gap between players.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyxstark View Post
    If it is to stop the ties.. which means there are only 30x top 10 rewards.. sts should atleast make the lb vanities tradable please...
    It is a top10 reward, it only makes sense to have 10 people each class have it. This greatly boosts competition, and is exactly what a leaderboard should hold.

Lb vanities were made untradable for a couple of years now, it doesn't make sense to see billionaires roam around with lb vanities they never ran.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 05-06-2021 at 05:20 PM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ilove_Poopoo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Cinco could you answer please? Thx ^^

Enviado desde mi SM-G781B mediante Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    Could this be the intentional change to top 10 ties? :/
    +1 for intentional change

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Electrifies View Post
    @Cinco could you answer please? Thx ^^

Enviado desde mi SM-G781B mediante Tapatalk
    +1 need answer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Yea we waiting for an answer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    This will indeed prevent intentional ties. Though the range is too much. Amplified to thousands of runs is where you'll see the significant gap between players.

It is a top10 reward, it only makes sense to have 10 people each class have it. This greatly boosts competition, and is exactly what a leaderboard should hold.

Lb vanities were made untradable for a couple of years now, it doesn't make sense to see billionaires roam around with lb vanities they never ran.

I have a better idea, have recolored versions of Lb rewards for plat .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    I have a better idea, have recolored versions of Lb rewards for plat .

-1234567891011121314151617181920....…...…...…...….. ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    309 Posts

I mean, personally I never ran any event for Top 10 yet but I think the true spirit of the event was when people could cooperate to score rewards for those that can't really grind 24/7 (no jobs, no schools, no responsibilties), I believe it's just called compassion, right?
    On the other hand I don't see the issue with people who "didn't earn" the set wearing them. What if the person who obtained the set would like to sell it and then use the gold to buy other one for themselves? Free market is a good idea and opens up more possibilities especially now that gold cap has been raised to 1b.

Then again there goes the rule of it's just game, it doesn't affect you nor depend on you what people who do those leaderboards want to do with their items. Why are people seriously super concerned about it when it does 0 harm.

Cinco himself said that ties should exist and he's ok with them so I actually hope that this time he'll stand by his statement and fix the points earned from the bosses so the event culture can carry on.

If you don't like the ties, run the event, break them and achieve better score. Simple as that.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonyxstark View Post
    -1234567891011121314151617181920....…...…...…...….. ..
    So u mean the original sets cuz sts do be recoloring normal sets to lb rewards and vice versa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I mean, personally I never ran any event for Top 10 yet but I think the true spirit of the event was when people could cooperate to score rewards for those that can't really grind 24/7 (no jobs, no schools, no responsibilties), I believe it's just called compassion, right?
    This "sharing is caring" narrative seems nice, at first glance. But really, stopping progression to let in weaker players get a piece of the highest reward seems unfair, if any, it jeopardizes the competitive integrity of the leaderboard.

This is more of a priority situation - you will find the time to whichever you think is most important. You'd be surprised with the amount of players I've encountered who would leave from work just to run, so no, not every 24/7 grinders fit the descriptions you gave above.

Again, this is in context of the leaderboards. A list of names who are expected to compete. Sharing can be done elsewhere.
    On the other hand I don't see the issue with people who "didn't earn" the set wearing them. What if the person who obtained the set would like to sell it and then use the gold to buy other one for themselves? Free market is a good idea and opens up more possibilities especially now that gold cap has been raised to 1b.
    Its been long enough for everyone to know that event lbs are untradable. If players seek for profit, then they won't run, otherwise will.
    Cinco himself said that ties should exist and he's ok with them so I actually hope that this time he'll stand by his statement and fix the points earned from the bosses so the event culture can carry on.
    And it seems like this is Cinco's 2nd opinion, otherwise they would've already fixed this early on.

Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 05-06-2021 at 07:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    309 Posts

This "sharing is caring" narrative seems nice, at first glance. But really, stopping progression to let in weaker players get a piece of the highest reward seems unfair, if any, it jeopardizes the competitive integrity of the leaderboard.

This is more of a priority situation - you will find the time to whichever you think is most important. You'd be surprised with the amount of players I've encountered who would leave from work just to run, so no, not every 24/7 grinders fit the descriptions you gave above.

Again, this is in context of the leaderboards. A list of names who are expected to compete. Sharing can be done elsewhere.
    Its been long enough for everyone to know that event lbs are untradable. If players seek for profit, then they won't run, otherwise will.
    And it seems like this is Cinco's 2nd opinion, otherwise they would've already fixed this early on.

1. No jobs, no schools and no responsibilties were in general regarding for people who literally have to drop those to do leaderboards. You'd be surprised with the amount of players that share accounts between eachother to carry on running the event otherwise.
    2. The fact those rewards are untradable is bad enough, let people choose what they want to do with their rewards. What's wrong with it?
    3. Nothing has been said about it so there's no Cinco's 2nd opinion, waiting for official confirmation regarding the points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If this is true. Devs did a great wonderful job. Its called top50. Not top 50 ties.

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,158 Posts

Ties still exist. The mechanism for rewarding LB ranks has not changed, and (like all previous LB events) if multiple players end up with the exact same scores they will tie.

Rewarding a range of points instead of a fixed number of points affects the degree to which ties can be manufactured. Players can still stop advancing to allow others to surpass them... but they now risk losing a rank position if the other players score a greater number of points.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

*grabs popcorn* XD

IGN : Tjnder | < Entity > Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Ties still exist. The mechanism for rewarding LB ranks has not changed, and (like all previous LB events) if multiple players end up with the exact same scores they will tie.

Rewarding a range of points instead of a fixed number of points affects the degree to which ties can be manufactured. Players can still stop advancing to allow others to surpass them... but they now risk losing a rank position if the other players score a greater number of points.
    So does this mean no recolors?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    309 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post

Thanks for clarifying.
    Does that mean it will apply to every future event with top tier rewards?

25.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,158 Posts

Thanks for clarifying.
    Does that mean it will apply to every future event with top tier rewards?
    Probably - but that will ultimately depend on how successful this change turns out to be.

| | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com