Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tapjoy offers have changed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Default Tapjoy offers have changed

Okay so this "Free" platinum. It's not "free". You have to Subscribe to a website, and you have to confirm your email over the phone. No. What happened to the download a app and you get one plat?
    Last edited by Justg; 05-09-2012 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Less drama.
    Bow Down to a Goddess 👑

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Artemis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

As much as I hate being the devil's advocate...

1. Go to carefree or ingame if you want to rant. Or heck blow up my PM box, idc

2. Pretty sure STS has nothing to do with what offers show up there. I'm guessing you are on IOS? IOS has been getting crap offers lately, android is still getting the download an app offers so i'm certain it is something with tapjoy that is going all stupid on the apple peoples.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Funny, you just captured my exact sentiments right now. for the first time in over a year I decided to check the free plat offers. Went to DL thinking i'll download a few apps to get some plats, but was disappointed that there were only 3 offers, and all required me to give my email add. I ain't giving my email addy to some shady website.

Add: regarding having to buy something to get plat. Lol ironic isn't it? You go to "free plat" because you don't wanna spend $$$, hence going for free. Then you get there and find out you gotta buy somethig to get a lot less plat than what you would have gotten if you bought it directly.
    Last edited by Sky../; 05-07-2012 at 11:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got maybe 15-20 platinum from the Android free platinum offers. They also had 2 offers on Android to give your email and subscribe to free jokes or something. Email addresses are free and plentiful, make a junk email for stuff like that, and keep your main email to yourself. Not that difficult.

And why are you complaining about FREE involving some work on your part? Do you think designing and hosting this game is free? If they provided to many FREE platinum offers STS wouldn't make any money, come on now . And I'm pretty sure Apple has a lot to do with what is and isn't allowed on those free offers. I've seen other Games with the same issue, Android had tons of free currency offers, where the same game on Apple had next to nothing for free currency offers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

The subscribe email thing didn't even work for me. I never received any plat. I hope tapjoy comes out soon for ios DL...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    The subscribe email thing didn't even work for me. I never received any plat. I hope tapjoy comes out soon for ios DL...
    I did the subscribe thingy and I got plat added to my acct like a week later so it works just takes time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

The general tone of the original post implies a sense of entitlement. "What happened to the download a app and you get one plat?" You're not entitled to free platinum. The platinum is offered in exchange for accepting offers, the terms of which differ, per offer. It's up to you to accept those terms or not. Generally speaking, studios have very little say in what offers their marketing partner(s) provide (Tapjoy, in this case). At face value, it's up to consumers to decide whether or not to download potentially invasive software, be subjected to spam or get locked into deals in order to obtain free game currency. The problem is the "consumers" may be underage or simply naive and not fully understand what they're really getting into. I can definitely see that being a problem with games like the "Legends" series.

"Free currency" offers have been the subject of ire for players in a number of F2P games. During Earth Eternal's first round, when it was still owned by Sparkplay, Peanut Labs hosted surveys and offers for free credits. Complaints were so rampant about the offers, especially for a family-friendly game whose primary demographic was teenagers, that I wrote a guide on how to earn credits by completing the true surveys without subjecting oneself to downloading software, turning one's email over to the lords of spam, subscribing to services, etc...

The bottom line is you need to be smart about what offers you choose to accept. Use common sense and caution. You're not given free platinum, you earn it. It's up to you to decide whether the juice is worth the squeeze. In your case, it seems you're not willing to accept the offers present. That's your choice. Personally, I wouldn't accept any offer that required me to download anything or that didn't immediately pass me through to the actual vendor. As an example, if I click an offer to sign up for Netflix and it passes me through directly to the netflix.com site--without any wrappers, outer frames, etc...--then I'd consider accepting that offer. Conversely, if I click an offer to sign up for Netflix and it passes me through to www.omgwtfbbsaucespammermarketingsite.com where I'm supposed to enter my subscription info for Netflix, then I'd run screaming for the hills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Good points. Don't call it "Free Plat" then.

Edit: and before someone posts "well technically, it is free because you didn't pay for it", my reply to that is: you work for it. You earned it. I don't consider that free. Do you consider your salary as "free money"? No, because you worked and earned it. Doesn't matter how small the work it, it is still earned.
    Last edited by Sky../; 05-08-2012 at 01:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sky../ View Post

Edit: and before someone posts "well technically, it is free because you didn't pay for it", my reply to that is: you work for it. You earned it. I don't consider that free. Do you consider your salary as "free money"? No, because you worked and earned it. Doesn't matter how small the work it, it is still earned.
    I agree. That's also why I posted my thread about my thoughts on what truly constitutes a "free to play" game, from a marketing perspective. The problem is it's a matter of semantics. Yes, they're technically free in that you're not necessarily required to spend real money,either through STS directly or by actually paying for something through a marketing partner (although there are those options, too) I'd rather see a heading that says "Platinum Reward Offers" or "Earn platinum through offers" than "Free Platinum Offers".

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

I got about 170+ platinium so far on all three sts games on my Xperia S(ROOTED and ul bootloader).

Just use a VPN(search for it in play store) after you are done with the ones in ur country.
    Tapjoy will then display a whole long list of offers(ONLY WORKS IN WEB BROWSER MOBILE VERSION OF TAPHOY/TAPJOY APP) especially if u r using a us server.

Btw Tapjoy got BANNED PERMANENTLY by APPLE for messing up the app rankings. No point hoping, just get a cheap armv7 droid device.
    Last edited by HunterSLAYER; 05-09-2012 at 03:18 PM.
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I've gotten over 40 plat for dark legends through tap joy using app downloads.

Is this for iOS?

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sky../ View Post

Unfortunately, that is exactly why its called free. I know you don't want to hear it, but its free because you aren't paying for it with money.

Like another ripper alluded, be happy you are even getting this option.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Yes I am on iOS
    Bow Down to a Goddess 👑

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Tapjoy is actually a program which used to be able to 'sell' a game or app a top spot on the Apple Downloads lists. Apple has made a change so now app's can no longer get bumped up the spot by just having people download the program, so Tapjoy can not sell those spots on iDevices. Since tapjoy can't make money off of you, then there is no reason for them to pay for your platinum.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Fluff said it!
    Last edited by HunterSLAYER; 05-08-2012 at 03:17 PM.
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Tapjoy has changed. It's not a program. It's a monetization platform, similar to Peanut Labs, Gambit and TrialPay...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

its not exactly "free". u have to pay sometimes to subscribe or do something to whatever the offer is... is paying free??? O.o did i miss something?

PL: Fear

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Hey guys, we get it. You would like more free offers.

Apple changed their UDID policy and Tapjoy can no longer work in the same way. Check out this article: http://venturebeat.com/2011/05/31/ta...-game-profits/

We're looking for new ways, but rants don't help anyone. Gonna tone down the title here to decrease the drama, feel free to continue the discussion in a productive way.

What other "Free Plat" type offers have you guys seen in other games?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

So far, my favorite has been The "watch a video". You just play a video/commercial of an app or something else that's about 15-30 secs long, then you get 1 in game currency. You get 1 video offer to wath about once a day.
    Last edited by Sky../; 05-09-2012 at 09:06 AM.

21.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #20
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

More details about the lack of Free Platinum offers in the iOS version of Dark Legends at http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...774#post642774
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com