Quote Originally Posted by Bpog View Post
If the skull is full with the mouth open and tapping it does not work, the issue might be related to line of sight. So you might need to re-position yourself if you are on a bridge or your enemy is around the corner.

The skull might not open even when it looks full for a few different reasons. Your enemy might be in the process of spawning in or being knocked down, or you might need one more kill for full feeding power.

If you are experiencing something outside of the listed conditions, please post the following:
1. What mission are you on?
2. Are you playing multi-player or solo?
3. Is the skull failing to open when full, or is your character failing to feed while the skull is already open?
4. Are you fighting a boss?
1. Any.
2. Either.
3. Skull open, won't feed.
4. Mostly not, uncertain if it was ever a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
Yep, happens on every map.
Happens with the skull mouth open.
Happens even if you have lots of blood.
Happens even if your ping is good, though sometimes, the issue really is lag.
Happens in the middle of a big room, surrounded by live zombies/ghouls. It is NOT line of sight.

My feeling is that this is related to targeting, such as when a Power, such as Shadow Dance, fails or hits the wall.

If the target failure is due to ping, as in the zombie/ghoul really isn't there anymore, then you're out of luck.

If it's just that the target is plain wrong, the easiest thing to do is to force the game to re-target. That's why the solution is to move around -- it's not that you are getting a certain distance, even though it often seems that way. It is that as you move, the game is finally seeing the blood sacks around you and picking one to feed on. We can only hope that the next one that's picked can be fed upon successfully.

So you've got to move around, probably away from the ghouls (save yourself!), then back to them (close in to feed) and hit that skull quickly when you see the open mouth and hope it's ok this time.

If you are failing a lot, try to move away, then towards a zombie no one is killing or that is beyond the current group. It's possible that the current group is actually dead (killed by your partners) and has not shown up for you yet.

This latter is not always the case (I think there's other issues with targeting, like the object's moved and the game is confused), but moving around is the best chance you have of finally getting a "live" zombie.

While you are trying to find a good zombie, of course, you cannot move so far away that you cannot get back to a blood sack in time (skull is timed), or do actions that discharge the skull (use skills, maybe also just hacking).
I've tried to work around it - press feed multiple times while running around based on the idea that targeting might be the issue. Still failed to death at times - both with the "start to launch then don't feed" and without.

Quote Originally Posted by Bpog View Post
Fyrce might be right about the skills interfering. If you are experiencing this bug, please list all four of your mapped skills.
I'm not generally *using* any skills when this happens but:
*Unholy blessing, vermin swarm, fatal burst, shadow dance on my main (other chars generally follow a similar pattern but the ones who are not 20 yet may have hellblades, curse or unholy force instead of vermin swarm.)