Thread: 2021 Ursoth Event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default 2021 Ursoth Event

This year's Ursoth event felt a bit weak for me for several reasons. Here are the reasons:

1. Bloodgrub dolls and visages.
    I feel that visages and dolls were way too scarce and expensive to the point where I ended up doing only 1 bloodgrub run just to get the quest out of the way and never bothering with it again. The amount of points and loot Bloodgrub gives is not worth it.

2. Revenent Chests
    It would've been better if we were able to sell revenant chests. Also, the crafting time was way too long. I did like how the recipe is not consumable though.

3. Vendor and Rogue-Exclusivity
    The items the vendor was offering was also rather questionable. It doesn't make sense to add a pet that goes directly to stable if we can get the same thing at gold tier. Either Bemine should be sold as an egg at vendor, or replaced with the heroic version that goes directly to stable. The rogue-exclusive vanity was communicated poorly. The wording in the event guide made it seem like once you reach plat tier, you are rewarded with the rogue-exclusive vanity, but instead you were rewarded with the ability to purchase the vanity. While the tradition of rogue-exclusive vanities has been around for a while, I have never been fond of it since it makes it feel like rogues are getting special treatment.

Here are some ways to improve the event for next year:

1. Make dolls and visages easier to obtain.
    This can be done by adding a lix that has a small chance to drop a visage from bosses, or by just increasing the drop rate in chests

2. Reduce crafting time on revenant chests

3. Add expensive mage and warrior vanities in vendor

4. If pet awarded at gold tier is stable version, don't include stable version in vendor.
    Make the egg of the gold tier pet available for purchase on reaching gold tier, or put stable version of heroic version in vendor instead.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 05-22-2021 at 04:14 PM.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    Good input. I have several gold/plat toons, not one has looted enough to do one bloodgrub run after one week.

O.o?
    Same. I opened a good chunk of revenant chests already and haven't looted a single visage either. Just bought 1 doll to get the quest out of the way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts

Lol accidentally deleted what I tried to edit.
    Nm player play on...
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    520 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaziscate View Post
    This year's Ursoth event felt a bit weak for me for several reasons. Here are the reasons:

1.Bloodgrub dolls and visages.
    I feel that visages and dolls were way too scarce and expensive to the point where I ended up doing only 1 bloodgrub run just to get the quest out of the way and never bothering with it again. The amount of points and loot Bloodgrub gives is not worth it.

2.Revenent Chests
    It would've been better if we were able to sell revenant chests. Also, the crafting time was also way too long. I did like how the recipe is not consumable though.

3.Vendor and Rogue-Exclusivity
    The items the vendor was offering was also rather questionable. It doesn't make sense to add a pet that goes directly to stable if we can get the same thing at gold tier. Either Bemine should be sold as an egg at vendor, or replaced with the heroic version that goes directly to stable. The rogue-exclusive vanity was communicated poorly. The wording in the event guide made it seem like once you reach plat tier, you are rewarded with the rogue-exclusive vanity, but instead you were rewarded with the ability to purchase the vanity. While the tradition of rogue-exclusive vanities has been around for a while, I have never been fond of it since it makes it feel like rogues are getting special treatment.

Here are some ways to improve the event for next year:

1.Make dolls and visages easier to obtain.
    This can be done by adding a lix that has a small chance to drop a visage from bosses, or by just increasing the drop rate in chests

2. Reduce crafting time on revenant chests

3. Add expensive mage and warrior vanities in vendor

4. If pet awarded at gold tier is stable version, don't include stable version in vendor.
    Make the egg of the gold tier pet available for purchase on reaching gold tier, or put stable version of heroic version in vendor instead.
    Agree with everything in this post. Also, I would have carried on playing after plat tier if instead of a rogue only vanity for tokens, we could have purchased a heroic pet. I did end up opening a few furniture crates with plat and happy to say I looted four good items. That's about it really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Drops are really rare. I opened a good amount of chests on my warrior and got 0 visage. Opened the revenant chests they give you for reaching silver on my rogue and got one visage.

On the other side, I totally agree with all you wrote, but I really want to highlight the part of the vendor selling a pet which you get by reaching gold tier. It’s a waste of space on the vendor because STS could have included any other pet instead of it. I’m really enjoying this event because I started playing during Ursoth event (2014), so it has been my favorite event ever since, but I hope they can polish it on further years.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Well, imo the game is getting repetitive and boring for players who have played for years now, which can be seen with this event. I personally did not play this event just because of the time required to even reach plat tier and all that time just for a banner and title wasn't worth it imo, I mean goblin event plat tier took like 1/5 of the time this event takes and the rewards were much better. I would like to have seen some better tier rewards in the future for "big events" such as an event like ursoth and also +1 to the idea of adding special mage and warrior vanities to the token vendor that may have given me and other players incentive to play this event but since they are tradeable vanities many of us don't even need to run we can just buy with the gold we have. Of course, if the game is repetitive and boring why am I playing it? Well I do enjoy the community and have made plenty of friends while playing so that keeps me entertained when I do venture online. No hate or anything to sts just stating my opinion. - Atoned
    The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd like some of what the devs were smoking in this event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,062 Posts

Make blood doll stay legendary but the recipe epic so when we search for dolls it doesn't constantly show recipes resulting in us scrolling until we get to the actual dolls.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Encryptions For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Agree with everything, i would also suggest raising the event join level gap by a few levels, maybe say 6 so as a 76 you could run with 70 friends.
    While it may not be life changing it gives more room for lower levels aswell as friends w friends to play with eachother.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

At first it didn't come to me because access to altar have always been expensive in ursoth... But i have now grinded over 29k points and still haven't been able to loot a single visage?? Isn't the revenant also suppose to give better chances than leaf? What the hell is this drop rate lower than 1% fix it.

Sent from my CPH1933 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Touch Me; 05-16-2021 at 06:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Yes man,its not logic why they put that pet in vendor when we alrdy got it from reaching gold tier