Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Thread: Tips for lvl 7 pvper

  1. #1
    New Member Silverpain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default Tips for lvl 7 pvper

    Hi all! My name's Silverpain. I'm PL and SL pvper. 2 days ago I started playing DL. I was exited! But there were a lot of difference in gameplay: no auto-attack and no range weapon. All pvp games in DL are FFA(no rules) and 90% of players are rushers. He are some tips for players:
    1) Camera:
    Zoom out your camera view to min lvl.
    2)Weapon:
    You need plat pack weapon or lvl 7 pink. You can buy pinks in auction or farm them. I use Night Butchers of Onslaught. I farmed it in "The Rotting Baron" level( first mission in Kains Crest campaign). If you don't drop it, you should try again! I tried 5 times!
    3) Skills:
    Use Shadow dance skill to get close to target. Use power attack(hold attack button) to make counter(if rival used shadow dance on you). Try to make combo( combos will be posted later).
    4) Other tips:
    If your hp is low pick up "heart" buff. If you need to run from your rivals pick "speed" buff. To make "ambush" hide behind the wall(in CTF mode hide near your flag) And last: good always win fights! So don't go alone vs 3 players.
    If you have some questions ask Silverfangs and Evergreen in DL.
    Was glad to help. Have fun and win!!!
    **************
    P.S Are there any pvp/twink guilds in DL? PM me name of guild and leader's nick if you know some of them.
    Last edited by Silverpain; 05-14-2012 at 06:06 AM.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    414
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

    Default

    Get 21

  3. #3
    New Member Silverpain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Yes 21 is good but it's boring to lvl up-.-

  4. #4
    Member Range's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    210
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    24
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    27
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaquehaaart View Post
    Get 21
    Wth Blaq!?!?
    He gets "get 21"
    I get "get 21 noob!"
    I see how it is man :P
    PVP

  5. #5
    Senior Member Apostel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Euskirchen, Germany
    Posts
    721
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    44
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    67
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

    Default

    How about "get 21" AND keep twinking? Much more a solution to me haha
    Apostel L76 Ursan | Diamantarrow L56 Avian_.
    Immortalcry L61 Elite-Undead | Pleasedontcry L32 Avian n' more..

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Apostel For This Useful Post:


  7. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    414
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Range View Post
    Wth Blaq!?!?
    He gets "get 21"
    I get "get 21 noob!"
    I see how it is man :P
    Get over it...

  8. #7
    Senior Member birdmasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    1,507
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    164
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    55
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

    Default

    blaq all u post in threads about twinks. "get 21" or "blah twinking is unsporting and uncompetitve" cmon we have our own opinions. no offense

    PL: Fear

  9. #8
    Senior Member HunterSLAYER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Posts
    1,689
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    14
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    121
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

    Default

    Agreed at 21 ONLY the rich plat users own pvp.

    Although i've seen non-plat users killing lv 21 plat users over and over again, it just ain't common.
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

  10. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    414
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

    Default

    Twinks are uncompetitive. You park your toon at a low level with the maximum full pvp spec and max gear, with the intent of competing with people with lvling gear and specs, and no experience.

    Especially at lvl 5-7. I mean most of the people are brand new to the game, don't understand it, and/or have no intent streamlining their toon for that level of play. It's like a grown man playing basketball with a bunch of 10 year-olds and feeling like a champ because you can beat them in a 1 on 5 in half court match.

    Most especially for a game this early in it's infancy, it's not like there is a huge leveling hump. I mean, it's not like there is an overwhelming number of 21s right now. The vast majority are still 20.

    It's the same in every MMO. Twinks are for people that don't want to compete in endgame, because they want that discernible advantage of always out gearing, having the best pvp spec for that lvl, and being the most experienced person pvp in that bracket of play.

    Come on man, stop picking on the noobs and get to the end game and play with the rest of the serious pvpers, where there is real competition.
    Last edited by Blaquehaaart; 05-10-2012 at 03:50 AM.

  11. #10
    Senior Member Darkfader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    finland - having fun with xazic
    Posts
    1,622
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    57
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    96
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaquehaaart View Post
    Twinks are uncompetitive. You park your toon at a low level with the maximum full pvp spec and max gear, with the intent of competing with people with lvling gear and specs, and no experience.

    Especially at lvl 5-7. I mean most of the people are brand new to the game, don't understand it, and/or have no intent streamlining their toon for that level of play. It's like a grown man playing basketball with a bunch of 10 year-olds and feeling like a champ because you can beat them in a 1 on 5 in half court match.

    Most especially for a game this early in it's infancy, it's not like there is a huge leveling hump. I mean, it's not like there is an overwhelming number of 21s right now. The vast majority are still 20.

    It's the same in every MMO. Twinks are for people that don't want to compete in endgame, because they want that discernible advantage of always out gearing, having the best pvp spec for that lvl, and being the most experienced person pvp in that bracket of play.


    Come on man, stop picking on the noobs and get to the end game and play with the rest of the serious pvpers, where there is real competition.
    So wrong...
    Twinking is in every mmo games very competitive. If you think it doesn't take skill to be best of each level then you better try twinking yourself. Different builds, skills and combos makes pvp fresh after smashing head on wall at endgame. Killing new players, not problem in my opinion because it's pvp and players know it when they join because screen say it when you walk trough the portal.

    I would say there never twinks without endgame character. Twinking is just whole other scene if you don't like it, least let us twinkers be and do what we do.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

  12. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    414
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfader View Post
    So wrong...
    Twinking is in every mmo games very competitive. If you think it doesn't take skill to be best of each level then you better try twinking yourself. Different builds, skills and combos makes pvp fresh after smashing head on wall at endgame. Killing new players, not problem in my opinion because it's pvp and players know it when they join because screen say it when you walk trough the portal.

    I would say there never twinks without endgame character. Twinking is just whole other scene if you don't like it, least let us twinkers be and do what we do.
    So you don't run around and slaughter players that have inferior gear and spec, and less knowledge of the game?

    Are you guys really racking up a 10:1 kill ratio against other twinks?

    A player knows what they are getting into when the go through the portal? Seriously? I mean, seriously? A lvl 5 that has about 3 hours of play time with starter lvl gear and his toon set on auto spec zoning into a ctf match against another lvl 5 with full pinks (maybe even $100 spent on plat gear), a tailored spec, and 3000 kills...and you think is completely fair and sporting? Lawlz...

    I mean, the end game isn't even developed yet...I still haven't play a 5v5 match with all 21s, so how can you say you hit a wall with it? I mean, the games are getting harder every day...hell, every match they are getting a little harder. The real competition in the 21 bracket is just starting.

    DM is still new, and more people are getting an idea of the strat. It isn't like there is only a handfull of 21s running around pwning any more.

    I mean, considering you guys played mmos previously, and are even spending the time, effort, and potentially real money twinking this early in the game...I dare to say over your endgame toon...is simply because you know how easy it is to gain a superior advantage, rack up a high kdr, and it is vastly less competitive in a low lvl bracket, and you'll be far more dominant by twinking a toon.

    Seriously, how many twinks are there right now like 7? Are you guys playing with each other or against each other?

    Let's speak purely in terms of this game. The competition with a twink against a non-twink at level 5, considering probably 95% of the people at that lvl are brand new to the game, is vastly lower than the current state of competition in the 20-21 bracket, which is getting more competitive everyday.

    In the 20-21 no one is getting a 10:1 kdr...not even the kill farmers.

    Twinking is unsporting. Everyone that's played seriously in any other mmo knows that, and end game guys always look down on twinkers because it's an easy way to pick on noobs...which is something not as common at endgame pvp because the majority of people are much more aware of how to play the game.

    Let's be real, how are you even trying to justify this?

    Just get to 21 and pick on people your own size.
    Last edited by Blaquehaaart; 05-10-2012 at 05:34 AM.

  13. #12
    Senior Member Cahaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Orthopedic Capital of the World!
    Posts
    4,995
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    235
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    419
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

    Default

    Reading this, I believe the twinkers should have the freedom to pvp the way they want to at any lvl. They are pvping for strategy, not farm kills.

    Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

  14. #13
    Senior Member Darkfader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    finland - having fun with xazic
    Posts
    1,622
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    57
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    96
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaquehaaart View Post
    So you don't run around and slaughter players that have inferior gear and spec, and less knowledge of the game?

    Are you guys really racking up a 10:1 kill ratio against other twinks?

    A player knows what they are getting into when the go through the portal? Seriously? I mean, seriously? A lvl 5 that has about 3 hours of play time with starter lvl gear and his toon set on auto spec zoning into a ctf match against another lvl 5 with full pinks (maybe even $100 spent on plat gear), a tailored spec, and 3000 kills...and you think is completely fair and sporting? Lawlz...

    I mean, the end game isn't even developed yet...I still haven't play a 5v5 match with all 21s, so how can you say you hit a wall with it? I mean, the games are getting harder every day...hell, every match they are getting a little harder. The real competition in the 21 bracket is just starting.

    DM is still new, and more people are getting an idea of the strat. It isn't like there is only a handfull of 21s running around pwning any more.

    I mean, considering you guys played mmos previously, and are even spending the time, effort, and potentially real money twinking this early in the game...I dare to say over your endgame toon...is simply because you know how easy it is to gain a superior advantage, rack up a high kdr, and it is vastly less competitive in a low lvl bracket, and you'll be far more dominant by twinking a toon.

    Seriously, how many twinks are there right now like 7? Are you guys playing with each other or against each other?

    Let's speak purely in terms of this game. The competition with a twink against a non-twink at level 5, considering probably 95% of the people at that lvl are brand new to the game, is vastly lower than the current state of competition in the 20-21 bracket, which is getting more competitive everyday.

    In the 20-21 no one is getting a 10:1 kdr...not even the kill farmers.

    Twinking is unsporting. Everyone that's played seriously in any other mmo knows that, and end game guys always look down on twinkers because it's an easy way to pick on noobs...which is something not as common at endgame pvp because the majority of people are much more aware of how to play the game.

    Let's be real, how are you even trying to justify this?

    Just get to 21 and pick on people your own size.
    Touch with pinky and it exploded............
    I won't need to answer this post LOL, I have 21 and have hammer blown you down enough many times to make endgame pvp already boring because of not much supply of new endgame players. Wonder why?
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

  15. #14
    Senior Member Apostel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Euskirchen, Germany
    Posts
    721
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    44
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    67
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

    Default

    I am limited by my english speaking skills but I can for sure say that this guy -> Blaquehaaart sure is some annoying [censored] who is unsatisfyd in his real life and so is trying dump his bad mood on other people in this forum. Thats all I have to say for this.
    Apostel L76 Ursan | Diamantarrow L56 Avian_.
    Immortalcry L61 Elite-Undead | Pleasedontcry L32 Avian n' more..

  16. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    414
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfader View Post
    Touch with pinky and it exploded............
    I won't need to answer this post LOL, I have 21 and have hammer blown you down enough many times to make endgame pvp already boring because of not much supply of new endgame players. Wonder why?
    Hammer blow some more, instead of picking on new players then. The competion in end game is ramping up so know one is overly dominant.

    Who's your 21? I'lll keep a look out.

  17. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    414
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apostel View Post
    I am limited by my english speaking skills but I can for sure say that this guy -> Blaquehaaart sure is some annoying [censored] who is unsatisfyd in his real life and so is trying dump his bad mood on other people in this forum. Thats all I have to say for this.
    Lawlz...you wanna make this personal. Well your just a [censored] that takes pride on winning against those that are severly disadvantaged, and uses a buffed character in a beginner enviornment to get a faux stat in an uncompetitive league.

    Yeah, I have thankless high stress job in which I manage lots of money and lots of resposibility. Your right about that.

    What do you do beside pick on people at a serious disadvantage to you?

  18. #17
    Senior Member Apostel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Euskirchen, Germany
    Posts
    721
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    44
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    67
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

    Default

    I do play this game to hang around with frieds and not to fk up people like you do. Don't think the whole community cares just about you. I ain't big but you are just a small fish.
    Apostel L76 Ursan | Diamantarrow L56 Avian_.
    Immortalcry L61 Elite-Undead | Pleasedontcry L32 Avian n' more..

  19. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    414
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apostel View Post
    I do play this game to hang around with frieds and not to fk up people like you do. Don't think the whole community cares just about you. I ain't big but you are just a small fish.
    Huh? The whole point of twinking is to gain an unfair advantage in a non-competitive level of play specifically to fk people up.

    All I talk about about is balancing specs and making the acquisition of gear a merit based system rather than a pay-to-win, in hopes of fostering a competive enviornment with an equal playing field.

    I don't intentionally team stack (I often switch sides to get games started, even if it means going against a dominant force) and I bought plat gear to make be viable in pvp, I didn't go nuts to get a full legendary set.

    I certainly think you are projecting.

  20. #19
    Senior Member Apostel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Euskirchen, Germany
    Posts
    721
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    44
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    67
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaquehaaart View Post
    Huh? The whole point of twinking is to gain an unfair advantage in a non-competitive level of play specifically to fk people up.
    ...
    ...
    ...
    You sure have no clue of the whole thing. You have no clue about what you are talking because you get the whole thing wrong.

    Twinking is not to get an advantage in a non-competitive level of play. Twinks are models for new players to fire them up to keep the game playing so that they create a twink themself and to keep the whole thing going. Twink pvp is as much fun as endgame pvp and you can raise a twink in less time but you can experience same fun you would in endgame pvp.

    There are plenty of ways to create a powerful twink with C H E A P gear with a good guide. I did actually tryd out a L12 twink with green gear and did pwn. Its not about gear, its about a clear guide how to play your char.
    Apostel L76 Ursan | Diamantarrow L56 Avian_.
    Immortalcry L61 Elite-Undead | Pleasedontcry L32 Avian n' more..

  21. #20
    Senior Member Darkfader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    finland - having fun with xazic
    Posts
    1,622
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    57
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    96
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

    Default

    Oh god.... Better just use some ignore around here....
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I need some tips before I die again...
    By Evl1312 in forum SL General Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-16-2011, 10:44 AM
  2. (TIPS) A way to look at 31...
    By Cahaun in forum SL General Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 04:31 AM
  3. Whos the best pvper!?!?
    By Uniboom in forum PL Player vs. Player Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 12:08 AM
  4. skillset for a lvl 35 pally pvper?
    By ReecoSuave in forum Enchantress Class Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-27-2010, 09:53 PM
  5. help newb pvper!
    By markus in forum PL Player vs. Player Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-28-2010, 11:25 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •