Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tips for lvl 7 pvper

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Hey guys, just a reminder to keep your posts as nice as possible! Thanks!
    -Rinzler

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rinzler For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

all blaq is saying is that twinking means u stay along for a long time in a low level to fight people with a lower aspect of the game that is genuinely right. But anyway the game is still new meaning they have an evenly balanced aspect of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Using a Twink has been awesome for me. I have a lower level twink that I decked out with all Pink gear. This has not however provided me with much of a real advantage. I'll be honest and say I totally suck at PVP. With the good gear I can hold my own against toons my level. It has proven to be a great learning experience. Being that I am so bad I don't think I would keep trying if I had 0 kills 100 deaths. With my Twink i have about 1-1 kdr. This keeps me motivated to learn. Some of us are slow learners and need good gear to stay competitive. Having a positive PVP experience is the only way it will grow.
    YYZBird-115, YYZBear-115, YYZMage-115

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

LOL @ everyone teaming up on Blaq when in reality he's almost completely right.

You can sit here and say that twink pvp is for "strategy and playing against other twinks" all you want, but you can't honestly tell me that's true. I have a lvl 12 DL pvp account. It's an absolute joke. I think the only deaths I have are from when I kill myself fighting 3 vs 1 with the flag, or when I join a game and people are 3-4 lvls higher than me and tag team me. I've barely even played PVP at this lvl and have waaaaay more kills then deaths. Half of the kids I attack don't even have time to retaliate or even know what hit them because I kill them so fast. Unless you're playing against a team of people your own level with better than average gear and an idea of what they're doing (aka other 'twinks') you're going to run rampant. I mean I have what, 6 skill points at lvl 12? How many can you possibly have at 7? Like 3 points? It comes down entirely to equipment at these levels. Equipment and luck. No DOT skills...no strategy...just luck and gear. Maybe in other games that's different (say SL maybe) but in DL at low levels, if you know what you're doing and the people who you're against don't...it's a bloodbath. Do I feel bad slaughtering noobs? Sure I do, but you don't know these people are bad or new until the game actually starts. I have no idea what level my opponents are until after the game. I'm sure some day people will figure out lvl 12 is a fun lvl to be at, but until then, I'll be fighting regular players just playing the game. Most of them have pmed me asking how I killed them so fast...to which case I say to add my AoC account and ask me questions whenever I'm online. No friends allowed on a pvp account

You people jumped on the defensive bandwagon and attacked a kid who was correct, and then it turned into a HUGE flame war. In a game as new as DL, there is no such thing as competitive low lvl PVPing. Once again, it's a matter of who knows what skills to use, who's attacks actually hit, and who has better gear. If you guys want strategic PVP games, go play at the cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I dont actually care of twinkers farming noobs.. But I do care of them messing up the leaderboard.. I mean.. 1st k/d ratio person got over 100:1 last time I checked. This makes impossible for players who have not been twinking and reached lvl 21 to be in top 5 on the list.

I really hope DL figures this one out. Ruins whole purpose of leaderboard. lolz