Thread: Dhaamo - A Short Guide On Archers (Includes info , pvp and dungeon tricks)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Dhaamo - A Short Guide On Archers (Includes info , pvp and dungeon tricks)

Dhaamo's guide on archers

Contents
    Info
    How to play in dungeons?
    How to play in pvp? (classified according to class)

This is a detailed guide on archers. I will update this guide with builds soon.

Info

Archer classes mainly focus on damage. Since they must be light in foot they wear leather which is why they are not well protected.They can reduce the armour of their opponents , root them and cause devastating attacks. In case of an archer , I suggest that it be pure dex because it increases the archer's damage , DPS and also the power of his skills. His skills will give extra output if he is pure dex.Whenever possible equip him with talons and wings. Archers are also very fun to play. 33% of characters are pure dex archers !

How to play in dungeons ?

Minions : Focus - Thorn wall - shattering scream - blast shot - (Will kill minions)
    Minor bosses: Focus - Evasion - break armour - Thorn wall - shattering scream - blast shot - Blind hit - Repulse hit - thorn root (Minor bosses are surely doomed)
    Boss :Focus - Evasion - break armour - Thorn wall - shattering scream - blast shot - Blind hit - Repulse hit - thorn root (Repeat )

Note:; Keep your wepon always in auto

How to play in pvp?

Mage

Mages are pretty tough but have very less armour and not much range so we need to keep attacking them from a distance. Suppose trapped by frost bite, keep attacking and if the mage nears use combo ! Mage is done for good ! Mages' mana shield can be broken by blast shot.

Buff - debuff - blast shot- blinding shot - thorn root - repulse hit (keep moving out of range)

Warriors

Warriors are very dangerous . Dex bears exspecially . In case of non dex bear stay near him out of the reach of his sword , if he tries to use beckon you can literally see him stretching , attack with repulse hit at that time. Beckon will be cancelled. Bears can do nothing when rooted or frozen . So root them often

Buff - root - debuff - blast shot ...... (depends with every battle , repulse hit before beckon is used)

Archers

Coming to our own class. If the enemy rushes stay in place (buffing) and be the first to use combo. If he runs chase him and try to root him and go near him to use combo m first. In some cases you taunt him to use shttering scream , go near him use combo !

Thanking you,
    Dhaamo

Thank me if this was really useful .(This guide will be updated with builds soon )
    Last edited by Dhaamo; 05-09-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Look a bit up to check the stickies. There is Physiologic's Archer guide which covers the whole Archer class. And PvP section has a definitive build and combo lists for birds (Thanks to Chickenrunnn). This guide doesn't actually offer anything new so it is kind of useless.

Don't do guides to earn urself reputation. It gives sort of a bad image out of u. Forums are not about reputation but to have fun and discuss about the game.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Decent guide but as dudetus said nothing new and also at nuri's onward their are no pink talons have fun
    Dreebabe lv65 pure dex dagger bird
    countvlad lv15 male vamp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Uhm... Already a very good guide already made like this one... Kind of redundant, but nice effort...

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Thanks for ur guide, i dont like watching movies so this came in very helpfull. Dont let the bullys get to you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I don't get why thorn root should be the last spell in your cycle during (miniboss and) boss fights. It reduces dodge, and therefore increases the change of your (and your parties') spells to actually land.

I'd use: thorn root, break, shattering, blast, blind, thorn wall, repulse (for bosses that can't be pushed back), avian. Starting your skill cycle like this doesn't only reduce dodge, but allows follow up (alternative) skill cycles with minimum down time in spells in prolonged boss fights.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts

lol dhamo didnt u rage quit from my 66 warbird Livemau
    btw the guide although coveres a few classes you only briefly went over the difference between dex bear and str bear and your vs bird guide seems to be dex vs dex and when you fight a warbird its more like a bear than a bird so it needs its own section. Survives like a bear kills like a bird swag like a livemau
    perhaps i could write u some pointers sometime and even release the livemau combo which is used by 2 players as i decided to release it to a close friend of mine

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

Okay

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DocDoBig For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

I joined his guild to save 4 plat on my thrasher #maxefficiency
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DocDoBig View Post

Okay
    #Busted