Thread: The Dead Scoiety

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default The Dead Scoiety

Hello everyone,

Most of you probably don't know it, but I am the guild master of The Dead Society in Star Legends. While originally we tried to have three guild masters, Edwardteach always been extremely busy and cannot devote enough time to accept the mantle of gm. Deokahidale held the position for a long time, and in February we decided I should assume the position. Since then, we did pretty well for ourselves, getting onto the leaderboards for a good long time (and we are finally back on them!). With the advent of Dark Legends, however, we have suffered. Activity is down, and many of us spend a good deal of time on Dark Legends, myself included. I assure you I'm only waiting for the SL update. Deokahidale opened a chapter of TDS in DL, which has proven rather successful. While Deo was spending time on DL, I was stuck on SL, struggling to keep SL TDS afloat. I now seem to be known as "Star Lord Sch" and am recognized as the full and individual gm of SL TDS. I only began playing DL when it was released on iOS, so DL TDS was roaring by then. I only lasted about a week or two in the guild. It is not TDS. Deo is a different person from who I have known. He doesn't give a hoot about our guild in SL. He has not logged on to SL in at least a month. While many officers of SL TDS are in DL TDS, I do not think that a single one of them has been given anything higher than recruiter. Deo has taken DL TDS in some direction that he has yet to explain and that is quite different from what TDS has stood for since our founding six months ago. I recognize that DL is not very guild-friendly, and that success of guilds there requires different tactics, but where DL TDS has gone is unacceptable. There are no vestiges of the true TDS remaining. It saddens me to think where I have been forced to go.

I, Schtoiven, Guild Master of The Dead Society, do formally DISOWN the dead society in dark legends for now and for ever.

I request that the dead society in Dark Legends change their name. I have worked long and hard to earn a respectable name for The Dead Society, and the guild in Dark Legends seems able to ruin our reputation. I recognize the unlikelihood of the name change actually happening, but one can always try.

I am not alone in my sentiments, many friends of mine agree that they are two separate guilds.

I would like to make it perfectly clear that from now on, The Dead Society in Star Legends and the dead society in Dark Legends are two distinct guilds, with no ties whatsoever.

Thank you for your time,

Schtoiven

***This will be posted both on SL and DL forums***
    "You know why the call me Sch? That's the sound of my blade before they die."
    Schtoiven [36/41 eng], Schwift [36/41 op], Schteel [36/41 com], Schtoiv [25 en], +4 SECRETS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

O_O i understand how you feel i have also noticed this change.

Jumping through those holes in time and space
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

I understand your decision. I wish you and your guild, The Dead Society of Star Legends, my best.
    Last edited by PianoWizzy; 05-11-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Let me explain the lateness of signatures with a page of my homework.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PianoWizzy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

As I do think <The Dead Society> of Dark Legends has problems - I think it was childish to post this. Kinda hating on it and disowning it without Deokahidale's approval. He owns TDS just as much as you do. This is why I will no longer be apart of TDS.

Sorry.

-Skabac

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default The Dead Scoiety

Im in your guild in SL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Im sorry but I can understand where sch's coming from cuz I too thought TDS in DL would be as it was in SL. I left TDS in DL too but I informed Deo why I left and that I had no hard feelings toward anyone. Please lets not hate sch, he's clearly saddened by this and as am I.
    "If you got it on ya mind, BRING THE DRAMA"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Im sorry but this did not have too be put on sts forum. Just because a guild doesnt run how you would like it doesnt make it a bad guild that is just your opinion and maybe a few others. I know a lot of people from DL in TDS and they seem more then happy with there guild. I can understand you would like them too change guild name but keep that between you and them not the entire sts public. Too me this seems like a bashing thread trying to ruine a guilds reputation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I don't consider DL TDS to be a bad guild. It simply doesn't represent what TDS was created to be: small, tight-knit, and elite. I think it's a good guild for DL, but I also think they share no real connections aside from Deo being gm in both.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree with you Berry, this was uncalled for and fairly offensive.

TDS in DL IS different from SL, just as the PL guild which wasnt mentioned is different from either. This shouldnt be surprising as they are all different games. The Dead Society in SL is a wonderful guild and I enjoyed my time there, when DL released the guilds it was a given that I would be joining. It is a wonderful guild and very well managed, all of the officers are mature players who can and will help out as well as keep things from getting out of hand. I am sorry that some of our brothers and sisters in SL do not feel comfortable with us in this new guild, but I do understand their feelings. Perhaps in time there will be a reconciliation between Deo and schtoiven but that is for the future. I have a lot of friends in the SL Guild and I have no intention of giving them up over this, It is a game. A game where we come to have fun, socialize, and escape the Real World for a while. I will not let a petty squabble ruin my enjoyment of this or any game. We are all free to make our own decisions, to join this or that guild, to talk to this or that person... I don't begrudge anyone that right, but don't infringe upon my right to make my own choices either.

For now know that TDS in DL will welcome with open arms all who can and do respect the rules that were established in SL.

We get to give, but no begging.
    Respect all players, no haters.
    Guild Chat A Lot and have Fun!

Oh, and its Society, not Scoiety

DL: Kellee L26 Vamp/Silverqueen L25 Vamp/Chantinelle L25 Vamp/Megaera L16
    SL: Kellee L41 Engi/Silverqueen L40 Op/Icequeen L40 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skabac View Post
    As I do think <The Dead Society> of Dark Legends has problems - I think it was childish to post this. Kinda hating on it and disowning it without Deokahidale's approval. He owns TDS just as much as you do. This is why I will no longer be apart of TDS.
    Sorry.
    -Skabac
    As you say, He owns TDS just as much as you do. therefore, Sch is allowed to do what he likes with the guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsberry View Post
    Im sorry but this did not have too be put on sts forum. Just because a guild doesnt run how you would like it doesnt make it a bad guild that is just your opinion and maybe a few others. I know a lot of people from DL in TDS and they seem more then happy with there guild. I can understand you would like them too change guild name but keep that between you and them not the entire sts public. Too me this seems like a bashing thread trying to ruine a guilds reputation.
    I do not recall Sch calling it a bad guild, and the Dark Legends guild in his opinion, is ruining his guild's reputation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellee View Post
    I agree with you Berry, this was uncalled for and fairly offensive.

TDS in DL IS different from SL, just as the PL guild which wasnt mentioned is different from either. This shouldnt be surprising as they are all different games. The Dead Society in SL is a wonderful guild and I enjoyed my time there, when DL released the guilds it was a given that I would be joining. It is a wonderful guild and very well managed, all of the officers are mature players who can and will help out as well as keep things from getting out of hand. I am sorry that some of our brothers and sisters in SL do not feel comfortable with us in this new guild, but I do understand their feelings. Perhaps in time there will be a reconciliation between Deo and schtoiven but that is for the future. I have a lot of friends in the SL Guild and I have no intention of giving them up over this, It is a game. A game where we come to have fun, socialize, and escape the Real World for a while. I will not let a petty squabble ruin my enjoyment of this or any game. We are all free to make our own decisions, to join this or that guild, to talk to this or that person... I don't begrudge anyone that right, but don't infringe upon my right to make my own choices either.

For now know that TDS in DL will welcome with open arms all who can and do respect the rules that were established in SL.

We get to give, but no begging.
    Respect all players, no haters.
    Guild Chat A Lot and have Fun!

Oh, and its Society, not Scoiety
    How can you say "no haters" in a post while your hating on someone else's post?
    Sorry if i have been offensive to anyone, but I am just posting my opinion.
    I do not believe that saying one thing wrong on the forums should suddenly make you hated by multiple people.
    Once a friend of mine helped me stop haters on a thread that I had made, and I will do my best to help someone else from being hated.
    -Taipan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Wow, I am sorry to hear

Quote Originally Posted by Schtoiven View Post
    Hello everyone,

Most of you probably don't know it, but I am the guild master of The Dead Society in Star Legends. While originally we tried to have three guild masters, Edwardteach always been extremely busy and cannot devote enough time to accept the mantle of gm. Deokahidale held the position for a long time, and in February we decided I should assume the position. Since then, we did pretty well for ourselves, getting onto the leaderboards for a good long time (and we are finally back on them!). With the advent of Dark Legends, however, we have suffered. Activity is down, and many of us spend a good deal of time on Dark Legends, myself included. I assure you I'm only waiting for the SL update. Deokahidale opened a chapter of TDS in DL, which has proven rather successful. While Deo was spending time on DL, I was stuck on SL, struggling to keep SL TDS afloat. I now seem to be known as "Star Lord Sch" and am recognized as the full and individual gm of SL TDS. I only began playing DL when it was released on iOS, so DL TDS was roaring by then. I only lasted about a week or two in the guild. It is not TDS. Deo is a different person from who I have known. He doesn't give a hoot about our guild in SL. He has not logged on to SL in at least a month. While many officers of SL TDS are in DL TDS, I do not think that a single one of them has been given anything higher than recruiter. Deo has taken DL TDS in some direction that he has yet to explain and that is quite different from what TDS has stood for since our founding six months ago. I recognize that DL is not very guild-friendly, and that success of guilds there requires different tactics, but where DL TDS has gone is unacceptable. There are no vestiges of the true TDS remaining. It saddens me to think where I have been forced to go.

I, Schtoiven, Guild Master of The Dead Society, do formally DISOWN the dead society in dark legends for now and for ever.

I request that the dead society in Dark Legends change their name. I have worked long and hard to earn a respectable name for The Dead Society, and the guild in Dark Legends seems able to ruin our reputation. I recognize the unlikelihood of the name change actually happening, but one can always try.

I am not alone in my sentiments, many friends of mine agree that they are two separate guilds.

I would like to make it perfectly clear that from now on, The Dead Society in Star Legends and the dead society in Dark Legends are two distinct guilds, with no ties whatsoever.

Thank you for your time,

Schtoiven

***This will be posted both on SL and DL forums***
    This doesn't surprise me it would happen, but to such a recognizable guild.

Thank you for the heads up.

Azi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

You had to do what you had to do. I realize and hope everyone else does how hard a decision this is, and I admire that you had the guts to do it. Long live SL, The Dead Society.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I'm saying that Deokahidale is also the owner of the guild, meaning that I think Schtoiven doesn't have the right to disown DL TDS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taipan View Post
    As you say, He owns TDS just as much as you do. therefore, Sch is allowed to do what he likes with the guild.

I do not recall Sch calling it a bad guild, and the Dark Legends guild in his opinion, is ruining his guild's reputation.

How can you say "no haters" in a post while your hating on someone else's post?
    Sorry if i have been offensive to anyone, but I am just posting my opinion.
    I do not believe that saying one thing wrong on the forums should suddenly make you hated by multiple people.
    Once a friend of mine helped me stop haters on a thread that I had made, and I will do my best to help someone else from being hated.
    -Taipan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I think that forums are suitable for any discussion of different type of info, not only for posting funny posts and sig contests, so this post by Schtoiven is totally okay

Such sadness (and maybe drama) shows that the Dead Society GM does cares about his guild. I see no hating in his thread, though it's not very clear what particular stuff is so different in two same named guilds

I wish you best with yo guild, Schtoiven

Peace
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!