Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Making Signatures...for FREE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Default Making Signatures...for FREE

But there's a catch. I am making signatures for free, it's true. I am making them for anyone. No one get's special treatment, no one get's faster results. But like I said, there is a catch.

I will only make signatures if the requests intrigue me. I will make signatures if I am allowed artistic freedom. I will make signatures that challenge me, but not to the point that the final product will suffer and look forced.

There is no limit to what you can ask me to do. I will also do things for outside of this forum if you need bigger sizes. However, there are some things I will ignore and not do:

- a stock photo with a name on it.
    - a bunch of pictures smashed together in a cluster of artistic vomit.
    - a request with a render, a stock, a color, and font, and a style.
    - something with horribly clashing colors
    - "outer space nebula signatures" (not saying I won't use space designs, but I will not use just a nebula)
    - anything that I do not think will look good as a finished product.

Those are vague guidelines. I am not glorifying myself as a fantastic signature artist, in fact I am quite out of practice and am doing these for free because I haven't worked with signature techniques in months now. I am putting these guidelines out because I see lots of signature artists these days who just kind of throw things together in 20 minutes. My signatures take hours, sometimes days (mostly in part because I'm slow lol ).

Again, don't take this as me being conceited. I know I am good, but I know there are people who are lightyears better than me.

Make a request, if I like it, I'll begin working on it in my free time. Do not ask me when it will be finished or how it's going...I'll let you know. My past clients know that I am very vocal when I'm working on a project. If you post a request and I ignore it or tell you to try again, please feel free to do so, but please also wait at least a day if other people are showing interest. Thanks!

Let's get started.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flowman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Please also give me SOME direction. Even just 1 thing, like a theme, or a color scheme. I will gladly make it up from scratch, but don't be upset if you don't like it in the end

Reserved for uploads.

Examples of my work...within the tiny sts sig limits

Last edited by Flowman; 05-12-2012 at 07:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

My name in game is FrzenDeath. Colors black red and blue, other then that do as you like just wishing ice death and bloodis all I need in it
    How is up to you. I'd love a surprise.
    this space reserved for Flowman

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

I have an idea in mind. Give me a few hours to plan it out and I'll let you know if I can make it happen

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Flowman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Hehe here's a challenge for ya Flow. Kirby (from the video game) in the Michael Jackson smooth criminal white suit. Everything else you have complete freedom with ^_^

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default Making Signatures...for FREE

Name is ubernova colors hopefully just darker, and with explosions

PL Valkarya- 65 dex/int Mage~Ubernova- 51 str bear~Bearwithbow- 27 farmer dex bear~valksfarmer- 10 farmer bird
    SL Uberhealer- 40 engi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Dang it I frogot what I wanted last year...

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Lowly - I'm not much of a drawer, so if I were to do this I'd use renders and mash them up...but I'll consider it. I have an awesome idea for this, but I don't think I'd be able to draw it. Would look awesome as a pixelated MS paint signature. (Old school sig artists will know what I mean.)

PL Playa - Not really something I'd do, Explosions themselves are too vague to be a main theme. Maybe if I were Michael Bay...maybe. Try to think of something more specific...without getting too specific.

Cahaun - My thread from last year should still be on the forums. I want to say it was something with a spider?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    Hehe here's a challenge for ya Flow. Kirby (from the video game) in the Michael Jackson smooth criminal white suit. Everything else you have complete freedom with ^_^
    check this idea, it came to me right away:

Background: Jack the Ripper era city streets...jack the ripper themed setting. Foggy, narrow alley, but the although the alleyway get brighter as you move back further into the background, it also gets a litte clearer. Tall buildings on either side of the alley, but at the focal point near the end, the skyline in just barely visible. The left side wall extends all the way to the back of the sig. The right side wall stops a little before, allowing the skyline to continue to the right, as well as the street where the alley would intersect, showing that you can make a right hand turn here.

Foreground: Some form of crime...bloody dagger and an outstretched hand...a body...doesn't matter, just has to be a crime.

Main focal: Your white suited MJ Kirby, slightly ducking around that right turn, but not enough to hide the eyes, with the eyes darting towards the viewer with a menacing, yet vivid stare. The kind of stare that says "what're you going to do about it." Kirby would have a cape, though not part of the original outfit, the cape would be used to show movement, as the character is meant to be escaping around the corner.

If you can picture that in your head, then my work is done. If anyone (cough Redryder cough) with artistic ability in freehand drawing and pixel drawing would like to collab with me on this, feel free to sketch it out and we'll go from there.

PS - this is the kind of thinking I put in to every signature people

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Name:  pwnie.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  4.7 KB
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArtStar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStar View Post
    Name:  pwnie.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  4.7 KB
    A thanks for every time you post that.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Otukura For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flowman:645156
    check this idea, it came to me right away:

Background: Jack the Ripper era city streets...jack the ripper themed setting. Foggy, narrow alley, but the although the alleyway get brighter as you move back further into the background, it also gets a litte clearer. Tall buildings on either side of the alley, but at the focal point near the end, the skyline in just barely visible. The left side wall extends all the way to the back of the sig. The right side wall stops a little before, allowing the skyline to continue to the right, as well as the street where the alley would intersect, showing that you can make a right hand turn here.

Foreground: Some form of crime...bloody dagger and an outstretched hand...a body...doesn't matter, just has to be a crime.

Main focal: Your white suited MJ Kirby, slightly ducking around that right turn, but not enough to hide the eyes, with the eyes darting towards the viewer with a menacing, yet vivid stare. The kind of stare that says "what're you going to do about it." Kirby would have a cape, though not part of the original outfit, the cape would be used to show movement, as the character is meant to be escaping around the corner.

If you can picture that in your head, then my work is done. If anyone (cough Redryder cough) with artistic ability in freehand drawing and pixel drawing would like to collab with me on this, feel free to sketch it out and we'll go from there.

PS - this is the kind of thinking I put in to every signature people
    Hmm, interesting. Go for it bud

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    A thanks for every time you post that.
    Yeahh it is my sentiments exactly on both of these threads.
    Not very nice to mess with a long time business, this early in the DL forums.
    Ha ha it is okay though I like the competition, and we all have different flavors of signatures.
    So all of us should be getting business still I'm sure.
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Ha ha it is okay though I like the competition, and we all have different flavors of signatures.
    idk what about it, but I just love the colors+expression on that guy's face!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

0.o
    Last edited by Mrsberry; 05-12-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Ladies, Flow is an oooold friend and he is good at what he does, as are the both of you. There is no reason to put him down simply because he acknowledges his own skill at sigs, that's like badmouthing people who say "yeah i'm decent at pvp" when they really are good at pvp.

I can assure you with the utmost confidence that Flow, in no way, meant to disrespect the two of you. He simply gave people a bit more variety to chose from when having someone make a sig for them. Let's all let bygons be bygons and be friends here ^_^

Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Can't wait man
    this space reserved for Flowman

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

0.o
    Last edited by Mrsberry; 05-12-2012 at 08:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    Ladies, Flow is an oooold friend and he is good at what he does, as are the both of you. There is no reason to put him down simply because he acknowledges his own skill at sigs, that's like badmouthing people who say "yeah i'm decent at pvp" when they really are good at pvp.

I can assure you with the utmost confidence that Flow, in no way, meant to disrespect the two of you. He simply gave people a bit more variety to chose from when having someone make a sig for them. Let's all let bygons be bygons and be friends here ^_^
    No one is badmouthing anyone.
    Calm down Lowl, let's not make it sound like something that it's not.

There is nothing wrong with a little healthy competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    idk what about it, but I just love the colors+expression on that guy's face!
    I know right? Mrsberry did a really good job on making this signature.
    Last edited by ArtStar; 05-12-2012 at 08:39 AM.
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

I've been making signatures here since the SL Beta days.
    Last edited by Flowman; 05-12-2012 at 08:02 AM.