Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: New Auction house / Flawed System - Current Offer (C/O)

  1. #1
    Senior Member Titanium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    2,384
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    438
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    835
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

    Default New Auction house / Flawed System - Current Offer (C/O)

    New Auction House

    I'm thinking we should have a different type of auction house without being asked for any fee (5%) until the item gets sold.

    While it should work like this: I'm listing Monarch Wings. I will set how much I expect to get for the item 8m (which it cannot be seen by bidders). And people will do their bids being unaware what other potential buyers are offering. After 12 hours my item will be sold to the highest bidder (who offered more than my expectation price)

    While there is a higher chance for this auction house to be flooded with items, somehow i think we should receive 3 auction slots by default.


    C/O


    I'm not sure how many people are being affected by this untrustworthy system of "C/O" but i think it's time for something to be done.

    If you are not aware how it works, it goes something like this.

    Mr X sells Blackbeard Hooks and states that he takes offers and gives you a C/O 110m from Mr Z.

    (You must think "damn, this has to be legit, he has a C/O" from this person, time to outbid him to get this item")

    But in reality, Mr X has 70-80m offers. Mr. Z most of the time is a friend, an alt, or another account of his.

    I've seen items climbing from 70m to 170m just because there are a lot of Mr Xs thinking they can benefit from this merching trick.

    There are a lot of scenarios where Mr X buys multiple Blackbeard Hooks just to lower the chances of desperate buyers to get the item.

    Also in order to make these offers look more realistic, Mr. X opens a thread. And in the thread you can find his buddies making offers, sometimes his forum side account making offers even his spouse is there making offers, damn.

    But last and not least, MR X has proof that he has offers, he also takes screenshots. Because that's what a normal seller does, right? he takes screenshots of offers in case..... ?? he forgets the name of the buyer OF COURSE.


    Let's not pretend that there's a resonable explanation why items are climbing when a mercher gets the item and then calls it "ah i got this offer because there is a big demand for it"
    Last edited by Titanium; 06-03-2021 at 05:31 AM.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Forum Adept Azel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Arcadia
    Posts
    355
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    13
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    28
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

    Default

    Well only thing I'm concerned is that if no fee is asked then people will easily abuse it. I can put a common gear for like 100m which ik no one will buy and the auc will get flooded with garbage.

    IGN : Tjnder | Awakening Officer

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Azel For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Senior Member Titanium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    2,384
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    438
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    835
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azel View Post
    Well only thing I'm concerned is that if no fee is asked then people will easily abuse it. I can put a common gear for like 100m which ik no one will buy and the auc will get flooded with garbage.
    nobody can see how much u r expecting to get for the item. They should see ur ign and the item's name.

    If nobody gives u 100m then the item gets cancelled from auction after 12 hours. The bidder will have his gold locked until the item gets sold or expire.

  6. #4
    Senior Member Roycedamagnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    673
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    183
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    117
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

    Default

    Constructive suggestion, but if this system is to prevent fake offers and whatnot, isn't your auction house system flawed?
    The same concept of using friends and alts to bump up the current bid can also be applied in your proposed auction system. For example, the seller sets the "secret bid" at 90m for a rare item that is usually worth 70m and encourages his buddies to bid all the way up to 89m. Another genuine buyer that really needs this item and is unaware of its worth goes on to bid 90m. In this case, the seller has hoodwinked the buyer into paying 20m extra.

    P.S:-
    The whole "fake offers" concept is so messed up. Anyone around that is still doing this to take advantage over desperate buyers should be ashamed of themselves.
    We've been sittin' here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas.

  7. #5
    Senior Member Spooked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Probably not where you are
    Posts
    1,367
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    113
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    434
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

    Default

    Its a good concept but i really dont see how the current system is all that bad.
    Seems to work perfectly fine, people just have to stop taking everything at face value.
    Instead of listening to what any random person has to say they should do some research on the item, specifically doing forum checks on past sales, this has saved me from a dozen of potential rip deals

  8. #6
    Senior Member Titanium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Gotham
    Posts
    2,384
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    438
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    835
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

    Default New Auction house / Flawed System - Current Offer (C/O)

    Quote Originally Posted by Roycedamagnet View Post
    Constructive suggestion, but if this system is to prevent fake offers and whatnot, isn't your auction house system flawed?
    The same concept of using friends and alts to bump up the current bid can also be applied in your proposed auction system. For example, the seller sets the "secret bid" at 90m for a rare item that is usually worth 70m and encourages his buddies to bid all the way up to 89m. Another genuine buyer that really needs this item and is unaware of its worth goes on to bid 90m. In this case, the seller has hoodwinked the buyer into paying 20m extra.

    P.S:-
    The whole "fake offers" concept is so messed up. Anyone around that is still doing this to take advantage over desperate buyers should be ashamed of themselves.
    The genuine buyer should name his offer since he is not aware of the let go price. If he is desperate enough. He should offer 100m.
    If the seller will ask his buddies to pay 91m. Then nobody is going to be aware anyway. So it doesnt matter.

    This C/Os spoken in town are the poison.
    Somehow the community starts beliving that the value of an item is set by the ďc/oĒ given to the buyer. Which most of the time is fake. And they will take it for granted. Thats how much he needs to pay or more to get in the possession of that specific item. Correct me if im wrong.

    Making annonymous bids can actually benefit on the long term the players. Cause everyone will bid how much they think it worths it.

  9. #7
    Senior Member Roycedamagnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    673
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    183
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    117
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    The genuine buyer should name his offer since he is not aware of the let go price. If he is desperate enough. He should offer 100m.
    If the seller will ask his buddies to pay 91m. Then nobody is going to be aware anyway. So it doesnt matter.

    This C/Os spoken in town are the poison.
    Somehow the community starts beliving that the value of an item is set by the “c/o” given to the buyer. Which most of the time is fake. And they will take it for granted. Thats how much he needs to pay or more to get in the possession of that specific item. Correct me if im wrong.

    Making annonymous bids can actually benefit on the long term the players. Cause everyone will bid how much they think it worths it.
    Ah, I understand now. Thought only the names of the bidders were hidden, while the bids themselves were not. Did not know that the current bids were hidden from the buyers in your suggestion as well. That solves the problem.
    +1.
    Last edited by Roycedamagnet; 06-03-2021 at 08:01 AM.
    We've been sittin' here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas.

  10. #8
    Senior Member Encryptions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Many places.
    Posts
    3,554
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    86
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,250
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

    Default

    Would need 2 auction houses for this if items take 12 hours to sell, one for the bids which will mostly contain expensive items and one for the cheaper items such as red eggs, locks, awake gems, and so on.
    One person could list an item worth 25mil for 35mil and use his alt to bid 34mil so the next person to bid is unaware and buys it.
    This has been asked many times in the past but I don't think there is a way to set it up without people abusing the system. You could add a cancle bid option for those who bidded and didn't know the price- then you would get trolls who bid super high and cancle their bid.

    Maybe have it where you list an item for 12 hours and instead of a system that goes only off the highest bid it can collect all of the bids in the 12 hour time frame and at the end the seller picks which bid he wants. No price is shown on the item and the top bid won't make it where others can't bid less. Even if its got a 25mil bid someone can bid 20m.
    Last edited by Encryptions; 06-03-2021 at 08:45 AM.

  11. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    202
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    7
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Default

    "After 12hrs my item will be sold to the highest bidder"
    isn't this a bit of a problem?


    Sent from my ASUS_Z01QD using Tapatalk

  12. #10
    Senior Member BaronB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Your Imagination
    Posts
    1,205
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    661
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    826
    Thanked in
    371 Posts

    Default

    The auction house isn't broke... so don't try to fix it.


    What you all after is more like a trade outpost...

    Say I list an item up for trade, instead of listing it with a price, it becomes available for people to submit offers..

    Say Person A sees my item up for trade, he can "place a offer/bid" which will take him into his inv and he can select 4 different items and or gold to "offer/bid" on the said item.

    Person A items then become locked into that "offer/bid" until Ive chosen to accept or decline.

    At the same time Person B could come along and make a similar "bid/offer" on my post like Person A has done, so could Person C, etc.

    Now I would have multiple different "offers/bids" to choose from and if for example, I choose Person Bs "offer/bid" then Person A and Person C would have their items/gold unlocked/returned to them as theirs wasn't accepted.

    Probably wouldn't be the easiest to implement with coding etc (I'm not that technical) however based on the ideas people are trying to spitball, this solution is going to be your best one.


    1 <3

    **edit**

    Also you can add say a listing fee for me to post a item on the "trade outpost" which is also higher then the fees in the AH to detire people smalling small trades and just like the AH you can choose to have a post stay up for a length of time for different fees like 1 day - 3 days - 7 days and if the post hasn't had any offers or gets accepted, it becomes expired again like how the AH works

  13. #11
    Senior Member Saint Jaffo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    R'lyeh
    Posts
    1,080
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    138
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    142
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

    Default

    I like this idea, so +1.
    Following up next they should do something regarding the people that list 1 elite golden puzzle box for 15m. (As an example, happens with many other items and sometimes unaware people fall for that.)

  14. #12
    Luminary Poster Fyrce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sanctuary
    Posts
    5,095
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,923
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    765
    Thanked in
    548 Posts

    Default

    It involves humans. Same problem as all other things that involve humans. Remove humans to solve problem.

    Star light, star bright...

  15. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    813
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    42
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    The auction house isn't broke... so don't try to fix it.


    What you all after is more like a trade outpost...

    Say I list an item up for trade, instead of listing it with a price, it becomes available for people to submit offers..

    Say Person A sees my item up for trade, he can "place a offer/bid" which will take him into his inv and he can select 4 different items and or gold to "offer/bid" on the said item.

    Person A items then become locked into that "offer/bid" until Ive chosen to accept or decline.

    At the same time Person B could come along and make a similar "bid/offer" on my post like Person A has done, so could Person C, etc.

    Now I would have multiple different "offers/bids" to choose from and if for example, I choose Person Bs "offer/bid" then Person A and Person C would have their items/gold unlocked/returned to them as theirs wasn't accepted.

    Probably wouldn't be the easiest to implement with coding etc (I'm not that technical) however based on the ideas people are trying to spitball, this solution is going to be your best one.


    1 <3

    **edit**

    Also you can add say a listing fee for me to post a item on the "trade outpost" which is also higher then the fees in the AH to detire people smalling small trades and just like the AH you can choose to have a post stay up for a length of time for different fees like 1 day - 3 days - 7 days and if the post hasn't had any offers or gets accepted, it becomes expired again like how the AH works
    Love this idea! I am a victim of fake bidder, he put high c/o and gone.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to hozukreti For This Useful Post:


  17. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    856
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    38
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    108
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    New Auction House

    I'm thinking we should have a different type of auction house without being asked for any fee (5%) until the item gets sold.

    While it should work like this: I'm listing Monarch Wings. I will set how much I expect to get for the item 8m (which it cannot be seen by bidders). And people will do their bids being unaware what other potential buyers are offering. After 12 hours my item will be sold to the highest bidder (who offered more than my expectation price)

    While there is a higher chance for this auction house to be flooded with items, somehow i think we should receive 3 auction slots by default.


    C/O


    I'm not sure how many people are being affected by this untrustworthy system of "C/O" but i think it's time for something to be done.

    If you are not aware how it works, it goes something like this.

    Mr X sells Blackbeard Hooks and states that he takes offers and gives you a C/O 110m from Mr Z.

    (You must think "damn, this has to be legit, he has a C/O" from this person, time to outbid him to get this item")

    But in reality, Mr X has 70-80m offers. Mr. Z most of the time is a friend, an alt, or another account of his.

    I've seen items climbing from 70m to 170m just because there are a lot of Mr Xs thinking they can benefit from this merching trick.

    There are a lot of scenarios where Mr X buys multiple Blackbeard Hooks just to lower the chances of desperate buyers to get the item.

    Also in order to make these offers look more realistic, Mr. X opens a thread. And in the thread you can find his buddies making offers, sometimes his forum side account making offers even his spouse is there making offers, damn.

    But last and not least, MR X has proof that he has offers, he also takes screenshots. Because that's what a normal seller does, right? he takes screenshots of offers in case..... ?? he forgets the name of the buyer OF COURSE.


    Let's not pretend that there's a resonable explanation why items are climbing when a mercher gets the item and then calls it "ah i got this offer because there is a big demand for it"
    It's not that hard to ask a guildy of the item's average price....

    If his c/o is very high, u simply don't have to buy it from him....easy

    It's the desperation which gives merchants their profits...

    And besides, if the seller wants to sell at a specific price, and won't go lower, the he has the right to sell at his price.

    Some people use "C/O" as minimum amount or a starting bid, it's the wrong use of it, but they sometimes use it for that purpose.

    Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

  18. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Arlor
    Posts
    36
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    106
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    8
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

    Default

    There will always be scammers, and a new type of auction won't stop that...anyway, the whole current offer thing isn't even used in auction just by merchers in exp camp so idk why ur trying to fix it with a new house. The current one is fine. If u all just stop trusting scammers with ur money, there wouldn't be a problem. People wouldn't scam if it didn't work.

  19. #16
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    330
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    15
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

    Default

    it will sound strange if we sell an item through an auction without payment, whether it sells or not is a risk, if you want it for free do a trade on the spot

    Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk

  20. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    149
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    20
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

    Default

    I think If an auct will be made it need to be like real one.
    U fix a reserve price (higher the price higher u pay to sell) and then best Co wins so u can avoid the entire fake Co sistem.

  21. #18
    Forum Adept
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    421
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    14
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    49
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

    Default

    Nice idea, adding to that it would be great if after the items get sold, the actual fee of the whole transaction is double or even triple the price of using the normal auction so ppl donít just flood their items, and if the item doesnít get sold it takes the same fee it costs to put it up in auc. If someone thinks adding a fee if the item isnít sold is a bad idea, what is gonna stop the buyer to directly pm me to buy the item at my price after it expires from the auction.

Similar Threads

  1. Auction offer system
    By ungarn in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-03-2019, 11:04 AM
  2. Auction house in guild hall or one in your house
    By im jeff in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-27-2018, 09:15 AM
  3. New auction house system
    By Clickbangboom in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-09-2016, 07:33 PM
  4. Current pet system
    By Tendirin in forum AL Pets
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-12-2014, 05:23 AM
  5. Bug in auction house when canceling expired auction
    By Fabunni in forum PL Technical Issues and Bugs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-24-2010, 01:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •