Thread: New Auction house / Flawed System - Current Offer (C/O)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts

Default New Auction house / Flawed System - Current Offer (C/O)

New Auction House

I'm thinking we should have a different type of auction house without being asked for any fee (5%) until the item gets sold.

While it should work like this: I'm listing Monarch Wings. I will set how much I expect to get for the item 8m (which it cannot be seen by bidders). And people will do their bids being unaware what other potential buyers are offering. After 12 hours my item will be sold to the highest bidder (who offered more than my expectation price)

While there is a higher chance for this auction house to be flooded with items, somehow i think we should receive 3 auction slots by default.

C/O

I'm not sure how many people are being affected by this untrustworthy system of "C/O" but i think it's time for something to be done.

If you are not aware how it works, it goes something like this.

Mr X sells Blackbeard Hooks and states that he takes offers and gives you a C/O 110m from Mr Z.

(You must think "damn, this has to be legit, he has a C/O" from this person, time to outbid him to get this item")

But in reality, Mr X has 70-80m offers. Mr. Z most of the time is a friend, an alt, or another account of his.

I've seen items climbing from 70m to 170m just because there are a lot of Mr Xs thinking they can benefit from this merching trick.

There are a lot of scenarios where Mr X buys multiple Blackbeard Hooks just to lower the chances of desperate buyers to get the item.

Also in order to make these offers look more realistic, Mr. X opens a thread. And in the thread you can find his buddies making offers, sometimes his forum side account making offers even his spouse is there making offers, damn.

But last and not least, MR X has proof that he has offers, he also takes screenshots. Because that's what a normal seller does, right? he takes screenshots of offers in case..... ?? he forgets the name of the buyer OF COURSE.

Let's not pretend that there's a resonable explanation why items are climbing when a mercher gets the item and then calls it "ah i got this offer because there is a big demand for it"
    Last edited by Titanium; 06-03-2021 at 05:31 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post: