10 33.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Avengers vs. X-men

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Which X-Men universe are we talking about vs which Avenger universe? There are plenty of twists and turns based on the answer to that question and since I can assume that many of the users posting here have not read the entire story lines (myself included), I'm going to assume that the op along with some of the other posters have only seen the movie/cartoon series.

Avengers: Yes, the avengers have a god on their side in Thor. He is quite formidable but far from invincible. If you read the comic series you know that Thor isn't immortal and in his best form (warrior's madness) his strength is enhanced, but it's a bit like berserker mode. Thor attacks all parties around, friend and foe. This flaw makes Thor a wild card if he is pushed to his limit. Finally, Thor's weakness is magic which can transform him to mortal status.

X-Men: The Phoenix first off was born in space so she can indeed breath in space. She has the ability to resurrect from death many times (this has been supported via the comic series) which is probably why she is named the phoenix. While Jean Grey is using phoenix force she can rearrange molecules on a atomic level, who can really contend with that? Now how about an ultimate weapon, using phoenix force can take the life energy from one and give it to another, which can fully heal or even resurrect that individual. Rev anyone?

Wild card: Rogue at her best had the ability to fly as well as super human strength but her greatest asset has always been the ability to steal any memory, skill or power from anyone (human or sentient being) through touch. For the duration she is in possession of these things the original owner is without, and if she sustains contact for a prolonged amount of time the transfer is permanent. So basically she can nullify Iron Man's intellect or even Thor's god-like status and have immediate mastery over the newly obtained ability.

A quick read in Wikipedia will support all of the information above: Thor/Jean Grey. Sorry to rain on that parade, I have no idea what is going to happen in the comic series, but as far as mutants goes, Jean Grey with control of the Phoenix is pretty tops imo.

I just hope that Thor and Wolverine get to go toe-to-toe; warrior's madness vs berserker mode, everyone back up and let them have at it. That battle would rage on forever since they both have regen capabilities, I might give a slight edge to Thor based on his abilities, but Logan has fought some of the of the world's fiercest heroes and villains. I wonder if Wolverine is actually teamed up with the X-Men or Avengers (he has been affiliated with both units).

Based on the these units above: I would think about giving the edge to the Avengers since Jean Grey isn't pictured. Thought the picture depicts 7 vs 6, two of the Avengers (Hawkeye and Black Widow) are just humans are fairly useless against a team of mutants imo. Iron Man may be nullified by Magneto, it's also notable that Mjolnir (Thor's hammer) is made of uru which is Asgardian metal. Not to mention Thor is decked out in all of the finest warrior armor, which is basically prey to the master of magnetism. Once Thor is nullified, the Avengers are pretty much worthless. Cyclops and Captain American are pretty much on par. Black Widow and Hawkeye are dead instantly. White Queen is can manipulate her structure to be hard as a diamond so she could potentially go blow for blow with the Hulk, plus can also use telepathy to control members of the Avengers (but cannot do both at the same time). Finally, Spider-Man is probably the number 2 in the Avengers imo due to his intellect, healing factor and Spider-sense to alert him to danger, too bad that the X-Men still have Storm who controls the elements (and has an affinity for magic which is Thor's weakness btw) and Namor, who I never really liked but he is strong/fast and can fly.

Side note: If you read some of these profiles you'll notice that Logan (Wolverine), Namor and Storm have each been a part of the X-Men and Avengers; and a also partnerships between Spider-Man and Wolverine. As I said before, in the end it'll come down to who is on which team; if Thor is in, Jean Grey out, green vs red Hulk or Colossus with Juggernaut powers... the line ups are limitless.

*There are plenty of wiki links in this post, feel free to study up. Wikipedia may not house the most accurate information on the web but when it comes to fanboys and their comics, false information won't be up long.

**How's that for research Thren? This entire work was research due to the fact that I've never read a comic book in my life, everything I know I learned via video game, word of mouth and Wikipedia.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gluttony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

this is kinda a nerd thing but anyway guys avengers will win they can control the sky and ground and pretty much space! so your telling me some wolverine dude is gonna go roar and kill hulk ( p.s hulk will throw him to space ) guys remember the mutants are also against each other meaning REALLY BAD TEAM WORK. ty. i rest my point,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

How is throwing wolverine into space going to kill him.

p.s. I just threw this thread into space. I rest my case.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I am saddened to have to remind you folks that even the lowest of Sith apprentice would eat all these super-zeroes for lunch. Case closed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Jean Grey with control of the Phoenix is pretty tops imo.
    But she can't control it. lololl.

There is a team who can defeat both the Avengers, and the X-Men AT THE SAME TIME.

Here they are:

Name:  Pwnies.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  94.0 KB
    Last edited by ArtStar; 05-14-2012 at 04:54 PM.
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I'm not arguing anymore
    One credit is what makes a million credits.
    Anishavie, The Merchant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStar View Post
    But she can't control it. lololl.

There is a team who can defeat both the Avengers, and the X-Men AT THE SAME TIME.

Here they are:

Name:  Pwnies.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  94.0 KB
    That could not possibly happen since both sides would drop weapons upon the overwhelming power of friendship. Yeah, it is that magic!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Ah that's a tough one.. but I have to go with Xmen... How can someone stop Magneto?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Yeah I agree with what was said about Rogue...Southern belle can absorb anyones powers-abilities etc...making her really dangerous.

Thor is a god...Chris Hemsworth is perfect for the role, amazing...cant wait for Thor 2...Avengers sequel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Which X-Men universe are we talking about vs which Avenger universe? There are plenty of twists and turns based on the answer to that question and since I can assume that many of the users posting here have not read the entire story lines (myself included), I'm going to assume that the op along with some of the other posters have only seen the movie/cartoon series.

Avengers: Yes, the avengers have a god on their side in Thor. He is quite formidable but far from invincible. If you read the comic series you know that Thor isn't immortal and in his best form (warrior's madness) his strength is enhanced, but it's a bit like berserker mode. Thor attacks all parties around, friend and foe. This flaw makes Thor a wild card if he is pushed to his limit. Finally, Thor's weakness is magic which can transform him to mortal status.

X-Men: The Phoenix first off was born in space so she can indeed breath in space. She has the ability to resurrect from death many times (this has been supported via the comic series) which is probably why she is named the phoenix. While Jean Grey is using phoenix force she can rearrange molecules on a atomic level, who can really contend with that? Now how about an ultimate weapon, using phoenix force can take the life energy from one and give it to another, which can fully heal or even resurrect that individual. Rev anyone?

Wild card: Rogue at her best had the ability to fly as well as super human strength but her greatest asset has always been the ability to steal any memory, skill or power from anyone (human or sentient being) through touch. For the duration she is in possession of these things the original owner is without, and if she sustains contact for a prolonged amount of time the transfer is permanent. So basically she can nullify Iron Man's intellect or even Thor's god-like status and have immediate mastery over the newly obtained ability.

A quick read in Wikipedia will support all of the information above: Thor/Jean Grey. Sorry to rain on that parade, I have no idea what is going to happen in the comic series, but as far as mutants goes, Jean Grey with control of the Phoenix is pretty tops imo.

I just hope that Thor and Wolverine get to go toe-to-toe; warrior's madness vs berserker mode, everyone back up and let them have at it. That battle would rage on forever since they both have regen capabilities, I might give a slight edge to Thor based on his abilities, but Logan has fought some of the of the world's fiercest heroes and villains. I wonder if Wolverine is actually teamed up with the X-Men or Avengers (he has been affiliated with both units).

Based on the these units above: I would think about giving the edge to the Avengers since Jean Grey isn't pictured. Thought the picture depicts 7 vs 6, two of the Avengers (Hawkeye and Black Widow) are just humans are fairly useless against a team of mutants imo. Iron Man may be nullified by Magneto, it's also notable that Mjolnir (Thor's hammer) is made of uru which is Asgardian metal. Not to mention Thor is decked out in all of the finest warrior armor, which is basically prey to the master of magnetism. Once Thor is nullified, the Avengers are pretty much worthless. Cyclops and Captain American are pretty much on par. Black Widow and Hawkeye are dead instantly. White Queen is can manipulate her structure to be hard as a diamond so she could potentially go blow for blow with the Hulk, plus can also use telepathy to control members of the Avengers (but cannot do both at the same time). Finally, Spider-Man is probably the number 2 in the Avengers imo due to his intellect, healing factor and Spider-sense to alert him to danger, too bad that the X-Men still have Storm who controls the elements (and has an affinity for magic which is Thor's weakness btw) and Namor, who I never really liked but he is strong/fast and can fly.

Side note: If you read some of these profiles you'll notice that Logan (Wolverine), Namor and Storm have each been a part of the X-Men and Avengers; and a also partnerships between Spider-Man and Wolverine. As I said before, in the end it'll come down to who is on which team; if Thor is in, Jean Grey out, green vs red Hulk or Colossus with Juggernaut powers... the line ups are limitless.

*There are plenty of wiki links in this post, feel free to study up. Wikipedia may not house the most accurate information on the web but when it comes to fanboys and their comics, false information won't be up long.

**How's that for research Thren? This entire work was research due to the fact that I've never read a comic book in my life, everything I know I learned via video game, word of mouth and Wikipedia.
    just one note
    rogue has to touch their skin to absorb

so even if rogue touched ironman during battle, nothing would happen
    thor would probably throw his hammer at rogue, take it back and fly away
    ironman can also fly away or just blast rogue to pieces
    Anishavie, The Merchant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Iron man beats Rogue (No skin contact)
    Hulk beats Magneto (No metal apparel)
    Can't decide yet.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Oh wow, you Avenger fanboys have coerced me to post again. All you're doing is proving that the Avengers would win if you exploit the X-Men's weaknesses; well I can do that too.

Thor v White Queen/Jean Grey/Xavier (any one will do), Thor has already been mentally enslaved by Moondragon, so before you go and tell he he can throw someone into space or hit them with a hammer and fly away, remember that he is susceptible to mental attacks and the X-Men have 3 team mates who can accomplish this feat. Side note: Cyclops has also been able to disarm Thor with a powerful optic blast, yes I know that no one else can use Mjolnir but getting it out of his hands is a plus.

Phoenix v [Insert any Avenger here], as previously mentioned, the Phoenix is a being of immense power and by the New X-Men saga, Jean Grey has her under complete control. She has been killed and resurrected, able to engulf foes completely in flames (even while in space) and as mentioned can take life force from an enemy and use it to replenish a team mate. Phoenix is a match for Thor so instead of saying how Thor can take out any of the weaker X-Men, try mentioning how he is going to face a foe who is on par with him.

Cyclops v Captain America, pretty evenly matched advanced human versus another or similar ability; however, Cyclops' optic blast has a measured output of 2 gigawatts of power (equivalent to most nuclear power plants) and all Captain America has is a tiny shield to hide behind. Cyclops is a ranged fighter but is very capable in close combat, think about how an avian kites an ursan. I don't see the Cap winning that.

Magneto v Iron Man, that seems like a reasonable battle. Slight edge to Magneto since Tony Stark is encased fully in metal. Iron Man is pretty smart, but most of his weapons are made of metal or energy based which Magneto can control in mid-flight or simply deflect with an electromagnetic field. Also, pay attention to Iron Man's weak spot in his energy core which is made of metal and can be ripped from his chest in a instant. Side note: why would the master of magnetism fight the Hulk?!

There are plenty of other match ups that I would like to see but most here are just trying to argue their point and mentioning a lopsided match. Idk about you, but I hope that there are some epic and evenly matched battles for the most part. Not a simple:
    Magneto: Oh you're not made of metal?!
    Hulk: Hulk SMASH!
    Magneto: *dead*

So here are some battles that would make for a good read, imo:

Rogue v Iron Man, fierce flying action. Rogue has the powers of Ms. Marvel which include flight, super strength and energy absorption. Since Iron Man's weapons are energy based, fairly certain that she can withstand most he can throw at her. Yeah I realize that it requires skin to skin contact to absorb the abilities of the others, but Iron Man has had his armor damaged numerous times leaving more than enough flesh exposed to drain him of his abilities and life force. Not to mention there is a Hulk who is practically naked and a powerhouse if Rogue needs some reserve power.

Nightcrawler v Spider-Man, epic wall climbing, side scrolling battle. Slight edge to Nightcrawler since the guy can teleport into other dimensions, take Spider-Man with him and leave him there. No amount of spider abilities are going to get out of another dimension. Is your spidey sense tingling Peter?

Colossus (with the power of Cyttorak) v Hulk, man muscle flex-athon. Cyttorak is the being that gave Juggernaut his powers. In the Fear Itself saga, Colossus became the avatar of Cyttorak and thus has unlimited mystical abilities. In a battle between Thor and the original Juggernaut, the mystical force field emitted by Cyttorak grants the avatar invulnerability, Thor's hammer absorbed the field momentarily but Thor's blows still weren't enough to defeat Juggernaut.

Finally, why isn't anyone mentioning how worthless Black Widow and Hawkeye are. They are two members of a 7 man team which is a bit over 25%, take those two out with a lightning bolt to the heart via Storm or an adamantium claw to the chest courtesy of Wolverine and suddenly the Avengers are a 5 man team. If anything the math geek in you should be screaming that the X-Men have sheer numbers over the Avengers. At any given time the X-Men have had at least a dozen members while the Avengers usually sit at 10 or less.

I find your defense of the Avengers quite lacking. while I do think the Avengers are a formidable team, the knowledge any supporter here has is weak at best. No mention of Vision? That's probably due to the fact that he didn't appear in the recent movie. Vision is a being much like the Martian Manhunter for all you DC/Smallville fans out there. He is capable of changing his density (from invisible to invulnerable), can control the mass around him (gravity control), enhanced regeneration and flight. Now this guy is pretty sweet and not one of you has mentioned him? Study up my friends.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 05-15-2012 at 08:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

listen to Gluttony he is elite, go Avengers! <3

Name:  Glutt.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  4.6 KB
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Default Avengers vs. X-men

I'm not acomic expert, but think about it. Avengers have Tony Stark/Iron Man who can design and build as many Jericho missiles (something like that) as they want. Then, they have a GOD who can summon lightning almost anywhere he wants. They also have Hawkeye who can do just about everything with a bow. Don't forget about the master at martial arts, Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff. Also they have a master acrobat, tactician, field commander who has a near indestructible shield. ALL THIS IS HAPPENING WHILE THE INCREDIBLE HULK SMASHES AND DESTROYS EVERYTHING!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Captain America can be taken out easily and by Wolverine but he got metal all over him, so that's a treat for Thor. Storm vs Thor? Lmao.. Thor is God of Thunder. One hit kill. Lol

Cyclops and Jean are dead, so I won't count on them. Basically Thor can kill lot of X Men as most of them are metal based. Rest can be killed by a single beckon and stomp (lmao) from Hulk. Iron Man is better off as playboy, Rogue can suck his powers. So only legit threat is Rogue if she can't sit on Hulk and Thor. Kitty? Nah, S.H.I.E.L.D can use something like they used to trap Loki. NightCrawler can be killed by just one quick peep at Black Widow's butt. Enough Said.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

X-Men !

Even though I personally prefer Avengers, Deadpool has teamed up with X-Men twice ! One time in Cable series and once in DP Volume 3.

Btw, Deadpool was able to defeat X-Men all by himself .

GOGO TEAM DEADPOOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rinzler View Post
    Ah that's a tough one.. but I have to go with Xmen... How can someone stop Magneto?!
    Hold on
    X-men are the protagonists of the mutant story
    Magneto is the bad guy,how can he be in x-men
    Anishavie, The Merchant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Oh wow, you Avenger fanboys have coerced me to post again. All you're doing is proving that the Avengers would win if you exploit the X-Men's weaknesses; well I can do that too.

Thor v White Queen/Jean Grey/Xavier (any one will do), Thor has already been mentally enslaved by Moondragon, so before you go and tell he he can throw someone into space or hit them with a hammer and fly away, remember that he is susceptible to mental attacks and the X-Men have 3 team mates who can accomplish this feat. Side note: Cyclops has also been able to disarm Thor with a powerful optic blast, yes I know that no one else can use Mjolnir but getting it out of his hands is a plus.

Phoenix v [Insert any Avenger here], as previously mentioned, the Phoenix is a being of immense power and by the New X-Men saga, Jean Grey has her under complete control. She has been killed and resurrected, able to engulf foes completely in flames (even while in space) and as mentioned can take life force from an enemy and use it to replenish a team mate. Phoenix is a match for Thor so instead of saying how Thor can take out any of the weaker X-Men, try mentioning how he is going to face a foe who is on par with him.

Cyclops v Captain America, pretty evenly matched advanced human versus another or similar ability; however, Cyclops' optic blast has a measured output of 2 gigawatts of power (equivalent to most nuclear power plants) and all Captain America has is a tiny shield to hide behind. Cyclops is a ranged fighter but is very capable in close combat, think about how an avian kites an ursan. I don't see the Cap winning that.

Magneto v Iron Man, that seems like a reasonable battle. Slight edge to Magneto since Tony Stark is encased fully in metal. Iron Man is pretty smart, but most of his weapons are made of metal or energy based which Magneto can control in mid-flight or simply deflect with an electromagnetic field. Also, pay attention to Iron Man's weak spot in his energy core which is made of metal and can be ripped from his chest in a instant. Side note: why would the master of magnetism fight the Hulk?!

There are plenty of other match ups that I would like to see but most here are just trying to argue their point and mentioning a lopsided match. Idk about you, but I hope that there are some epic and evenly matched battles for the most part. Not a simple:
    Magneto: Oh you're not made of metal?!
    Hulk: Hulk SMASH!
    Magneto: *dead*

So here are some battles that would make for a good read, imo:

Rogue v Iron Man, fierce flying action. Rogue has the powers of Ms. Marvel which include flight, super strength and energy absorption. Since Iron Man's weapons are energy based, fairly certain that she can withstand most he can throw at her. Yeah I realize that it requires skin to skin contact to absorb the abilities of the others, but Iron Man has had his armor damaged numerous times leaving more than enough flesh exposed to drain him of his abilities and life force. Not to mention there is a Hulk who is practically naked and a powerhouse if Rogue needs some reserve power.

Nightcrawler v Spider-Man, epic wall climbing, side scrolling battle. Slight edge to Nightcrawler since the guy can teleport into other dimensions, take Spider-Man with him and leave him there. No amount of spider abilities are going to get out of another dimension. Is your spidey sense tingling Peter?

Colossus (with the power of Cyttorak) v Hulk, man muscle flex-athon. Cyttorak is the being that gave Juggernaut his powers. In the Fear Itself saga, Colossus became the avatar of Cyttorak and thus has unlimited mystical abilities. In a battle between Thor and the original Juggernaut, the mystical force field emitted by Cyttorak grants the avatar invulnerability, Thor's hammer absorbed the field momentarily but Thor's blows still weren't enough to defeat Juggernaut.

Finally, why isn't anyone mentioning how worthless Black Widow and Hawkeye are. They are two members of a 7 man team which is a bit over 25%, take those two out with a lightning bolt to the heart via Storm or an adamantium claw to the chest courtesy of Wolverine and suddenly the Avengers are a 5 man team. If anything the math geek in you should be screaming that the X-Men have sheer numbers over the Avengers. At any given time the X-Men have had at least a dozen members while the Avengers usually sit at 10 or less.

I find your defense of the Avengers quite lacking. while I do think the Avengers are a formidable team, the knowledge any supporter here has is weak at best. No mention of Vision? That's probably due to the fact that he didn't appear in the recent movie. Vision is a being much like the Martian Manhunter for all you DC/Smallville fans out there. He is capable of changing his density (from invisible to invulnerable), can control the mass around him (gravity control), enhanced regeneration and flight. Now this guy is pretty sweet and not one of you has mentioned him? Study up my friends.
    Just another note
    Hulk's skin can resist lasers and great amounts of radiation
    Maybe, just maybe he can resist rogue

Captain America's shield is vibranium which is also indestructible similar to admantium
    So if wolverine attacked cap then It would be a spear that can destroy anything vs a shield that can't be destroyed

I don't really know bout spiderman vs night crawler but night crawler can only teleport places he can see

If hawk eye hides then he might have a chance of sniping out cyclops because cyclops is all offense
    His suit is a decor so a regular arrow would wound him. He would be dead if he was shot with an exploding arrow
    Anishavie, The Merchant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anishavie View Post
    Just another note
    Hulk's skin can resist lasers and great amounts of radiation
    Maybe, just maybe he can resist rogue

Captain America's shield is vibranium which is also indestructible similar to admantium
    So if wolverine attacked cap then It would be a spear that can destroy anything vs a shield that can't be destroyed

I don't really know bout spiderman vs night crawler but night crawler can only teleport places he can see

If hawk eye hides then he might have a chance of sniping out cyclops because cyclops is all offense
    His suit is a decor so a regular arrow would wound him. He would be dead if he was shot with an exploding arrow
    Hulk vs rogue: If you play D&D, think of Rogue's power as a touch attack. She doesn't have to penetrate your inner core, she just has to make contact with your skin.

C. America vs Wolverine: Does Captain America's shield have a taunt that forces wolverine to always hit the shield? Or could wolverine maybe... juke around the shield and stab em?

Spider vs Nightcrawler: No clue there.

Hawkeye vs cyclops: If cyclops hides then he might have a chance of blasting out hawkeye, because hawkeye is all offense. He has no laser defense, so a huge red laser would wound him. He would be dead if he was blasted by a huge red laser.

^^

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

McHammer wins because you can't touch this!