27 Posts

Lol luv the vid lowl

Thanks for the sig JeffSorrows!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Oh wow, you Avenger fanboys have coerced me to post again. All you're doing is proving that the Avengers would win if you exploit the X-Men's weaknesses; well I can do that too.

Thor v White Queen/Jean Grey/Xavier (any one will do), Thor has already been mentally enslaved by Moondragon, so before you go and tell he he can throw someone into space or hit them with a hammer and fly away, remember that he is susceptible to mental attacks and the X-Men have 3 team mates who can accomplish this feat. Side note: Cyclops has also been able to disarm Thor with a powerful optic blast, yes I know that no one else can use Mjolnir but getting it out of his hands is a plus.

Phoenix v [Insert any Avenger here], as previously mentioned, the Phoenix is a being of immense power and by the New X-Men saga, Jean Grey has her under complete control. She has been killed and resurrected, able to engulf foes completely in flames (even while in space) and as mentioned can take life force from an enemy and use it to replenish a team mate. Phoenix is a match for Thor so instead of saying how Thor can take out any of the weaker X-Men, try mentioning how he is going to face a foe who is on par with him.

Cyclops v Captain America, pretty evenly matched advanced human versus another or similar ability; however, Cyclops' optic blast has a measured output of 2 gigawatts of power (equivalent to most nuclear power plants) and all Captain America has is a tiny shield to hide behind. Cyclops is a ranged fighter but is very capable in close combat, think about how an avian kites an ursan. I don't see the Cap winning that.

Magneto v Iron Man, that seems like a reasonable battle. Slight edge to Magneto since Tony Stark is encased fully in metal. Iron Man is pretty smart, but most of his weapons are made of metal or energy based which Magneto can control in mid-flight or simply deflect with an electromagnetic field. Also, pay attention to Iron Man's weak spot in his energy core which is made of metal and can be ripped from his chest in a instant. Side note: why would the master of magnetism fight the Hulk?!

There are plenty of other match ups that I would like to see but most here are just trying to argue their point and mentioning a lopsided match. Idk about you, but I hope that there are some epic and evenly matched battles for the most part. Not a simple:
    Magneto: Oh you're not made of metal?!
    Hulk: Hulk SMASH!
    Magneto: *dead*

So here are some battles that would make for a good read, imo:

Rogue v Iron Man, fierce flying action. Rogue has the powers of Ms. Marvel which include flight, super strength and energy absorption. Since Iron Man's weapons are energy based, fairly certain that she can withstand most he can throw at her. Yeah I realize that it requires skin to skin contact to absorb the abilities of the others, but Iron Man has had his armor damaged numerous times leaving more than enough flesh exposed to drain him of his abilities and life force. Not to mention there is a Hulk who is practically naked and a powerhouse if Rogue needs some reserve power.

Nightcrawler v Spider-Man, epic wall climbing, side scrolling battle. Slight edge to Nightcrawler since the guy can teleport into other dimensions, take Spider-Man with him and leave him there. No amount of spider abilities are going to get out of another dimension. Is your spidey sense tingling Peter?

Colossus (with the power of Cyttorak) v Hulk, man muscle flex-athon. Cyttorak is the being that gave Juggernaut his powers. In the Fear Itself saga, Colossus became the avatar of Cyttorak and thus has unlimited mystical abilities. In a battle between Thor and the original Juggernaut, the mystical force field emitted by Cyttorak grants the avatar invulnerability, Thor's hammer absorbed the field momentarily but Thor's blows still weren't enough to defeat Juggernaut.

Finally, why isn't anyone mentioning how worthless Black Widow and Hawkeye are. They are two members of a 7 man team which is a bit over 25%, take those two out with a lightning bolt to the heart via Storm or an adamantium claw to the chest courtesy of Wolverine and suddenly the Avengers are a 5 man team. If anything the math geek in you should be screaming that the X-Men have sheer numbers over the Avengers. At any given time the X-Men have had at least a dozen members while the Avengers usually sit at 10 or less.

I find your defense of the Avengers quite lacking. while I do think the Avengers are a formidable team, the knowledge any supporter here has is weak at best. No mention of Vision? That's probably due to the fact that he didn't appear in the recent movie. Vision is a being much like the Martian Manhunter for all you DC/Smallville fans out there. He is capable of changing his density (from invisible to invulnerable), can control the mass around him (gravity control), enhanced regeneration and flight. Now this guy is pretty sweet and not one of you has mentioned him? Study up my friends.
    WOW! Awesome post! I'm leaning towards Xmen now!
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony
    There are plenty of other match ups that I would like to see but most here are just trying to argue their point and mentioning a lopsided match. Idk about you, but I hope that there are some epic and evenly matched battles for the most part. Not a simple:
    Magneto: Oh you're not made of metal?!
    Hulk: Hulk SMASH!
    Magneto: *dead*
    The guy asked for it, and here it is (New Avengers - An Army of One):

The only way Hulk has ever been stopped by any of these guys is by tranquilizers or anything to that effect. That isn't exactly beating him.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder
    And plus, ultimate colossus is way stronger than Thor.
    If one is on their prime form, the other should equally be. Odin-force Thor would literally hammer any Colossus. We should also bring in World-War Hulk.

EDIT: Oooh, and do I need to bring up what World-War Hulk did to the X-Men?
    Last edited by DexGOD; 05-15-2012 at 09:07 PM.
    | PL: Odin | ECLIPSE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DexGOD View Post
    RESPONSE VIDEO:

A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStar View Post
    RESPONSE VIDEO:

Yes, the Avengers never really got along too well. Neither did all the X-men. Either way, my point is Hulk (who is an Avenger) can, and already evidently has, beat them all.

Lol. Regardless to what he does to his own side, he is still an Avenger, and if he wins, I would assume the Avengers win.
    Last edited by DexGOD; 05-16-2012 at 05:38 AM.
    | PL: Odin | ECLIPSE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

The guy asked for it, and here it is (New Avengers - An Army of One):

The only way Hulk has ever been stopped by any of these guys is by tranquilizers or anything to that effect. That isn't exactly beating him.

If one is on their prime form, the other should equally be. Odin-force Thor would literally hammer any Colossus. We should also bring in World-War Hulk.

EDIT: Oooh, and do I need to bring up what World-War Hulk did to the X-Men?
    Well now, that's just too OP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Lolol scene from The Other Guys came on my tv like literally right after I watched your video.
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|