Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tie breaker for APs-based lbs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Default Tie breaker for APs-based lbs

Top players lb has more than 100 chars in "top25" places already. I havent played my normal char in about a year. Yet, I still stay on lb for doing absolutely nothing. I suggest a tie breaker for the upcoming expansion and level cap raise by introducing expansion kills to the counter in Kraag. The players with most kills in the current expansion stay on top of normal lb (if equal aps). Seasonal chars break ties if they have killed more mobs in the season they created the char.
    Those cant be botted and the lb displays the actual top25 (in terms of playtime, I guess) rather than everybody who did all aps. I'd like to make those lbs a bit more competitive again and I don't think sts comes up with enough new aps for 81.
    Last edited by QuaseT; 06-14-2021 at 07:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Yep definitely a very good idea. I also suggested adding some ultra hard aps for the expansion . But you idea along with the ectra hard aps would just make it perfect and balanced since kills made after the expansion would count.
    +1

Sent from my Redmi 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

+1

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Normal: Champist
    Hardcore: Caption

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Definitely. Everyone in the Top lb are currently twiddling their thumbs for this whole season with nothing else to do.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

It does not matter if there are 20 or 1500 top achievers, top achiever badge lost its rarity long time ago. Flags aps should not be removed, that is my opinion. From that action you can see, they don't care for players, who spent days playing their game to get them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marosok View Post
    It does not matter if there are 20 or 1500 top achievers, top achiever badge lost its rarity long time ago. Flags aps should not be removed, that is my opinion. From that action you can see, they don't care for players, who spent days playing their game to get them.
    I agree that it lost rarity but I dont see a reason why it cant be gained back. I'd like to see 25 legit players on it. 25 who actually display the 25 players who work most for their aps or on the expansion. In that case I'd definitely say it is a nice lb.
    Besides that being said 10k ctf flags were not a very honored aps. Makes much more sense to me to have the ones who grind endgame maps most on top players lb.
    Last edited by QuaseT; 06-13-2021 at 06:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

-1 I can't agree. Everybody who is there deserves it to be there. Its overall lb of all aps and not anything else. Its sure over the time more and more player will meet up there. Means we need harder aps and more new expansions with aps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

+1 to add challenge to that lb, whether it be pve kills gained during that season or something else

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

And try to add less APs that can be bought with gold/plat maybe?

Pets, house slots, locations... all useless. Paying for those doesn't make anyone a better player, even less a Top player.
    Retired

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arcanefid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

-1 Even though it might be challenging for botters but it does nothing to prevent those who rely on account sharing to secure leaderboards. A big no from my end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If a someone did all the aps in a season but only did 100k pve they don't deserve to be top player?
    and remove the gold based aps, imagine spending over 80m to get 300 house slot that you will not even use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Yeah that's a -1 from me too

I don't want to see people with botted 2-3m pve 1 season after they get maxed aps in a month as a tie breaker.
    Especially that suggesting the " expansion kills to the counter in Kraag" would mean only tirelessly grinding the new maps that straight away might become repetitive same way like grinding EVG for gold. (1k bosses each was really enough)
    Also I agree with no more gold based aps - I don't see the logic in being a top player because you have 400 house slots in your tavern? Proves literally nothing.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

-1 to the flag part, tbh ctf map is for pvp, I dont see why pve players has to keep running it whole day flagging one end to another because thats not the purpose of that map.

IGN : Tjnder | < Entity > Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azel View Post
    -1 to the flag part, tbh ctf map is for pvp, I dont see why pve players has to keep running it whole day flagging one end to another because thats not the purpose of that map.
    And in addition before you just needed 2 players for doing flag aps. Now you need 10 to open map. if its returning its gonna be botted a lot ...

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    Top players lb have more than 100 chars in "top25" places already. I havent played my normal char in about a year. Yet, I still stay on lb for doing absolutely nothing. I suggest a tie breaker for the upcoming expansion and level cap raise by introducing expansion kills to the counter in Kraag. The players with most kills in the current expansion stay on top of normal lb (if equal aps). Seasonal chars break ties if they have killed more mobs in the season they created the char.
    Those cant be botted and the lb displays the actual top25 (in terms of playtime, I guess) rather than everybody who did all aps. I'd like to make those lbs a bit more competitive again and I don't think sts comes up with enough new aps for 81.
    recall someone chat me regardin expansion of lb categories! Ϟ

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    I agree that it lost rarity but I dont see a reason why it cant be gained back. I'd like to see 25 legit players on it. 25 who actually display the 25 players who work most for their aps or on the expansion. In that case I'd definitely say it is a nice lb.
    Besides that being said 10k ctf flags were not a very honored aps. Makes much more sense to me to have the ones who grind endgame maps most on top players lb.
    I've suggested something to one of developers, we would have to grind a lot and that aps could not be bought. Will they implement it? I hope so...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    Yeah that's a -1 from me too

I don't want to see people with botted 2-3m pve 1 season after they get maxed aps in a month as a tie breaker.
    Especially that suggesting the " expansion kills to the counter in Kraag" would mean only tirelessly grinding the new maps that straight away might become repetitive same way like grinding EVG for gold. (1k bosses each was really enough)
    Also I agree with no more gold based aps - I don't see the logic in being a top player because you have 400 house slots in your tavern? Proves literally nothing.
    You didnt understand what he tried to say, he said that tie breaker was only pve kills in New map, New map Will be hard and Will not be able to be botted. Hauntled kills would not count

Poslano sa mog VOG-L29 koristeći Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

The only reason this lb was broken was because of the delayed expansion, combined with a string of boring events which resulted in lots of spare time for many players to shift their focus entirely towards completing aps. Besides, some of those aps make no sense at all. CTF flag aps were removed owing to its "illegitimacy" from what Cinco said, yet there are aps for PvP kills in a game where PvP is dead (except honor but kills from honor don't count towards PvP record). So, ctf flags is illegitimate for making use of a broken mechanic to open maps, but literally dummy farming to get 10k kills for a stupid ap is entirely legitimate? Who is to blame? The players? It's almost like the devs are sleeping on their own hypocrisy.
    Selling PvP kills for aps has become normalised now, with people literally shouting "Sell kills x-amount for each kill" in towns.

As for making aps harder, regardless of how hard the aps get, every top player is eventually going to make it. I mean, seasonals are able to complete every single ap in the game within 2months, how hard can they make forthcoming aps that it will break the tie and shrink the size of the lb down to 25 per class? Definitely not possible. My honest opinion is, top players lb is far beyond repair and has lost all its credibility. This is entirely the fault of the game's developers.
    Only alternative I see is releasing new set of heavily grindy PVE aps every season for an entire expansion, which is obviously not going to happen.
    Last edited by Roycedamagnet; 06-13-2021 at 10:56 AM.
    We've been sittin' here, you and I, like a couple of regular fellas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Thanks for all comments. Just to clarify.
    The counter only applies to new level 81 expansion maps and will start at 0 when it gets released. Those maps will be too difficult to run with a bot.
    Shared accounts should be banned one way or another. They will have a simular advantage in all areas when it comes to grinding. No matter if a tie breaker exists or not they have an unfair advantage compared to legit players. If sts decides to release new aps they will be the first ones to complete them, say the first on lb.
    And yes I believe the ones who endlessly grind expansion maps over and over deserve the top spot on lb XD I dont see why someone who played less should get it. I can see that many rather have a lb spot without continous farming. Its much easier and does make it possible for weaker or more inactive players to stay on lb. Tho I harshly stick to the point that the lb is for the actual top25 and hard to obtain.
    Last edited by QuaseT; 06-13-2021 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Typos

22. The Following User Says Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Gentlemen gentlemen, let’s relax for a moment and look at this logically.

Op has a good point that top player leaderboards look meh with 50 people all ranked 1

However that’s not to say none of them deserve it.

People can blitz a lot of APs on HC, that’s becoming easier and happening more because you have hc chars that did the work and got the gears etc and are now mostly helping others do the same so it’s made it easier esp as bigger guilds are having focus on it so it isn’t just a handful of players doing it dotted around guilds.

More people playing HC more help that is around for it and more people get their aps done a lot easier.

It’s possible to get to lvl 71 on hc in a day with friends around.

Does that mean it’s a bad thing ? Well no not really.

Best solution that would keep both camps in this debate happy would be...

A additional overall leaderboard.

How this would work is a leaderboard just for max ap achievers be created for all the number 1 players which would ensure they still get banners they worked hard to achieve but also it would keep them off the overall leaderboard so the rest of the players who haven’t quite hit max aps can be listed on leaderboard between 2-50 as well.

Once a player hits the max aps they can go over to the number 1s leaderboard and could even have it so you can see out of all the top players then you have a mini leaderboard between themselves as who who get to be higher up on the list of number 1 players.

This way you still get to see plenty of other players on leaderboards who are still working to gain their max aps on a overall lb like you used to be able too between the ranks of 2-50 and anyone with max aps are on a separate overall lb for just ranked 1 players.

Of course things like expansion with new maps and making it more difficult to attain aps will be great but wouldn’t want to push for a faster expansion at the cost of something incomplete or flawed being put out.

No point getting rid of the “pointless” aps which can be done with gold now as would cause way too many issues and drama but would be an idea to stop having such meaningless aps which are isnt really a challenge when all you need to do is pull out a credit card.

So the break down...

Separate lb for rank1 players to free up space for overall lb for everyone else.

Have more difficult to obtain APs going forward esp for when expansion drops

Less gold related aps that can be obtained by simply buying with gold or plats

If there is a more rational and logical solution that would keep both sides of the debate happy then please give it thought and share...

Otherwise your all welcome ^.^

1<3
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post: