Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nerf mephisto in pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    I will briefly chime in here my two cents. Over the years, what I've learned is there always has been some disparity between ultra equipped players who can afford OP gears and pets and those who have basic gears. That gap was still somewhat close. I recently learned that legendary sets, mythic sets, endless and tainted sets don't even come close to arcane proc proc on 71 gears, and then swap to a 76/ different weapon set to tripple/quad stack procs to one shot kill bosses and mobs. If you can't stack a lot of things, I don't see why that's allowed to stack like that by design. It seems to have taken care of just about all the damage required in the game if you're rich, but to survive PVP and waves maps now requires this special magic black cat.

It's almost as if without this cat, you're surely going to lose the fight in pvp or in pve waves which is quite the disadvantage for people who don't own one or can't afford one. Way back when, with the right skills you could still with pink gears and well planned out pet combos accomplish things. I would like to see the gap between reg players and ultra wealthy players to come back a little closer starting with looking at this cat's AA. Was a one time event pet really supposed to change the course of the way the games played? If it's really meant to function as it currently is, maybe have a legendary cat that can offer somewhat of the same ability? You can't have an end all game changing 100m golden cat that gives others no chance as OP stated.
    Thanks for being constructive and professional instead of talking like a caveman like some other individuals. I agree with what you said, the pet is just so broken in pvp modes and theres no way to counter it, you click a button and turn into clark kent. Abilities like glow can be countered by say a tank heal and it gives the 100% damage reduction for just like 2 seconds. If you use it a second late you’ll get hit hard and if you use it too early it isn’t as effective. Meph on the other hand provides 6 seconds of damage reduction making a player basically immortal and even gives a huge damage buff. The pet is just over powered and I’d say anyone who actually pvps can agree it needs a nerf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wap View Post
    I really don’t understand why you want to involve yourself in this conversation as you clearly don’t pvp, but I’ll just explain it to you. I’m speaking about this ability in terms of clashes and 2v2s at the lvl 61 zone, and I’m sure many other zones would agree as well. It is so broken because it allows a rogue to literally tank 3-5 combos from the other rogue and then one shot them. A rogue on meph will be able to 1v2 a tank and a rogue that has heal bubble as well as nekro. No one has mentioned anything about a warrior being able to use the ability or not lol, I’m literally looking at this from a rogue point of view because thats the class I’m playing at 61 so I have no idea why you’re invested in some weird narrative of a warrior complaining about rogues. Maybe if you could use your head and actually read instead of butting into a conversation you know nothing about and acting like a primitive caveman.

Who cares about your 61, bracket for merchants and scammers, its not even pvp. But anyways, your 1v2 rogue vs rogue+tank, whats problem to get 2 mephisto for that tank+rogue team? it doesnt even have cd on using (like nekro/glow have), can use next mephisto immideately when previous buff gone. Why do you ever use nekro instead mephisto as tank and telling how mephisto op? theres 3 ways: 1) can't afford mephisto? cant afford - go honor 2) Nekro still gives some advantage? if yes - use it and dont cry so much, you looking pathetic 3) you are used to old pets and cant handle new ones? while normal players will adapt for mephisto ability...
    Why did u ever mentioned heal bubble? does mephisto aa break it? NO. Try use your head just sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by Wap View Post
    ... it needs a nerf
    Try nerf your crying and learn something new, you suck...
    Last edited by sellbuy; 06-15-2021 at 03:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sellbuy View Post
    Who cares about your 61, bracket for merchants and scammers, its not even pvp. But anyways, your 1v2 rogue vs rogue+tank, whats problem to get 2 mephisto for that tank+rogue team? it doesnt even have cd on using (like nekro/glow have), can use next mephisto immideately when previous buff gone. Why do you ever use nekro instead mephisto as tank and telling how mephisto op? theres 3 ways: 1) can't afford mephisto? cant afford - go honor 2) Nekro still gives some advantage? if yes - use it and dont cry so much, you looking pathetic 3) you are used to old pets and cant handle new ones? while normal players will adapt for mephisto ability...
    Why did u ever mentioned heal bubble? does mephisto aa break it? NO. Try use your head just sometimes...
    Did you even read my message? Matter fact did you even read your own? You know you can read through your message and use your brain to think before you hit the send button. My point still stands lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Used it, seen it and clash with it many times in pvp 76 endgame. Never heared any problems on both sides. my 2 cents...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

That’s the thing, you’ve used it in 76 pvp. So you don’t know how broken it is in other zones. I’m level 61 and when I used full arc set I reach 8.5k dmg with 2k dex with meph buff. Now there’s no way in hell that’s normal for 61...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pulaxgang For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pulaxgang View Post
    That’s the thing, you’ve used it in 76 pvp. So you don’t know how broken it is in other zones. I’m level 61 and when I used full arc set I reach 8.5k dmg with 2k dex with meph buff. Now there’s no way in hell that’s normal for 61...
    I think the moot on meph is the damage reduction, the damage buff is not much because guen gives way more. Is guenivere subject to be nerfed too? just asking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Lets talk numbers, to really grasp why rogs are surviving like what the OP had stated.

Max armor with Meph + 25% SDR (Stacking Damage Reduction HB) - Your damage reduction is increased to an immense 95% for 6s, not to mention Mephisto's ~50% damage and rapid cooldown of 20s.

It is essentially an enchanced glowstick that you don't have to time.

Now, If you think that sustaining 95% damage inflicted from all sources for a prolonged 6second time is balanced, then no wonder why pvp had regressed over the times.

Now, I can argue that this pet needs a nerf in PvE as well, why? Because 100% damage reduction for 6s can be achieved by the additional use of either Baby Blizz AA or lv76 arcane belt proc.

I can already visualize how stupidly long the temple event runs would go for.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 06-15-2021 at 05:24 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gilsooon View Post
    I think the moot on meph is the damage reduction, the damage buff is not much because guen gives way more. Is guenivere subject to be nerfed too? just asking.
    Meph has better damage then Guen.. just use it in combo with %dmg (stacking) hb bonus and you can see yourself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swoutttt View Post
    Meph has better damage then Guen.. just use it in combo with %dmg (stacking) hb bonus and you can see yourself.
    Yes I see myself, tried it both ofc guen and meph. Why would I see myself anyway.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Mephisto is not broken, it’s meant for endgame pvp not Twink… So if you can’t play regular pvp play honor instead. Or make a group of friends and secretly play Hardcore pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pulaxgang View Post
    Why should they care for your long dead bracket anyway? If you can't tell already, STS have been encouraging everyone to go endgame, hence the honor PvP.

Majority of people I know who use this pet seems contented and is happy as to what it is now, so tell me why would STS ruin this pet for the sake of minority? by that I mean 10-20 players tops maybe less

As for someone asking for a PvE nerf, why is this even needed? Isn't this a good thing? You can survive higher waves in EVG, more competitive temple events and etc. The thing with Mephisto is that the ability of being invincible is offered to all classes, not just tanks so I don't really understand the need for this.
    amare et sapere vix deo conceditur

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

^^ nerf mephisto B)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

I learned to adjust to meph at 76. It's an advantage but not an insurmountable one. Still takes some skill to kill even if you have meph. A little timing and teamwork can neutralize it on offense at least. Encryptions is correct, just nekro isn't enough to avoid a 1 hit. Glow either if not in first 2 seconds. Meph and arc love make an impressive shield so defensively it's op. If both sides have meph it's not a big deal. At least at end game. Idk about twinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aldous View Post
    Why should they care for your long dead bracket anyway? If you can't tell already, STS have been encouraging everyone to go endgame, hence the honor PvP.

Majority of people I know who use this pet seems contented and is happy as to what it is now, so tell me why would STS ruin this pet for the sake of minority? by that I mean 10-20 players tops maybe less

As for someone asking for a PvE nerf, why is this even needed? Isn't this a good thing? You can survive higher waves in EVG, more competitive temple events and etc. The thing with Mephisto is that the ability of being invincible is offered to all classes, not just tanks so I don't really understand the need for this.
    More competitive doesn’t equal long runs. I had a window of 5s with glow to clear what I could and run last temple event, and the whole map was almost clear??? This time, u have a window of 9s, who can’t clear a map in 9s? What part of this isn’t broken? Do u really want runs to last hours that usually last 45mins? 100% damage reduction shouldn’t even be a thing. Just my opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

And to add to that, warriors already have an invincibility ult. Just cycle ult and meph and you’re going to run endlessly while the mage/rogues stand below to get carried. Whoever makes a mistake wins!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aldous View Post

Just because people are happy doesn’t mean the pet isn’t broken. Shouldn’t a goal be to keep a game balanced?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    Lets talk numbers, to really grasp why rogs are surviving like what the OP had stated.

Max armor with Meph + 25% SDR (Stacking Damage Reduction HB) - Your damage reduction is increased to an immense 95% for 6s, not to mention Mephisto's ~50% damage and rapid cooldown of 20s.

It is essentially an enchanced glowstick that you don't have to time.

Now, If you think that sustaining 95% damage inflicted from all sources for a prolonged 6second time is balanced, then no wonder why pvp had regressed over the times.

Now, I can argue that this pet needs a nerf in PvE as well, why? Because 100% damage reduction for 6s can be achieved by the additional use of either Baby Blizz AA or lv76 arcane belt proc.

I can already visualize how stupidly long the temple event runs would go for.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Exactly!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Cryyyyyy

11char

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Anyone saying "cry" is either ignorant or too dumb to even be considered ignorant. Any pets that allow you to 1 combo a tank in PVP, especially with such a short cooldown, seem in need of a rework for me. And anyone who's gonna reply to me and tells me to go honor, I've already tried honor . To be fair, if meph only granted the insane damage buff that it gives, it would be bearable and allow for counterplay, but it also grants insane damage reduction which makes you a literal immortal for the duration of your aa against players who do not have the meph aa buff.

I'm a firm believer that pets and gear should be aides to someone's skill in PVP, not the other way around. With the way meph and 76 arc weapons(a whole nother issue) work, the whole game is reliant on arcane abilities and procs. 61 is one of the few brackets where procs didn't use to matter at all, but meph has made it just as bad as the others.

FYI: A rog with meph aa is able to 2v1 both an enemy tank and enemy rog quite easily. Doesn't that seem like meph aa overrides everything else that matters? Gameplay basically revolves around having your aa up, and as any 61 rogue player can attest to, 1v1's at 61, which used to be largely skill-based, are now hide and seek games where an enemy rogue is basically just waiting for their meph aa before even attempting to fight. This might not be an issue if meph aa wasn't so short! There's very little counterplay and it's harmful to the game.

-promise
    Last edited by CouchPass; 06-15-2021 at 05:35 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to CouchPass For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CouchPass View Post
    Anyone saying "cry" is either ignorant or too dumb to even be considered ignorant. Any pets that allow you to 1 combo a tank in PVP, especially with such a short cooldown, seem in need of a rework for me. And anyone who's gonna reply to me and tells me to go honor, I've already tried honor . To be fair, if meph only granted the insane damage buff that it gives, it would be bearable and allow for counterplay, but it also grants insane damage reduction which makes you a literal immortal for the duration of your aa against players who do not have the meph aa buff.

I'm a firm believer that pets and gear should be aides to someone's skill in PVP, not the other way around. With the way meph and 76 arc weapons(a whole nother issue) work, the whole game is reliant on arcane abilities and procs. 61 is one of the few brackets where procs didn't use to matter at all, but meph has made it just as bad as the others.

FYI: A rog with meph aa is able to 2v1 both an enemy tank and enemy rog quite easily. Doesn't that seem like meph aa overrides everything else that matters? Gameplay basically revolves around having your aa up, and as any 61 rogue player can attest to, 1v1's at 61, which used to be largely skill-based, are now hide and seek games where an enemy rogue is basically just waiting for their meph aa before even attempting to fight. This might not be an issue if meph aa wasn't so short! There's very little counterplay and it's harmful to the game.

-promise
    Agreed, you can somewhat counter the damage buff it provides with glow and heals etc but it also provides 6 seconds of insane damage reduction as well, theres no way of countering it besides using it yourself. Doesn’t that sound a bit broken?