Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A Proposal to Nerf Meph AA (PVE)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default A Proposal to Nerf Meph AA (PVE)

Please hear me out:
    This thread is about nerfing mephisto’s Arcane Ability in PVE. I do not do PVP so I don’t know if meph needs to be changed there as well.

For those unaware of meph AA, it gives 50% Stacking Damage Reduction (SDR); it is currently the most powerful defensive pet in game. When it was first released, meph AA was good but not overpowered, most people preferred Glowstik AA over it. The issue came when pets with % SDR were introduced into the game (Arcanite Precious, Arcanite Loveling, Legendary and Heroic Bevo, etc.). Currently, most pve players (myself included) who want to focus on defense have meph slotted in AA and an Arcanite Precious or Arcanite Loveling (both give 25% SDR) in Happiness Bonus. This combination gives me a 75% SDR; if I open a 25% Damage Reduction Elixir, I have a total of 81.25% Damage Reduction. 81.25% Damage Reduction for 6s is a lot, other defensive pets pale in comparison. Warrior and Sorcerer classes get the most benefit: Warriors with Jugg active will receive a total of 91.25% DR, while a mage with shield will receive 88.75%DR. These percentages doesn’t even take armor into account!

The problem gets worse with the release of Baby Blizzerax, BB’s AA includes a 25% SDR for 7s. This means that if I have the previously mentioned pet combo, and someone else in my party has the same combo (but with BB AA instead of meph) me and that person can receive 100% SDR for 6s. In fact, the whole party can receive the benefits as long as they have Arc Percious or Arc Loveling as a happiness bonus. This is overpowered because it completely negates all attacks done to me and my party for 6s. Now, 6s might not be a lot, but factor in a Warrior’s heal shield (which gives invincibility for 3s) or a mage shield (invincibility for 2s), a party can have invincibility for 9s (11s for the mages if they time their skill correctly). 6-9s of invincibility is more than enough time to proc all the weapons/armors and clear all the mobs in a wave or eliminate a dangerous target. For context, a single warrior can clear all the mobs in evg in about 6-7s…now imagine if he had help from other classes. This has been tried before and it is extremely op; evg waves are cleared in 15-18s, but because boss dies too fast, it is not ideal for gold farming.

This a problem that will extend into other aspects of PVE. This strategy can be used in future expansions (which could take the challenge and fun out of it), or future events that are supposed to be challenging. The Devs can make the expansion mobs do crazy damage but that will not do anything if the party has invincibility for 9s. Right now, it is very likely that in the upcoming temple event, those in top 10 Group LB may not be people with the best strategy/skill/gears, but rather people who can play for the longest without a break. Do you really want to participate in an event where you have to run and be attentive for 5+ hours non-stop to get into lb? Temple is possibly the only event where you don’t have to grind non-stop for hours to get in lb; with the right gears and skills, anyone can make it. Not nerfing meph aa would result in the temple event being grindy on an extreme level, which is dreadful.

Evidently, Meph AA is too strong and presents a huge problem in pve. Nerfing Meph AA is a logical solution to this problem. The Devs should not nerf Arcanite Precious or Arcanite Loveling because those pets were bought for the sole purpose of getting the stacking happiness bonus (those features were “advertised” and it is the pet’s main selling point). Nerfing those HBs would be a kick in the face and anger those that spent the 1.7K plat to get the pet. Baby Blizz AA should also not be nerfed because the %SDR that it gives is already low enough, and again the 25% SDR was explicitly said and “advertised”. Nerfing Meph AA is the only solution because its potential was not discovered until these other pets came, Meph AA’s description does not even include the words %SDR so nobody can say that STS tricked players into spending plat to buy Meph AA.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Deathlyreaper For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

Agree on meph being OP +1 I don't know but probably needs lil nerf for the sdr just for pvp and stay same for pve Just my opinion i think every pvp player knows that this pet is overpowered and will come and say "cant afford don't complain" or "just use the pet why complain" anyways waiting for those comments to come

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Advocacies For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Make mephisto as a free pet to coming event i think no ones ganna request to nerf it, or need to make a new pet that can give 50% damage reduse stack. But for me nerf all need to nerf to balance the class need to a change to need each other class like" we need a war to survive" we need a rogue to kill boss fast" and we need a mage to suport the life/mana and damage".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
    Make mephisto as a free pet to coming event i think no ones ganna request to nerf it, or need to make a new pet that can give 50% damage reduse stack. But for me nerf all need to nerf to balance the class need to a change to need each other class like" we need a war to survive" we need a rogue to kill boss fast" and we need a mage to suport the life/mana and damage".
    Probably best choice 🤣 like how they put Heroic fatima for free probably best thing ever happened to pet related in vendors

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

A nerf by making it multiplicative instead of additive would be nice, 100% dmg reduction shouldn’t be a thing. Or even make it 25% dmg reduction non stacking. The only skill with this is not missing meph lol

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kystone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

I've played PvP 76 as a mage all i can say is that this is a game changing pet before i couldn't last longer than 15sec vs rog with 1.8k dex+ later i acquired meph + arc love lol 1.8k dex rog isn't that much rog with 1.8k dex with 6k arm is easy farm , %sdr along side with 68 stats and dmg% is Overpowered AA and because of it's description ppl missed out this pet and didn't even know this pet's existence in pvp/pve I've seen many players asking what was that "meow" sound lol anyways +1 for nerf +1 for not nerf 🤣🤣 as a mage this is probably one of the best AA for us idk that's why im up for both nerf and not nerf at the same time 🤣🤣

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
    As a meph owner, I am asking for its nerf. And I am not the only one. I have talked to other owners/users and they want a nerf too. Everyone else getting a meph doesn’t change that. Asking for another pet that gives 50% SDR makes me think you didn’t read the original post lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I had no idea of Mephisto’s AA as I’m not into endgame, pvp or running maps. By what I’ve read, they do need to nerf this pet. I always wondered why it was so expensive and now I got the answer. Thank you for pointing out this things and explaining the current situation and how it will affect future events/maps.
    +1 for a nerf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

A nerf on Mephisto's AA is very much needed, maybe reduce its SDR to 25%-30% would be enough to balance it out, having the possibility of having 100% immunity for 6 seconds (that alone with pet combo) should never be a thing, it's nowhere close to be balanced.
    Leaving Mephisto as it is just kills the challenge of endgame and makes it an irl problem where if u want to compete for a lb (evg/temple for now) you would need to run nonstop for several hrs, and when I say several it's way more than 5hrs,couple days ago a score of 80m+ was made on evg, how many hours do you think it took the party to reach that score?
    Clearly things are going out of hand.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to flashio For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

+1 nerf mephisto now pls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Just put a cap on damage reduction. Tbh I thought there already was a cap for this. Also everyone mention the dmg reduction, but no one gonna mention the op damage mephisto has? If it gets a nerf, nerf it from both ends.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swoutttt View Post
    Just put a cap on damage reduction. Tbh I thought there already was a cap for this. Also everyone mention the dmg reduction, but no one gonna mention the op damage mephisto has? If it gets a nerf, nerf it from both ends.
    In pve mephisto doesnt give 'op damage' because not stacking type .... (elixir +30% dmg, arcane armor proc +200%dmg)
    I would suggest change mephisto aa:
    - for pve give it 25-30% damage reduce instead 50% (without changing %damage because its not that good)
    - for pvp give it 25-30% damage instead 50% (without changing %damage reduce... dont want go back using glowstik)
    Last edited by -Rogue-; 06-16-2021 at 04:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

It does give op damage.. just dont use the 30%lix since it take of 30%, dmg from the aa. The 25% one works nicely with it. Like this my 8k dmg turns into 13k+ dmg
    Last edited by swoutttt; 06-16-2021 at 04:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

+1 There isn't any challenge anymore if you have this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -Rogue- View Post
    In pve mephisto doesnt give 'op damage' because not stacking type .... (elixir +30% dmg, arcane armor proc +200%dmg)
    I would suggest change mephisto aa:
    - for pve give it 25-30% damage reduce instead 50% (without changing %damage because its not that good)
    - for pvp give it 25-30% damage instead 50% (without changing %damage reduce... dont want go back using glowstik)
    Meph gives more then 50%dmg..also if wanna nerf mephisto dmg in pvp they might aswell nerf gueni aa and make all aa 25-30% max since meph dont have an armor boost

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by swoutttt View Post
    Meph gives more then 50%dmg
    Mephisto gives 50%dmg + 50 str dex int (which makes you think that its more than 50%), idc about gueni but i'm sure its weak for pvp, didn't really see that somebody using it, also gueni type of %dmg is worse than mefisto (gives less real dmg in many situations in pvp), and mephisto gives %dmgreduce instead gueni's armor buff, which is more usefull ofc

Hope devs could come to pvp sometimes to check and test how things are going....
    Last edited by -Rogue-; 06-16-2021 at 05:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

First of all thanks the creator of this post, he so eloquently put all the facts.
    Secondly I totally agree with this even though i myself like to farm in evg but the thing is this not a challenge or a test of skill anymore.
    We have so many other pets who can be used easily so nerfing meph wd only be logical.
    With the temple event coming, i think it ll discourage most players esp when they cant run 5+ hrs. Ppl have busy jobs and stuff and the game shud stay competitive in terms of skills only.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Justbadwolf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

+1

This pet really needs a nerf, is already 90m+ which is already out of hand. It discourages players that don't have mephisto egg durinng e.g. temple event because anyways the party that has mephisto will surely win the lb.

Why buff this old pet anyways, I remember in the past that guenivere = meph + seirian.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Or why not make another pet that closely resembles the aa of meph, kinda like arc precious and arc loveling’s HB’s besides some ppl spend a lot of gold and money just to get ahold of that pet, I get the point about the skill-wise, i'd probably say revise some for the PVP part and leave the PvE alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

I'm just gonna say my opinion from hardcore player side. Some ppl really spent time and lot of plats to get this pet cause of its AA, since can't just buy from cs. For hardcore players mephisto is the most needed pet or else some maps and aps would be almost impossible to accomplish/run. It's a really small account of players if you compare to normal mode community, but since there is this mode, it's a part of same game.

Στάλθηκε από το LDN-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to papas For This Useful Post: