Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A Proposal to Nerf Meph AA (PVE)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kystone View Post
    Can the ppl who do temple get an opinion. Sounds like you’re just ignorant
    OMG, I too have seen the light and now am with you in nerfing mephisto brother. Please spare my small insect brain for I am no better than your average bear.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alghost For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

+1000 for nerf
    I was gonna stay silent but I am just baffled to see those ppl who r not even on a single lb and making comments here like they own this game.(not naming names but we all knw who dont want meph to be nerfed).If you cannot find AL entertaining u in a more balanced environment, go play fruit ninja or doodle jump.
    After reading the post , its so ez to see that this pet and stacking dmg reduc has become too op and needs to be taken down a notch so that players can find some challenges for their skill…otherwise sts can just introduce a simple ult which will killl all enemies on map and this discussion will be ended.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

STS should also clarify some of these pet's passive, happiness bonus, and arcane ability descriptions. Most of them lack details or just too vague in general.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

+1
    Completely imbalanced. If you want us to have a god mode, then just give us a god mode.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KarTik1 View Post

Not all player have like 30k ho built with those damage reduction pets i have 20k hp and using arc precious hb and baby aa to farm evg
    But its hard for me to tank after wave 60+ cause i cant afford 2k str gears will meph save me . I dont think so cause gears are still more needed and not that pet can help you to run with legendary or mythic gears to farm evg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can assure you that not having 2k str isnt what’s causing your death, it’s the lack of meph AA (assuming you have the basic arcane gears for war). I have farmed with warriors who have 1.6-1.8k str and they easily go past wave 60 lol. As long as you have the right gears for tanks and meph AA you will rarely die at wave 60 lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Default A Proposal to Nerf Meph AA (PVE)

Quote Originally Posted by Deathlyreaper View Post
    I can assure you that not having 2k str isnt what’s causing your death, it’s the lack of meph AA (assuming you have the basic arcane gears for war). I have farmed with warriors who have 1.6-1.8k str and they easily go past wave 60 lol. As long as you have the right gears for tanks and meph AA you will rarely die at wave 60 lol.

if you got H tad with 35%DR arc prec 25%SDR wrang belt 25%SDR plus Arc arie’s 15%SDR and a valley settler set proc that will give you 2x damage and 2x armor for 6 seconds if it procs,a war with 1.3k could reach way beyond w60 gotta have skills to run EVG, 2k str with meph but with no skills will bring you no where. Trust me been running EVG with 1.3k base str ofc with stacking equipment can bring me way beyond w60, And that time i used arc were,arc taika and glow. and also it has something to do with the party members as well and what AA they’re using. What else? So is it still Impossible to reach 100% DR without using meph? And also i didn’t even mention meph and baby blizz AA’s and arc arie’s life leech yet so its not the pet (mephisto) carries you in evg multiplayer, its a team effort. With OP items such as high primary stats or BD awakes, procs, pet’s AA combos and team skills, its like you’re saying that even a player that doesn’t know how to run evg has a higher survival rate because “he has meph ”, remember meph’s AA skill can only last atleast 6-7 seconds which is enough to kill the mobs and it takes 20 seconds to cool down that is why when you ask LB runners about how long do they need to clear a wave most of them will tell you At least 20 seconds and plus as a war user we have this skill called juggernaut so making a thread about nerfing meph just doesn’t make sense, the fact that theres another god like pet called arc arie and has 15% life leech or life steal paired with glint aegis
    While the skull axe proc is active. You can’t die ( as a war) so yeah nerfing meph is a i feel like all those pets and items that has stacking stats in it is made for endless waves like the EVG and the Temple. Even nerfing meph doesn’t mean it will balance the game. Specifically in EVG or Temple since there’s other options to choose from with the same results and i think the issue is more on the SDR side, only reason why sts did what they did is in every wave the mobs and the boss damages goes up to a certain percentage and in order to counter it they came up with the SDR but still, team skills and timing is the reason why the players that are currently in the LB evg are in there.

Sent from Hogwarts using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Luckycharmx; 06-18-2021 at 05:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharmx View Post
    if you got H tad with 35%DR arc prec 25%SDR wrang belt 25%SDR plus Arc arie’s 15%SDR a war with 1.3k could reach way beyond w60 gotta have skills to run EVG, 2k str with meph but with no skills will bring you no where. Trust me been running EVG with 1.3k base str ofc with stacking equipment can bring me way beyond w60, And that time i used arc taika and glow. and also it has something to do with the party members as well and what AA they’re using. What else? Impossible to reach 100% DR?

Thank you for bringing this up, all the more reason developer need to check the damage reduction stacking part in this game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I am pretty sure mephisto AA has been the same since it came out (and even if they changed it, the AA is the same in the past 12 months at least)
    and no one has ever complained. only when temple is coming and people wanna get LB and they can't afford they are crying.
    where were you people in the past year?
    it wasn't OP back then?
    The Hypocrisy.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

If it is op as you say guys then send proof to sts that it allows 100% dmg red or suggest not to allow dmg red stacking in the first place .

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trueido View Post
    I am pretty sure mephisto AA has been the same since it came out (and even if they changed it, the AA is the same in the past 12 months at least)
    and no one has ever complained. only when temple is coming and people wanna get LB and they can't afford they are crying.
    it wasn't OP back then?
    The Hypocrisy.

Thats not the problem of having a very good aa. The problem is that with new other pets it is possible to get almost complete dmg reduction.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Mephisto needs a nerf.

Procs stacking should stop, I've been saying this from the moment we could stack Cackling Bonesaw + Glint Aegis back in 46 Cap, and at a later point even with Drag Sword. Not sure if anyone remembers the tears of Mages and Rogues in PvP back then.

For those who are against nerfing things in PvE because it helps everyone, I feel sorry for the logic.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts

it wasn't OP back then?
    The Hypocrisy.
    Have u even read the thread yet? We know mephisto has been the same, it’s a problem with STACKING DAMAGE REDUCTION pets. There were no STACKING DAMAGE REDUCTION pets until a few months ago. Mephisto has 50% STACKING DAMAGE REDUCTION in the aa. Arcane belt has 25% STACKING DAMAGE REDUCTION. Baby blizz has 25% STACKING DAMAGE REDUCTION. Arcanite precious and arcanite loveling have 25% STACKING DAMAGE REDUCTION. In reality, u can receive 125% STACKING DAMAGE REDUCTION, which is well over 100% STACKING DAMAGE REDUCTION, which makes u INVULNERABLE to damage for 9-10 SECONDS. Thanks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kystone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default A Proposal to Nerf Meph AA (PVE)

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharmx View Post
    if you got H tad with 35%DR arc prec 25%SDR wrang belt 25%SDR plus Arc arie’s 15%SDR and a valley settler set proc that will give you 2x damage and 2x armor for 6 seconds if it procs,a war with 1.3k could reach way beyond w60 gotta have skills to run EVG, 2k str with meph but with no skills will bring you no where. Trust me been running EVG with 1.3k base str ofc with stacking equipment can bring me way beyond w60, And that time i used arc were,arc taika and glow. and also it has something to do with the party members as well and what AA they’re using. What else? So is it still Impossible to reach 100% DR without using meph? And also i didn’t even mention meph and baby blizz AA’s and arc arie’s life leech yet so its not the pet (mephisto) carries you in evg multiplayer, its a team effort. With OP items such as high primary stats or BD awakes, procs, pet’s AA combos and team skills, its like you’re saying that even a player that doesn’t know how to run evg has a higher survival rate because “he has meph ”, remember meph’s AA skill can only last atleast 6-7 seconds which is enough to kill the mobs and it takes 20 seconds to cool down that is why when you ask LB runners about how long do they need to clear a wave most of them will tell you At least 20 seconds and plus as a war user we have this skill called juggernaut so making a thread about nerfing meph just doesn’t make sense, the fact that theres another god like pet called arc arie and has 15% life leech or life steal paired with glint aegis
    While the skull axe proc is active. You can’t die ( as a war) so yeah nerfing meph is a i feel like all those pets and items that has stacking stats in it is made for endless waves like the EVG and the Temple. Even nerfing meph doesn’t mean it will balance the game. Specifically in EVG or Temple since there’s other options to choose from with the same results and i think the issue is more on the SDR side, only reason why sts did what they did is in every wave the mobs and the boss damages goes up to a certain percentage and in order to counter it they came up with the SDR but still, team skills and timing is the reason why the players that are currently in the LB evg are in there.

Sent from Hogwarts using Tapatalk
    All this is telling me is u agree with what I said lol. 2k Str doesn’t have as much of an effect as SDR.

And I never mentioned that other team members don’t matter. The survivability I was referring to is survivability against mobs at the beginning of the wave (bc thats a common way warriors die).

It’s also quite funny that you mention H Tad, Arc Prec and “plus Arc Arie”, are you able to have 2 pets in evg when you are doing a solo warrior?? is that how you are surviving mobs? lol. If u are considering HTad passive, it doesn’t stack like SDR

Last edited by Deathlyreaper; 06-18-2021 at 10:10 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Btw how do you all know meph does dmg red
    ,I can't find it in the description

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Last edited by trueido; 06-18-2021 at 10:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

You have no idea what you are talking about LOL
    when you have jug (65% non stacking dmg reduction) and on top on it mephisto AA, Arcanite precious HB and lets even add baby blizz AA so you could understand it better:

ITS NOT 65% + 50% + 25% + 25% = 165% damage reduction.

the stacking part take place into the remaining damage you take from the highest to the lowest.
    so lets say you take 10,000 damage.
    10,000 * 0.35 (jug) = 3,500
    3,500 * 0.5 (Mephis) = 1750
    1750 * 0.75(arc precious hb) = 1312.5
    1312.5 * 0.75 (baby bliz aa) = 984.375

YOU CAN'T HAVE 100% DMG REDUCTION EXCEPT FROM HEAL SHIELD.
    DON'T THROW RANDOM STUFF TO THE AIR WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING A BASIC CALCULATION.
    Why don't u try? Because i tried,meph aa+baby blizz aa and arc precious hb and it let me and who get the aa buffs also invulnerable ,tell me if u still get damage from mobs or bosses,if u don't,that's called 100%DAMAGE REDUCTION.
    i even tried in elite mauso solo,and destroying those structures like barrel,i get boldness belt proc 25%damage reduction,use mephisto aa 50% and using arc precious as hb 25%,total of 100%,and mobs hitting me but for my surprise,0 damage.Try things before u comment something wrong about.

Sent from me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Last edited by trueido; 06-18-2021 at 10:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tailwarrior View Post
    Btw how do you all know meph does dmg red
    ,I can't find it in the description

By testing? Lol

Sent from me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

+1 I realized that meph has been very op ever since the newer pets with op stacking damage reduction were introduced. Nerf both pve and pvp, not harsh nerf but just rescaling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

You have no idea what you are talking about LOL
    when you have jug (65% non stacking dmg reduction) and on top of it mephisto AA, Arcanite precious HB and lets even add baby blizz AA so you could understand it better:

ITS NOT 65% + 50% + 25% + 25% = 165% damage reduction.

the stacking part take place into the remaining damage you take from the highest to the lowest.
    so lets say you take 10,000 damage.
    10,000 * 0.35 (jug) = 3,500
    3,500 * 0.5 (Mephis) = 1750
    1750 * 0.75(arc precious hb) = 1312.5
    1312.5 * 0.75 (baby bliz aa) = 984.375

YOU CAN'T HAVE 100% DMG REDUCTION EXCEPT FROM HEAL SHIELD.
    DON'T THROW RANDOM STUFF TO THE AIR WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING A BASIC CALCULATION.
    And here we have someone who doesn’t know what they’re talking about, telling other people that they don’t know what they’re talking about.